Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640280 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2004, 08:35:50 AM »

you know what? let's see what happens in september. If nothing happens, then forget the November Released date. Promotion takes time.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2004, 09:17:52 AM »

Everyone seems to have a magical amount of time needed for mixing and then for promotion. This is perhaps the most anticipated Rock CD in the past 10 years. When it's getting ready to hit, people will know.
Velvet Revolver needed dozens of interviews and apperances to introduce fans to something new, but GnR does not. They won't need to do the endless string of press and I'm sure they won't. Axl will probably a small handful of interviews with major media outlets (MTV, Rolling Stone, ??) and then let the music do the talking.
I won't give up on the Nov. release until early October.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2004, 12:03:46 PM »

Usually albums are done (mixed and ready) for months before they're released.

This album doesn't seem to be done yet and November is less than four months away.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2004, 12:25:14 PM »

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but how long of a gap was there between the announcement of the Illusions release date and the actual release?
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2004, 12:28:12 PM »

It was about a month, maybe six weeks.  "Don't Cry" was released as a single about 3 weeks before the UYI twins hit.

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2004, 12:50:08 PM »

I hate lending creedence to rumors, but lets just say that the "meeting" in N.Y. was 2 months ago. For ease of typing we'll call Geffen, Sanctuary and Axl: Guns N' Roses. So 2 months ago Guns N' Roses gives VH1 a rough release date of November 2004, I'm guessing they didn't get it off of the Chinese Zodiac Place mat at the Chinese Food restuarant they ate at the night before, November came from somewhere. So I'm gonna guess (all logic is out the window with Axl) that the album was atleast entering the mixing stages 2 months ago (which would also make sense when reading the Dizzy interview). Thats late May early June that mixing began........June July August September.......plenty of time to mix an album.........If it finishes in mid to late september, the announcement could be made as early as Oct. 1st for a release around the day after Thanksgiving (or Tuesday before 11/23). That leaves almost two months for promotion (single, video, late night apperances, Kurt Loder interview..so on so forth)
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2004, 02:34:47 PM »

mixing could easily be done in 2 months. The problem is they need to get Axl out of the studio for the mixing and let someone else do it. Otherwise he will be secodn guessing everyone and it will never get done

Did he do that the last time you were in the studio with him?

last time i was in the studio i was laying sown a guitar solo and Axl was like "again, with feeling".
i was like "no"....Axl dropped his twinkie and Slim Fast and said to Dizzy, "wheres my powder?". Dizzy poured baby powder in his hand then slapped me across the face and said "im rick james bitch!"
i said "no your not u crazy ass" then he fired me, and the whole time Buckethead was in the corner playing with his leatherface dolls.......so you see, nothing ever gets done with all this non sence going on hihi

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
madagas
« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2004, 02:44:33 PM »

U2 may be releasing their album on Nov 23rd-rumor from one of their fan boards. That is the type of release that could affect the timing of Chinese's release. Just another excuse for why we won't see the album this year. Undecided
lastroots
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2004, 02:58:46 PM »

U2 may be releasing their album on Nov 23rd-rumor from one of their fan boards. That is the type of release that could affect the timing of Chinese's release. Just another excuse for why we won't see the album this year. Undecided

Every year one, two or more "great" bands (like U2 for example) release their albums. If this would be planned in as a negative effect, CD will never come.

/lastroots
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2004, 02:22:02 AM »

Every year one, two or more "great" bands (like U2 for example) release their albums. If this would be planned in as a negative effect, CD will never come.

/lastroots
Although I'm not the biggest U2 fan. That's a valid point. GnR CD will come out during a week nothing else big is planned. AKA Contrband. They want it to be #1 its first week and #1 on rock charts so they dont want to compete against other Older Rock Bands.  If Axl doesnt sell as good as contraband, he may never release anything after CD

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #390 on: July 13, 2004, 05:25:16 AM »

I don't know why anyone is even debating that they hope to have it out by November.

Fact: VH1 said November
Fact: They got it from a source other than the net
Fact: According to Mysteron who spoke to the producer and a poster on Velvetrope management/label gave this timeframe (they must think it's realistic).
Fact: VH1 didn't remove the date from the second airing (wonder about future ones...)
Fact: We have other sources rumouring November before BTM came out (coincidence?)

This is a lot of info which put together is quite strong.

Of course, whether it happens is another thing.  Undecided

@#$%Muther
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2004, 03:39:43 PM »

From the Admin over @ the RumourBoard, Take it for what it is as usual:

The album 'Chinese Democracy' was mainly recorded at the Village recording studios in LA. Studio B was generally used especially later on

The main producer of Chinese Democracy, as stated before, is Caram Costanzo. Other engineering work was done by Eric Cadieax. (Please note that contact details for these individuals are NOT listed on this site, and both individuals have requested NOT to be contacted. Please respect this). Axl has also done some producing himself.

The tracklist for Chinese Democracy has not been -firmly- fixed despite information stating otherwise. Rumour has it that Axl has generally favoured later songs over earlier songs, although the song, This I Love, will appear regardless

Regarding final track selection, I have heard that Axl keeps changing the tracklist.... but they are only slight changes. Sterling Sound have indicated that they are yet to master the final product. That can be done quickly though

I will also add that Axl has been given November as a -target- date

After the Illusion albums though Axl will not bow down to pressure so we will have to see what happens

Seems to say (if you believe it) that mixing is not yet done, tracklisting is not yet final, but close.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
madagas
« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2004, 03:54:24 PM »

We have no idea what will be on this album. Also, as far as the three album theory goes, we have no idea on that either as Management told Mysteron that things change daily in regards to the album/albums. Thus, Axl has achieved his goal of no one knowing what the fuck is going to happen, if anything at all. Wink
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 04:13:05 PM by madagas » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2004, 05:18:59 PM »

It seems if Axl and Co thought Nov was a target date they would atleast have the track listing done

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #394 on: July 13, 2004, 06:03:58 PM »

Other engineering work was done by Eric Cadieax.

Cadieax? I don't think so. I think he means Eric Caudieux (check out HTGTH's Live Era page), which would be logical since he's worked on Live Era.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #395 on: July 13, 2004, 07:12:58 PM »

Just copying and pasting. don't know the accuracy of the spelling Wink
would seem to make sense though Axl would revert back to people he worked with previously. Also, this post (which may or may not be true) implies there is some semblance of a tracklisting, with Axl fiddling with a few tracks here and there. Again, it's arumourboard post, so just take it for what it is.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #396 on: July 13, 2004, 08:15:55 PM »

The way they list the two guys and tell you DO NO CONTACT THEM makes it sound sketchy. If they didnt want people to contact them ahead of time or bother them. They would let their names out until the CD comes out.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #397 on: July 13, 2004, 09:39:38 PM »

More water to the rumor mill...

Detailing activities in The Village, a studio GNR's known to have worked in: "Guns N' Roses camped out cutting new tracks with producer/engineer Caram Costanzo and Pro Tools engineer Eric Cadieux." I think the news are dated for February '04.

This time they atleast got Cadieux's name right. Earlier this year there were these rumors of Costanzo being the current producer. He worked on This I love in around the year 2000, that we know for a fact. Could it be possible that he's brought back onboard to put this thing finally together? Wishful thinking, I know....  peace
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 09:41:37 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2004, 01:31:35 AM »

chinese democracy had to almost be finished in 2002 or they wouldnt have done VMA's and toured, i think if that had went well we wouldve got it in may or so, then last year came the greatest hits package that was originally schedules for november

if it was almost done in 2002, thats 2 years, so i think its very possible and there is absolutely nothing left in the way, they got the GH clause outta the contract and the waters are clear for CD

its gotta happen sometime, u can be skeptical all u want and say its never coming , but it will

and why not this year

sooner or later its gotta be true
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 01:38:32 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2004, 03:08:31 AM »

chinese democracy had to almost be finished in 2002 or they wouldnt have done VMA's and toured, i think if that had went well we wouldve got it in may or so
sooner or later its gotta be true

Very True I dont think he would of did the Tour 2002 if he wasnt close on Chinese D.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: