Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:20:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640031 times)
GnRNightrain
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2004, 10:08:04 PM »

If there is one thing Ive learned over the years, dont cross your fingers when you hear about release dates.

As far as Im concerned this thing will never come out.  If it was going to, I think we would have heard it 2 years ago.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2004, 10:23:25 PM »

November or not , just keep Bucketheads parts on the album!

beer

btw.. anyone have CCOH?

/quit

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2004, 10:50:26 PM »

i lost alot of faith in mysteron with those street teams

how many people formed those things and for what?

its easy predicting GNR cause if u are right everyone will think u are God but if u are wrong it was axl delaying, oh well its GNR shit happens

i believe VH1 at this point over anyone

and like people have said they arent gonna confirm something that big thru an email, they will deny it till axl has a press release

i liked the sports argument, trades are denied like hell and end up happening so i believe vh1 cause they sounded pretty fuckin confident
they didnt say alleged released or slated for release or is hopefully comin

they said "finally" finally means 100 percent no doubt

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2004, 11:01:26 PM »

Notice how no credible news organizations have jumped on these November release rumors?

I don't even think VH1 has posted anything on their website for cryin out loud...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2004, 11:18:42 PM »

Its like normal around here.....certain people grasp for any glimmer of hope until said date comes and goes for the umpteenth time and then the excuses start flying about how Axl just isn't ready. If the November rumor were true, it would have shown up in other media outlets already as said. I think they were just acting on some rumblings they have heard. No one is going to think any less of them if their wrong.

It just dawned on me and I think has been said......Why if there was little or no input cooperation from New GNR on the project would they give them something as big as a release date and not say another word about it. I think some people want news so bad they are doing the best they can to convince themself that this is really it even though logic says the management company had no contact with VH1.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2004, 11:19:28 PM »

And about the post claiming mysteron is a regular guy who get's his info just like us. The verbatum probably tells us that he has some sort of close  contact with management. Think about it, he gave us those quotes from management on a holiday when nobody was working, and on the next working day, someone get's an e-mail with almost the same thing. That tells you that mysteron knows someone in management, but that person didn't want to give him too much info, so he gave him the template of what employee's like tina chang should say if they get e-mails concerning the matter.

So, you know this as fact, huh??

I never said anything about this being fact. I just gave the reasons why I thought he was telling the truth. Although I am sometimes skeptical of mysteron, just because you have to be with anything gn'r. He's been right more than anyone on this board has ever been. He
has alot more credibility than bigbadbillyrose.

And how does finally mean that vh1 is definitely telling the truth? Finally means that after a long time, something is finally happening. But if that something is made up or not entirely true, than it's not as assuring a word as absolutely or guaranteed.

And i believe mysteron was acting on good intentions and he thought that something was going to happen and that's why he organized the street team, It's not like anything with gn'r is 100 percent, we all know that from experience. i want to believe vh1 too, but i can no longer keep wearing my rose-tinted glasses and be in denial. The only time I will ever believe cd is going to be released is when i see it in record stores. Because it's came pretty close before, like a couple of years ago when they even had a date for when a single was going to be released only to have nothing happen.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 11:26:53 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2004, 11:38:37 PM »

Prime example of the Sports theory:

Bob Clarke denied a report by The Sporting News that the Flyers had signed R.J. Umberger, a 2001 Vancouver first-round pick who became a free agent at the end of the season.

Umberger, a center who played 3 years at Ohio State, left school last summer with the intention of signing with the Canucks. He did not reach a deal with Vancouver and sat the season. At the March trade deadline, Vancouver sent his rights to the New York Rangers. But when the Rangers did not sign him by June 1, Umberger became an unrestricted free agent.

The Rangers received a compensatory second-round pick for allowing Umberger to become an unrestricted free agent.

TSN reported that a number of teams were interested in Umberger, but that he whittled his choices down to the Flyers and Toronto. The publication said his deal was for the rookie salary cap, which covers a base figure and signing bonus, plus a bonus schedule that could bring his total compensation to about $1.5 million annually.

2 days later:

R.J. Umberger, a former first round pick by the Vancouver Canucks, has signed as a free agent with the Philadelphia Flyers, TSN has learned.

Umberger, a centre who played three years at Ohio State University, left school last summer with the aim of turning pro with the Canucks. But when he couldn't come to terms on a contract with Vancouver, he ended up not playing last season.

At the trade deadline, Vancouver traded his rights to the New York Rangers. When the Rangers did not sign him by June 1, Umberger became an unrestricted free agent. The Rangers received a compensatory second round pick for allowing Umberger to go to unrestricted free agency.

Sources say a number of teams were interested in Umberger and that he whittled his choices down to Philadelphia and Toronto, ultimately deciding to sign with the Flyers. Sources say Umberger will receive the rookie salary cap, which covers salary and signing bonus, plus a bonus schedule that could bring his total compensation to about $1.5 million annually if he were to max out on the bonuses.

A formal announcement is expected by the Flyers on Tuesday
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 11:40:36 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2004, 11:43:40 PM »

mind you - that proves nothing - except that official statements can come after the rumblings...... it probably proves nothing in the case of Axl

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #248 on: July 06, 2004, 11:48:26 PM »

Notice how no credible news organizations have jumped on these November release rumors?

I don't even think VH1 has posted anything on their website for cryin out loud...

Unfortunately GNR isn't groundbreaking news anymore.....

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #249 on: July 06, 2004, 11:49:18 PM »

I tend to agree with you at this point, though I do think VH1 might have gotten their info from Geffen/Interscope, instead of Sanctuary.  But, apparently, CNN Radio did report that the album is coming out in November as well.  Not that I believe CNN, they've been wrong about plenty of things before, but it's worth noting, because I think they're slightly more credible than VH1.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
SlashFan
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2004, 12:35:38 AM »

I thought this was funny,seems to be true tho.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2004, 12:50:11 AM »

My theory is that Universal/ Geffen/ Interscope does want the album to be released in november and will probably "force" the release when the time comes (unless GN'R willingly release the album themselves). That could explain the management's reaction. They also said "Buckethead had a contract" but a few weeks later Axl himself announced he had indeed left the band.

GN'R's management motto is: "Deny everything".

Wow...is that an echo I hear Wink ? Seriously, it really wouldn't or shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if Geffen really is trying to force this issue. They've waited 10 years, and millions of dollars for this thing to happen. They see what is going on with the renewed interest created by VR and GH. They stuck by quite awhile before really getting this p.o'd. Now if Axl has legitimate legal issues holding this up, then it's understandable why he may not want this out,. But if the aren't that important or are easily resolved, the Geffen has every right to push to get this thing out by the end of the year. If this theory is true, i'm glad someone is concerned with striking while the iron is hot, even if it isnt Axl.  

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2004, 12:52:29 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November or not , just keep Bucketheads parts on the album!
Amen to that... beer

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2004, 01:11:18 AM »

I really don't care who plays guitar on the album as long as it is good.  Wink and its in my hands

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2004, 01:15:16 AM »

I would like to see al the guitarist axl's worked with on the album, I'm sure he has stuff from Navarro, Slash, May, Buckethead, and others who he could fit in.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2004, 07:48:23 AM »

The fact is none of us know shit.  However, if we did know a monticum of information about anything regarding GNR  this board would not be as fun to check.  I mean we really know nothing.  I have been checking the internet regarding this album since I was 19.  I just turned 27.  This is getting to proportions of the Redsox choking every year.  I am not sure which I will see first Chinese Democracy or my beloved Red Sox win the World Series.  Anyone willing to wager!  I say Chinese Democracy.  

Ritz Reeves III
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2004, 09:00:05 AM »

Why haven't they "officially" denied this release date. A few million people watched BTM, there is maybe a 10,000 person population of GnR Message board members. Mysteron told 10,000 out of 2 million people...... lets do the math.......thats .5%.........so 99.5% of people who watched the BTM think that Guns N' Roses are releasing Chinese Democracy in November of this year. Why don't they issue a statement???

Secondly, RitzWalker........... can't I get some sort of assylum from the nightmare that is my hometown team. I leave the 1/4 century of constant disapointment in a sports franchise to languish in a decade of disapointment in a band......... Why do I have to have both in the same subject?? I have to put up with Axl the headcase and Nomar the headcase......... What did I do to deserve this?Huh??
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2004, 09:51:05 AM »

Why haven't they "officially" denied this release date. A few million people watched BTM, there is maybe a 10,000 person population of GnR Message board members. Mysteron told 10,000 out of 2 million people...... lets do the math.......thats .5%.........so 99.5% of people who watched the BTM think that Guns N' Roses are releasing Chinese Democracy in November of this year. Why don't they issue a statement???

Smiley - This sounds suspiciously like a conversation you and I had yesterday.  I fully agree with you, by the way.  I spent a bit of this morning & last night doing some research on how 'far' this info has gotten so far.  Here's what I've been able to dig up so far (and yes, they all appear to have garnered their info from the VH1 BTM airing)

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=30456 - Guns N' Roses For November Release?

http://www.antimusic.com/news/04/july/item12.shtml - Guns N ? Roses Release Date For Chinese Democracy Set ?

There's also a mention on Blabbermouth, and apparently CNN radio aired a quick blurb about a November release, as well.

Then we have this Velvet Rope thread here: http://velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=476774&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1&vc=1 - the interesting part in that one is the 2nd post (and 4th post) down.. this quote
"funny how management denies the release date, since it was management (along with the label) who gave the date to VH1 while the Guns BTM was in production. "

Yes, the person's a two post wonder and appears to be a new registrant there - so take it with the always useful grain of salt..but, in Velvet Rope's defense, they do seem to attract less 'trolls' than some other message boards.

The thing is - you now have 3 websites running with the story, at least one 'major' news outlet (CNN), and of course the originator of the story, VH1.  And yet, in order to get a denial (which is the oddest worded denial I've ever read in my life.. its written archaic, at best - and strikes me as almost a double negative, its just 'weird') someone has to solicit it from Sanctuary.  Seriously, read this reply closely..

We have not scheduled the album for release yet and any reports to the
contrary are simply attempts by factions of the media to lend
credibility to their false reports.

Break the thing down - "factions of the media" - it sounds more like a political press release than it does something from a hip record company.  "lend credibility to their false reports" - can someone tell me what "false report" a "CD is coming out in November" statement is lending credibility to?  I swear, that last 1/2 of the statement doesn't seem to make logical sense.  In some ways, it could almost be construed as a double negative.

Now, again - it could be just the way Tina writes or whatever.. who knows.. but I swear, that sounds like Jack Ryan's denial that he wanted to bang Jeri Lynn Ryan in public.  The wording just SCREAMS subtrafuge.. at least to my admittedly skeptical eyes.

So, like C0ma said - you've got 99.5% of the remotely interested types currently thinking there will be a release in November, and .5% of us or so who were told differently.  As more 'mainstream' news organizations pick this up, the percentages will rise and drop, respectively.  

So, ask yourself the honest question - is Sanctuary's "denial" a real denial?  Or is the whole thing just some cleverly timed and effective 'Guerilla Marketing' campaign kicking into full swing.

Sometimes I think that, if Axl really IS the mastermind behind all of this - then we really are all just pawns in this big old game of Chess.  Then again, so are Geffen and Sanctuary.  A book could be written about this 10+ year period, and I bet it wouldn't even scratch the surface of what's REALLY gone on / going on.

Of course, Geffen could do a big old press release later on this morning saying "No CD in November" and all of my thinking above could collapse.. but, as has been speculated above (and by me in the past, many times) - I think Geffen's primary interest is getting the disc out there, regardless.

-darknemus

(edited because I'm a dolt and don't know how to use quote tags correctly Smiley  )
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 09:53:58 AM by darknemus » Logged

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
fixintodie
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »

Check it out:

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=30456

Never heard the airfield thing before...
kujo722
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2004, 10:30:46 AM »

No, the rumor does not grow.

All they are doing is repeating what was on VH1, they even state that as their source. This is nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: