Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 06:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 615827 times)
newman
Opening Act

« Reply #7260 on: December 13, 2006, 01:51:22 PM »

Here's some objective info that doesn't point to a 2006 release...

Universal Music sees record profits in 2007

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Universal Music Group Chief Executive Doug Morris said Tuesday he expects 2007 to be a banner year as new albums from top-selling artists hit the market and digital revenues start to contribute new income.

DEATH OF THE ALBUM?

As the music industry considers new business models to cope with a fast-changing  marketplace, Morris said Universal regularly talks to artists about recording deals that do not include the traditional album.

"We try and do that all the time but artists have a different perception of themselves," he said. "I'd much rather make a singles deal and put it out and have their best work or three or four cuts or five cuts."

"But artists have a great deal of respect for themselves and want to do a body of work and, if they can, get the deal to make an album."

He said Universal Music will benefit hugely from new albums from its top artists such as Eminem, 50 Cent and Mariah Carey.

"I think that next year we're going to have our best year," Morris said. "I think our revenues and our profits will be the best we've ever had."

http://stocks.usatoday.com/custom/usatoday-com/html-story.asp?guid=%7B66A63C61%2D7A2F%2D47FF%2D8E29%2DDF5292B74C6D%7D

No mention of GNR as a top artist?  No mention of the "World's Most Expensive Album Never Made"?  This leads me to think that GNR is not even on Universal's immediate radar. 

The fact that they are hyping 2007 as a banner year is interesting - they would have no interest in releasing CD in 2006 because the majority of sales would be in the first couple weeks.  Call me crazy, but the whole notion of a surprise release or a release with no promotion seems absurd.  Universal is in the business of making money and lots of it - they are beholden to the shareholders - not Axl.  I'm starting to think the album will be released when Universal is ready to release it - not Axl.  The real question is whether the final album has even been delivered to Universal -  who knows?

It would also be naive to think that CD will not leak - every major release over the years has leaked (ie Jay-Z, Em, 50, Korn, ect.)  Record labels have been trying everything imaginable to stop leaks, so do we really think that GNR is so great of an entity that the Music Industry has put all their collective energies and finally found a way to stop the leak of CD?  The answer is no.

Enjoy the rest of tour, but it's time to stop drinking the Kool-Aid for a 2006 release.  I doubt a band would have a press release stating an album won't come out - just more fuel for the haters, cynics, journalists, bloggers, ect.  My guess is silence until a release date is immortalized. 
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7261 on: December 13, 2006, 01:54:03 PM »

Look my responsible / realistic side says yes it is too late.

But my heart tells me there is still hope.

They have never recinded the 2006 comments.

Maybe Mysteron is wrong this time.

Somebody is wrong / made a mistake at this poiint either Mysteron or Merck and Axl.

Anything is possible it is 2006 and we are in a digital age. You never know. Besides who says its not in distribution right now. Really how much promotion does this album realy need. A few days would be enough.

Every damn music / gossip type media outlet is going to cover it. ?Saying it is finally here or being released. Thye could save money by not buying spots, the media will do it for the story.

I know it is nutz, but if i believe the idea we were lied to, then I must move on in life away from here and GNR. I'm not ready to aaccept they lied to us yet.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7262 on: December 13, 2006, 02:04:03 PM »

maybe the show on the 13th was cancelled so they could shoot a music video for 'better'.....ya never know!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7263 on: December 13, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »

maybe the show on the 13th was cancelled so they could shoot a music video for 'better'.....ya never know!!!

yeah that's it!!! rofl

EFISH
« Reply #7264 on: December 13, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »

yeah that's it!!! rofl
I think we're on to something here.  hihi

I'm beginning to get pretty doubtful guys. Undecided
Just gotta repeat to myself, '2006 is the word'  peace
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #7265 on: December 13, 2006, 02:07:31 PM »

yeah that's it!!! rofl

they already shot a video for 'better', why did they need a 'better' one? ?rofl
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #7266 on: December 13, 2006, 02:11:39 PM »

Wow...I still can't believe how many people on this board still "believe" that it's coming this year.  Mysteron CONFIRMED that it won't just drop from the sky, and no one at ANY record store has any information about it.  It is IMPOSSIBLE for an album like this to drop within two weeks.  I'm sorry folks, but Axl lied to us...plain and simple.

Blah blah blah! Don't you think that maybe he's just trying to cover things up? He could be working for Axl! All Mysteron's doing here is guessing about the most possible outcome, because he doesn't know... Not that I'm saying it'll come out this year, I doubt it.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7267 on: December 13, 2006, 02:16:53 PM »

I work at Best Buy
ok, if the album is gunna come out on tuesday, then we should be getting it tomorrow night, or Sunday night at the latest...trust me, i will definately be scouring the truck from it

Hello Patrick,

I am one of the senior buyers from Best Buy and I just wanted to tell you that there is no need to come in to work tomorrow.  You're fired.

Just kidding dude.  Thanks for checking on behalf of the fans.

But seriously dude, if I was your boss I'd fire you.

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
Re-animator
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7268 on: December 13, 2006, 02:19:19 PM »

Guys, this thing is not coming out this year. ?It'd be awesome if it did, but there's seriously no way it's possible.
Also, the band didn't "promise" us anything. ?They said it would be out this year, but bands do this all the time.
You'll read in a magazine "so and so band says there album will be out this Spring", then the thing comes out over a year later and the inevitable question pops up in an interview promoting the album "Now, this album was supposed to be out a while ago, what happened?" ?"Oh, we had to redo some parts and then we had some more song ideas and blah blah blah."
This has happened with a bunch of my favourite bands in the past and they didn't give their fans any updates when we were wondering about the status of the album, so why would things be any different for Axl Rose and GnR of all people?
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7269 on: December 13, 2006, 02:19:28 PM »

Wow...I still can't believe how many people on this board still "believe" that it's coming this year.? Mysteron CONFIRMED that it won't just drop from the sky, and no one at ANY record store has any information about it.? It is IMPOSSIBLE for an album like this to drop within two weeks.? I'm sorry folks, but Axl lied to us...plain and simple.

Go to (or back to) school and ask your English teacher if there is a difference between:

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

Then feel free to come back and continue posting.

Loco_motive
Opening Act

Wreckage Of Twisted Dreams

« Reply #7270 on: December 13, 2006, 02:21:49 PM »

No, No.  You see, the show was cancelled so Ron and Frank could put a couple of finishing touches on CD.  The good news is that they should be finished by Thursday, but the bad news is that Axl now has to review said finishing touches and make a few vocal edits here and there, and that may very well take another year or two.

5/24/91 - East Troy, WI (1st UYI tour show)
11/18/02 - Chicago
VR 1/25/08 - Milwaukee
Slash 9/5/10 - Milwaukee
2/19/12 - Chicago
7/1/16 - Chicago
8/2/17 - Denver
11/7/17 - Milwaukee
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #7271 on: December 13, 2006, 02:26:55 PM »

whenever it comes out ill buy it. until then why worry

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #7272 on: December 13, 2006, 02:28:20 PM »

Wow...I still can't believe how many people on this board still "believe" that it's coming this year.? Mysteron CONFIRMED that it won't just drop from the sky, and no one at ANY record store has any information about it.? It is IMPOSSIBLE for an album like this to drop within two weeks.? I'm sorry folks, but Axl lied to us...plain and simple.

Go to (or back to) school and ask your English teacher if there is a difference between:

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

Main Entry: 3lie
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): lied; ly?ing ?/'lI-i[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lEogan; akin to Old High German liogan to lie, Old Church Slavic lugati
intransitive verb
1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2 : to create a false or misleading impression

I think you'll find that according to the above definition it was a lie and that my friend is why so many fans are fucked off end of story

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #7273 on: December 13, 2006, 02:32:06 PM »

whenever it comes out ill buy it. until then why worry

Pretty much how I feel about it too ?ok ?Although, I really would like to know when to take a vaca day so that I can fully enjoy the music. ?If it does come out before the end of the year, I'm bummin'. ?Gotta close out the year at work and so will have absolutely zilch time to stop and listen to a cd ?hihi ?Though, if I listened while I am working, I might be able to quote appropriate GNR lyrics to people who annoy me lol.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Nayl
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7274 on: December 13, 2006, 02:34:07 PM »

Guys, this thing is not coming out this year. ?It'd be awesome if it did, but there's seriously no way it's possible.
Also, the band didn't "promise" us anything. ?They said it would be out this year, but bands do this all the time.
You'll read in a magazine "so and so band says there album will be out this Spring", then the thing comes out over a year later and the inevitable question pops up in an interview promoting the album "Now, this album was supposed to be out a while ago, what happened?" ?"Oh, we had to redo some parts and then we had some more song ideas and blah blah blah."
This has happened with a bunch of my favourite bands in the past and they didn't give their fans any updates when we were wondering about the status of the album, so why would things be any different for Axl Rose and GnR of all people?

No other band has lied constantly to there fans and left em in the dark for 10+ years either BIG difference.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #7275 on: December 13, 2006, 02:37:36 PM »

? No other band has lied constantly to there fans and left em in the dark for 10+ years either BIG difference.

Why is this different? He's been working on this CD for 10 or more years. Name on artist that has done that.

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7276 on: December 13, 2006, 02:39:59 PM »

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

Being wrong includes admitting to it and making a correction don't you think?? If you know you're wrong and you don't change your statement, you're lying.

One caveat.  The only way to tell if Axl is lying though is to see if the album has arrived before the end of the year in stores.  I know Axl said late fall, but that could have been a slip.  He definitely said 2006 and we'll hold him to it won't we?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 02:44:26 PM by Bang Bang » Logged

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7277 on: December 13, 2006, 02:42:46 PM »

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lEogan; akin to Old High German liogan to lie, Old Church Slavic lugati
intransitive verb

I think you'll find that according to the above definition it was a lie and that my friend is why so many fans are fucked off end of story

Ahhh.. Sorry I didn't know you knew Axl personally, which you obviously do if you know that intended to deceive.

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #7278 on: December 13, 2006, 02:43:28 PM »

What makes you guys want to read or write the same f*cking posts day after day? ?Tongue

Why doesn't someone close this thread until there's new rumours... Oh yeah, the board would be flooded with new threads like 'Axl lied to us" or "There's still a chance". ?The same f*cking thing over and over again. I'm gonna kill someone if I see one more post about the "remaining Tuesdays". Same goes to posts saying that "Xxxxxxx record store said it would be out on xx/xx". ?

Angry no
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #7279 on: December 13, 2006, 02:44:14 PM »

1) Being wrong.
2) Lying.

intransitive verb

Ahhh.. Sorry I didn't know you knew Axl personally, which you obviously do if you know that intended to deceive.

you think he doesnt know and or has no input on when or whether it comes out?
Really?
Ridiculous

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: