Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 07:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 655358 times)
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #5520 on: December 05, 2006, 01:42:26 PM »

I just got some dvds.... but still have $20 bucks in ?my pocket, reserved for CD.... hopefully they'll get spent this year, not the next...

and hopefully it comes with a bonus dvd with the long making of Chinesse Democracy.... I guess i'd have to lend $5 bucks from someone ?hihi

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5521 on: December 05, 2006, 01:44:46 PM »

I just got some dvds.... but still have $20 bucks in ?my pocket, reserved for CD.... hopefully they'll get spent this year, not the next...

and hopefully it comes with a bonus dvd with the long making of Chinesse Democracy.... I guess i'd have to lend $5 bucks from someone ?hihi

Maybe it's a 3 disc set too hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5522 on: December 05, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »

and hopefully it comes with a bonus dvd with the long making of Chinesse Democracy....

Can you imagine how long the list in the credits would have to be?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5523 on: December 05, 2006, 02:08:47 PM »

If it's a three disc set you guys may never see me on here again. I will lock myself away for a while to listen to it and then follow them on tour as long as the tour goes, and then lock myself away to listen to the cd's again untill the next tour.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5524 on: December 05, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

I believe that the 18th is the most feasable date for the release and here's why...

1) Universal is paying for the promotion when/if it happens. I find it slightly coincidental that the 3 dates at the Universal Ampitheater are wrapped around this date. Promotional blitz anyone?

2) Fall doesnt end until December 21...meaning Axl's promise of a fall/late fall release would still be fulfilled.

3) Merck's "I dont know if there will be any promotion. You may just walk into you record store one tuesday and find it." comments in Rolling Stone would explain why no single or promotional flyers have been put out as of yet. Think about it, if a single was released, we'd be expecting the album to quickly follow. Merck's statement suggests otherwise. They have a plan people, strange as it may be.

4)I believe Merck knew exactly what he was doing when he told Rolling Stone "Theres (insert #) Tuesdays left in the year you'll see it on one of them." Again, suggesting that no single, video, or any other sort of promotion would come prior to the album's release.

Merck knew his statements would be everywhere. He picked his words carefully and wisely, but he did leave clues. But these are just educated guesses. The 18th could come and go with no news for all I know. It just adds up to me. For now, Im stickin with the 18th...
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #5525 on: December 05, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »

I believe that the 18th is the most feasable date for the release and here's why...

1) Universal is paying for the promotion when/if it happens. I find it slightly coincidental that the 3 dates at the Universal Ampitheater are wrapped around this date. Promotional blitz anyone?

2) Fall doesnt end until December 21...meaning Axl's promise of a fall/late fall release would still be fulfilled.

3) Merck's "I dont know if there will be any promotion. You may just walk into you record store one tuesday and find it." comments in Rolling Stone would explain why no single or promotional flyers have been put out as of yet. Think about it, if a single was released, we'd be expecting the album to quickly follow. Merck's statement suggests otherwise. They have a plan people, strange as it may be.

4)I believe Merck knew exactly what he was doing when he told Rolling Stone "Theres (insert #) Tuesdays left in the year you'll see it on one of them." Again, suggesting that no single, video, or any other sort of promotion would come prior to the album's release.

Merck knew his statements would be everywhere. He picked his words carefully and wisely, but he did leave clues. But these are just educated guesses. The 18th could come and go with no news for all I know. It just adds up to me. For now, Im stickin with the 18th...

I think you're wrong.  I too believed in a Dec 19th release date.  But that belief came to an end on Dec 1st.  It has been said that the surprise theory was BS.  And at this point I have given up on a 2006 release.  The only thing I am hoping for now that will keep me following GNR is an announcement for an 07 release. 
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #5526 on: December 05, 2006, 02:21:41 PM »

I believe Merck knew exactly what he was doing ... He picked his words carefully and wisely

or he was talking out of his ass?
Seriously, I hope your theory is right! ok

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #5527 on: December 05, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »

That story about Slovenia entertained me whilst I was eating my Maccy D's.

Slovenia.  Roll Eyes Today's rumor.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5528 on: December 05, 2006, 02:31:10 PM »

That we don't know. Universal cut off GN'R in 2004. That might be a problem that's being attempted sorted right at this moment.

It would, but that doesn't mean the 18th is the most viable date. It just means it's the last possible one. More hope than logic.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: That quote doesn't mean anything. It was a joke.

He sure did, but since it appears plans have changed since then, with high probabillity, I don't know how relevant that line of thought is anymore.

The above apply to this also. However, we can gather some information from it. Merck knew it would be everywhere, and if plans have changed it explains why he tried to cencor it.

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5529 on: December 05, 2006, 02:32:19 PM »

Well I hope your theory is right, and just maybe Mysteron is wrong about it not being a ?suprise release or maybe they are both still accurate and have some kind of short promotion blitz, but time is running out quick or Mysteron is wrong this one time or now he can not recend his comment without giving to much away.

This waiting around shit sucks ass. I have almost 14 days logged on since April waiting for the glimmer of hope. Pathetic but I guess GNR means more to some of us then then we will ever admit.

All is not lost, I still have some hope.

But when the new year bell is rung if no CD is in my hand I will gio back into GNR hibernation until an actual date is set, the anxiety is drivng me crazy. 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:36:15 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #5530 on: December 05, 2006, 02:34:30 PM »

Like I said in another thread.  I think Axl and Merck wants to not remember that thay promised us an album this year.  Hell I think they don't want us to remember that GNR recorded an album.
Edward Rose
« Reply #5531 on: December 05, 2006, 02:34:46 PM »

Plans didn't change. Merck's statements were made after the decision to record Ron and Frank. Read the news stories and dates. The same goes for Merck leaving Sanctuary. The 2006 statements were made after that decision as well.

I'm not saying hang your hat on 12/19/06, I'm just so surprised that internet discussions are constantly ignorant of timelines. This message will scroll off soon, and two pages from now the same idiotic theories will roll on in this thread.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5532 on: December 05, 2006, 02:38:03 PM »

Plans didn't change. Merck's statements were made after the decision to record Ron and Frank. Read the news stories and dates. The same goes for Merck leaving Sanctuary. The 2006 statements were made after that decision as well.

I'm not saying hang your hat on 12/19/06, I'm just so surprised that internet discussions are constantly ignorant of timelines. This message will scroll off soon, and two pages from now the same idiotic theories will roll on in this thread.

How does the removal of the HD ad fit that theory?

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #5533 on: December 05, 2006, 02:40:52 PM »

I may be wrong.  But I think Merck leaving Sanctuary was first talked about in the summer at latest.  Again I could be wrong though.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5534 on: December 05, 2006, 02:41:19 PM »

If 2006 was off you would think they would tell us right?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

I mean they have to know by know if it is possible, I mean come on lets be realalistic, if it was coming out on the 19th that means it is being pressed this week.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5535 on: December 05, 2006, 02:43:41 PM »

I may be wrong.? But I think Merck leaving Sanctuary was first talked about in the summer at latest.? Again I could be wrong though.

No your right that came before the Axl and Merck comments

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
kopitejohn
« Reply #5536 on: December 05, 2006, 02:44:49 PM »

I mean they have to know by know if it is possible, I mean come on lets be realalistic, if it was coming out on the 19th that means it is being pressed this week.

#

according to the slovenia rumour it will alrready be pressed won't it? ?all gone a bit quiet about that
Edward Rose
« Reply #5537 on: December 05, 2006, 02:45:23 PM »

I don't know why, but your post made me remember something from MSG. One of the band members was telling me that there's allot of "unconfirmed" stuff in the gap between December 21st and January 9th.... relating to a conversation about having a nice long vacation around Christmas time. But I walked AWAY from the conversation with the feeling that there was actually album promo stuff planned in that time period.

This is all just FWIW and mostly based on a feeling. And no, I won't say which Gun told me that  smoking

As far as the Harley ad... good question. Might have been Harley.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:47:38 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5538 on: December 05, 2006, 02:47:43 PM »

#

according to the slovenia rumour it will alrready be pressed won't it? ?all gone a bit quiet about that

Clue me in on the slovenia rumor, I must have missed it

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5539 on: December 05, 2006, 02:51:39 PM »

just another bullshit rumor ...or it would have been confirmed by now .....dosnt take all day to drive 200 km. Poor sap wasted alot of gas money...what a ding bat.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: