Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 07:29:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228568 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 656419 times)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5040 on: December 04, 2006, 02:57:56 PM »

I do not blame Merck but his job should be going to Axl and saying look axl this is gonna cause a hell of a backlash to your hardcore fa base lets release a statement here good or bad and be done with it ignoring fans after making claims and promises of a album release date is not cool to just pretend we didn't do that now.The longer this delay statement takes to be released the more pissed off fans they are gonna have.SOme of you guys need to wake up there has been no promo for this cd coming out it will not be out this year Guns has known it for awhile the LEAST they could do is be a man about it and release a statement with whatever lie they wanna put in as a excuse as to why it will not be out this year and be done with it.

couldnt have said it better meself...
why cause a backlash from a psychotically loyal fan base.
this is guaranteed to piss a load of fans off.

What exactly would this backlash involve?

I've heard people question the backlash here. It's bad if GNR pisses off even a small number of hard-core fans. Why is that so hard to understand?

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #5041 on: December 04, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »

I do not blame Merck but his job should be going to Axl and saying look axl this is gonna cause a hell of a backlash to your hardcore fa base lets release a statement here good or bad and be done with it ignoring fans after making claims and promises of a album release date is not cool to just pretend we didn't do that now.The longer this delay statement takes to be released the more pissed off fans they are gonna have.SOme of you guys need to wake up there has been no promo for this cd coming out it will not be out this year Guns has known it for awhile the LEAST they could do is be a man about it and release a statement with whatever lie they wanna put in as a excuse as to why it will not be out this year and be done with it.

I've heard people question the backlash here. It's bad if GNR pisses off even a small number of hard-core fans. Why is that so hard to understand?

I'm not questioning whether "it" is good or bad, but what "it" (the backlash) actually entails.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #5042 on: December 04, 2006, 03:08:31 PM »

They have shown they don't really care about the fans opinion

Yes they did do a tour, but they also did a tour in 2002 which failed miserably.

They know whats going on, just stop bullshitting your fan base, regardless if its online and / or offline.

Set the record straight that hey we lied, the album won't be out this year, we don't know when. Or hey we have a release date of such and such time.

Not this we have 3 Tuesdays left this year guess which one the album will drop.

You don't have to be an "expert" to know they do not have the best management and public relations with the fans.

Its the fans who make you who you are. Not the other way around.

Not many other bands put fans through this kind of bullshit, because they realize the band fan bond and trust, is something that shouldn't be fucked with. You shouldn't treat your fans like shit.

Like I said the tour is good for some fans and some fans don't like the whole lets pretend we are going to release an album when clearly we have no intention this year, or we had an intent to release it but something happened and we failed to inform you because we know you would be pissed. I think well most people would be pissed if they you know do the failed to inform, because it will look like oh they went back on something they said, what a joke or blah blah.

I think its better to say this excuse end of story. Regardless because of toying your fan base around you are going to have negative responses. That shouldn't mean that someone is less of a fan. It just means look they've heard the story and excuses over and over again. We can't talk about what happened in Philly blah blah, the fire marshalls wouldn't let us drink or use pyros, so and so has it out for me... (some real and some not real examples)

At the end of the day the fans make or break you. I don't think you should disrespect your fans, unless of course they are stalkers thats another story.

Anyhow this is my opinion on the issue.

I guess thats why I just went to the NYC gig and not Toronto, cause I've seen a greatest hits band before e.g. The Eagles at the ACC twice, didn't want to see GN'R without an album for the 2nd time in that buildiing. The Eagles at least you know say hey this is whats going on, this is why we don't have an album released yet.

Ciao,

Jimmy

------------
The way I protested the b.s. was buying the record companys Greatest Hits when it came out..

and

i'll be downloading the "new" album if it ever comes out. gotta love Canada!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 03:22:09 PM by Jimmer Jammer » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5043 on: December 04, 2006, 03:11:27 PM »

I agree, and I don't think it's going to be a small group of fans. If you check out many of the other gnr forums, this is the main issue on all of them and the majority of people are already pissed that the album is not out yet and wwe have no official anouncement. This will be very bad for gnr in the long term. They can post comments from tommy telling people to get on board or fuck off, but many people are going to tell the band to fuck off if there is no album soon and tommy and axl and co will continue their "chinese democracy tour" in small clubs to crowds of 200-300 people. The sad part is, tommy can't even say he doesn't care if there are 30,000 or 300 fans, it's all about the music, because there is no new music, for now they are a cover band. I wish them all the best and have always supported them but the way things are going now it looks like they fucked up one too many times and made a big mistake by teasing their diehard fans.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #5044 on: December 04, 2006, 03:12:55 PM »

A friend was just watching Kerrang! and apparantly Axl has said that the album has been postponed until Feb 2007. My mate wouldn't lie when it comes to GNR.
But seeing as the source is Kerrang! it's a case of I'll believe it when I hear it officially....they're the least reliable music mag/tv station/radio station IMO so I couldn't care less about this rumour but I thought I'd share.
Just wondering if anyone else saw this and knows exactly what was said...sorry if someones already beaten me to it

there is that site where it says that DIzzy reed told them it should come out in February? dont know how old/new the sites had that on there tho.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5045 on: December 04, 2006, 03:14:33 PM »

The same people who are pre-lashing the band, the management and axl now?

There's a thread dedicated to them in the dead horse section. Not that I'm very on topic tho.

nah...
dont set the bar to high.

Is that so high?
Honestly I doubt that zep IV would make the top of your list if it as is was released today or in 1987 by an unknown band.

till sometime in 2003 I expected nothing. I didn't know a thing about the album or the band. I had afd and UYI somewhere along with other classic cds like zep ones. I didn't expect anything surprising from those bands.
till I heard the song chinese democracy in which lightning was flashing.

Now I expect a 'Chinese democracy'- killer from GNR.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #5046 on: December 04, 2006, 03:15:34 PM »

Fact is, I think everyone would forgive GNR if they communicated.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5047 on: December 04, 2006, 03:16:41 PM »

@ Jimmer Jammer: Amen!

The day will come on which Axl and Merck will regret treating the true fans like idiots. Fuck you

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5048 on: December 04, 2006, 03:18:25 PM »

I'll be happy if it is released in february. To me it's clear that something went wrong and that is why we have got a delay. I can wait for a few months, february is better then no CD!!

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #5049 on: December 04, 2006, 03:22:49 PM »

The day will come on which Axl and Merck will regret treating the true fans like idiots. Fuck you

Some of the true fans here should be acting more like true fans.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5050 on: December 04, 2006, 03:24:52 PM »

Why does everyone seem to love GNR so much that they fucking hate them and everything they do?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5051 on: December 04, 2006, 03:25:59 PM »

Mysteron - your comment is understood, but you also have to admit there is a reason for us to be a little frustrated by the lack of communication.  Can we expect to hear something about CD soon (good, bad, or indeifferent)?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #5052 on: December 04, 2006, 03:27:35 PM »

I think it would be the first thing he would do, if he could, or knew.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5053 on: December 04, 2006, 03:28:25 PM »

I propose that the act of getting overexcited by anything Merck says about Chinese Democracy should be called Mercking off....

i second that

HAHA

/quit mercking off
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5054 on: December 04, 2006, 03:28:34 PM »

It seems as if they don't even care if they piss off their fanbase. It's kinda like "We got your money (from the tour), now FUCK OFF!"

If we get a statement, i don't expect it until the current leg of the tour is over. I expect they'll try to shift the blame to someone/something else.

I hope after Jan 1st people are smart enough to quit falling for this shit ( i know i won't fall for it again), and i hope attendance at shows dwindles down. Axl needs to learn that it's the fans that put his ass where it is.

Tommy Stinson , well, my only comment to him would be " Tell Axl to put out an album or fuck off".
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #5055 on: December 04, 2006, 03:28:40 PM »

Why does everyone seem to love GNR so much that they fucking hate them and everything they do?

Damn good question. I never realized how miserable rock'n'roll made people before the internet existed in this form.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5056 on: December 04, 2006, 03:28:45 PM »

Dude what do you expect. You really think we're stupid marionettes that applaude everything that's given to us? Forget that, you can tell Merck that.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« Reply #5057 on: December 04, 2006, 03:31:45 PM »

Let me preface this by saying that I am an active member of this board. I've been a fan since 1992. I care about this band and I love, love, love the new songs. But... how can you say something like this? What more is expected of us? Patience? More of our money? Our silence? I'm not trying to instigate an argument, Mysteron. I really just don't know why criticism in the face of indifference and disrespect should be unacceptable.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #5058 on: December 04, 2006, 03:34:59 PM »

Let me preface this by saying that I am an active member of this board. I've been a fan since 1992. I care about this band and I love, love, love the new songs. But... how can you say something like this? What more is expected of us? Patience? More of our money?

Did you pay for your copy of Chinese Democracy already?

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #5059 on: December 04, 2006, 03:35:58 PM »

I am guessing that was somehow directed at me, Mysterons comment and other fans.

I do respect Mysteron, I appreciated what he did for the Hammerstein show. I have had differences, that Boston thing...

Regardless, I don't think I need to prove I am a fan. But I will...

I bought

Appetite for Destruction (HMV)
Lies (HMV)
Use Your Illusions I & II (HMV)
November Rain Single (Virgin store at Disney World)
TSI (HMV)
Live Era (HMV)
Greatest Hits (Music World)

Saw them at the ACC in 2002 & Hammerstein in 2006.

I am voicing my displeasure with the band regards to the we have an album, we don't have an album released this year thing.

I think it is important that you always question things, and you just don't accept blind faith with some issues.

- Jimmer

Fuck All Y'all
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: