Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:24:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 652247 times)
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6420 on: December 09, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »

Man, lot of people are bashing GNR for something they didn't do. Huh

Didn't do. Like what? Keep a promise?

I was being facetious.  It can have multiple meanings. Wink

Really though, its only fair to be mad at the band if 2006 comes and goes without an album.  Not because they promised, but because they did not rescind the promises and kept the fans hanging.  That would not be cool, but it hasn't happened yet.  We shouldn't diss GNR for their lies until they are proven to be lies - if they are proven to be lies.  We won't know that until Jan 01 / 07.

Until GNR says otherwise, the album is set for a 2006 release.  Soon peolpe.  Soon....

with no proper promotion , yeah right
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6421 on: December 09, 2006, 10:47:48 PM »

Man, lot of people are bashing GNR for something they didn't do. Huh

Didn't do. Like what? Keep a promise?

I was being facetious.? It can have multiple meanings. Wink

Really though, its only fair to be mad at the band if 2006 comes and goes without an album.? Not because they promised, but because they did not rescind the promises and kept the fans hanging.? That would not be cool, but it hasn't happened yet.? We shouldn't diss GNR for their lies until they are proven to be lies - if they are proven to be lies.? We won't know that until Jan 01 / 07.

Until GNR says otherwise, the album is set for a 2006 release.? Soon peolpe.? Soon....

with no proper promotion , yeah right

then why would merck say something so random? "you might just walk in and it'll be there" what the fuck was that? lol.

i love how we actually get less than what we want, instead of giving us meaningful info he says shit like that, what the fuck? (unless it turns out to be true)

i mean ur talking to rolling stone, u only say a couple sentances, and u say something like that. why?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 10:50:19 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6422 on: December 10, 2006, 02:46:43 AM »

Reading this thread is kind of like watching an argument between two individuals with two different religions about whose religion is correct.  They both have plenty of information.  The information both have can be pushed aside with various deductions.  And, when they run out of evidence, they begin repeating the same stuff, again and again. 

That's ok...I'll keep reading, anyway. Cool

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #6423 on: December 10, 2006, 04:14:32 AM »

sunday......
i tried not to ckeck the site for 2 day... failed like always  Grin

No news so far? What a surprise.......... no

2006 another year without an album?
If so and no release date for early (!!!!) 2007 will be set it might be allowed to doubt the existence of a whole album ... nervous

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #6424 on: December 10, 2006, 05:21:55 AM »

I know it's been said like a million times by a million people, but I firmly believe that the silence is a good thing. I mean c'mon to all those sceptics out there, do you seriously believe that after the "announcements" they've made in mainstream media, be it the 14 Tuesdays thing or the this year thing from Axl, they'll leave us with nothin. As far as I see it, it's either gonna drop like a bomb in stores on the 19th (although possibly not in Aus.  no) or there will be some completely devastating announcement on said date about a delay or some other cockup. I don't care what I've read people say here about it can't be done, they have to promote it etc. etc. etc.. If Axl et. al. was gonna cave into the studio  and do it their way, this motherfucker would have been out long ago.

That's what I believe and I'm stickin to it.  ok

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
Megaguns
« Reply #6425 on: December 10, 2006, 05:31:29 AM »

Why are they touring, and not in the studio finishing it if its not already done, I personally think its done, however, i dont believe it will be out this year,
The biggest come back album possibly of all time doesnt just "appear" on store shelves.
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #6426 on: December 10, 2006, 05:43:56 AM »

I know it's been said like a million times by a million people, but I firmly believe that the silence is a good thing. I mean c'mon to all those sceptics out there, do you seriously believe that after the "announcements" they've made in mainstream media, be it the 14 Tuesdays thing or the this year thing from Axl, they'll leave us with nothin. As far as I see it, it's either gonna drop like a bomb in stores on the 19th (although possibly not in Aus.  no) or there will be some completely devastating announcement on said date about a delay or some other cockup. I don't care what I've read people say here about it can't be done, they have to promote it etc. etc. etc.. If Axl et. al. was gonna cave into the studio  and do it their way, this motherfucker would have been out long ago.

That's what I believe and I'm stickin to it.  ok

an album must be promoted many month before his release.
The sellers must receive the copy at least 1 month before the release date...

This album will NOT BE OUT in december. It can't be.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6427 on: December 10, 2006, 05:52:27 AM »

I know it's been said like a million times by a million people, but I firmly believe that the silence is a good thing. I mean c'mon to all those sceptics out there, do you seriously believe that after the "announcements" they've made in mainstream media, be it the 14 Tuesdays thing or the this year thing from Axl, they'll leave us with nothin. As far as I see it, it's either gonna drop like a bomb in stores on the 19th (although possibly not in Aus.? no) or there will be some completely devastating announcement on said date about a delay or some other cockup. I don't care what I've read people say here about it can't be done, they have to promote it etc. etc. etc.. If Axl et. al. was gonna cave into the studio? and do it their way, this motherfucker would have been out long ago.

That's what I believe and I'm stickin to it.? ok

an album must be promoted many month before his release.
The sellers must receive the copy at least 1 month before the release date...

This album will NOT BE OUT in december. It can't be.

Receive the copy at least 1 month before the release date.... that's not true!

Previously Guns N' Roses records have been announced 1 month prior to the release...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 05:54:40 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6428 on: December 10, 2006, 06:38:50 AM »

If the album has been delayed for whatever reason, they do have a few options to hold the fans over:

They could do any of the following either through gunsnroses.com, iTunes, Napster, etc..

1. "Better" single with two or three live tracks from either Europe or N.A. Hell, throw on live versions of "The Blues", "Madagascar", and "Chinese Democracy" as the digital b-sides.

2. A 3 song single with the FINAL ALBUM VERSIONS of the leaks: Better/IRS/TWAT

3. Just the final album version of "Better" as a standalone.

Any of the 3 would be effective at holding us over for another month or two.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6429 on: December 10, 2006, 06:40:21 AM »

Anyone noticed that the text on amazon.de under Chinese Democracy changed?

Now it says:

Verf?gbarkeit: Dieser Titel ist noch nicht bei Amazon.de erschienen. Gerne benachrichtigen wir Sie per E-Mail, sobald dieser Artikel bestellt werden kann.

Availability: This article is not yet released at amazon.de. We would be pleased to notify you by email as soon as this article can be ordered.

If you click on the email button on the right and login you can actually do that then....
Couple of days ago it said something like article unavailabe or is not in store anymore....

Really dunno if this means anything!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6430 on: December 10, 2006, 06:44:34 AM »

Anyone noticed that the text on amazon.de under Chinese Democracy changed?

Now it says:

Verf?gbarkeit: Dieser Titel ist noch nicht bei Amazon.de erschienen. Gerne benachrichtigen wir Sie per E-Mail, sobald dieser Artikel bestellt werden kann.

Availability: This article is not yet released at amazon.de. We would be pleased to notify you by email as soon as this article can be ordered.

If you click on the email button on the right and login you can actually do that then....
Couple of days ago it said something like article unavailabe or is not in store anymore....

Really dunno if this means anything!

I doubt that its anything to start getting too excited over. But, I will admit, there are a lot of coincidences that have popped up over the last few days. Its no secret that Dec. 19 is the last logical release date left in the year. It won't be out this Tuesday, so let's just say that at this point for all intents and purposes that there's 2 Tuesdays left in 2006, and only one of them is logical.

Just keep your fingers crossed that we're 9 days away from what we've been waiting for.

charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6431 on: December 10, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »

last night i couldn't sleep because i couldn't stop wondering if it was possible to release the album by the 19th. i got to thinking about all the things the band have said about it coming out this year and how we've heard nothing and ... other than the apparent impossibility of getting the cd out a week from this tuesday i still feel like its coming out. but is it even possible? other than itunes? (if they were going to do itunes only first they'd probably have tracks up on their site right now.)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6432 on: December 10, 2006, 07:53:59 AM »

last night i couldn't sleep because i couldn't stop wondering if it was possible to release the album by the 19th. i got to thinking about all the things the band have said about it coming out this year and how we've heard nothing and ... other than the apparent impossibility of getting the cd out a week from this tuesday i still feel like its coming out. but is it even possible? other than itunes? (if they were going to do itunes only first they'd probably have tracks up on their site right now.)

Not necessarily - most new releases don't go up until the day of release. i.e. - it would be on the European iTunes sites on Monday the 18th and then the 19th in the US. And since the iTunes store is more of an application than a website (you need to have iTunes installed to get to the store) - it would be impossible to know if the files were up on there somewhere.

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6433 on: December 10, 2006, 09:20:10 AM »

I honestly believe that this album will drop on either 12/18 or 12/19. But, I do think that it would be funny if it did drop on 12/12. I mean think about it....That would be a really good sneak attack. That day never really was as strongly rumored like other dates had been. It seems the majority of people that do believe it is coming out this year think it'll be on 12/19. That would be pretty cool for tomorrow to come and all of us are thinking we should either be hearing some news or possibly a single by Tuesday and BAM !..... THE ALBUM IS IN THE STORES. Like I said, I believe it's the 19th.. but that would be impressive, especially if it didn't leak at all prior.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6434 on: December 10, 2006, 10:52:52 AM »

Not necessarily - most new releases don't go up until the day of release. i.e. - it would be on the European iTunes sites on Monday the 18th and then the 19th in the US. And since the iTunes store is more of an application than a website (you need to have iTunes installed to get to the store) - it would be impossible to know if the files were up on there somewhere.
i wasn't very clear-- what i meant was if gnr were going to do an electronic release first they (gnr) would probably be willing to put new tracks on the myspace and gunsnroses.com sites. my impression is that they don't want anyone to know/hear anything until the album is out. but that's maybe the problem with my thinking-- i get caught up thinking all the secretism is for secretisms sake and not because they simply aren't ready to put up the tracklist and cover and release date.
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #6435 on: December 10, 2006, 11:12:12 AM »

Hey I was just on the metal sludge board and some guy that is a strong supporter posted this with no source a.k.a. it's probably bullshit but I figured i'd post it anyways:

Everyone knows in in China right now on vacation so im going to make this quick.

I just got off the phone with someone important and was told.

The album cover is a go and it looks great. Expect to see a commercial before the year is over about the Chinese Democracy album. The CD will be out early next year till im noted other wise.

Other good news

bbc.co.uk website

Guns N' Roses show in New York City at the Madison Square Garden was the 7th biggest money making show in the world for November!

After U2, Elton John and Aerosmith concerts!

Crack on the guns all you want I'll be at the bank cashing in.

How has everyone been enjoying the tour so far this year?

The Can is out I'll be back early next year. I just thought I would give the fan's something to keep there head up and in good spirits.

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6436 on: December 10, 2006, 11:14:25 AM »

I smell something...

Yep.

Bullshit.

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #6437 on: December 10, 2006, 11:15:05 AM »

Post about Artwork: (probably bullshit)

you are right.
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6438 on: December 10, 2006, 11:23:31 AM »

anyone any ideas on what the most creditable recent rumour is? 

Don't Damn Me!!
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #6439 on: December 10, 2006, 11:43:58 AM »

anyone any ideas on what the most creditable recent rumour is??

credible rumour?Huh

havnt had one of those since a man on the radio said that the album would definitely be released "fall or late fall"
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: