Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 640015 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2004, 12:13:40 PM »

I got this response from Tina Chang of Sanctuary, which seems almost verbatim what Mysteron got:

Dear Ali,

We have not scheduled the album for release yet and any reports to the
contrary are simply attempts by factions of the media to lend
credibility to their false reports.

Regards,
Tina Chang
Sanctuary Group Inc.
My original message was this:

Hi Ms. Chang,

During the Guns N' Roses episode of Behind the Music,
which just premiered this weekend, it was reported
that the new GN'R album, "Chinese Democracy", is
slated for release in November 2004.  Could you
comment on whether or not there is any validity to
this statement by VH1?  I am merely a long time fan of
GN'R who is curious whether or not there is any truth
to the VH1 statement.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Ali Ghezelbash

Ali
Crowebar
« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2004, 12:24:03 PM »

Well, I think it's a bunch of bullshit ma'-self. [puke]
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #222 on: July 06, 2004, 12:47:09 PM »

My theory is that Universal/ Geffen/ Interscope does want the album to be released in november and will probably "force" the release when the time comes (unless GN'R willingly release the album themselves). That could explain the management's reaction. They also said "Buckethead had a contract" but a few weeks later Axl himself announced he had indeed left the band.

GN'R's management motto is: "Deny everything".

That's a really good theory.  That would actually explain everything, and fits with what's been going on with Geffen and Gn'R in the past.  I don't want Axl to be forced to release something he doesn't want, to but on the other hand, it would be really nice to get that album finally...

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #223 on: July 06, 2004, 01:06:35 PM »

It's normal for management to deny these rumors.
1) There's no way they would commit to a release date this far out with all the drama of past release date rumors.
2) They don't want the announcement of the new CD coming from a show on VH1 that they had little or no input on.
3) They may plan to release in in November, but still need to overcome a couple small obstacles or legal issues that they assume will be taken care of by then, but can't guarantee 100%.
I don't know...but I'm hoping!
Finn-k?ki
Opening Act

My World

« Reply #224 on: July 06, 2004, 01:29:32 PM »

Bring on Euro tour 05 jad CD after that. It would be so cool! I would be able to see them like 5 times next summer when we tour europe whit my band Grin it would be a perfect timing. Lets all hope ok

News in October or november like last year, tour kicks in spring, CD in fall... Thats the way it should go! I think theyll do next rock in rio too.

Or Not...

Before news; I'll stay away from thease rumours. They make me sick, so does Mat Sorum...

-FuckOffMatt-
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2004, 03:24:21 PM »

Bah, stupid ass management. I get the feeling they like keeping people in the dark until completely necessary. I don't know whether to believe them (or VH1 for that matter) or not. In the end, whatever. I'd like to see it in November, if not - the world isn't ending.

We will see either a new or old moron win the election that month, though.

jameslofton28
« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2004, 04:30:35 PM »

The reason? After 10 years of sitting in his black hole, he now has zero credibility. Hell, even his fans are starting to think of him as a joke. I don't even think he wants it released now, I think the record company is forcing the imminent release. Axl has one last chance at redemption and not only do I realize this, but I'm sure the record company does too. Whether its a 6 song EP or a double album it doesn't matter. Chinese Democracy has to come out. After the release Axl can start the "next decade in the making" chapter of his life. Personally, I would think the release would be a huge weight off his shoulders. I would also advise him NOT to tour. Just let the album speak for itself. In closing I would like to say something about AXL: He gave meaning to two words that in the past,present, and future have never had and never will have any meaning and that is...CHINESE DEMOCRACY
DemocracyRose
« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2004, 04:50:17 PM »

The reason? After 10 years of sitting in his black hole, he now has zero credibility. Hell, even his fans are starting to think of him as a joke. I don't even think he wants it released now, I think the record company is forcing the imminent release. Axl has one last chance at redemption and not only do I realize this, but I'm sure the record company does too. Whether its a 6 song EP or a double album it doesn't matter. Chinese Democracy has to come out. After the release Axl can start the "next decade in the making" chapter of his life. Personally, I would think the release would be a huge weight off his shoulders. I would also advise him NOT to tour. Just let the album speak for itself. In closing I would like to say something about AXL: He gave meaning to two words that in the past,present, and future have never had and never will have any meaning and that is...CHINESE DEMOCRACY

If Axl only release an EP.... It will be scary moments number 1.... rant

I dont think the record are that desperate.... They have just put out a succesfully Greatest Hits record.... Undecided
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2004, 05:28:59 PM »

Didn't John Edwards deny being interested in joining John Kerry until today? - This is the way things work sometimes.  All hockey/football/baseball teams deny trades until the official announcemnt.  Hope this is true in this case - but I'm not quick to get my hopes up now.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2004, 06:07:20 PM »

I agree and think it might of been the VH1 workers putting Axl on the spot for not working with them.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
K-Rock
« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2004, 06:31:04 PM »

I got this response from Tina Chang of Sanctuary, which seems almost verbatim what Mysteron got:

Dear Ali,

We have not scheduled the album for release yet and any reports to the
contrary are simply attempts by factions of the media to lend
credibility to their false reports.

Regards,
Tina Chang
Sanctuary Group Inc.
My original message was this:

Hi Ms. Chang,

During the Guns N' Roses episode of Behind the Music,
which just premiered this weekend, it was reported
that the new GN'R album, "Chinese Democracy", is
slated for release in November 2004.  Could you
comment on whether or not there is any validity to
this statement by VH1?  I am merely a long time fan of
GN'R who is curious whether or not there is any truth
to the VH1 statement.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Ali Ghezelbash

Ali

Well, well, well.........seems Mysteron just might be some average guy who gets all his answers from Tina Cheng claiming it's "management"...or....."Merck".

The proof is in the verbatum!!!

Regardless if November was what GN'R intended.....there has been a buzz created within those (old GNR fans) who have not been following the GNR saga over the past few years.

Axl would best serve his "vision" if he would "step up to the plate" and deliver the cd by then.  If not, he will pass up yet another opportunity to get GNR as much exposure as possible when the cd is finally released.

This is something he whined about when interviewed on radio prior to the Detroit show in 2002.  "Nobody" promotes the old bands anymore.

Well now here's your chance Axl.  The buzz has been created.  Will you deliver or will you stomp your feet and hide another year or two because somebody else came up with the idea and you were not in total control when the album should be released.  
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2004, 07:58:58 PM »

. Whether its a 6 song EP or a double album it doesn't matter. Chinese Democracy has to come out. After the release Axl can start the "next decade in the making" chapter of his life.

Well he already has enough "B side" new songs for a EP.

Blues, Maddy, Oh my god, Silkworms, CD, Rhiad & Bediouns,

Maybe IRS, if you believe Mike Piazza.

So theres 6 or 7 songs right there. If axl released that as CD he would be the biggest laughing stock in the world. It would be the biggest joke in rock music. He needs a full album, something very close to 72 minutes long, if not longer. Something to Justify waiting and the 10 years or so of making. I dont think a double album is needed or we will get more MY WORLD songs. IMO

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #232 on: July 06, 2004, 08:12:31 PM »

Maybe we should start sending death threats to Sanctuary or somethin' Undecided

it could come out in Nov. but ive had enough, lets send shit every day until we get somethin' that gives us a hint.

if its in a few months then they should fucking tell us!!!!
enough is enough crying

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #233 on: July 06, 2004, 08:33:50 PM »

Is there anyone from VH1 we can email?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #234 on: July 06, 2004, 08:54:51 PM »

As sweet as a possible November release date sounds - Axl has taught me not to believe one damn thing until it comes to fruition.

axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2004, 09:06:29 PM »

Is there anyone from VH1 we can email?

There is a particular contact released in a vh1 press release about upcoming shows that could help, but i'm not going to give it out because i don't want to get in trouble here for giving out phone numbers.

And about the post claiming mysteron is a regular guy who get's his info just like us. The verbatum probably tells us that he has some sort of close  contact with management. Think about it, he gave us those quotes from management on a holiday when nobody was working, and on the next working day, someone get's an e-mail with almost the same thing. That tells you that mysteron knows someone in management, but that person didn't want to give him too much info, so he gave him the template of what employee's like tina chang should say if they get e-mails concerning the matter.

What Goes around comes around!
K-Rock
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2004, 09:12:11 PM »

And about the post claiming mysteron is a regular guy who get's his info just like us. The verbatum probably tells us that he has some sort of close  contact with management. Think about it, he gave us those quotes from management on a holiday when nobody was working, and on the next working day, someone get's an e-mail with almost the same thing. That tells you that mysteron knows someone in management, but that person didn't want to give him too much info, so he gave him the template of what employee's like tina chang should say if they get e-mails concerning the matter.

So, you know this as fact, huh??
K-Rock
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2004, 09:45:40 PM »

Its coming motherfuckers!

Oh really.......when??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2004, 09:53:35 PM »

Oh really.......when??

That's irrelevant. Just enjoy the fact that it's coming. Mmm-kay?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
K-Rock
« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2004, 10:02:04 PM »

Oh really.......when??

That's irrelevant. Just enjoy the fact that it's coming. Mmm-kay?  hihi

/jarmo

Okey, here goes.      WOOOO-HOOOOO Chinese Democracy is coming...........WOOOOO HOOOOO.....WOooo *cough cough* hoo.....oo...oo.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: