Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 651513 times)
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #6720 on: December 11, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »

Let's say you ask some girl out on Sunday for the following Saturday and she says yes. ?Now lets say you see her in school, at work, on the train, wherever every day and you keep asking her if she's gonna come with you but she doesn't say shit. ?In my book, that's not a good sign...

Or if you ask her out for "some time next week" without picking a particular day. Then when you ask her, "How about 8PM Thursday?" she somehow nullifies the actual soundwave of your voice, effectively "deleting" your misinformed attempt at setting a date.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #6721 on: December 11, 2006, 08:38:47 PM »

Let's say you ask some girl out on Sunday for the following Saturday and she says yes.  Now lets say you see her in school, at work, on the train, wherever every day and you keep asking her if she's gonna come with you but she doesn't say shit.  In my book, that's not a good sign...

Clearly the above is distinguishable from our current scenario, but I think there may be some similarities... that being said, i still think it's gonna come out on the 19th...   smoking

The thing is, we didn't ask for a date, it was given to us ... we can't go back and ask and ask and ask.

btw ... I think if you did that to a girl, you'd turn up for the date to find her with a restraning order (for the yanks  Grin).

I don concur that Ron's staement does not bode well, he seems to try to shift the coming blame to Axl by stating you never say anything until the date is concrete, but we can hope.
I still believe in the 19th and will continue to do so until that date passes us by or there is official word from the band.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6722 on: December 11, 2006, 08:39:12 PM »

What did Ron Say?

emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #6723 on: December 11, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »

How many famous bands/artists ever release an album with a surprise release date? Oh thats right, none. I win. peace

Limp Bizquick

And you're shit mate, I'll talk about whatever the hell I want thanks. I seriously doubt this album is all about the mighty $.
They will release it whenever the hell they want.

And how well did that album do? Your tring to sell as many albums as possible. That's kind of the goal.

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #6724 on: December 11, 2006, 08:41:13 PM »

How many famous bands/artists ever release an album with a surprise release date? Oh thats right, none. I win. peace

Limp Bizquick

And you're shit mate, I'll talk about whatever the hell I want thanks. I seriously doubt this album is all about the mighty $.

And how well did that album do? Your tring to sell as many albums as possible. That's kind of the goal.

You asked for an example and I gave you one. You lose.
I said Axl more than likely does not give a shit about the money.

emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #6725 on: December 11, 2006, 08:42:06 PM »

Limp Bizquick

But Axl is not the only factor in releasing the ablum and guess who does want to make money? Geffen and everyone involved in the project.

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #6726 on: December 11, 2006, 08:43:22 PM »

Limp Bizquick

i don't think axl's intentions is to sell as many as possible imo he's doing it for himself
universal's goal is to sell as many records as possible IMHO

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6727 on: December 11, 2006, 08:44:44 PM »

What did Ron Say?

Allegedly the following:

"Ron here - this is not a statement on behalf of GnR, just speaking for myself, me to you. For whatever it's worth, I love you guys and appreciate all the support you guys have given the band. I haven't been in the band very long, but long enough to experience how great it is to have fans that care as much as you. Maybe it's too-little-too-late to let you know that, but that's how I feel, and it hasn't changed. From what I've seen, if ya give out info before it's 100% confirmed, and things don't happen as planned, it leads to people feeling betrayed, so info should only come at the final moment when all the piece are in place. That's not a GnR thing, it's everything, every business or band or anything else. If you're looking for daily or weekly updates on things that are in the works, it'll become a big mess for everyone. Meanwhile, we're touring  It's been fucking great  Since my first show with Guns in May, we've played nearly 70 shows, in 20 countries (if I counted right, at 3am after being up 30 hours... lol) The way I see it, for two-and-a-half hours each of those nights, it's our time to connect with each other - we get to say *fuck it* to everything else in life and enjoy ourselves - that's what it's about. It's not about business or setlists or critics or anything else - it's about saying FUCK IT and gettin' high off it from beginning to end and a long time after. Hope y'all have been enjoying it to the fullest.  Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have - enjoy what you do have. Not trying to change anything by writing ya, not answering the questions you want answered, just letting ya know that your support hasn't gone unnoticed, and I just wanna say *thank you* to the moderators and members of your forum. For the years you've devoted to the band, and hopefully years to come... Thank you  Ron"
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #6728 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:01 PM »

damn i think that letter sucks, it kind of shattered the little hope I had left for a 2006 release

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #6729 on: December 11, 2006, 09:00:41 PM »

Limp Bizquick

But Axl is not the only factor in releasing the ablum and guess who does want to make money? Geffen and everyone involved in the project.

No, but he's the primary one and if he says no, then it's no.
If Axl and the band was gonna cave in to the Studio this thing would have been out a fucking age ago.

surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6730 on: December 11, 2006, 09:01:10 PM »

damn i think that letter sucks, it kind of shattered the little hope I had left for a 2006 release

but we don't know if it's real! ? Huh
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6731 on: December 11, 2006, 09:01:46 PM »

Yes but it is gracious and understanding of our frustration with the process.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #6732 on: December 11, 2006, 09:06:02 PM »

Yes but it is gracious and understanding of our frustration with the process.

yes, I have to give Ron that.. he actually speaks to the fans and tries his best to let us know what's goin on, even if it isn't what we want to hear, and he is very eloquent

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #6733 on: December 11, 2006, 09:22:27 PM »

I feel the air in my bubble is slowly starting to seep out...it hasn't burst yet but I feel the momentum is starting to shift...I hope this is a big week!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #6734 on: December 11, 2006, 09:45:02 PM »

Interesting that the BBC Radio 1 site didn't get updated. It's Tuesday now in England. Can't remember that happening before. It's always Monday, usually. Maybe they are trying to get their facts straight.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

« Reply #6735 on: December 11, 2006, 09:48:59 PM »

It's always Monday, usually.

rofl

But yeah, I've noticed that and noted it in my scrapbook of "Odd things about the Chinese Democracy release".

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #6736 on: December 11, 2006, 09:57:19 PM »

it's kind of a curse, it only takes the words "Chinese Democracy" to appear in a website for it to start malfunctioning or something.. hihi

BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #6737 on: December 11, 2006, 11:11:04 PM »

The BBC not being updated is very interesting. Or maybe it means nothing. Either way CD will be out eventually. The earth will continue to spin around. We will continue to be a community of GNR diehards......

There's a lot goin on here.....
tdurden
Opening Act

Things you own, end up owning you..

« Reply #6738 on: December 11, 2006, 11:56:14 PM »

You know what gives me hope everytime I start to doubt about whether the album is going to come out? or that it will just be delayed and delayed again.....

I just remind myself about the other members in the band especially Robin and Tommy...I am confident that musicians like these would not just be screwing around if the album were not coming. ?What I mean is, both Robin and Tommy are legendary musicians and were part of 2 bands that were possibly as important as the original GNR were. ?They also had legitimate opportunities to re-join Trent and Paul (respectively) in order to tour and/or work on new albums but passed the chance up to stay with GNR. ?
Serious musicians like that do not just sit around for years and years just waiting to go on tour every four years...They believe in what they are doing and are in it for the long run...

That is what really gives me hope and keeps me believing in the 19th.

"emanc93" is a stiff.

I think this is a great opinion. Unfortunatley people on this board don't really think as logically as you. Always look at the positive. I guess too many people on here have been waiting sooo long and its there whole life it seems. I am just pumped that the band is touring regularly and seem to really be clicking. I know the album is coming soon. Unfortunatley that is the boring position and you can't write 350 pages of stuff with these opinions. Peace. Cool

When I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way...
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6739 on: December 12, 2006, 12:29:14 AM »

well it's now the 12th, and no CHI DEM, Undecided would have been the best fucking birthday present ever Cry
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: