Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:38:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 650922 times)
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #6880 on: December 12, 2006, 01:10:23 PM »

But then again thats exactly what I would expect Merck to say: the obvious truth about how new releases work and also nothing of any real substance. I take it with a grain of salt.? But a release the day after Christmas would not make any sense at all- to me

Well, we're operating (if we continue to speculate the album will be out this year) that what Merck has said is going to happen.? If you throw out one comment...I guess you can throw out all of them.

Really, from what we've seen over the past couple of pages, for Merck to be right....the release would have to be the 19th.

By all reports, it won't be.

Maybe the Universal shows will lead to some more info.? I'm doubtful, but...if we hear nothing at those shows there are going to be some very ticked off fans on these boards.? The backlash will not be pretty....

there already are some ticked off fans...i'm one of them
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #6881 on: December 12, 2006, 01:10:58 PM »

Fuck any "backlash." ?Fans LOVE waiting for Chinese Democracy. ?

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM AXL! ?If Chinese Democracy doesn't start on one of the next two Tuesdays, it just might start on one of the fifty-two Tuesdays in 2007. ?If that's how Axl wants to do it, then FUCK YOU! ?If you're one of those music fans who likes musicians that make music, then what the FUCK are you doing on a GnR board? ?Go listen to some other band that makes music. ?Me, I'm personally quite happy loving and supporting Axl and whoever else is in the band at the time WHETHER OR NOT THEY EVER ACTUALLY MAKE MUSIC!!! ?In the meantime, you get to hear AWESOME updated versions of cool songs that Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote in the 80's.

You "fans" make me sick.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #6882 on: December 12, 2006, 01:11:49 PM »

So, the BBC have removed the album from their site.

This, for me, is the last confirmation I need (even though I didn't really need any confirmation).

This album is not coming out this year. Not a chance in hell.

I think this sucks. Deceiving fans like this is, which is what they have done, is pathetic. I kinda hope Universal sue them for everything they have.

A pissed-of ARC,

Peace.
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #6883 on: December 12, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »

maybe mr rose should take a leaf out of a real rockstars book.

Thin lizzy over the years or even ac/dc had umpteenth? changes within their ranks & still continually produced magic albums.

If guns were so into their music they would file for bankruptcy & release the holy grail rofl :rofl:on an independent label.

AXL.... A ROCKSTAR IS THE LIKES OF MR LYNOTT OR MR SCOTT

Dude what the hell?
Didn't Thin Lizzy sing "the boys are back in town"?
God They suck.
I hope that post was a joke Undecided

While I completely disagree with the original post (Axl is a true rockstar), the idea that Thin Lizzy sucks is ignorant.?

#1: They were? a huge influence on Axl
#2: You owe it to yourself to hear something OTHER than "The Boys are Back in Town"

i really like this... now i know this thread is about Chinese Democracy (which i'll get too in a bit), but calling Thin Lizzies and AC/DC later records "magical" made me laugh. Both bands where cover versions of there former self in later years... whereas Guns and Roses are trying to reinvent a new sound. And with AC/DC they replaced ONE member (the lame ass Brian Johnson), where as Axl is replacing what SIX guys... so the comparision is a little wrong. But whatever, I know AC/DC is probably sacred territory around here, but i always thought they sucked, heard one of there songs you've heard them all. Plus Both bands (thin lizzy and AC/DC are not the most cerebral of rock bands... kind of a waste of time). But I like how an argument is always made that Axl liked them so we all have to as well, I love Guns and Roses (thats why I'm here) but i would bet that axl and i have some different tastes... AND THATS OK. axl wants fans, not clones.

but back to Chinese Democracy... happy listening on the 19th. This monster is coming (on the 19th of this December) and you can quote me on that. i should know i'm with the band.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6884 on: December 12, 2006, 01:14:12 PM »

there already are some ticked off fans...i'm one of them

I know there is a subset of ticked off fans...but they're (at this point) a reletive minority (vocal as they are).

When Dec 31 turns to Jan 1...and if no album has appeared...I'm guessing that subset is going to get larger and even more vocal.  And that's when there is going to be some very large, very public, very noisy backlash, I suspect.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6885 on: December 12, 2006, 01:14:59 PM »

Again, I still think it's coming this yeah until the band says otherwise.

But a release the day after Christmas would not make any sense at all- to me

well I guess it would insure its billboard debut at the top first in the new year. And it will stay there long, wire to wire.

The same is (almost) true with the 19th tho.

Phew, Thanks for the link, gnfnr2006.  ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6886 on: December 12, 2006, 01:15:31 PM »

Fuck any "backlash."  Fans LOVE waiting for Chinese Democracy. 

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM AXL!  If Chinese Democracy doesn't start on one of the next two Tuesdays, it just might start on one of the fifty-two Tuesdays in 2007.  If that's how Axl wants to do it, then FUCK YOU!  If you're one of those music fans who likes musicians that make music, then what the FUCK are you doing on a GnR board?  Go listen to some other band that makes music.  Me, I'm personally quite happy loving and supporting Axl and whoever else is in the band at the time WHETHER OR NOT THEY EVER ACTUALLY MAKE MUSIC!!!  In the meantime, you get to hear AWESOME updated versions of cool songs that Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote in the 80's.

You "fans" make me sick.

Wow..I've never actually SEEN sarcasm drip from a post before....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6887 on: December 12, 2006, 01:15:45 PM »

Maybe the Universal shows will lead to some more info.? I'm doubtful, but...if we hear nothing at those shows there are going to be some very ticked off fans on these boards.? The backlash will not be pretty....

Agree it will be insane , but then again everyone will cling to the last hope of the 26th, but we already know that is not possible. I think it is going to get pretty entertaining around hear.

I would guess views on this site are an all time high,but posts by the regulars are down. I'm tired. No ill will or negatives but just tired of waiting. I'm to old and have to many responsibilities to keep clinging to the fantasy it will still happen this year. ?Someday when it happen i will get excited or when there tour here again but till then, well.................

And I will glady eat my words and publically apoligize if I'm wrong and I hope I am, but 06 it is not going to happpen.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:20:08 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6888 on: December 12, 2006, 01:19:54 PM »

In my opinion they should have never started touring until the album was done and ready to be released. Now if it is done and ready for release, but something else is holding it up, they should release a statement explaning why, they owe us at least that much.

Personally, I would like to see the fans stop going to the shows until the album is released. Boycott the shows, force them to stop fucking around and release the album already.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #6889 on: December 12, 2006, 01:22:09 PM »

In my opinion they should have never started touring until the album was done and ready to be released. Now if it is done and ready for release, but something else is holding it up, they should release a statement explaning why, they owe us at least that much.

Personally, I would like to see the fans stop going to the shows until the album is released. Boycott the shows, force them to stop fucking around and release the album already.

Well I'd like to see you get cancer and die and go to hell.  You DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to complain about Axl or his band or the album because I SAID SO.

Why don't you WALK THE WALK instead of just talking the boycott talk.  I'm sure Axl and Beta wouldn't miss you ONE FUCKING BIT.  If you're less than happy, then hit the fucking road, Jack.

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #6890 on: December 12, 2006, 01:22:45 PM »

But a release the day after Christmas would not make any sense at all- to me

Certainly not in England, all the shops will be shut. rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6891 on: December 12, 2006, 01:22:55 PM »

I'm at this point guessing if the album does not see 2006 then maybe those commenst about touring early in the new year will be off as well. One would think if this time it does not come out they will have no choice but to A either get it out before they tour more, or B tour where they have not toured yet even without album out .............

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6892 on: December 12, 2006, 01:26:42 PM »

Well I'd like to see you get cancer and die and go to hell.

Was this really neccesary?? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Why don't you WALK THE WALK instead of just talking the boycott talk.? I'm sure Axl and Beta wouldn't miss you ONE FUCKING BIT.? If you're less than happy, then hit the fucking road, Jack.

I have "walked the walk", I havent been to a show and I want until the album is released.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6893 on: December 12, 2006, 01:28:07 PM »

Well I'd like to see you get cancer and die and go to hell.? You DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to complain about Axl or his band or the album because I SAID SO.

That was real cool.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:29:58 PM by 1badapple » Logged
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #6894 on: December 12, 2006, 01:29:33 PM »

Well I'd like to see you get cancer and die and go to hell.

Was this really neccesary?? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Why don't you WALK THE WALK instead of just talking the boycott talk.? I'm sure Axl and Beta wouldn't miss you ONE FUCKING BIT.? If you're less than happy, then hit the fucking road, Jack.

I have "walked the walk", I havent been to a show and I want until the album is released.

What's wrong with me? ?NOTHING. ?I love Axl Rose and everything that he does. ?And if you haven't bought a ticket to the show you're a DUMB-DUMB because Finck gets an awesome solo, 4TUS plays Beautiful, and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal plays an instrumental version of Don't Cry. ?If that doesn't make up for Chinese Democracy not starting, then I don't know what would.

You're clearly not a fan. ?Axl doesn't want your money any ways.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6895 on: December 12, 2006, 01:29:43 PM »

Do you still don't see my point? It's right there in my first reply. Whatever Merck said does not really matter. He definitely said early and I explain why that can only mean one thing. Everything points to this release being a normal release, and when the manager of the band says it will be out earlier in Europe, he obviously alludes to the fact that albums are normally released a day earlier in Europe. He's not playing games, he's not giving hints and there is no special secret master plan. It's just an album, and that's why the 25/26th will not happen.

That is my point.

All in YOUR OPINION.? You're assuming both his motivations and his mind set.? He has made cryptic, coy comments in the past ("There are (whatever number of) Tuesday's left").? He answered the question asked, and gave no more information...also something that he historically has done.? Your ASSUMPTION isn't any more firmly based than the one in which Merck IS being coy. You haven't explained, without doubt, WHY Merck MUST mean what you assert he does. And there are valid reasons why he might have been coy (doing otherwise would, if the release was on the 26th, give it away). You've only given reasons why it might be true.? You're right.? It might.? It also might not.? ?Do you now see MY point.

Just because you think it doesn't make it fact.?

Yes. Opinion and assumption. I never claimed it to be anything else. And I now see you have justly pointed out the fact that I didn't give proper reason for predicting Mercks mindset. Well, let's get to it.

Merck is what I call a proper, full fledged asshole. He manages 3 of the biggest rock acts in the world, Guns N' Roses, Elton John and Iron Maiden. He does so because he's good at what he do and because he's got a good reputation. One does not gain such things in such a business without stabbing a few backs and steppping on a couple of toes. The emails he writes is excibit B. He either give minimalistic and sterile answers, or acts extremely rude, aggressive and arrogant. This is typical behaviour of an asshole that does not care about alot of people beyond himself. Now, I'm not saying he's the swamp thing out ta get us, assholes can also lead pretty normal lives and have relationships, but he's no Ron Thal if you catch my drift. And remember mods, this is not meant as bashing but as an argumental device. It's not personal or pun intended, I too can admit to being an asshole, so cool off on the delete button and let me finish.

As for Mercks previous statements appearing coy. Yes, they do and they are. But there are different types of coy. You have the one where it actually means something, and you got that other one that is used when you want to appear meaning something, but you're actually not.

There was surely optimism and certainty that the album would be out earlier in the year, but knowing GN'R as he do and being smart as he is, Merck knew there wasn't a 100% solid date set when he talked to RS. He should have only repeated Axls words and said it will be out by the end of the year and nothing else, like any professional manager should and would do. Cause after all that's all he can say without risking to be caught with his dick out. But instead, being the self loving asshole that he is, he couldn't resist the temptation of appearing to be more sure than he actually was and deliver a cryptic and appearingly coy "13 tuesdays left" statement. Notice how he didn't really say anything, but the setting he chose gave the appearance of him actually knowing but keeping it secret, giving the appearance of him being some sort of uber enigma in total control. The "I don't know if we will announce a release date....." bit can be given the same explanation. And it certainly doesn't help that Mysteron comes out and immediately claiming that it was sarcasm. Of course he would, he know what type of person Merck is and how he likes to articulate. He knew it was just more of his typical out of ass smart ass talking.

That is why I don't think we should take Mercks statements for any more than they are, even though they might appear to be so.

And even though it seems so I don't have anything against the man. I would never want to be his friend and I don't like the way he treats the die hard fans, but he's definitely a good manager and that's what matters to me as a fan. That they have competent people handling the affairs of the music that I love.

And I have not even mentioned the absurd logistic impossibillites in getting an album out in 2 weeks, not to mention the obvious stupidity in releasing anything at such a time of the year.

It's not a 100%, but then again nothing ever is except death, but it's at least 99%. In GN'R land that equals 100%. Hell, even 30% equals 100% when it comes to GN'R not doing something.

All valid poinjts, but not the one we were discussing.? I was addressing, specifically, the fact that Merck's comments don't preclude a release on the 26th.

Logistically, it would certainly be a nightmare...but not feasibly impossible at this point.? ?I'm not sure it's "obviously stupid" to have an album in stores on a day when everyone under the sun is doing returns and using gift cards, either.

Look, I'm certainly not saying the 26th is, in any way, "the day".? I agree, like just about every other Tuesday as we approach, each passing day makes it a less likely candidate.? But, as of right now, it can't be ruled out.? By this coming Tuesday/Wednesday, if we haven't heard anything....it will pretty much rule itself out.

I'm not disagreeing that it's possible, even if it is very slight. I for the most part try and see those factors in connection with other factors. Like how the album will be released, the history of GN'R, the agenda of the record company etc. When I see all those parts in connection with each other is when I firmly make up the conclusion in my mind that this year isn't going to happen. All of it, everything I speculate is just that, speculation. Some of the things I claim are connected to alot of other thoughts which effect the final result, but I can't tell anyone how all that brain chemistry work. It would take to much time and I'm not even sure I could if I tried. So if you still aren't with me on this matter we can just end the current debate, cause I've done all in my power to try and make you see what I see. The rest is up to you.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6896 on: December 12, 2006, 01:34:18 PM »

I hate to say it but I know believe it won't come out this year and may never come out.  I think I need to dissconnect with the GN'R world.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6897 on: December 12, 2006, 01:34:42 PM »

What's wrong with me? ?NOTHING. ?I love Axl Rose and everything that he does. ?And if you haven't bought a ticket to the show you're a DUMB-DUMB because Finck gets an awesome solo, 4TUS plays Beautiful, and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal plays an instrumental version of Don't Cry. ?If that doesn't make up for Chinese Democracy not starting, then I don't know what would.

I am a fan, which is why im still here. If I didnt care I would just say fuck this band and wash my hands with them. I want to hear new music and I want this band to get the credit they deserve, I dont think thats being a "bad" fan.

You just follow whatever they do and never say anything, do you not have an opinion yourself?? Or do you just go with whatever Axl says?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6898 on: December 12, 2006, 01:36:09 PM »

Well I'd like to see you get cancer and die and go to hell.  You DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to complain about Axl or his band or the album because I SAID SO.

Why don't you WALK THE WALK instead of just talking the boycott talk.  I'm sure Axl and Beta wouldn't miss you ONE FUCKING BIT.  If you're less than happy, then hit the fucking road, Jack.

i`d like to see you being banned, idiot. mahimahi23 posted his opinion and he definitely has a point. no nedd to wish him a painful dead.....

polluxlm has a point as well.....  the gnr camp isn`t that nice to the fans at times....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #6899 on: December 12, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

I am a fan, which is why im still here. If I didnt care I would just say fuck this band and wash my hands with them. I want to hear new music and I want this band to get the credit they deserve, I dont think thats being a "bad" fan.

You just follow whatever they do and never say anything, do you not have an opinion yourself?? Or do you just go with whatever Axl says?

Yes, fucker.  Go look up some of Beta's posts on the board.  In case you don't know because you're a non-fan, Beta is the MOTHER OF GUNS N' ROSES.  She made it very clear in her posts... If you want to bitch about shit, then just hit the fucking road.  She said it plain and clear... AXL DOESN'T WANT YOUR MONEY.   So leave already.  Let GnR continue to rock the pants off its loyal fans night after pyro-riffic night. 

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: