Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 05:47:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 616715 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7220 on: December 13, 2006, 10:43:37 AM »

364 Pages of guessing and pontificating. ?Being the newbie, I guess I'll through my 2 cents as well.
- The cancellation of Fresno was done for two reasons:
a) Poor ticket sales, assuming that info. is correct, I can see Axl and Management making that move. ?Especially since they cancelled in Maine due to the alcohol incident.
b) Since Axl lives in L.A., it seems very reasonable to me, that he is at home, as we type, right now, prepapring for the BIG announcement to drop next week.

I wouldn't dare begin to guess on the actual release date. ?My hopes are for Tuesday December 19th. ?My gut tells me, it's just not possible. ?I know Merk wants this thing to be a surprise, but I can't see no promotion or radio airplay first.
[/b]

He was joking....      They don't want it to be a surprise. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7221 on: December 13, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »

I wish people would get that surprise thing out of their heads.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7222 on: December 13, 2006, 10:52:28 AM »

Anyone know how the Universal shows are selling?

Sunday - no tickets available. ?
Tuesday - tickets still available in Upper Orchestra (2nd tier). ?LOADS of tickets left for the Mezzanine (3rd tier) it seems.
Wednesday - tickets still available closer to the centre of the Mid Level Centre Stage section (2nd tier).

I wonder if they'll combine two of those shows together?

What leaks??
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7223 on: December 13, 2006, 10:52:49 AM »

I wish people would get that surprise thing out of their heads.

I'd be surprised if that happened.

What leaks??
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #7224 on: December 13, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

My bad...I really was a sucker for the 'Surprise' statement by Merk.?

Well, now that I've been informed, I realize there is NO WAY IN HELL to expect the album this year.

Does anyone in this forum think that when we do get an announcement from Axl/Management, we will be told why there was a delay?

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #7225 on: December 13, 2006, 11:02:22 AM »

id be suprised if cd actually came out.

Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #7226 on: December 13, 2006, 11:03:36 AM »

I personally doubt an explanation. If I get a reasonable solid release date, then I don't care.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7227 on: December 13, 2006, 11:03:47 AM »

My bad...I really was a sucker for the 'Surprise' statement by Merk.?

Well, now that I've been informed, I realize there is NO WAY IN HELL to expect the album this year.

Does anyone in this forum think that when we do get an announcement from Axl/Management, we will be told why there was a delay?

Yes, and no.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7228 on: December 13, 2006, 11:05:29 AM »

This is still just insane....
Why they planned this entire US tour around an album that still isn't out is beyond logical. It's not just bad marketing, it's horrendous...I LOVE the fact that GnR are out on tour, but they can't possibly think they're going to make it a huge success without the new CD to support it.
And they can't still be re-recording parts or putting the finishing touches on this thing. How many times can they do that?? Seriously, put the F**cking thing out, tour, move on to the next CD.

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #7229 on: December 13, 2006, 11:05:45 AM »

Unfortunately, GNR know what a heard of sheep we are and that we will continue to wait for this phantom record regardless of what they say, or don't say.
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #7230 on: December 13, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »

If memory serves me right, didn't Slash make a statement once about the 'Use Your Illusions' albums concerning this very issue of 'final touches?'

I could have sworn I remember him saying that he and Duff wanted the albums released and they had to pressure Axl to finish-up!

It seems to me that part of a great Rock N' Roll record is having some blemishes and ugliness.? When something gets too polished, I feel like it loses its edge.

Not only that, but what concerns me more is that some of the best records of all time, have been recorded in the quick 'hurry-up and go' situations.? These albums are hard and fast.? 'Appetite' certainly fits into this category, I know it took them all of 6 weeks to record that album.

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7231 on: December 13, 2006, 11:46:12 AM »

Fact of the matter is we will all buy the record regardless of when it comes out becuase we are the diehards.

I listen to my 5/15 boot all the time almost everyday. Axl seemd so happy, everything was perfect. He talked nonstop during the whole show.

I was one of those "this train is a rollin and there is no stopping it now" people, I still feel that way but not as strongly.

Something happend in or out of there control, it is apparent with all the stuff that was happening and then the sudden stop of info and stuff.,

I think we will hear something good or bad very soon from them. They have no choice if they want that train to keep on going. The media is just getting started and as time wears on with no annoucment this place is going to go boonkers and the media will haev a field day.

Those of us that went to shows know this is the real deal and the shows were awsome, but the negative shit in the news will keep the new potential fans away.

2006 has been the greatest year for GNR in 13 years. Even without a album this year, but com on and atleast give a statement no matter how generic that the album is delayed till spring or late winter.

The press will always print negative shit, but if you give them the facts it will be alot easier on GNR.

Or then again it could come out on the 19th with a big fuck you suprise and the crwod will go crazy and run for the CD.  And the media will give it all the press it needs saying it is here finally.

I know I'm talking in circles. Bored out of my mind waiting like the rest of you. Someday I will have it in my hands..................

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7232 on: December 13, 2006, 11:51:20 AM »

I work at Best Buy
ok, if the album is gunna come out on tuesday, then we should be getting it tomorrow night, or Sunday night at the latest...trust me, i will definately be scouring the truck from it
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7233 on: December 13, 2006, 11:54:15 AM »

Not only that, but what concerns me more is that some of the best records of all time, have been recorded in the quick 'hurry-up and go' situations.? These albums are hard and fast.?

Yeah, I totally agree... pearl jam recorded 10 in five days... ?rock n' roll should have a sense of "urgency" about it... i think CD will be awesome, however, b/c it'll be a different animal altogether - i think "OK Computer" took more than 2 years to complete, so the argument cuts both ways...
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7234 on: December 13, 2006, 12:06:59 PM »

Not only that, but what concerns me more is that some of the best records of all time, have been recorded in the quick 'hurry-up and go' situations.? These albums are hard and fast.?

Yeah, I totally agree... pearl jam recorded 10 in five days... ?rock n' roll should have a sense of "urgency" about it... i think CD will be awesome, however, b/c it'll be a different animal altogether - i think "OK Computer" took more than 2 years to complete, so the argument cuts both ways...

I think rock N' roll is about the artist doing things how he / she/ they please - on their terms.

Now if an artist states that he will release an album in a certain year and they don't then that is not a question of them doing what they please.  That's just fraud.  But of course this does not apply to GNR as of this time.  They still have a few days to make good on their promise.

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7235 on: December 13, 2006, 12:08:37 PM »

I work at Best Buy
ok, if the album is gunna come out on tuesday, then we should be getting it tomorrow night, or Sunday night at the latest...trust me, i will definately be scouring the truck from it

Best of luck to you.

I hope it is there, I truly do........

The music means the world to me, I can find a song for every way I feel.

Lately it has been Don't Damn Me ? hihi

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7236 on: December 13, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »

Has anyone ever thought that maybey Axl is just restless and he wants to get out there and tour and play the gnr songs he and everyone else loves while Writing and playing some new songs along the way. in promotion of a forthcoming album ?Chinese Democracy?  , just to help promote his tour when in fact there is no intentions at all in ever really releasing an album. And when He has had his fill of the road the tour will come to an end, with intentions of ?putting finishing touches on the album? which will never come out. Actually what this does is it leaves an open door for the next time  he wants to get back out there on the road and make some money and have a great time on the road kicking some ass with some classic GNR tunes.?..and maybe a new one or two to keep the hope alive for the diehards. This does make sense in a way because there is honestly a lot more casual fans of the band that would just as soon hear the classic tunes than care about hearing the new ones or a new record. Unfortunately for us diehard fans it?s kind of like waiting for something that conceivably will never happen in our lifetime?..something like oh I don?t know ??.Chinese Democracy .

Hey to me its better than nothing, I had one of the greatest times ever at the concert this year in halifax.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 12:52:15 PM by Rhino » Logged
anythinggoes
« Reply #7237 on: December 13, 2006, 12:53:44 PM »

Has anyone ever thought that maybey Axl is just restless and he wants to get out there and tour and play the gnr songs he and everyone else loves while Writing and playing some new songs along the way. in promotion of a forthcoming album ?Chinese Democracy?? , just to help promote his tour when in fact there is no intentions at all in ever really releasing an album. And when He has had his fill of the road the tour will come to an end, with intentions of ?putting finishing touches on the album? which will never come out. Actually what this does is it leaves an open door for the next time? he wants to get back out there on the road and make some money and have a great time on the road kicking some ass with some classic GNR tunes.?..and maybe a new one or two to keep the hope alive for the diehards. This does make sense in a way because there is honestly a lot more casual fans of the band that would just as soon hear the classic tunes than care about hearing the new ones or a new record. Unfortunately for us diehard fans it?s kind of like waiting for something that conceivably will never happen in our lifetime?..something like oh I don?t know ??.Chinese Democracy .

Hey to me its better than nothing, I had one of the greatest times ever at the concert this year in halifax.

What if

You just hadnt bothered even writing that, i think that would of been? a better idea
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7238 on: December 13, 2006, 12:54:46 PM »

why?
Huttz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7239 on: December 13, 2006, 12:59:14 PM »

Has anyone ever thought that maybey Axl is just restless and he wants to get out there and tour and play the gnr songs he and everyone else loves while Writing and playing some new songs along the way. in promotion of a forthcoming album ?Chinese Democracy?? , just to help promote his tour when in fact there is no intentions at all in ever really releasing an album. And when He has had his fill of the road the tour will come to an end, with intentions of ?putting finishing touches on the album? which will never come out. Actually what this does is it leaves an open door for the next time? he wants to get back out there on the road and make some money and have a great time on the road kicking some ass with some classic GNR tunes.?..and maybe a new one or two to keep the hope alive for the diehards. This does make sense in a way because there is honestly a lot more casual fans of the band that would just as soon hear the classic tunes than care about hearing the new ones or a new record. Unfortunately for us diehard fans it?s kind of like waiting for something that conceivably will never happen in our lifetime?..something like oh I don?t know ??.Chinese Democracy .

I have thought about this as well, though I would never want to believe it.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: