Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 615077 times)
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7280 on: December 13, 2006, 02:44:46 PM »

Wow...I still can't believe how many people on this board still "believe" that it's coming this year.? Mysteron CONFIRMED that it won't just drop from the sky, and no one at ANY record store has any information about it.? It is IMPOSSIBLE for an album like this to drop within two weeks.? I'm sorry folks, but Axl lied to us...plain and simple.

Go to (or back to) school and ask your English teacher if there is a difference between:

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

Then feel free to come back and continue posting.

Being wrong includes admitting to it and making a correction don't you think?? If you know you're wrong and you don't change your statement, you're lying.

No, if you make a statement that you know to be wrong, you are lying. You can't be a liar in hindsight, it doesn't work like that.

Maybe he is not in a position to say anything about the release date of the album at the moment?
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7281 on: December 13, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »

Ahhh.. Sorry I didn't know you knew Axl personally, which you obviously do if you know that intended to deceive.

you think he doesnt know and or has no input on when or whether it comes out?
Really?
Ridiculous

I don't know at all, but then I don't claim to know his intentions, or know what he actually knew when he released said statements. I would suspect that when he made the statement, he intended for the album to be out, but I don't *know* one way or another which is why I wouldn't do something as stupid as assuming that I knew his intentions.

I guess we should add you to the list of people "close to the band"?
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #7282 on: December 13, 2006, 02:47:33 PM »

Wow...I still can't believe how many people on this board still "believe" that it's coming this year.? Mysteron CONFIRMED that it won't just drop from the sky, and no one at ANY record store has any information about it.? It is IMPOSSIBLE for an album like this to drop within two weeks.? I'm sorry folks, but Axl lied to us...plain and simple.

Go to (or back to) school and ask your English teacher if there is a difference between:

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

Being wrong includes admitting to it and making a correction don't you think?? If you know you're wrong and you don't change your statement, you're lying.

No, if you make a statement that you know to be wrong, you are lying. You can't be a liar in hindsight, it doesn't work like that.

Maybe he is not in a position to say anything about the release date of the album at the moment?
You are ?attempting to defend the indefensible with illogical arguments and blindly support GNR actions no matter how ludicrous/damaging...
are you Jarmo?

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #7283 on: December 13, 2006, 02:48:05 PM »

According to some people here, even if you make a statement you don't have to say shit because A) people will bitch and B) you just don't need to.

"it will be done when its done"

"ready when its ready"

"complete when we finish the beat"

"released when its released"

Fuck All Y'all
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7284 on: December 13, 2006, 02:51:24 PM »

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

You are ?attempting to defend the indefensible with illogical arguments and blindly support GNR actions no matter how ludicrous/damaging...
are you Jarmo?

So claiming that I knew exactly what Axl was thinking when he made the statement about the release in 2006, is logical, but claiming that he might actually have intended to release it in 2006 when he made the statement, is illogical.  hihi

Right. Please, tell me you are old, or your job consists of "would you like fries with that?" I hate to think that you are future of humanity with that kind of thought process.
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #7285 on: December 13, 2006, 02:53:37 PM »

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

are you Jarmo?

So claiming that I knew exactly what Axl was thinking when he made the statement about the release in 2006, is logical, but claiming that he might actually have intended to release it in 2006 when he made the statement, is illogical.? hihi

Right. Please, tell me you are old, or your job consists of "would you like fries with that?" I hate to think that you are future of humanity with that kind of thought process.

we'll have to agree to disagree
I think that axl has control over when the album comes out and his statement itwas comingout in 2006was a lie.
I also think that they have created PR disasters for themselves.

quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7286 on: December 13, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »

I think that axl has control over when the album comes out and his statement itwas comingout in 2006was a lie.

Well I agree about the PR disaster bit.

Sorry for the persona insult, I just don't have much patience for people claiming they know Axl's intentions.. It was uncalled for though.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #7287 on: December 13, 2006, 02:59:21 PM »

Should we retitle this thread "The Semantics of CD Release Date Rumors"? 

Or, perhaps, the "What Webster's Fucking Dictionary Thinks of Chinese Democracy"?

Either fits.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #7288 on: December 13, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »

Should we retitle this thread "The Semantics of CD Release Date Rumors"??

Or, perhaps, the "What Webster's Fucking Dictionary Thinks of Chinese Democracy"?

Either fits.
mirth Grin hihi

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7289 on: December 13, 2006, 03:18:21 PM »

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

Its not hindsight yet.? Its still 2006.

You can't accuse him of being a liar because it is still 2006.? If 2006 comes and goes with no album then he's a liar.

If he can't talk about the release for some recondite reason, then its strategic lying.? You are right, he may be lying for a good reason, but lying for a good reason is still lying.  But again this is only true if the album is not released in 2006 which is still in progress last I checked. Roll Eyes  At this time, Axl still cannot be accused of lying.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 03:21:24 PM by Bang Bang » Logged

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #7290 on: December 13, 2006, 03:20:34 PM »

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

You can't accuse him of being a liar because it is still 2006.? If 2006 comes and goes with no album then he's a liar.

If he can't talk about the release for some recondite reason, then its strategic lying.? But again this is only true if the album is not released in 2006 which is still in progress last I checked. Roll Eyes
while i'd probably lose control of me bowels if it came out in 2006 there more chance of me growing boobs

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7291 on: December 13, 2006, 03:23:03 PM »

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

If he can't talk about the release for some recondite reason, then its strategic lying.? But again this is only true if the album is not released in 2006 which is still in progress last I checked. Roll Eyes
while i'd probably lose control of me bowels if it came out in 2006 there more chance of me growing boobs

Pubertity will come soon?  I hear the payoff's great. Wink

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #7292 on: December 13, 2006, 03:28:20 PM »

whenever it comes out ill buy it. until then why worry

Ya know, I wrote Rainx about this a month or so ago and he responded with pretty much the same sentiment.

I'm starting to try to live by this thinking now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7293 on: December 13, 2006, 03:35:47 PM »

I hope that bach comment gets legs and ends up all over the net.  I think just maybe ther is still a chance and with bachs comments i think the 2006 idea is on the rise again.  ok

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7294 on: December 13, 2006, 03:36:57 PM »

Here is another thought lets wait and see if that thread gets pulled.

And exactly what that would mean i have no idea.  rofl

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7295 on: December 13, 2006, 03:37:29 PM »

Well I agree about the PR disaster bit.

Sorry for the persona insult, I just don't have much patience for people claiming they know Axl's intentions.. It was uncalled for though.

When Axl states that the album will be out in 2006, it is clear that there is only one of two intentions. ?Either he intends to release the album in 2006, or he intends to lie about the release. ?Of course it is possible for any other forces of nature to get in the way and prevent the release in 2006, but if that is the case, then Axl would have to come forward and clarify that. ?Otherwise his honest intention to release an album in 2006 would become a lie.

Guys, Axl is difficult, but he is not a liar. ?He has never personally stated in public that the album will be released in any specific year until this year. ?Since he personally said it is out this year, it will be out this year. ?Get out your party hats. beer

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #7296 on: December 13, 2006, 03:39:51 PM »

You know, here's my general feeling:

1. ?The album's not coming out this year, but that's ok. ?I never expected it, because a solid date was never announced, and I always expect the worst when it comes to CD.

2. ?The people who say "The album IS coming out this year!" with smiley faces and shit are just saying that, so when it doesn't they can just go off on the band and say "This band is shit. ?I believed in them, and now they suck. This is the last time I listen to Axl blah blah blah."
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7297 on: December 13, 2006, 03:45:38 PM »

1. ?The album's not coming out this year, but that's ok. ?I never expected it, because a solid date was never announced, and I always expect the worst when it comes to CD.

2. ?The people who say "The album IS coming out this year!" with smiley faces and shit are just saying that, so when it doesn't they can just go off on the band and say "This band is shit. ?I believed in them, and now they suck. This is the last time I listen to Axl blah blah blah."

Thanks for coming out and iforming us all that it's okay to lie to you.  Very tolerant and understanding of you. hihi

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #7298 on: December 13, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »

1.  The album's not coming out this year, but that's ok.  I never expected it, because a solid date was never announced, and I always expect the worst when it comes to CD.

2.  The people who say "The album IS coming out this year!" with smiley faces and shit are just saying that, so when it doesn't they can just go off on the band and say "This band is shit.  I believed in them, and now they suck. This is the last time I listen to Axl blah blah blah."

While I've said a few times that I have faith in a 2006 date, I have no intention of bashing my favorite band should it not happen.  I'd love for it to happen, by my life doesn't revolve around this album coming out.  It does, however, revolve around speculating about when this album will come out! hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #7299 on: December 13, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »

"Tolerating them lying to me?"  Nah.  It's called "being realistic."   

Unfortunately, those people who believe Merck's "there are only...Tuesdays left" remark either haven't been around long enough, or really gullible when it comes to Gn'R.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: