Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 07:30:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655370 times)
Edward Rose
« Reply #5540 on: December 05, 2006, 02:52:30 PM »

There's also a major difference between the 2002 fiasco and today. The ship floating today is equivelant to The Titanic but with iceberg radar and plenty of life boats. When you see an operation run as tightly as the one I saw, and have seen since June, there's no way this is some kind of cosmic joke against Guns fans. The album is coming... maybe late, but better late than never.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #5541 on: December 05, 2006, 02:53:11 PM »

it would have leaked by now, if it wasw really sittting in stores

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
kopitejohn
« Reply #5542 on: December 05, 2006, 02:53:51 PM »

If 2006 was off you would think they would tell us right?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

I mean they have to know by know if it is possible, I mean come on lets be realalistic, if it was coming out on the 19th that means it is being pressed this week.

#

according to the slovenia rumour it will alrready be pressed won't it? ?all gone a bit quiet about that

Clue me in on the slovenia rumor, I must have missed it

just some guy who reckons someone in a record store opened a box that said "do not open" and it it shone the bright and shiny cases for"cd". ?but nothing heard for the last few hours so obviously bs.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #5543 on: December 05, 2006, 02:54:02 PM »

just another bullshit rumor ...or it would have been confirmed by now .....dosnt take all day to drive 200 km. Poor sap wasted alot of gas money...what a ding bat.

Well technically 400 km, and that's a bit of a journey.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5544 on: December 05, 2006, 02:56:34 PM »

6 hours approx. Which would mean that it could still happen......but nah.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5545 on: December 05, 2006, 02:56:38 PM »

I believe that the 18th is the most feasable date for the release and here's why...

1) Universal is paying for the promotion when/if it happens. I find it slightly coincidental that the 3 dates at the Universal Ampitheater are wrapped around this date. Promotional blitz anyone?

That we don't know. Universal cut off GN'R in 2004. That might be a problem that's being attempted sorted right at this moment.

Regarding the above, didn't Axl recently say the Universal has a lot riding on CD?

Bang Bang

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5546 on: December 05, 2006, 02:57:34 PM »

Don't waste your money. I sure know Universal's hoping they didn't

But that could mean anything really. We know Universal made alot of money on the GH, so I doubt they're pants are shaking all that much.

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5547 on: December 05, 2006, 03:02:06 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I've been looking forward to an album of new GNR material since 91. ?I was in high school then and now I am getting my first gray hairs. ?There is no emoticon to describe how exciting it is to know that I will have it within the next 26 days.

Bang Bang

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5548 on: December 05, 2006, 03:02:15 PM »

If 2006 was off you would think they would tell us right??

I mean they have to know by know if it is possible, I mean come on lets be realalistic, if it was coming out on the 19th that means it is being pressed this week

Why would they tell us? They have known for months this was not going to be released this year, but you think if they had told us in September or October that we all would have been as enthusiastic about buying up concert tickets if we knew for certain we were not going to see an album this year? I know I was more than a little bummed when it became clear I bought tickets thinking I would be hearing new material in late November, and ended up getting a smaller setlist than even the Hammerstein shows I was at.

My case is not unique, but by making me believe CD was coming they got me to buy more tickets to shows, just as they have with many of us. That has been the plan all along. The more we believe, the higher the enthusiasm, the more tickets sold. They will let us down that the album is in fact not coming this year just as the tour is winding down, so it impacts tickets sales and negative publicity as little as possible.

I hope there aren't people on this board dense enough to believe they still weren't sure if they were releasing it in September or October. They were not going to say in mid late Sept., Oct that, "hey, let's release the album next month." Those decisions are made much in advance, as there is alot of logisitcs involved in a release. Bands know many months ahead when they are going to put an album on shelves, and GNR is no different. They just had alot of financial incentive to keep the ruse up for as long as possible.
Edward Rose
« Reply #5549 on: December 05, 2006, 03:02:52 PM »

Does anyone else think we're in a Matrix like scenario, and that the AI machines that have taken over our world feed on some sick combination of hope and disappointment?  Ridiculous, but no more so than most of the rumors on here... ok

With regards to "the powers that be" which have previously been referred to by Axl, you're pretty close. But that's just in MY humble oppinion. And of course, I can't tell you any more about this theory or the black vans will come and get ALL of you to erase your memories  nervous

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:05:24 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
kopitejohn
« Reply #5550 on: December 05, 2006, 03:06:01 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I've been looking forward to an album of new GNR material since 91. ?I was in high school then and now I am getting my first gray hairs. ?There is no emoticon to describe how exciting it is to know that I will have it within the next 26 days.

Bang Bang

feel exactly the same mate.  i was 18 when uyi was out and am now 33.  the excitement is building because i am sure i will have it my hands very soon
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5551 on: December 05, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »

They definitely knew by October that it wasn't going to happen. That's when all the hush hush about certain things began. Think about it, if they knew for certain it was coming out this year, why pull a promotional ad and try and limit the exposure of an article almost confirming an 06 release?

See?

The reason they're not telling us about it is obviously connected to the tour and limitating bad press for as long as possible. Come late 06 we'll hear the "truth".
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:07:48 PM by polluxlm » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5552 on: December 05, 2006, 03:07:19 PM »

They definitely knew by October that it wasn't going to happen. That's when all the hush hush about certain things began. Think about it, if they knew for certain it was coming out this year, why pull a promotional ad and try and limit the exposure of an article almost confirming an 06 release?

See?

I'll admit that the one thing that confuses me still, however, is what happened with the Harley add. Jarmo stated that someone "jumped the gun" at Harley...I bet they used the demo thinking it was the same as the album version after making a deal with GNR to use it once the album was released. Makes sense cuz lets be honest, there was no difference from the one they used and the demo we all have heard.  All things considered, im still gunning for the 18th.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5553 on: December 05, 2006, 03:08:11 PM »

See?

The hush hush began in October you say? ? rofl

Bang Bang

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5554 on: December 05, 2006, 03:09:38 PM »

I'm depressed now, I must get off the net for a few hours.

Talk about being addicted.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5555 on: December 05, 2006, 03:11:10 PM »

See?

I'll admit that the one thing that confuses me still, however, is what happened with the Harley add. Jarmo stated that someone "jumped the gun" at Harley...I bet they used the demo thinking it was the same as the album version after making a deal with GNR to use it once the album was released. Makes sense cuz lets be honest, there was no difference from the one they used and the demo we all have heard.? All things considered, im still gunning for the 18th.

Excuse me? Those two versions aren't the same at all. Take another listen and you'll hear it too.

And big companies like Harley Davidson doesn't jump the gun, atleast not 6 weeks jumping. They have contracts to abide by.

The only thing that makes sense is that GN'R for some reason ( Roll Eyes) didn't want the ad out as scheduled and decided to pull the plug.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5556 on: December 05, 2006, 03:11:58 PM »

See?

Bang Bang

As far as I know we were allowed to discuss statements about the album previous to that, yes.

Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #5557 on: December 05, 2006, 03:15:58 PM »

See?

Bang Bang

As far as I know we were allowed to discuss statements about the album previous to that, yes.

While I've been reading HTGTH since the beginning, I only joined the board recently so I wasn't aware of that.  Danke for pointing it out. ok

I was actually referring to the info coming out of the GNR camp directly.

Bang Bang

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #5558 on: December 05, 2006, 03:16:59 PM »

See?

Bang Bang

While I've been reading HTGTH since the beginning, I only joined the board recently so I wasn't aware of that.? Danke for pointing it out. ok

Bang Bang

Glad he cleared that up for you...

Gang Bang.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5559 on: December 05, 2006, 03:26:28 PM »

Bang Bang

In a way that actually applies too. We got CD statements from February through September, but nothing since.

Which of course doesn't make much sense, considering it should be out any day now.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:28:02 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: