Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640107 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #280 on: July 07, 2004, 02:10:14 PM »

Lets reastablish where we are right now with this aiight?

We have our boy Mysteron reporting that GNR has OFFICIALLY denied this rumor that VH1 started.

Sorry, but I don't agree with your reasoning here. There is nothing "official" about Mysteron's conversation with GN'R management other than that the conversation "officially" took place (if we trust, and I for one do, Mysteron's word). But there's a difference between management (or whoever) answering Mysteron's question with a denial and management making a public and official statement denying these rumors. I'm sure Mysteron was, in fact, given this answer to his question about the release date. However, my point is that Mysteron was told the same thing another poster (again, I forget who it was) was told almost verbatim and that leads me to assume that unless Mysteron is even more of a VIP than we realize, he's going to get the same response that we, the fans, would get.

Basically we don't know if Mysteron would be told or trusted with any official announcement from management other than a "denial."

Follow me?

So, if that's the case, I reiterate...perhaps these multiple sources that are all pointing to November (granted, a few have just rehashed the BTM report) are onto something here and management will continue to deny this on an unoffical, inquirey by inquirey level in order to maintain the surprise of their big announcement.

If not, why wouldn't they just make a press release denying all of these rumors? Although we've had many rumors in the past (and some that have come from multiple sources), you've got to admit that the November release rumor is one of the strongest ones we've had in a long, long time. Unless GN'R have something up there sleeve, I would think they would squash this rumor fast in order to not anger the few fans that are left.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #281 on: July 07, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

Well, MADISON from MYGNR.COM seams to have contact with Axl?s manager too... just ask her if she can get in touch with him once again and if he?ll say the same thing to her.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #282 on: July 07, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

madison,mysteron, blah blah blah blah

listen to this point i am about to make

axl obviously has the biggest gag order this side of the Kobe bryant rape trial

no one has leaked any of axl's information but shit has leaked from kobe's case
this being said i highly doubt that bandmembers families even know whats goin on, id almost go out on a limb and say that the bandmembers havent even told their spouses

does anyone think for one microsecond that management would tell mysteron,madison or whoever inside secret information? i for one do not!

the gag order im sure goes for management *since they work for axl, axl doesnt work for them remind u at least thats my opinion, so seeing how someone got the exact same response, i dont doubt that mysteron doesnt email sanctuary the same way everyone else does

it cracks me up how a noteworthy integrity filled super cable company can report something and people are skeptical, but a poster on a message board says something and they take it as the gospel

if CD isnt released in november i wont be shocked but right now i refuse to be negative cause i feel at the present moment, more point to november being valid than otherwise
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 03:10:48 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #283 on: July 07, 2004, 03:12:44 PM »

Listen, my point is this. Anyone who has been following this story since its conception, has been given very reliable rumors of a release time before. Many many many times before. And they have not come to pass.

I am dying to get this album as much as any of you (well, I would like to think the rest of you want this as bad as I do). But I have seen this before, and have set myself up, and got so excited because of some source that was "so reliable."

I hope to shit its out this year. November sounds as good to me as any. But, I have seen this picture before. I have been down this path. And so have most of you.

Don't trip because VH f'n 1 said it. Maybe Mysteron was given a false notion that GNR has denied it. But I would certaintly buy that over VH1 because its what GNR Management has been saying for years whenever a credible source has made such a statement about CD's release.

And you know this to be true. Just put this whole thing in perspective. We still don't know shit, because no one has told us a thing.

If MTV, Amazon, CNN, and Rolling Stone, was wrong about its release in the past, then certaintly VH1 is more likely wrong to. You have to first eliminate all the possibilities before you have your most logical answer. And right now, the most obvious answer, is that VH1 is wrong.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #284 on: July 07, 2004, 04:06:33 PM »

Oh Man, that is classic  Grin

The only question is how long and how big this thing grows until it's shot down...or confirmed. One whould assume that IF it's UNTRUE, then talk will die off and November will come and go. If it's TRUE, then you'd think that the promotion machine would have to kick up around late Sept. early Oct. at the very latest, to get ads and a single out. Time will tell. Oh, on the Red Sox thing, (and I'm a HUGE BoSOx fan), expect CD first  drool
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 04:08:20 PM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
DemocracyRose
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2004, 05:04:49 PM »

I respect Mysteron...

But, i remember back in late march, when Mysteron was talking about Rock Am Ring and there was a free space for a headliner or something like that. I believed that it was for GNR.... And then BAAAAMMM.... GNR cancel Rio4....
So maybe there is a chance for a November release....
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2004, 05:18:40 PM »

There's also a chance that we, in one day, could find ourselves in a new ice age. Hurricanes will rip through southern cali and New York will be underwater. There's a chance a ship can sail right through times square and wolves can board it. Americans will flea into Mexico and become illegal aliens there.

Wait... this sounds familiar doesnt it? I think I heard this story before...

but fuck it...there's a chance this could happen.

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2004, 05:53:09 PM »

no one has leaked any of axl's information.

I totally agree with this. The amount of secrecy surrounding this project is legendary. How many producers, engineers and musicians have been in that studio the past 6 years? Several! And not one demo has been leaked. No official track titles have been released (other than what's been played live and the now ancient rolling stone interview). In the era of the internet and mass communication, this is astonishing.

Management was told to give a standard response to anyone who asks about the release date. It means nothing more than that.
I am hoping November. I only say this because record labels don't release big albums during DEC, JAN or FEB usually. If it's not OCT/NOV it's March/April at the earliest. I don't think Axl or the band can sustain many more delays before everything falls apart. Even the most ardent fans are going to get fed up eventually, and his most loyal bandmates or representatives may do the same.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2004, 05:57:21 PM »

i have a great example of why mass media outlets arent reporting this

they are tired of axl they are tired of gnr and they  like us arent pullin the trigger on any stories unless their is something huge to report

Dennis Rodman world famous basketball player but also very controversial announced on national televisions "the view" that he is coming back to the NBA and it will be announced july 14th

guess what that wasnt covered on ESPN,foxsportsnet, wasnt in any newspapers, wasnt on msnbc.com nba.com

and that is a pretty big announcement, i think most people dont believe he will actually be resigned, same with Chinese Democracy

stations are tired of reporting about it, until axl is absolutely goin to release it and do press, then they will talk about it

same with rodman if he does actually sign with a team july 14th im sure it will be all over the news!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 06:13:28 PM by D » Logged

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #289 on: July 07, 2004, 06:22:38 PM »

If this were 99 Rodman's news would of been news, but really who wants a 6'8" 43 year old power foward who cant score?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #290 on: July 07, 2004, 06:55:47 PM »

If this were 99 Rodman's news would of been news, but really who wants a 6'8" 43 year old power foward who cant score?

The Lakers

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #291 on: July 07, 2004, 11:20:58 PM »

Besides all the other failed comebacks he has tried. He isnt commited anymore. A few years back with the BULLS, he skipped practice for the NBA Finals games to go and hang out with Hulk Hogan. NO ONE WANTS RODMAN. I'm a Detroit Fan and loved him back in his prime, but after he went "Hollywood" he hasnt been commited and no its too late for him.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #292 on: July 07, 2004, 11:38:33 PM »

Rodman has been sober for almost a year he is in outstanding shape he led the long beach jam to the aba championship
he doesnt have to score to take over a game he is one of the greatest defenders and rebounders of all time and he can outsmart anyone, he picked up the triangle offense quicker than micheal jordan

he is still a celebrity

im just sayin no one is believing chinese democracy is comin out due to the cryin wolf syndrome

but once axl comes out in a month or two and releases it publicly, it will be everywhere

VH1 have never been wrong on a behind the music thing

never!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 11:39:37 PM by D » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #293 on: July 07, 2004, 11:42:38 PM »

is there any way we can find out from VH1 where they got the release date and what there thoughts are on the supposed managment comments.

All we need to know is where vh1 got their info from. That will answer many questions. So all you detectives out there go and find out....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #294 on: July 07, 2004, 11:44:39 PM »

The Lakers

Maybe Phil Jackson's Lakers but not the current one's

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #295 on: July 08, 2004, 12:40:30 AM »

Isn't it a lot easier to take management for their word? Besides the band theirselves, who else would know more than they do? Sure, they could be denying it so any possible plans don't leak, but as of now there is absolutely no indication that is the case. I would rather take them for their word and be shocked then disregard everything they say and be disappointed yet again. Besides, how many times have we been down this road before?

I know some of you think this has to be legit because it came from VH1, but it really means nothing. I'm sure VH1 didn't pull this date out of thin air. They probably even heard it from the source who they believed to be legit, but we don't know who that source is. For all we know that source could have been Dizzy or Tommy.  hihi I say that in a half-jokingly manner, but what I mean is that if the band members theirselves have given us release dates that never panned out, then what makes you think that VH1 is going to be any different?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #296 on: July 08, 2004, 01:19:27 AM »

the only problem i have with that theory acquiesce is just the firm way vh1 stated it

they didnt state it in speculative fashion that stated it as fact

finally slated for release sounds like a pretty definite thing

doesnt sound rumored or made up

im sure other behind the musics they've had of bands theyve announced certain things as factual

i mean they didnt make up a date for a new any other long in the works group cd

point is they are an unbiased media outlet, they have nothing to gain from tryin to break the gnr scoop and by starting rumors

if sanctuary had told VH1 what they told mysteron VH1 wouldve said

axl rose's long awaited chinese democracy still doesnt have a release date as of this publication or something

they wouldnt have inserted some bullshit just for rumor sake
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 01:20:20 AM by D » Logged

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #297 on: July 08, 2004, 01:35:22 AM »

I believe they have a source they feel is legit and trusted them enough to go ahead and make the announcent. However, I don't believe that their source is any more legit than Dizzy or Tommy who have given us release dates in the past that never panned out. If band members have gotten it wrong, then VH1  can get it wrong. What makes it different this time?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #298 on: July 08, 2004, 02:03:42 AM »

it can be wrong

im just sayin i think its crazy to disreguard vh1 just because management answered a fans email with the response they gave

there is no way they are gonna tell anyone till the time is right anyway

u think axl has bottled cd up this long and its been this tight lipped for some dude on a message board to break the news

no fuckin way!

will we get CD in nov? i wouldnt bet on it but i do believe that is a target goal as of july 2004, whether it will be met or not is an all together different story but i believe VH1 is accurate that CD is slated for nov release

that being said it mayhave been slated for a nov release for the last 4 years
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 02:04:13 AM by D » Logged

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #299 on: July 08, 2004, 02:11:34 AM »

will we get CD in nov? i wouldnt bet on it but i do believe that is a target goal as of july 2004, whether it will be met or not is an all together different story but i believe VH1 is accurate that CD is slated for nov release

D, stop it, you're making my optmisim rise nooooooo:confused:! Geffen wants this out by the end of the year. I have almost no doubt now. And I think this time they will force the issue if they don't get it, maybe that's what theyre doing if they are the 'leak.' It'll be interesting to see wtf is up with this supposed 'announcment' that Eeebs heard about forthcoming on the radio. Fuck, this is unreal...at the very least, it's the most infatuating rumor we've had to chew on in a long while.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 02:13:13 AM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: