Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640051 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2004, 10:36:19 AM »

By spreading and thus being read by more people, and being reported on another continent by an unconnected news service, and containing more than just the direct VH1 quote, the rumor has grown. Unless you've got something useful, insightful, interesting or informative to add, why don't you shut up and stop being a tool.

I posted something I thought may possibly be of interest to the GNR community. Just like someone else posted that it had been mentioned on CNN. Maybe it isn't interesting to you, but don't patronise me or argue petty semantics because I try to post something relevant to the group.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 10:41:02 AM by fixintodie » Logged
DJM
Headliner

Axl Rose is GOD!

« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2004, 11:06:16 AM »

I wish management & the band when the think the album is coming out.

like the tide out on the ocean
the wave's already set in motion
the only one in the game who's lost is you!
fixintodie
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2004, 11:13:55 AM »

I wish management & the band when the think the album is coming out.

Wha?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2004, 11:49:56 AM »

But Kujo is right man.

You see, we have had all this and a bag of chips just a couple years ago. And then nothing. MTV had an article with a set release of a March time. We had a Best Buy flyer with it, with Amazon on the bandwagon. For sure it was that December. And then nothing.

Its cool you are excited but for the rest of us who have been in this game from a decades past, have seen all this before. And then nothing.

I didnt take what Kujo said as patronizing to you. He is just talking from experience. And this site, and what VH1 has said don't mean shit, until we get the official word.

We have had these dead years (fuck I hate that expression), with GNR, even though rumors popped up about CD's release from very credible sources (cnn, MTV, Amazon, and Rolling Stone), but have seen nothing released. These have never come to pass. And sadly, this appears to be yet another dead year for GNR. Thats just reality. What VH1 has said doesnt mean shit until we hear it from the horses mouth, and even then...well...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
fixintodie
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2004, 11:53:43 AM »

I've been a GN'R fan since Appetite. I'm not excited in the least about this, because like you said, it doesn't mean shit. But all these reports do put pressure on the management and Axl to deny (or god forbid, confirm) them. And with that would almost certainly come a status update on the cd - which I would be excited about.
kujo722
« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2004, 11:58:29 AM »

Unless you've got something useful, insightful, interesting or informative to add, why don't you shut up and stop being a tool.

Why dont you take your own advice.

All you did was post a link to an article that lists numerous rumors that we have known for quite a long time. I didnt exactly see anything "useful, insightful, interesting or informative" in your post either.

If you are going to post a thread prepare to get some negative feedback, although I meant nothing personal towards you, just the article. Dont be so damn sensitive
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2004, 11:59:06 AM »

...or are they just tying to keep it all in low profile until "the big announcement?"

The reason I ask is because of the many, many "sources" claiming Chinese Democracy will be out in November (both before and after the BTM blurb). Although Mysteron and another poster claim to have received "confirmation" from "GN'R  management," there has been no official announcement from the GN'R camp as to which side of the fence this rumor lies.

Even the wording of both denial's from "management" in regards to Mysteron's and the other poster's (sorry, forgot who posted it) questioning leads me to believe that an official "inside" announcement might have taken place within Universal/Interscope to respond to any and all inquiries in this uniform way until management or the band make the official anouncement.

Anyone else thinking this might be the case?

...if you don't, simple then, don't respond...we've already heard enough pessimism on these boards.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 12:00:52 PM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
kujo722
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2004, 12:01:22 PM »

I've been a GN'R fan since Appetite. I'm not excited in the least about this, because like you said, it doesn't mean shit. But all these reports do put pressure on the management and Axl to deny (or god forbid, confirm) them. And with that would almost certainly come a status update on the cd - which I would be excited about.

All this rumor is, is something else that Axl is going to be blamed for if it doesnt happen even though it never came from his mouth.
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #268 on: July 07, 2004, 12:01:50 PM »

Rumor or not, it's growing.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
kujo722
« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2004, 12:06:54 PM »

Rumor or not, it's growing.

OK maybe I looked at this the wrong way when fixintodie started the thread. Is the rumor spreading? Yes it is. But its still the same rumor. If anything sit back and use this as a learnng experience. Watch how many "legitimate" news sources take a totally unconfirmed story and just run with it and repeat it just so in case something does happen, they can say "As we reported back in......."

peace
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2004, 12:14:18 PM »

"Songs rumoured to appear on the new record include ?Cock-A-Roach Soup?, ?This I Love?, ?Suckerpunched?, ?No Love Remains?, ?Friend Or Foe?, ?Zip It?, ?Something Always?, ?Hearts Always Get Killed?, ?This Life?, ?Closing In On You?, ?Catcher In The Rye?, ?IRS?, ?Strange Disease?, ?Never Had It?, ?Today, Tomorrow, Forever? and our personal favourite ?TWAT?.

WTF ?!?!

They heard?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2004, 12:19:25 PM »

No, that's because they like the name of the song! Grin

Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2004, 12:26:14 PM »

I feel compelled to respond, although I don't think that might be the only case (regarding past experiences with rumours like these).
Anyway, I think it is ALSO possible for management to deliver something along these lines via GNRONLINE.COM: "No release date for the album has yet been settled. Stay tuned, news to come soon."
And people will get all excited again 'cause news are to come "soon". This never gets old.

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2004, 12:27:26 PM »

No, that's because they like the name of the song! Grin

Sarcasm?

madagas
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2004, 12:30:31 PM »

Will and Jarmo, there is at least 5 different threads now on the release date thing and managements statement. Why not just make one permanent thread which discusses anything to do with release date rumors and articles and management denials etc. ??
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2004, 01:01:44 PM »

Lets reastablish where we are right now with this aiight?

We have VH1 saying CD is set for release in 2004.

We have some other whoever the fucktheyare using VH1 as a source.

We have our boy Mysteron reporting that GNR has OFFICIALLY denied this rumor that VH1 started.

So where does this leave us? Right back where we were last week.

Really...what else is there to discuss on this?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
swosh26
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2004, 01:20:50 PM »

No offence to this mysteron dude. But hes been wrong before and i dont think id take what he says to "offically"
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #277 on: July 07, 2004, 01:49:28 PM »

No offence to this mysteron dude. But hes been wrong before and i dont think id take what he says to "offically"

Isn't this grand? We have this release date pushed out through VH1 and then 1 guy makes everyone think it's crap, sorry, I'm going with EXACTLY what swosh26 said. I mean Chinese Democracy is bound to be released soon right guys? (Yeah) Other then that VH1 is the most reliable source yet with Axl ROse himself saying back in Febuary I think that hopefully an release date will be announced within the next few months. That had to be it. November 2004 is long enough and From Febuary to July, that is about 4 solid months, that is a "few months". Mysteron doesn't have me thinking anything, I believe it will be out around November probably in NOvember.

Well people... like If I just popped up and shot my mouth off no one would care would they? I don't think so... peace

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #278 on: July 07, 2004, 01:50:03 PM »

there were 16 tracks listed but none include the 5 we've already heard. (Not that we can trust that list)

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #279 on: July 07, 2004, 01:50:32 PM »

I'd say, given the response recieved by the other poster (which was, pretty much verbatim what Mysteron said) that we can believe that management has denied the rumor.  Now, you can debate whether their denial is true or not....but I think we have to, at this point, certainly accept that the denial has taken place.

In other words, Mysteron, in this case, can't be wrong.  He can only be misinformed.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: