Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:46:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640091 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #300 on: July 08, 2004, 02:22:19 AM »

i look at it this way

im almost numb from disappointment

so whats it gonna hurt for me to believe this? if november comes and goes, oh well, just another year closer to havin it

i mean its costing us absolutelynothing by believing in this and gettin excited

if it doesntcome out in nov im sure ill have a new RHCP or bon jovi release forthcoming to tie me over so its all good in my eyes!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: July 08, 2004, 10:20:26 AM »

VH1 doesn't release GN'R albums.

So until there's an announcement from Geffen/Uncle Axl, stay calm.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2004, 12:01:11 PM »

I have spoken with the producer of the Behind The Music Gnr special, and according to them, the source of the November release date was 'gnr management and the record label'. Apparently, the VH1 people met with said parties in NY

Interesting eh. Who do you believe  hihi

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2004, 12:07:34 PM »

hmmm... Who do u belive? Could GNR sue them for making false rumours?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2004, 12:07:51 PM »

very interesting.  very, very interesting.

Eeebs rumor report is looking more possible than i thought.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #305 on: July 08, 2004, 12:07:58 PM »

Thats great news...

Who do I believe? VH1

the idea that managemnet will not tell you their plans regarding CD makes more and more sense. SOrry bud. You do a great job in tracking peopel down and establishing contacts within the band but you basically are just one of us in the end.

Im still not going to get all excited over this because as we know nothing is set in stone. Until its out Ill believe it.

For now Ill go along with VH! and the Nov release. If we do not have any press releases by September and a single by oct then its not coming out this year. A few months away. Hopefully within that time we get a nice big press release stating that the album will be in our hands and also discuss the bands plans.

Till then Ill remain cautiously optimistic...

btw did you ask them about the alleged gnr management comments?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #306 on: July 08, 2004, 12:13:50 PM »

I have spoken with the producer of the Behind The Music Gnr special, and according to them, the source of the November release date was 'gnr management and the record label'. Apparently, the VH1 people met with said parties in NY

Mysteron, you realize this story is picking up some semi-serious legs now, don't you?  I've heard blurbs on XM radio - apparently its been mentioned on CNN radio, and just last night, a local radio station, WBGG (Big 105.9) mentioned the November thing like its a fact.

If you read my post on page 13 of this thread I basically lay out that, as of right now, about 99.5% of the people who have been exposed to the news and have any casual interest now believe a new GNR disc will be released in November, where about .5%, at best, don't (thanks to Management's strangely worded denial)

Now - separating yourself for a moment from the 'inside track' - don't you find it a bit.. odd that Sanctuary, Geffen, or even both aren't clamoring to put the kabosh on this thing, since it can only reflect poorly on them (from a PR standpoint) if it doesn't happen?  I mean, let's be honest - the denial itself had to be solicited.. and I'm certain that at least SOMEONE at Sanctuary watched the BTM during its first airing - which would make me think they'd be all over "wow, they shouldnt' have said that - we need to do some damage control" or whatever.

And now, we add the BTM Producer's comment to you.. the plot she does thicken, eh?

(btw, Mysteron - please don't take anything I wrote above as a slam Smiley - I'm not questioning you at all - simply pointing out how.. odd the whole situation is.)

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #307 on: July 08, 2004, 12:13:54 PM »

2 interesting! Thank you Mysteron again! Cheesy

Is it a faction Ms.Chang meant??
 There?s always internal strife in every party.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #308 on: July 08, 2004, 12:15:45 PM »

One thing to remember, though: Management is not = to the label.  Two different factions (who may very well have been in the same room in NYC).  I wonder who put forth the date...management, the label, or both?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #309 on: July 08, 2004, 12:18:54 PM »

Oh, one more quick thing.  Mysteron's comment lends a bit more credibility to the 2nd post on this thread over on Velvet Rope.

http://velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=476774&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=all

funny how management denies the release date, since it was management (along with the label) who gave the date to VH1 while the Guns BTM was in production.

Which just goes to prove that not every 1 or two post wonder who just registered on a message board is, neccessarily, a bogus loser Smiley

This whole thing is just.. well...you know what, its GNR.  More specifically, its Axl.  This is what its like to be 'Axl'ed' - they should call the world's biggest roller coaster with the most death defying terrifying drops, swings, loops, close-to-head-lop-off moves... "The Axl"

(and you know what?  the line would be around the block)

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
HappyJoyous&Free
Rocker

Fan since '88 and hope to meet Axl to share a smile.

« Reply #310 on: July 08, 2004, 12:24:44 PM »

This whole thing is just.. well...you know what, its GNR.  More specifically, its Axl.  This is what its like to be 'Axl'ed' - they should call the world's biggest roller coaster with the most death defying terrifying drops, swings, loops, close-to-head-lop-off moves... "The Axl"

(and you know what?  the line would be around the block)

-darknemus

rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl

Holy fuck that's true!!!

"Goin through life not collectin' anyone"
rose_axl168
Opening Act

And if i fall apart on the outside.....

« Reply #311 on: July 08, 2004, 12:31:07 PM »

Oh for f**k sake, I just want the bloody album now! i can't wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #312 on: July 08, 2004, 12:31:16 PM »

hmmm... Who do u belive? Could GNR sue them for making false rumours?

I don't know who to believe at the moment

I just thought I'd post VH1's response to give a more balanced perspective
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #313 on: July 08, 2004, 12:31:50 PM »

My theory, and it may have already been stated.  Is that VH-1 has heard from Geffen that the release date is going to be November 2004.  They are confident in that information to air that tidbit.  I doubt that they would air that, without having some information to back it up.  Just seems that there would be too many liability issues involved.

That being said, my guess is that is when Geffen is going to demand the album or drop Axl.  Hasn't Axl been given and advance of like over $40 million or so for this album. (maybe less maybe more but I know the advance was a very large amount).  Geffen is probably wanting some return from their investment.

They've already went against Axl's and Slashes wishes, and released the Greatest Hits disc.  So That right there tells you that they don't give a rats ass what Axl thinks.  

If you go with that line of thinking, (and I'm being hypothetical) then you could say that Geffen will not let Axl release the Album.  They own the rights to the album hence for the advance in monies.   At the very least they will not let Axl release the album till he repays the advance.  I would say they have their ducts in a row over this lawyers and all.   This kind of stuff happens in the music industry all the time.  Just ask Stevie Nicks,  Prince, and Kittie, and various other muscians.

The record companies are not idiots, and they don't give out large advances without having some way to recoupe their losses.

As I said I'm only speculating, I don't claim to know anyone in the music industry,  or anything like that.    

Just saying don't be surprised that if the album doesn't come out in November, expect some bad news coming from the GNR camp.

VH-1 didnt' pull November 2004 out of their ass.  They can be held liable for spouting off info like that without some way of backing it up.

Enjoy....  Chinese Democracy Starts Now   ... 2000

nope   2001

sorry  2002

Its coming   2003

November 2004

House of Blues  2005??

RIR  2006?

Ozzfest 2007?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #314 on: July 08, 2004, 12:33:51 PM »

Thats great news...

Who do I believe? VH1

the idea that managemnet will not tell you their plans regarding CD makes more and more sense. SOrry bud. You do a great job in tracking peopel down and establishing contacts within the band but you basically are just one of us in the end.

Im still not going to get all excited over this because as we know nothing is set in stone. Until its out Ill believe it.

For now Ill go along with VH! and the Nov release. If we do not have any press releases by September and a single by oct then its not coming out this year. A few months away. Hopefully within that time we get a nice big press release stating that the album will be in our hands and also discuss the bands plans.

Till then Ill remain cautiously optimistic...

btw did you ask them about the alleged gnr management comments?

I am 'one of you', yes, and I've explained it a dozen times before  hihi

And yes, their comments regarding management's response have been requested too...and vice versa
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #315 on: July 08, 2004, 12:36:38 PM »

Mysteron, you realize this story is picking up some semi-serious legs now, don't you?  I've heard blurbs on XM radio - apparently its been mentioned on CNN radio, and just last night, a local radio station, WBGG (Big 105.9) mentioned the November thing like its a fact.

If you read my post on page 13 of this thread I basically lay out that, as of right now, about 99.5% of the people who have been exposed to the news and have any casual interest now believe a new GNR disc will be released in November, where about .5%, at best, don't (thanks to Management's strangely worded denial)

Now - separating yourself for a moment from the 'inside track' - don't you find it a bit.. odd that Sanctuary, Geffen, or even both aren't clamoring to put the kabosh on this thing, since it can only reflect poorly on them (from a PR standpoint) if it doesn't happen?  I mean, let's be honest - the denial itself had to be solicited.. and I'm certain that at least SOMEONE at Sanctuary watched the BTM during its first airing - which would make me think they'd be all over "wow, they shouldnt' have said that - we need to do some damage control" or whatever.

And now, we add the BTM Producer's comment to you.. the plot she does thicken, eh?

(btw, Mysteron - please don't take anything I wrote above as a slam Smiley - I'm not questioning you at all - simply pointing out how.. odd the whole situation is.)

-darknemus

The story has gained a bit of press coverage. It's not yet hit AP or Reuters yet though
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #316 on: July 08, 2004, 12:48:16 PM »

-darknemus

The story has gained a bit of press coverage. It's not yet hit AP or Reuters yet though

To be entirely fair....album release dates don't, usually.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2004, 12:50:54 PM »

This is really weird. I'm getting excited, but I really dont know who to believe. I am leaning towards VH1 though b/c they have no reason to lie or start rumours, but managment does have a reason to lie b/c they dont wont the whole roof to blow open, giving away their plan prematurely. Here's to hoping for the best!!!  beer

Come on Axl, its time!!! drool
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #318 on: July 08, 2004, 01:05:58 PM »

Well, all this makes me think maybe it's really slated to come out in November, and maybe , yes, management/record label  was the source to VH1.

BUT, there's also a hype to be built (which has been growing lately), and perhaps, as I see it, if management's response to Mysteron would have been "Yes, the album is definetely coming out in November", which I think they would never do 'cause, c'mon, do you honestly think that they'd tell YOU? It's Chinese Democracy man. no offense, but I mean, it's the biggest comeback in rock n' roll history perhaps, and they ain't gonna blow it. They would  if they'd tell us now, for sure, it would kill the hype, it would calm the whole thing down.

So.... they deny it, and on the side, we keep hearing form all these different sources and radio stations that it is comin', imagine the hype next month, or in 2 months, KILLER. Add real promotion now, and there it is, that's a clever way to go.

My 2 cents.

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2004, 01:36:15 PM »

Great Points Fucker!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: