Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 613766 times)
chris83
Opening Act

2007?

« Reply #7320 on: December 13, 2006, 04:41:23 PM »

I think they want to have Ron playing on the album!

...unlike oasis we could not find a way to all get along
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #7321 on: December 13, 2006, 04:42:20 PM »

Got a feeling its friday when it drops, long pre-christmas weekend and all that.

No concrete info just a gut feeling, more people will wrap up their shopping this weekend for the festivities and use the following weekend as means of getting the things that have been forgotten.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #7322 on: December 13, 2006, 04:49:34 PM »

Why do you people keep thinking it's Axl's fault if it's not out this year? It's the record campany decision and as far as i know they've never announced it. I believe if it depend on Axl it would be out by late fall, why on hell would he want to look like an idiot if hadn't all the intentions of doing so. he know's the bad press he's gone get if 2006 is out and no CD. All i want is a fuking time frame release from the damm geffen people

Why do I have a simking feeling Axl is counting on all the bad press? ?Any publicity is good publicity. ?Maybe Axl wants to be the ultimate bad-ass?

Leading your fans on is not being a badass, it's being a dumbass.

Well a lot of the fans will take it.

I don't see alot of artists dicking fans around but Axl Rose is one of them.

Wow you did another greatest hits tour, do you want a standing ovation? like you have had since the aborted 2002 tour to work on an album, its just ridiculous.

Can blame oh we had to re record this and that.

Obviously the album is not good enough and up to Universals standards.

Whats next the release of that the Very best of hits package?

- Jimmy

Fuck All Y'all
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #7323 on: December 13, 2006, 04:51:47 PM »

Friday release date possible?

I know in the past some artists have done this...I guess I'm grasping at 2006 with anything possible but do you think they would do that?

I know HMV says nothing doing this year, period, but I just wonder?

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7324 on: December 13, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

Why do you people keep thinking it's Axl's fault if it's not out this year? It's the record campany decision and as far as i know they've never announced it. I believe if it depend on Axl it would be out by late fall, why on hell would he want to look like an idiot if hadn't all the intentions of doing so. he know's the bad press he's gone get if 2006 is out and no CD. All i want is a fuking time frame release from the damm geffen people

Why do I have a simking feeling Axl is counting on all the bad press? ?Any publicity is good publicity. ?Maybe Axl wants to be the ultimate bad-ass?

Leading your fans on is not being a badass, it's being a dumbass.

Agreed.

But could you imagine? ?"I screwed with my fans and they still bought millions of my records". ?-Hypothetically speaking of course. ?It really is coming out in 2006 according to the latest from Axl.

I wonder if he's still pissed off at his fans because so many of them left him for Kurt Cobain in '91. ?Come on Axl, you loved "Nevermind" too, but we all got over it. ?That's why no one listens to grunge anymore. ?Release the new album already...

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7325 on: December 13, 2006, 05:33:01 PM »

wow, we are all losers.  look at us arguing on the internet about something like a record.  a piece of plastic with music on it.  we are pathetic.  i could thing of more important things to do.  damn i feel like such a dumbass.  i quit coming to these things.  fuck i'll hike or go to the mountain on my bike and smoke a j.  i'll pust the tinfoil on the windows and listen to local news through the wall.  then put a towel that's green from the floor to the jair, chair.  then with the black sun glasses with the blue sides i will ride my little black car to the airport and fly away.
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #7326 on: December 13, 2006, 05:43:37 PM »

wow, we are all losers.? look at us arguing on the internet about something like a record.? a piece of plastic with music on it.? we are pathetic.? i could thing of more important things to do.? damn i feel like such a dumbass.? i quit coming to these things.? fuck i'll hike or go to the mountain on my bike and smoke a j.? i'll pust the tinfoil on the windows and listen to local news through the wall.? then put a towel that's green from the floor to the jair, chair.? then with the black sun glasses with the blue sides i will ride my little black car to the airport and fly away.

Ummmmmmmm  ok

I do agree we are all losers   smoking

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7327 on: December 13, 2006, 05:49:03 PM »

My honest opinion:

I think Chinese Demcoracy is such a different album that the record label doesnt know how to promote it or put it out properly.

Record labels since the merger are use to marketing and distributing these nice easy 3 minute pop songs with a gloss image and every band sounding just alike.

The record business has become a disposable, tasteless, brainless industry.

I think Chinese Democracy is so great, so diverse and so unlike anything out today, that they have no idea how to properly release it or market it cause there arent any 3 minute POP hits to appeal to the braindead masses.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #7328 on: December 13, 2006, 05:50:18 PM »

while i'd probably lose control of me bowels if it came out in 2006 there more chance of me growing boobs
If that happens, can you post pictures?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7329 on: December 13, 2006, 05:54:48 PM »

wow, we are all losers.? look at us arguing on the internet about something like a record.? a piece of plastic with music on it.? we are pathetic.? i could thing of more important things to do.? damn i feel like such a dumbass.? i quit coming to these things.? fuck i'll hike or go to the mountain on my bike and smoke a j.? i'll pust the tinfoil on the windows and listen to local news through the wall.? then put a towel that's green from the floor to the jair, chair.? then with the black sun glasses with the blue sides i will ride my little black car to the airport and fly away.

Ummmmmmmm? ok

I do agree we are all losers? ?smoking

I have to agree.  Damn it.  The thing is, this is probably rock n' roll history in the making.  This album has the potential to make some serious changes in the industry.

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
Illusions Used
Opening Act

One In A Million

« Reply #7330 on: December 13, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »

It's this simple: if Universal had the record, it would be out or we would know when.  Universal has already written (I'm sure in their view) too many checks for one CD.  If it were up to Universal, they would have liked to have started making money ten + years ago.

Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be

12.2.06 Target Center
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #7331 on: December 13, 2006, 06:42:24 PM »

It's this simple: if Universal had the record, it would be out or we would know when. Universal has already written (I'm sure in their view) too many checks for one CD. If it were up to Universal, they would have liked to have started making money ten + years ago.

And there my fellow GNR fans is the rub...What makes this whole thing so damn interesting, frustrating and puzzling.  One would think that Universal would put this thing out YESTERDAY if they had it.  Yet, maybe...just maybe...because this is not an album of 3 minute, over produced, new wannabe rock acts, that they are willing to sit-on-it!?

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
gav
« Reply #7332 on: December 13, 2006, 06:50:10 PM »

I posted this request ages ago in this thread but no-one replied!  crying

Someone mentioned that Bumblefoot posted on one of the forums about the release (this forum??).

Please could someone repeat what was said or at least provide me with a link or username??  Kiss
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #7333 on: December 13, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »

Has this article been posted yet??  It's from mp3.com...

Guns N' Roses fans losing "Patience"
By Jim Welte - MP3.com
December 13, 2006 at 08:30:00 AM
|

As band cancels another concert and with no sign of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy, tensions rise.

"Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have--enjoy what you do have."
Axl Rose Axl Rose

That cryptic message, released by Gun N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal as part of a statement this week, has message boards on the band's various fan sites abuzz, as does today's announcement that GNR has canceled tonight's concert in Fresno, California.

Diehard GNR fans have been waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy, the much-hyped, long-delayed album that would be the band's first release of original material in 15 years and its first with frontman Axl Rose as the sole original member. At the MTV Video Music Awards in August, Rose promised that the album, which has reportedly cost $13 million to make, would be in stores this year.

But as the weeks have gone by since then, the band's label, Interscope Records, has stayed silent, and Rose has not mentioned the album publicly on the band's extensive US tour.

Thal's statement only seemed to add fuel to the fire.

"From what I've seen, if you give out info before it's 100 percent confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed, so info should only come at the final moment when all the piece are in place," Thal said. "That's not a GNR thing, it's everything, every business or band or anything else. If you're looking for daily or weekly updates on things that are in the works, it'll become a big mess for everyone."

The cancellation of tonight's Fresno concert didn't help, with fans speculating about the reason since the band didn't give one in making the announcement. Many suggested that it was simply poor ticket sales that have cause the band to cancel certain shows in the hopes that fans would travel to nearby venues on alternate dates.

On MyGNR.com forums, a user named "GabrielChains" was fed up.

"They didn't even bother to make a bulls*** excuse this time?" he wrote. "They're just going with 'Eat s***, buy a ticket for a different show? I'm sorry, but they are a bunch of lying motherf******. This s**t isn't selling because of their lies about the album. I'm f***ing embarassed to be a Guns fan."

Another user by the name of "Towserhead" responded, "I think we're all embarrassed deep down. This guy is meant to be our hero but he treats us like utter sh**. In a way, I hope the tour ends now and he f***s off for good and never lies to us again."

As of now, the band's remaining 2006 concert dates remain intact, with a show in Oakland, California, set for Friday night. But unless Rose and company have a last-minute surprise in store for their fans, 2006 will pass without any sign of Chinese Democracy.

A message board poster by the name of "HisRoyalSweetness" had some advice for Rose.

"It's so funny ... Axl can't make it work without the old guys," he wrote. "He's had more than 10 years, 13 million bucks, and two tours ... still no album. It's just really obvious at this point ... Axl wasn't the one and only element that made GNR work. He's failed. He needs to get on his knees and crawl back to the old guys--you know, the ones that wrote and recorded all the songs that his new band plays each night ... Thankfully, Slash, Duff, and Izzy all seem like pretty cool dudes who'd consider laying aside their differences if Axl was honest and humble with them."

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #7334 on: December 13, 2006, 07:02:26 PM »

Fans need to get off Axl's ass Angry. nobody knows what's going on and blaming him is not helping.  the fuckin guy is trying to give us the best record he can and all he gets is shit on. that story is the biggest bunch of shit I've ever read.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #7335 on: December 13, 2006, 07:04:31 PM »

"Guns N' Roses, Sebastian Bach
Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
Nov. 24, 2006
$350,717
6,757 / 21,319
1 / 0
$77, $39, Live Nation"

From the new weekly Box Offfice over at Billboard.biz
If they want to do a second leg of the tour they better release CD.
Under 1/3 of the tickets sold.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7336 on: December 13, 2006, 07:04:43 PM »

has this been posted? ?Apparantly in the Fresno local newspaper, Bas claims that he knows the release date of Chinese Democracy... ?WTF!

http://www.fresnobee.com/260/story/18357.html

The relevant quote "The Guns N' Roses fans are not just interested in old songs. They want to hear "Chinese Democracy." I even know when it's coming out, but I can't betray my confidence. "

(got this off cd.com)
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #7337 on: December 13, 2006, 07:05:46 PM »

Has this article been posted yet??? It's from mp3.com...

Guns N' Roses fans losing "Patience"
By Jim Welte - MP3.com
December 13, 2006 at 08:30:00 AM
|

As band cancels another concert and with no sign of the long-awaited Chinese Democracy, tensions rise.

"Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have--enjoy what you do have."
Axl Rose Axl Rose

That cryptic message, released by Gun N' Roses guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal as part of a statement this week, has message boards on the band's various fan sites abuzz, as does today's announcement that GNR has canceled tonight's concert in Fresno, California.

Diehard GNR fans have been waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy, the much-hyped, long-delayed album that would be the band's first release of original material in 15 years and its first with frontman Axl Rose as the sole original member. At the MTV Video Music Awards in August, Rose promised that the album, which has reportedly cost $13 million to make, would be in stores this year.

But as the weeks have gone by since then, the band's label, Interscope Records, has stayed silent, and Rose has not mentioned the album publicly on the band's extensive US tour.

Thal's statement only seemed to add fuel to the fire.

"From what I've seen, if you give out info before it's 100 percent confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed, so info should only come at the final moment when all the piece are in place," Thal said. "That's not a GNR thing, it's everything, every business or band or anything else. If you're looking for daily or weekly updates on things that are in the works, it'll become a big mess for everyone."

The cancellation of tonight's Fresno concert didn't help, with fans speculating about the reason since the band didn't give one in making the announcement. Many suggested that it was simply poor ticket sales that have cause the band to cancel certain shows in the hopes that fans would travel to nearby venues on alternate dates.

On MyGNR.com forums, a user named "GabrielChains" was fed up.

"They didn't even bother to make a bulls*** excuse this time?" he wrote. "They're just going with 'Eat s***, buy a ticket for a different show? I'm sorry, but they are a bunch of lying motherf******. This s**t isn't selling because of their lies about the album. I'm f***ing embarassed to be a Guns fan."

Another user by the name of "Towserhead" responded, "I think we're all embarrassed deep down. This guy is meant to be our hero but he treats us like utter sh**. In a way, I hope the tour ends now and he f***s off for good and never lies to us again."

As of now, the band's remaining 2006 concert dates remain intact, with a show in Oakland, California, set for Friday night. But unless Rose and company have a last-minute surprise in store for their fans, 2006 will pass without any sign of Chinese Democracy.

A message board poster by the name of "HisRoyalSweetness" had some advice for Rose.

"It's so funny ... Axl can't make it work without the old guys," he wrote. "He's had more than 10 years, 13 million bucks, and two tours ... still no album. It's just really obvious at this point ... Axl wasn't the one and only element that made GNR work. He's failed. He needs to get on his knees and crawl back to the old guys--you know, the ones that wrote and recorded all the songs that his new band plays each night ... Thankfully, Slash, Duff, and Izzy all seem like pretty cool dudes who'd consider laying aside their differences if Axl was honest and humble with them."

I agree with some of that.

He dicks around fans big time.

Definately not a fan friendly band!

-- Jimmy

Fuck All Y'all
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #7338 on: December 13, 2006, 07:10:52 PM »

It was fan friendly for about am month   We had the press release, major league basball deal, the new site and the Del James article.   Oops am I not supposed to talk about that?   nervous

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #7339 on: December 13, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »

People need to cool down and stop acting like there in control of when Axl and Co. should deliver....
when it comes it'll come, for now hit the show and enjoy peace

Stop all the crying crying crying crying crying crying

see the rest of ya 12-17&20-2006
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 07:17:54 PM by Luigi » Logged

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: