Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640220 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2004, 02:08:43 PM »

More people have picked up on this story!!!
This was in the news section at Kerrang's website:

Axl greases new album?
07 July 2004 12.15pm

Perhaps galvanised into action by Slash's Velvet Revolver project, Axl Rose says his new  on-off/off Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy will be out in November. The  announcement was made during a Behind The Music TV special which aired on VH1 in the US this  weekend.

It's been merely a decade in the making and will be the depleted group's first new studio  album since 1993's covers album The Spaghetti Incident. It's unclear whether the song Oh My  God, from 1999's Arnie Schwarzewnegger flick End Of Days, will be included on the album. What is clear is that Axl will definitely be taking his time...

This was in the music news section at a local radio station in my area called 106.9 WCCC, its in Hartford:

7/6/2004
During the VH1 BEHIND THE MUSIC special with GUNS N ROSES, which aired over the weekend it was revealed that CHINESE DEMOCRACY is now slated for a November 2004 release.

Looks like more and more poeple are gonna be expecting a new album this November!!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 02:56:23 PM by ChineseBedouins » Logged
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #321 on: July 08, 2004, 02:14:20 PM »

And the snowball begins its rapid roll down the mountain.. those vibrations you feel?  It means run like hell, because an avalanche is on its way.

My guess is alot more radio stations and the like begin to run with this.  Let's face it .. even to total non-fans, "Chinese Democracy" is like one of those museum exhibits that feature some horrid act / activity.  You're strangely drawn to the carnage of it all.

-darknemus
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 02:15:12 PM by darknemus » Logged

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2004, 03:03:16 PM »

I agree totally. Once this fuckin album hits shelves the media is gonna go nuts! and if they release two singles and videos at once like someone on this board suggested. It would be absolutely insane.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 03:11:05 PM by Neemo » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #323 on: July 08, 2004, 03:25:40 PM »

This was in the news section at Kerrang's website:

Perhaps galvanised into action by Slash's Velvet Revolver project, Axl Rose says his new  on-off/off Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy will be out in November. The  announcement was made during a Behind The Music TV special which aired on VH1 in the US this  weekend.

New entry for the list of suspects? Huh

VH1 (the producer of BTM Gnr special)says- gnr management and the record label

Kerrang's website says- Axl Rose
 confused Roll Eyes confused Roll Eyes confused
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2004, 03:35:54 PM »

I have spoken with the producer of the Behind The Music Gnr special, and according to them, the source of the November release date was 'gnr management and the record label'. Apparently, the VH1 people met with said parties in NY

Interesting eh. Who do you believe  hihi

I had a feeling that was exactly what you would get. This means one of two things:

1. Management thinks denying this is the best course of action at the moment.

2. Management has blown smoke up VH1's (and possibly Geffen's) ass(es).

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2004, 03:49:44 PM »

1. Management thinks denying this is the best course of action at the moment.

2. Management has blown smoke up VH1's (and possibly Geffen's) ass(es).
I wonder how Geffen ppl would comment about the November release date. (Has anyone ask them yet?)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #326 on: July 08, 2004, 03:59:17 PM »

Surprised nobody's mentioned it yet, but MTV's VMAs are late August/early September...if a November release is a go, not a bad time to debut/perform the first single, no?

Round two, anyone?   hihi

Sorry...you knew someone had to say it eventually.

peace

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
GNR-Rules
This space was intentionally left blank
Rocker

I used to live behind Tower Records on sunset!

« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2004, 04:27:29 PM »

Axl said he hopes to get a release date out in a few months. Doesn't mean he will. By November! come on guys were gonna have it by then. we won't go into 2005 without it i really would be surprised to see that.

Chinese Democracy Starts Right Now!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2004, 04:40:12 PM »

Holy mother of fuckin god son of a bitch motherfucking shit!

NOW there's something to really get our teeth into.

BTM announces November date supplied by management and/or label apparently. Management don't seem to be kicking up much of a fuss despite the news spreading like wildfire. I see a little bit of strategic appetite whetting going on, a little bit of clever build up. Something's coming.

beer

However skeptical you are, if you are ever gonna get excited, now's the time because to us this is like tossing a starving man a big mac coupon.

(Side note: 4 text here in the UK is carrying the story too)

@#$%Muther
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #329 on: July 08, 2004, 05:07:55 PM »

BTM announces November date supplied by management and/or label apparently. Management don't seem to be kicking up much of a fuss despite the news spreading like wildfire. I see a little bit of strategic appetite whetting going on, a little bit of clever build up. Something's coming.

The thing is, by also denying this rumor at the same time, management can cover its ass if the album isnt out in November ("We never said it was going to be! It was factions in the media making false claims!"'). It's a good strategy for them either way. But c'mon, something has to be planned as of now (subject to change, of course, as anything is). I seriously doubt the NY and LA branches of Sanctuary wouldnt be on the same page.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2004, 07:46:22 PM »

I don't know what to say. I think that this release date is as strong as any other we've had, which to say the least is quite weak. Axl can at any time melt down and this will go away. It's interesting to say the least but I think we need the official press release one way or another to really get happy. considering that axl's livelihood could be in jeopardy come august, the hermit could very well see the writing on the wall and retreat back into his shell.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #331 on: July 08, 2004, 09:10:05 PM »

Surprised nobody's mentioned it yet, but MTV's VMAs are late August/early September...if a November release is a go, not a bad time to debut/perform the first single, no?

Round two, anyone?   hihi

Now you had to go and say that. Smiley  

I have to say that it would be a perfect move.  It would be an opportunity to release this thing at the best possible moment for GNR.  A moment when the GNR name is already elevated by the release of the GH and Velvet Revolvers album release.  An opportunity to release their new single on August 24th and to perform it live at the VAMs on August 29th.   An opportunity to release in time for Christmas.  

We'll see.  My hopes won't get too high till I hear from Axl.  But I agree with the poster that said that this is the most solid release date rumor yet.  To specify an actual month that is only 4 months away in a VH1 documentary classifies as the most likely date we have yeard to date.

-TyRod-
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #332 on: July 08, 2004, 10:30:07 PM »

I guess that I'm one of the ".5 Percenters" because I am just uncomfortable with saying that this is the perfect time for a release.  The "perfect time(s)" have come and gone repeatedly, folks.  The previous post offered a potential scenario where a single is released early fall, performed on the VMA's, and the album is out in time for Christmas.  Where did I see a similar scenario play out?  Let me think.  Oh...I remember.  It was 2002.  Axl performed at the VMA's, showed the world a portion of a new single in that performance, and even added launching a tour to to even more "perfect" the time.  Last time I checked, CD wasn't sitting on my shelf since that "perfect" opportunity.

This isn't the "perfect" time, guys.  This is the "almost perfect" (or perhaps "less than perfect") time for CD to be released.

-B

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Informer4.0
« Reply #333 on: July 08, 2004, 10:37:46 PM »

I guess that I'm one of the ".5 Percenters" because I am just uncomfortable with saying that this is the perfect time for a release.  The "perfect time(s)" have come and gone repeatedly, folks.  The previous post offered a potential scenario where a single is released early fall, performed on the VMA's, and the album is out in time for Christmas.  Where did I see a similar scenario play out?  Let me think.  Oh...I remember.  It was 2002.  Axl performed at the VMA's, showed the world a portion of a new single in that performance, and even added launching a tour to to even more "perfect" the time.  Last time I checked, CD wasn't sitting on my shelf since that "perfect" opportunity.

This isn't the "perfect" time, guys.  This is the "almost perfect" (or perhaps "less than perfect") time for CD to be released.

-B

What? You don't have any info for us?

Why not go check your fax machine and get back to us..... Roll Eyes
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #334 on: July 08, 2004, 10:43:32 PM »

ha ha.  you really got me there.  i just got punk'd.   Roll Eyes

TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #335 on: July 08, 2004, 11:17:11 PM »

-B

In 2002 there was absolutely no buzz in the music world about GNR.  In 2004, the buzz around the name GNR is at its highest since 1994.  This year seems to me to be a better time to release the album than 2002 for that fact alone.  And this time he can actually release a single and video and album before touring (you know, doit right).

-TyRod-

p.s.  Danny, is it embarassing for you toknow that we all know that you are not bright?.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 11:19:03 PM by TyRod Tulip » Logged
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #336 on: July 08, 2004, 11:30:37 PM »

What buzz?  Seriously?  I'm not trying to start anything here...but what buzz?  The same shitty rock stations are playing the same 5 GNR songs just as often as they have been playing them for the past 6 or 7 years.  I really am trying to figure out where this buzz comes from that alot of you dudes seem to be imagining.  And please don't tell me some story about some middle aged drunk guy at a gas station wearing a tattered, thrift-store GNR shirt or how some guy went to a yard party and got drunk and started telling people he was going to open for GNR in August.  That is not buzz.

And I'm sure alot of you are waiting with baited breath for the BTM ratings to come out so that you can say, "See.  It did really well.  That means there's buzz".  In reality, all that's going to mean is that everything else that was on was really shitty...plus BTM generally gets good ratings, anyway.

-Danny

estranged.1098
« Reply #337 on: July 08, 2004, 11:47:50 PM »

When releasing an album like Chinese Democracy I don't think there's any need to worry on the perfect timing. I'm sure Axl has spent his time trying to make it the perfect album, and that's all the perfection we need  ok
Informer4.0
« Reply #338 on: July 09, 2004, 04:30:28 AM »

ha ha.  you really got me there.  i just got punk'd.   Roll Eyes

Just calling a spade a spade.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #339 on: July 09, 2004, 04:33:15 AM »

VH1's reaction to Managements comment is as follows;

"Bottom line: Axl didn't want the show to happen. They met with New York and said wait till November when our album comes out. Axl will play ball. It's all politics.

By denying the date after its announced, they simply want to discredit the show. For what it's worth, Stinson had also said it would come out by the end of the year"

Again, I print this just to give a balanced perspective of the situation.  peace
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: