Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640209 times)
Jan-Christoph K?hler
Headliner

:-)

« Reply #340 on: July 09, 2004, 04:49:12 AM »

Thanks Mysteron. But I think that?s a bad game. I think not Axl is playing with us but the media. Axl hasn?t given any release date yet, but the media, although they don?t really know if it?s true or not. On the other side, I really don?t understand why the management won?t give the info to the fans.

:-)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #341 on: July 09, 2004, 04:57:41 AM »

Maybe Axl wanted to release BTM in november to not promote any VR thing. To justify this, the management lied and told to VH1 that CD would be out by november...
Sorry but I don't wanna get so excited about this...  no
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 05:03:53 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #342 on: July 09, 2004, 07:44:29 AM »

What buzz?  Seriously?  I'm not trying to start anything here...but what buzz?  The same shitty rock stations are playing the same 5 GNR songs just as often as they have been playing them for the past 6 or 7 years.  I really am trying to figure out where this buzz comes from that alot of you dudes seem to be imagining.  And please don't tell me some story about some middle aged drunk guy at a gas station wearing a tattered, thrift-store GNR shirt or how some guy went to a yard party and got drunk and started telling people he was going to open for GNR in August.  That is not buzz.

And I'm sure alot of you are waiting with baited breath for the BTM ratings to come out so that you can say, "See.  It did really well.  That means there's buzz".  In reality, all that's going to mean is that everything else that was on was really shitty...plus BTM generally gets good ratings, anyway.

-Danny

Maybe GH, DVD's and VR?
GnR are tghe biggest selling rock band of 2004

That's a hatrick for Doull
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #343 on: July 09, 2004, 09:13:13 AM »

OK so Axl didn't want the show to happen and VH1 did it anyway.  And then VH1 cited management who said Axl'll do it after the album is released in november. So now they've probably pissed Axl off by doing the show without his approval right? So now what if Axl delays the album again just to discredit VH1 and make them look like assholes? Management has put pressure on Axl by releasing the date to the media and VH1 had inside info for a release date. but as far as we can tell nothing official has been announced so the only ones who could lose here is VH1 (they will be discredited) and us (for not getting the album for another year). Right? or am I just being negative about the situation?

McClane
Headliner

« Reply #344 on: July 09, 2004, 09:28:38 AM »

I believe in november !

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2004, 09:51:11 AM »

Maybe GH, DVD's and VR?

Didn't the DVDs come out last year? And they were'nt a huge success, either.

Plus, VR was number 1 for exactly one week...and that week was a month ago already.  Any imagined "buzz" is drifting away.

-Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #346 on: July 09, 2004, 10:06:57 AM »

If all of this is true, VH1 should have waited a few more months. They could have put together a fkiller 2 hour special. An hour of the old gnr segment. {just liek they did} And in that last segment discuss vr first then end off with new gnr. Then in the 2nd hour bam. They do a special on the band, how it formed, any stories over the years, the 2002 tour, the album etc.

Now that would have been some fukin 2 hrs. BUt o well.
Sounds like Axl wants to actually realease it in Novmeber. Thats good. Lets just hope nothing changes.

As for the vmas. Its a perfect tool but the only thing is its a little on the early side in regards toi novmber. If the album was coming out in sept/october, then yes definately gnr should do it with thier new single.

BUt there will be like 2 months in between the performace and the release of the single. And then anohter month for the album.

If November is the month then we should expect a single in October.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #347 on: July 09, 2004, 11:00:09 AM »

If there really was a November planned release, why the fuck don't they just acknowlege it? I mean really, what's the big fucking deal? It's not like they're about to announce a cure for cancer, aids, world hunger, or peace in the middle east. How would it hurt them if they said yea, it's coming out in November, if they do, in fact, plan to release it in November? How does it hurt them?

There will be no November release.

There will be no single in October.

There will be no "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" or press release concerning CD.

There is no "snowball" rolling down a hill picking up steam.

This "story" hardly has any legs, just a few publications repeating what they heard on BTM, & in the case of Kerrang, not even repeating it correctly.

This "story" will fizzle out just like all the others.

Nobody outside these messageboards gives a rat's ass about Axl.

November will come & go, & not a word.

Stinson, Brain, Dizzy, et al... will all be doing their own tours & album releases.

It ain't happening people.  When are you all going to realise that?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2004, 11:37:31 AM »

It ain't happening people.  When are you all going to realise that?

When Axl is either
a) under six feet of earth, feeding the worms

or

b) He says it ain't gonna happen

Til then, hope will spring eternal.  And hell, with the posthumus releases of other artists, even a) might not discourage most of us.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #349 on: July 09, 2004, 12:14:45 PM »

Everyone CALM DOWN!

We are NOT going to get this album this year. It is a FACT.

Everything we are hearing is just hearsay, rumors, and speculation. But we have one piece of fact (and only one) to go by.

And that is...

That Slash said Axl only recorded vocals on two tracks, and that he knows that for a fact.

So, if Slash said it...

(hehe sorry, this thing Slash said, never gets old for me)  hihi

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
DemocracyRose
« Reply #350 on: July 09, 2004, 12:32:50 PM »

I learn never to trust, stuff from a radiostation anymore... rant rant rant

The announcement is about VR... Not GNR... crying
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2004, 12:49:05 PM »

Providman just sucked the water crystals out of my momentum-gaining snowball..

beer
Joe
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #352 on: July 09, 2004, 02:09:09 PM »

VH1's reaction to Managements comment is as follows;

"Bottom line: Axl didn't want the show to happen. They met with New York and said wait till November when our album comes out. Axl will play ball. It's all politics.

By denying the date after its announced, they simply want to discredit the show. For what it's worth, Stinson had also said it would come out by the end of the year"

Again, I print this just to give a balanced perspective of the situation.  peace

So management covers ir's ass whether the album comes out or not...not bad strategy from my perspective....they get value-added free hype if it does, and if it don't well, they call Vh1 liars who were never interested in putting together a blanced show to begin with.

Also, as petty, egotistical, and ridiculous as Axl can be, I really douby he'd delay an album just to spite Vh1, that would make him just plain ignorant...I can accept him being many things, but not stupid enough to delay something that has gotten some hype (what level is subject to your opinion, I guess) on national tv just b/c he didnt agree with the special.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 02:14:11 PM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #353 on: July 09, 2004, 02:12:33 PM »

Everyone CALM DOWN!

Everything we are hearing is just hearsay, rumors, and speculation. But we have one piece of fact (and only one) to go by.

And that is...

That Slash said Axl only recorded vocals on two tracks, and that he knows that for a fact.

So, if Slash said it...

You just keep on believing that.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #354 on: July 09, 2004, 02:22:12 PM »

Quote from the Dizzy interview:

"Its an unenviable task for whoever is going to mix it."

Who thinks it's gonna be mixed in maybe two months?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #355 on: July 09, 2004, 02:29:01 PM »

So management covers ir's ass whether the album comes out or not...not bad strategy from my perspective....they get value-added free hype if it does, and if it don't well, they call Vh1 liars who were never interested in putting together a blanced show to begin with.

Also, as petty, egotistical, and ridiculous as Axl can be, I really douby he'd delay an album just to spite Vh1, that would make him just plain ignorant...I can accept him being many things, but not stupid enough to delay something that has gotten some hype (what level is subject to your opinion, I guess) on national tv just b/c he didnt agree with the special.

How is this covering their ass??? Mysteron telling a 3000 person message board that managment denies it, isn't telling the 2 million people who saw the announcement. When it doesn't come out and then Managment makes a public denial they look ridiculous for waiting 5 months, it's just another hollow excuse from Axl.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #356 on: July 09, 2004, 02:43:25 PM »

I'd say VH1's comment paints an immature picture of management.

Unless of course management's plan was actually to get some free publicity in case it actually DOES come out in November. By denying it, they aren't liable. But if it turns out true, people obviously know about it.

This is either very juvinile or very smart, time will tell.

swosh26
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #357 on: July 09, 2004, 03:33:23 PM »

Quote from the Dizzy interview:

"Its an unenviable task for whoever is going to mix it."

Who thinks it's gonna be mixed in maybe two months?

/jarmo

as a musician id like to say it doesnt take very long to mix an album dude
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #358 on: July 09, 2004, 05:41:44 PM »

Everyone CALM DOWN!

And that is...

So, if Slash said it...

You just keep on believing that.

You just keep on believing that I wasn't being sarcastic. The happy face must have thrown you off.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #359 on: July 09, 2004, 05:51:35 PM »

If its not chinse democracy then let it be the recorded AFD. Alteast something from the new guys  ok

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: