Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:37:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640268 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2004, 07:02:12 PM »

Axl didn't want the show to happen because it essentially is tying itself to VR's Contraband release. i bet he would have preferred the BTM timed to coincide with CD.

Mysteron's latest comment is actually good news. We know why they denied Vh1's blurp; simply because they had never announced it.

Axl would have to be pretty low to shift the release of CD because of Viacom/Vh1/MTV. They will help him immensely.

Good stuff: keep it coming. We know now that managment was in fact intending the release to be November. Coolness.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
estranged.1098
« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2004, 10:12:28 PM »

If there really was a November planned release, why the fuck don't they just acknowlege it? I mean really, what's the big fucking deal? It's not like they're about to announce a cure for cancer, aids, world hunger, or peace in the middle east. How would it hurt them if they said yea, it's coming out in November, if they do, in fact, plan to release it in November? How does it hurt them?

First of all, after the release date of the album is set Guns N' Roses will make an announcement when they feel it's time to make an announcement. Maybe they want to announce it one week before the release date, maybe two months or maybe four. Whatever.

Second, after they set a release date, they know something out of their control could possibly change their plans and keep the goal from being met. It would look pretty bad if they announce a date and can't keep it because of some legal issue for example. So even if the album is slated for release in November of 2004 they will deny it for as much as they can, I believe (confirming or not responding to a rumor is pretty much the same as announcing it in this aspect, so they have to deny it).

It ain't happening people.  When are you all going to realise that?

Perhaps you should answer this question to yourself: 'how do I, a simple person on a message board, can say for sure what will happen with a very much unpredictable band in the next 4 months?'

Fact is you can't, and nobody here can. We can only look at the facts, and everything is pointing that Guns N' Roses wants to release the album this year. If they'll manage to do it we can only wait to see.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 10:18:48 PM by estranged.1098 » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2004, 10:20:17 PM »

If its not chinse democracy then let it be the recorded AFD. Alteast something from the new guys  ok

If there are legal issues with Chinese Democracy, perhaps we'll see a new record of AfD in the year of 2040.  hihi
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2004, 10:29:48 PM »

Quote from the Dizzy interview:

"Its an unenviable task for whoever is going to mix it."

Who thinks it's gonna be mixed in maybe two months?

/jarmo
It's doesn't mean that it's yet to be mixed. He said something like "it's a hard job to everyone". I would explain better in portuguese, but I understand that he didn't said this like it has something yet to be mixed.

estranged.1098
« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2004, 02:14:41 AM »

/jarmo
It's doesn't mean that it's yet to be mixed. He said something like "it's a hard job to everyone". I would explain better in portuguese, but I understand that he didn't said this like it has something yet to be mixed.

I understand what you're saying and I agree.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2004, 02:24:53 AM »

/jarmo

I understand what you're saying and I agree.

Wow, thanks! You must be good in riddles, lol.  hihi

Rocker

« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2004, 08:31:32 AM »

/jarmo

No, I think it means that the album hasn't been mixed yet.
The words "is going to" means something that will happen in the future.
madagas
« Reply #367 on: July 10, 2004, 08:57:18 AM »

Which, in turn, means the album is not completely finished! I'll kiss everyone in this forums ass if this record is released in November. It just isn't going to happen. It will be released sometime but we have no more clue now than we did in 1996 (Axl's infamous Burning Hills fax), then June 2001(Axl's statement after Rio), then DEC 3RD 2002 (every record chain and news outlet had this specific date), now Nov 04. Give it a rest! rant
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #368 on: July 10, 2004, 09:41:42 AM »

I agree with what seems to be the majority (hey, Jarmo, maybe that should be your next poll  hihi ) ...November looks like a strong possibility. If what Mysteron is saying is correct, then I doubt GN'R management would drop the November date without realizing that VH1 would exploit it (regardless of whether or not Axl participated in the BTM).

I think management or whoever it was agreed to meet with VH1 to discuss Axl's involvement with the intentions of droping the November release date regardless of the meetings outcome. Like someone else suggested, it's free publicity for CD...why not take advantage of it (especially because this was clearly a VR-sided special).

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #369 on: July 10, 2004, 11:33:57 AM »

If there really was a November planned release, why the fuck don't they just acknowlege it? I mean really, what's the big fucking deal? It's not like they're about to announce a cure for cancer, aids, world hunger, or peace in the middle east. How would it hurt them if they said yea, it's coming out in November, if they do, in fact, plan to release it in November? How does it hurt them?

Are you serious? Anybody knows that it just doesn't work like that. Besides the obvious fact that nothing is concrete with GNR, nobody confirms a release date like that.

As for the mixing - the fact that it was the beginning of June when this interview took place leaves 5/6 months between interview and November. Why do people seem to think this means the album can't come out by November?

Why two months for mixing Jarmo? How long does mixing take usually, and how long usually between mixing and release?

@#$%Muther
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #370 on: July 10, 2004, 12:03:40 PM »

Are you serious? Anybody knows that it just doesn't work like that. Besides the obvious fact that nothing is concrete with GNR, nobody confirms a release date like that.

As for the mixing - the fact that it was the beginning of June when this interview took place leaves 5/6 months between interview and November. Why do people seem to think this means the album can't come out by November?

Why two months for mixing Jarmo? How long does mixing take usually, and how long usually between mixing and release?

@#$%Muther

HeHe, yea, I guess you're right. After all, this is Axl we're talking about. To expect him to confirm a November release date & then actually follow up, like, you know, just about every recording artist in history is obviously waaayyyy beyond his capabilities.

I guess I'm a bit surprised that people like you, you know, his fans, have such low expectations for him & actually expect & defend his inabilities to get the stupid thing out already.

Or maybe the record isn't done after all, & will never be done.  
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #371 on: July 10, 2004, 12:11:40 PM »

I don't know what's taken so long. All we know is that things are never certain and we don't know 10% of what's gone on with the last 7 years. Given that, we shouldn't expect anything but as fans we can hope and I reserve judgement on how Axl has failed/fucked up/had problems/been a victim/had legal issues/etc untill I hear some actual fact or truth which neither of us have.

@#$%Muther
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2004, 12:21:15 PM »

that's reasonable, mutherfuncker.  beer

In the meantime, we all have our theories. peace
Eric
« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2004, 12:57:55 PM »

If they have a November release date in mind, publicity for CD should start around Sept or so-this is why the Velvet Revolver release is doing so well-there have been a ton of interviews, apperances, and shows before it was released-casual fans, friends of mine knew about it and were really interested in Velvet Revolver, and I think it's because of the great job they did promoting it-I think it caught everyone by surprise by going #1. Axl needs to do the same thing, hopefully that's what he had in mind when trying to delay Behind the Music until the possible album release. Friends of mine tease me about when Chinese Democracy will come out-they just laugh about it-he needs to release it soon.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2004, 04:02:26 PM »

mixing could easily be done in 2 months. The problem is they need to get Axl out of the studio for the mixing and let someone else do it. Otherwise he will be secodn guessing everyone and it will never get done

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
estranged.1098
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2004, 08:25:31 PM »

mixing could easily be done in 2 months. The problem is they need to get Axl out of the studio for the mixing and let someone else do it. Otherwise he will be secodn guessing everyone and it will never get done

Did he do that the last time you were in the studio with him?
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #376 on: July 11, 2004, 04:37:38 AM »

He bloody did when I was. He was constantly over my shoulder going on in my ear about this and that. Eventually I just had to say "Axl, get out of my face, trust me, it'll sound great". I sent him out for donuts to get some peace.  Roll Eyes

Still, after working with him I can't help say "That Axl.... what a guy"  ok

@#$%Muther
Evolution
« Reply #377 on: July 11, 2004, 10:33:37 PM »

I sent him out for donuts to get some peace.  Roll Eyes

@#$%Muther

hihi the image of axl asking for frosty donuts is fucking cracking me up
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2004, 04:13:23 AM »

Yeah he told me to do it like this, and then 2 seconds later said "No no no, thats all wrong" So he suggested something else and loved it, then less a minute later he took the whole tape and ate it and said he was gonna go check out his illigitimate daughter on That 70's show

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Oni B.
Opening Act

It is hard being evil.

« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2004, 07:16:51 AM »

Let's see. Rumors of release in November... November Rain.. A conspiracy to keep Axl and the G'NR fans down? You decide..  Lips Sealed

I'm on the nightrain. Bottoms up. I'm on the nightrain. Fill my cup. I'm on the nightrain.

Ready to crash and burn. I never learn..
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: