Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228482 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640403 times)
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #460 on: July 21, 2004, 02:02:28 PM »

I'm actually shocked by how pessimistic people have become.  This is the most elaborate rumour that we've seen since 2002, when stores actually had a December release in their catalogs.  Other then 2002 (when I think CD was supposed to come out), this is the biggest release rumour that we've had in 10 years.  Normally, when anything major goes down, G'NR has a press release.  G'NR has even had a press release denying rumours on at least one occasion.  

Anyways, look how short the timeframe was for Velvet Revolver's release.  They didn't have much promotion for a long time.  If it gets to the end of September and we don't have a single, then I'll eat my words, but I think that we are doing pretty well so far.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
DemocracyRose
« Reply #461 on: July 21, 2004, 02:14:53 PM »

I have an idea

instead of asking Sanctaury/Universal to confirm a November release date (or this year in fact), why don't we ask them to confirm rumours that in fact, no matter what happens, CD will NOT be released in November.

I don't understand this "fascination" with Sanctuary.

The way I see, when they have something to say, they'll issue a press release. That's how it's worked so far. Did they tell anybody about the 2002 tours by e-mail? Rock In Rio 4?

I'm pretty sure that they'll issue a press release when there's a release date.

So instead of bombarding them with questions about every rumor you hear, just relax and enjoy the summer.  ok

/jarmo

Yaah... People has relax about that november thing.... Wink
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #462 on: July 21, 2004, 02:15:31 PM »

I have an idea

instead of asking Sanctaury/Universal to confirm a November release date (or this year in fact), why don't we ask them to confirm rumours that in fact, no matter what happens, CD will NOT be released in November.

The way I see, when they have something to say, they'll issue a press release. That's how it's worked so far. Did they tell anybody about the 2002 tours by e-mail? Rock In Rio 4?

So instead of bombarding them with questions about every rumor you hear, just relax and enjoy the summer.  ok

/jarmo

I totally agree. I realize everyone's is dying for information, but this "internet detective work" by spamming the label, management and anyone who may have had the smallest relation to working on the new GnR CD is ridiculous. You're not going to presure anyone into admitting anything we don't already know. I think VH1, Rolling Stone or Billboard will be breaking the news if/when CD is confirmed to be released before a random fan on a GNR message board.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #463 on: July 21, 2004, 02:19:10 PM »

I'm actually shocked by how pessimistic people have become.  This is the most elaborate rumour that we've seen since 2002, when stores actually had a December release in their catalogs.  Other then 2002 (when I think CD was supposed to come out), this is the biggest release rumour that we've had in 10 years.  Normally, when anything major goes down, G'NR has a press release.  G'NR has even had a press release denying rumours on at least one occasion.  

Anyways, look how short the timeframe was for Velvet Revolver's release.  They didn't have much promotion for a long time.  If it gets to the end of September and we don't have a single, then I'll eat my words, but I think that we are doing pretty well so far.

There are nothing to be shocked about....

A lot of people on this board has been dissapointed so many fucking times...

But dont get me wrong. I hope this shit will be released in november too...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #464 on: July 21, 2004, 02:54:48 PM »

the facts are these

sanctuary will not tell some random emailer fan whats goin on

so if they say rumors are false it still doesnt necessarily mean they are, i mean what are they gonna say if they dont want us to know yet? "yeah those rumors are true" then they let the cat outta the bag

so its pointless, we will know when they are ready for us to know whether it be november or next summer or whenever!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #465 on: July 21, 2004, 02:55:02 PM »

I think VH1, Rolling Stone or Billboard will be breaking the news if/when CD is confirmed to be released before a random fan on a GNR message board.
I think Axl will make a press release when its coming, Thats how he does his business. MTV and VH1 will pick up the press release and announce it on their their little news update thing they used to do at tthe end of the hour.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #466 on: July 21, 2004, 03:15:13 PM »

I have an idea

/jarmo

Yaah... People has relax about that november thing.... Wink

Ditto

You know where the VH1 info came from and you also know that Sanctuary have not yet set an official release date

Leave it at that
Layko
« Reply #467 on: July 21, 2004, 05:59:25 PM »

The description isn't going anywhere, and you can say "oh somebody hacked google" well they must've hacked other search engine too. I don't get you people, you guys want chinese democracy yet you deny every little thing for it's release.

Anyways, it's only a matter of time before the actual site is updated.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #468 on: July 21, 2004, 06:49:45 PM »

The description isn't going anywhere, and you can say "oh somebody hacked google" well they must've hacked other search engine too. I don't get you people, you guys want chinese democracy yet you deny every little thing for it's release.

I already received an e-mail from Google explaining where the gnronline.com description came from.  The two other sites that used that description, and those two sites most likely got the description from dmoz.org.  Dmoz.org information comes from anyone that enters information for it, so anybody could have typed that in.

We don't want to deny any sort of possible release, we just want to find out if information is true or even relevant.  We could happily believe every rumour that showed, but that's just foolishness in my opinion.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
ChristineP
« Reply #469 on: July 21, 2004, 11:34:53 PM »

I have an idea

/jarmo

I am with you Jarmo w/ a J-  I am as anxious as everybaby yes , but it's not 2002 anymore!? (Dorothy theory)   We have some "possible good"  rumour.  Maybe We have a chance to see a CD by August,  I suspect Shocked , and a tour again in November?HuhHuh  Just wishfull thinking.  Second kick at the can.  If so I am going solo for the nest time.  Last tour I was too pre---occupied.  

I wonder if I can make it back stage Cool

The buzz is going on (busy boots).  At least something for the fans.  I sound like an idiot.  Have to keep pressing,   nothing else seems to work.  
DemocracyRose
« Reply #470 on: July 22, 2004, 01:33:16 AM »

Anyways, it's only a matter of time before the actual site is updated.  hihi
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2004, 06:20:41 AM »

A friend of mine, whos actually not even much of a GNR fan, tells me that while purchasing a Metallica CD at Sam Goody, the clerk asked him, unprovoked, if hed like to reserve Guns N' Roses new self-titled album due November...Dont know exactly whats going on there.  Huh
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #472 on: July 22, 2004, 12:20:12 PM »

Wait, Sam Goody was like one of the first music stores to announce the Dec. 2, 2002 release date right?? Shocked
It got cancelled once so I guess it can happen again but that's definitely a good sign. Thanx for the info Booker.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 12:21:42 PM by Will » Logged

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #473 on: July 22, 2004, 01:37:05 PM »

Well, if Sam Goody is saying something about a record, then the TransWorld (FYE, Strawberries, etc.) stores would likely be soon to follow, at least they were back in 2002. Undecided

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2004, 01:50:17 PM »

Thanx Booker Cheesy

Interesting, isn?t it!

New self?titled? Self?titled???
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #475 on: July 22, 2004, 02:20:10 PM »

what does *"self titled"  mean?
I am from Norway so... plus I am a little retarded
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #476 on: July 22, 2004, 02:23:41 PM »

Self-Titled means that the cd would come out as Guns n' Roses: Guns n' Roses.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #477 on: July 22, 2004, 02:56:46 PM »

A friend of mine, whos actually not even much of a GNR fan, tells me that while purchasing a Metallica CD at Sam Goody, the clerk asked him, unprovoked, if hed like to reserve Guns N' Roses new self-titled album due November...Dont know exactly whats going on there.  Huh
Alot of stores do this with video games. You put down like $10 and they hold the game for you when it comes out. If you dont pay the rest of it the store gets to keep your $10. I have seen stores with Reserve "HALO 2" for over a year now and the game is finally getting released November 9.  The whole thing is a way for the store to get and hold onto your money

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #478 on: July 22, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

Well, if Sam Goody is saying something about a record, then the TransWorld (FYE, Strawberries, etc.) stores would likely be soon to follow, at least they were back in 2002. Undecided

I can say, without a doubt, that they haven't heard a thing about a release date (and I'm not talking about Sam Goody).  At least not as of this morning.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #479 on: July 22, 2004, 04:14:11 PM »

I can say, without a doubt, that they haven't heard a thing about a release date (and I'm not talking about Sam Goody).  At least not as of this morning.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Only going on precedent, pilferk, as an ex-TWEC employee. But, it's just a theory anyways, i'll take your word over my theory.  ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: