Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 10:19:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228576 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 657771 times)
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4540 on: November 30, 2006, 01:17:15 PM »

Since it is the CD release date rumor thread, and we don't have a release date yet, in no way is it "dead horse".

Edit: You beat me to it
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #4541 on: November 30, 2006, 01:28:13 PM »

I think it's becoming generally accepted that we're not going to hear anything more about Chinese Democracy from the GNR camp until the tour has finished. And I think we all know why that is - they know that the misinformation that was previously spread will lead to a backlash.

Chinese Democracy simply isn't scheduled for release and never was. Universal told us as much.

Why do people continually post things like this.

It's not "generally accepted" by anyone that the album isn't coming out when the tour is finished. Also there was never a confirmed source at Universal saying the album isn't and never was scheduled for this year.

I said it's becoming generally accepted. It's just going to take the likes of you a little longer to catch up to what the GNR camp has been playing at. At no stage over the last year has Chinese Democracy officially been scheduled for release, and the Universal spokesperson claimed the company has received no material. We've been wasting hours, nae days, of our lives on here being led astray.

We'll forgive everyone involved, and because of that there's a good chance they'll continue to fuck us over throughout 2007 and beyond as well.
newman
Opening Act

« Reply #4542 on: November 30, 2006, 01:33:43 PM »

I think this article could be viewed as a not so good sign the album may not be coming this year or that they have any expectations for it......they mention 50, Em and Mariah, but no mention of CD.

Universal Music sees record profits in 2007

By Yinka Adegoke

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Universal Music Group Chief Executive Doug Morris said Tuesday he expects 2007 to be a banner year as new albums from top-selling artists hit the market and digital revenues start to contribute new income.

Morris said he expected the world's largest music company, owned by French media giant Vivendi, to post its best-ever revenue and profit in 2007, even as CD sales continue to decrease at a rate that is difficult to forecast.

"You can see there are myriad streams of income starting to come into the record companies," Morris told the Reuters Media Summit. "We're going to make money from MySpace, we're going to make money from YouTube, we're going to make money from Zune ... we will make a tremendous amount of money from telephones."

Since the late 1990s, the music industry has struggled with falling CD sales due to pirated music and the growing popularity of digital media players like Apple Computer Inc.'s market-leading iPod.

Record labels have argued that they should have a bigger share of online music growth, such as getting a slice of sales of digital music players or related online advertising.

Universal scored an industry first this month when it struck a deal with Microsoft Corp. to receive a fee for every Zune digital player sold. The Zune, launched on Nov. 14, is Microsoft's answer to the iPod.

Morris said Tuesday that Universal may try to negotiate with Apple for a similar royalty fee for the iPod when their next round of negotiations commence in early 2007.

"It would be a nice idea. We have a negotiation coming up not too far. I don't see why we wouldn't do that ... but maybe not in the same way," he said, when asked if Universal would want to replicate the Zune deal with Apple.

He also said Universal may seek similar agreements with manufacturers of cell phones equipped with music players.

"If we had enough leverage to get it, absolutely. It depends how much they want it," he said. Universal accounts for about a third of all music sales in the United States, according to data from Nielsen's SoundScan.

DEATH OF THE ALBUM?

As the music industry considers new business models to cope with a fast-changing marketplace, Morris said Universal regularly talks to artists about recording deals that do not include the traditional album.

"We try and do that all the time but artists have a different perception of themselves," he said. "I'd much rather make a singles deal and put it out and have their best work or three or four cuts or five cuts."

"But artists have a great deal of respect for themselves and want to do a body of work and, if they can, get the deal to make an album."

He said Universal Music will benefit hugely from new albums from its top artists such as Eminem, 50 Cent and Mariah Carey.

"I think that next year we're going to have our best year," Morris said. "I think our revenues and our profits will be the best we've ever had."

http://stocks.usatoday.com/custom/usatoday-com/html-story.asp?guid=%7B66A63C61%2D7A2F%2D47FF%2D8E29%2DDF5292B74C6D%7D
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #4543 on: November 30, 2006, 01:40:04 PM »

I am still optimistic. Why are many of you stating that the album CAN NOT be released on the 19th or the 26th?

I remember Jimmy Iovine released one of Jay Z's biggest albums on a December 26th because he wanted the artist to have the 1st number one album of the new year.

peace

Because Merc has already said that it will be out on the Monday before the Tuesay in Europe. Something tells me that they won't be able to release an album in Europe on Christmas Day as all the stores will be closed.
 ok

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4544 on: November 30, 2006, 01:42:46 PM »

I am still optimistic. Why are many of you stating that the album CAN NOT be released on the 19th or the 26th?

I remember Jimmy Iovine released one of Jay Z's biggest albums on a December 26th because he wanted the artist to have the 1st number one album of the new year.

peace

Because Merc has already said that it will be out on the Monday before the Tuesay in Europe. Something tells me that they won't be able to release an album in Europe on Christmas Day as all the stores will be closed.
 ok

It's very possible that you're reading too much into his statement, and it was merely an indication that it was not being "specially pre-released" in the US before Europe.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #4545 on: November 30, 2006, 01:48:58 PM »

peace

ok

It's very possible that you're reading too much into his statement, and it was merely an indication that it was not being "specially pre-released" in the US before Europe.

Albums come out on Mondays in Europe.
Albums come out on Tuesdays in North America.
Merc has said that Chinese Democracy will be released this way too.
Not sure how I could read to much into that?
 Huh

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4546 on: November 30, 2006, 01:50:12 PM »

I believe the exact question was "Will CD be available in Europe before it's available in the Sates", or something equally as non-specific.

I believe Merck's answer was "Yes".

I believe, IF it were released on the 26th, that statement would still be true...by a few hours, at least.  Smiley

Which is not to say it IS true...only that it could be.

Edit: Albums come out on Monday in Europe EXCEPT for that one date: The 25th of December.  On that date, albums come out on the same day (the 26th) in both places...though Europe will get them first by virtue of being in an earlier time zone.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4547 on: November 30, 2006, 01:53:34 PM »

I believe the exact question was "Will CD be available in Europe before it's available in the Sates", or something equally as non-specific.

I believe, IF it were released on the 26th, that statement would still be true...by a few hours, at least.? Smiley

Edit: Albums come out on Monday in Europe EXCEPT for that one date: The 25th of December.? On that date, albums come out on the same day (the 26th) in both places...though Europe will get them first by virtue of being in an earlier time zone.

Exactly.

Thank you.

EDIT:And they come out in the UK on Monday.   Germany I believe is Friday.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:55:56 PM by Howard2k » Logged

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #4548 on: November 30, 2006, 01:54:15 PM »

CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....CD ALERT....
The biggest thing to hit the earths shores on Boxing day since 2004!

SOON AREN'T WE

The words that just won't go away.....is this crypic message behind the release, after all nobody saw the tsunami coming either....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #4549 on: November 30, 2006, 02:04:11 PM »

?
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #4550 on: November 30, 2006, 02:07:08 PM »

I believe, IF it were released on the 26th, that statement would still be true...by a few hours, at least.? Smiley

Edit: Albums come out on Monday in Europe EXCEPT for that one date: The 25th of December.? On that date, albums come out on the same day (the 26th) in both places...though Europe will get them first by virtue of being in an earlier time zone.

theoretically, the album will be in the States before it's available in the States as well.  damn those Merckanisms!!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4551 on: November 30, 2006, 02:39:57 PM »

It is also possible that the CD was scheduled to come out (I hate the term "drop") on the 21st Nov, or 28th Nov, or some other Tuesday, but because of unknown (to us) reasons, it had to be moved (yet again). So a 26th Dec is still very possible (if very unlikely) whatever Merck said in the past..
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #4552 on: November 30, 2006, 02:41:29 PM »

what if the album was released on itunes store like the 19th the the physical album came out later... i believe other artists have done things like this.

peace out

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4553 on: November 30, 2006, 02:44:07 PM »

what if the album was released on itunes store like the 19th the the physical album came out later... i believe other artists have done things like this.

peace out

I would be extremely happy with that
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4554 on: November 30, 2006, 02:48:14 PM »

peace out

as would I.

Niko
Rocker

« Reply #4555 on: November 30, 2006, 02:50:33 PM »

peace out

as would I.

same here, but i really want to have the real thing
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #4556 on: November 30, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/#/news/articles/1546813/20061129/guns_n_roses.jhtml

Check it out. Not too much of anything new but interesting none the less.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4557 on: November 30, 2006, 02:59:50 PM »

I'm willing to agree with at least some of that article. Sometimes I wonder if the best thing he could do is never release it, just move on and put out something else entirely. A good part of the hype of Chinese Democracy is the fact that we've known about it for at least 7 years and have yet to actually hear it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4558 on: November 30, 2006, 03:00:58 PM »

post the damn thing here, don't wanna open another window rofl
Edward Rose
« Reply #4559 on: November 30, 2006, 03:06:38 PM »

That was the most aggrivating fucking web page I've ever had to down-click through. I hate MTV, and this is just one reason why.

Good article though. At least it brings up the good points of how it could still happen. Axl's bling and the no need for promotion "Famous" aspect of the anticipated album, etc., etc.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: