Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:08:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640321 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #400 on: July 14, 2004, 10:21:36 AM »

chinese democracy had to almost be finished in 2002 or they wouldnt have done VMA's and toured,
Im not so sure about that. Look at what Axl said at the VMAS. He said after they do the american leg of the tour they will go back and do some more recording, and see how it goes from there. The American tour was supposed to end I think in the first week of January 2003.

As we know it ended.

So they probably took the holidays off maybe a month or 2. That brings us to February/March. Axl and or the band begin to finish the album and whatver needs to be done. Then around early 2004 bucket "quits".

I truly believe the launching point for the album was going to be at rio4. That was going to  kick everything off. BUt then Bucket "quit" earlier in the year. So that put a wrench in things. ANd thats where we stand today.

In my opinion there have really been only 2 serious times the band was going to release the album. The first was around Rio3. But then Bucket came and they made a whole shitload of new material so that further delayed the album.

Then they went on tour to get out of the studio and gel as a band in a live setting.

I believe their intentions were to release  the album sometime in the spring/summer of 2004. Rio4 was going to begin everything. BUt because of bucket,gh, and maybe a lil vr we have not seen the album yet.

Its unfortunate the band and even Axl kept opening their mouths and saying soon. BUt if you really look at it there was only 2 serious points in time they would have released it.

One of these days it will come out. Sooner rather than later. And more than likely we are going to be a very happy bunch when we hear that album.....

enough of that, heres SuckerPunched....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 10:25:18 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #401 on: July 14, 2004, 01:20:36 PM »

Im not so sure about that. Look at what Axl said at the VMAS. He said after they do the american leg of the tour they will go back and do some more recording, and see how it goes from there. The American tour was supposed to end I think in the first week of January 2003.

As we know it ended.

So they probably took the holidays off maybe a month or 2. That brings us to February/March. Axl and or the band begin to finish the album and whatver needs to be done. Then around early 2004 bucket "quits".

I truly believe the launching point for the album was going to be at rio4. That was going to  kick everything off. BUt then Bucket "quit" earlier in the year. So that put a wrench in things. ANd thats where we stand today.

In my opinion there have really been only 2 serious times the band was going to release the album. The first was around Rio3. But then Bucket came and they made a whole shitload of new material so that further delayed the album.

Then they went on tour to get out of the studio and gel as a band in a live setting.

I believe their intentions were to release  the album sometime in the spring/summer of 2004. Rio4 was going to begin everything. BUt because of bucket,gh, and maybe a lil vr we have not seen the album yet.

Its unfortunate the band and even Axl kept opening their mouths and saying soon. BUt if you really look at it there was only 2 serious points in time they would have released it.

I agree with you in some points, but...
1. BH joined the band in early 2000. They could have recorded a couple of songs together before Rio. There was a rumor that CD is not out, because Brain had to replace Josh Freese's parts. Well, if they had had 3 albums back then, it would have taken 2 or 3 months. That's not a long period of time. But I think thy didn't work together, 'cause Axl said in an interview that the band had rehearsals for only 2 weeks before their first gig. I have only one question: why?

2. Axl said that they wanted to rlease the new album in 1997, 2000, etc. Maybe it was BS, but he said these things and not only 'soon'.

3. We don't really know when BH left.

4. I don't think they wanted to release CD around Rio. I think they knew for months that they wouldn't make the gig.

5. Axl surely wanted to do some recordings after the ill-fated US tour, but I think he would have released CD in the first half of 2002 if the tour had been successful and Philly hadn't happened.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
DemocracyRose
« Reply #402 on: July 14, 2004, 01:29:42 PM »

If we dont get any release date in the next few weeks...(and we are not) nervous

I think November is out of question.... Tongue
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #403 on: July 14, 2004, 02:27:06 PM »

I don't want to offend you Democracy Rose but why don't you just wait those few weeks and actually see what happens? Instead of just whining about it because you've had to wait this long.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #404 on: July 14, 2004, 03:15:11 PM »

I don't want to offend you Democracy Rose but why don't you just wait those few weeks and actually see what happens? Instead of just whining about it because you've had to wait this long.

Im not whining...
First i actually believed in the "november release", with the VH1 "statement" and second, about that radio announcement (Ontario), who turn out to be about VR.... rant

I think Axl is runing out of time for a November release, because this cd has to  be announced 4-5 month before the release date.....(If they want to do it right)

I think and hope, we will hear some news in the fall....

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #405 on: July 14, 2004, 04:39:39 PM »

An announcement doesn't necessarily have to be made 4-5 months before a release. It could be made as late as the 1st week of October, if it was coming out in the later half of November. A lot of the aspects of releasing an album can be done behind the scenes, especially with this band, as far as promotion and whatnot....

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #406 on: July 14, 2004, 06:02:55 PM »

Yeah it could be announced in October, the long waiting will build hype up FAST

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #407 on: July 14, 2004, 06:34:44 PM »

4. I don't think they wanted to release CD around Rio. I think they knew for months that they wouldn't make the gig.

Trust me, they did.
Bucket was in and out months before rio. Around JAn./Feb. I think they began to realize they would not be doing Rio. As a result of the Bucket scenario they also had to figure out what they are going to do with the album etc.

1. BH joined the band in early 2000. They could have recorded a couple of songs together before Rio.
Yea they could have but do you think Axl is going to record a few songs and then add it to the album? No way. This album is his life. He has and is going over every note on the album. When Bucket came a long, I believe shortly prior to RIO3 they decided to hold back. he new material Axl and Dizzy have talked about is probably basicallya ll the stuff the new band did.

2. Axl said that they wanted to rlease the new album in 1997, 2000, etc. Maybe it was BS, but he said these things and not only 'soon'.
I agree, Axl shouldnt have opened his mouth along the way unless he was definatly sure. To his defense the band has also had badluck thrown in thier way as well. But no excuses.

3. We don't really know when BH left.
Who knows, I would guess he was "officially" out in early 2004. But who knows, he might surface again.

5. Axl surely wanted to do some recordings after the ill-fated US tour, but I think he would have released CD in the first half of 2002 if the tour had been successful and Philly hadn't happened.
Perhaps. Axl said at the vmas that after the tour ended they would go back and do some more recording/finish the album. The tour ended in 1st week of January of 2003. Assume they all took a month or 2 off after the tour that brings us to March/April 20o3. So they begin to do what they have to do on the album , then they finally target Spring 2004 as the time. Then the bucket shit ha[[ens early 2004. Monkey wrench into the plans.

If we dont get any release date in the next few weeks...(and we are not)

I think November is out of question....
If we dont get a release by mid october then its safe to we will not be getting CD this year. My personal timetable for news is from Sept- Oct.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2004, 10:08:42 AM »

This time they atleast got Cadieux's name right.

Actually no! rant Grin

It's Caudieux, not Cadieux, but this time that's pretty close! Wink

Anyways, the nov. release date felt right a few days/ weeks ago...now we're mid-july...it seems less and less likely.

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2004, 02:07:20 PM »

Anyways, the nov. release date felt right a few days/ weeks ago...now we're mid-july...it seems less and less likely.

I still don't understand people's timetable for the need to verify a CD release 4 months early?
It's mid-july. How many titles have been announced for release in November?
A small handful at best.
Labels aren't even close to settling on their release schedule for the 4th quarter yet (and NOV. is historically one of the biggest months of the year for major releases). You get rumors (like GnR) but NOTHING is set in stone. U2, Rob Thomas, System of a Down, Destiny's Child are all rumored to be in that NOV. slot, but nothing is confirmed yet, as most of the CDs are probably still a long way from even being finished.
And with the Guardian now reporting that Tommy said "late 2004/early 2005" I think Nov. is still likely. If the album is done, the legal issues are taken care of, then obviously the label will really push for a release before the holidays, rather than in Feb. or March.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2004, 04:07:51 PM »

Due to past experiences, when a band member says late 20xx/ early 20xx, I tend to believe their latter guess or expectation. In that case I would believe early 2005, but if even a band member is guessing it could maybe be released some time between say oct. 2004 and feb. 2005, I'm very doubtful of a nov. release.
This is just my take on this though, I do not state it as a fact or anything. I was optimistic in 2001/2002. 2/3 years later I am not as much.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2004, 04:10:47 PM »

With Tommy touring in August a November release looks dead in the water...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2004, 04:31:58 PM »

How so Izzy?

End of August to end of November = 3 months.

What's the problem?

@#$%Muther
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2004, 04:41:17 PM »

How so Izzy?

End of August to end of November = 3 months.

What's the problem?

@#$%Muther

Well unless its one small tour it will last atleast 2 months surely? Leaves fuck all time to rehearse for a GNR tour or prepare for warm up shows.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2004, 05:42:13 PM »

Actually no! rant Grin

It's Caudieux, not Cadieux, but this time that's pretty close! Wink

It must be a French name, since you gain upheaval every time somebody misspells it  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2004, 07:14:11 PM »

Well unless its one small tour it will last atleast 2 months surely? Leaves fuck all time to rehearse for a GNR tour or prepare for warm up shows.....

From Tommy Sitnson's previous site update:

I'm aiming to stick (ACS) with them and tour the whole country and Europe til the end of summer into early fall

Again, it's an issue of semantics...but I'd say into early fall goes at least into the first week of October, maybe a little later. Plus, Brain is doing some shows then too, right? That doesn't necccesarily k'bosh a November release, though. First you're assuming they would be touring right away once the album hit...that may not be the case, they certainly don't need to tour to generate buzz for the album (hell, maybe they can't tour if the Clear Channel mess is the way it is). And, assuming that the CC mess has nothing to do with whether they can or can't tour, that would still give them most of November and December to rehearse for some warm-up dates (possibly HOB in Vegas again?) if they wanted. All speculation, I'd still say that it's only a 10-15% chance we see CD by the end of this year, but that's higher than 2003! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 07:15:07 PM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2004, 10:21:11 PM »

It must be a French name, since you gain upheaval every time somebody misspells it  hihi

rant.... Grin

Yeah, his ancestors (maybe his parents or grandparents) must be French Canadian, French or Cajun. I would say his roots are French Canadian though. Still kinda cool to see a french-sounding name in the GN'R crew! peace

jbreezy
« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2004, 01:38:06 PM »

Just for the sake of hope, does anyone know the shortest possible time for promotion and everything else that goes along with cd releases.  Because Nov. creepin' up and it's startin to look farther away again.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2004, 02:02:25 PM »

i just think when it comes to promotion axl will be the one doing most of the stuff

some artists do more promotion than others, axl to me just doesnt seem like a guy thats gonna go on 50 talk shows and programs, all i know is first single has to be out by the first or second week of october at the latest, if there is no announcement by at least last of august first 2 weeks of september ill switch my attention and start hopin for a spring release

i do think its closer than ever though and the wait is worth it and i almost enjoy waiting, it gives me something else to look forward 2

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2004, 02:16:01 PM »

5 weeks can be done. As long as its announced 5 weeks befroe they have time to set up the shipping, sunday ads, etc...

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: