Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 06:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228582 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 658635 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4120 on: November 26, 2006, 10:54:29 PM »

The right thing for mgmt to do is set the record straight as to whether a 2006 release is still happening or not.

Not going to happen when they are still on tour. I would not be surprised in the least if their way of promoting the tour was to leak those stories about a potential Nov 21 release date as a means of generating some semblence of fan interest to hopefully increase concert ticket sales.

If they had been clear all year that they were touring and we would not be seeing CD for sure, then attendence might have been worse than it already was. After the tour is completed they will make up some sort of story as to why we don't have an album, and then it won't have any affect on ticket sales.

Dude stop making shit up! The album is/was suppose to come out before the end of the year. We all know that allready. They didnt make it up just to sell anything. They had/have a plan to release it and they will as soon as they possibly can.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4121 on: November 26, 2006, 10:54:54 PM »

He has no reason to make up shit just for the sake of making it up. You know this just as well as I do...

His sake for making it up is hawking as many concert tickets as is possible. This and the European tours this summer with no album have proven to be nothing but a big cash grab. His reason is to potentially mislead is that a stone cold denial of the album's release this year would have created tremendous pessimism among the fan base, and maybe the general public. People would then be less enthusiastic about buying tickets, which takes money right out of his pocket.

So he more than anyone has it in his best interest to make people believe the album was coming out because he stood to financially benefit most even if it didn't.
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #4122 on: November 26, 2006, 10:55:15 PM »

no one has answered my previous post asking where the last releases were printed..... ? rant ?rant ?rant does anyone know?? Huh?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4123 on: November 26, 2006, 11:12:05 PM »

Mysteron's last word on the situation....

"As far as everyone knows, the record is coming out this year. If anything changes, people will be informed."

Not sure what you are referring to.

RR
I was going to post his quote saying there wont be a surprise release, but its been deleted.

Maybe Mysteron has been mis-informed?

Yeah - Mysteron - the guy with the proven track record was misinformed and the ridiculous Internet rumour (surprise release) with no factual or logical basis whatsoever was right.? ?I don't think so.

Looks like Mysteron's proven record has been put to the test! Grin

You mean regarding the surprise release?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4124 on: November 26, 2006, 11:14:09 PM »

No, that's just wishfull speculation. Not only was Mysteron right about it not being a surprise release, but all the evidence points towards it aswell.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4125 on: November 26, 2006, 11:18:02 PM »

No, that's just wishfull speculation. Not only was Mysteron right about it not being a surprise release, but all the evidence points towards it aswell.

Exactly.  The surprise release was one of many dumb theories that someone came up with and everyone threw around as fact.

What leaks??
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #4126 on: November 26, 2006, 11:20:32 PM »

"As far as everyone knows, the record is coming out this year. If anything changes, people will be informed."

RR
I was going to post his quote saying there wont be a surprise release, but its been deleted.

Yeah - Mysteron - the guy with the proven track record was misinformed and the ridiculous Internet rumour (surprise release) with no factual or logical basis whatsoever was right.? ?I don't think so.

About the release in 2006'
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4127 on: November 26, 2006, 11:30:14 PM »

RR

About the release in 2006'

Ah ok - I misunderstood your original post.  But you're still correct - it will be put to the test (his statement re 2005 release).

What leaks??
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4128 on: November 26, 2006, 11:41:39 PM »

I have supported this band for many years and have been visiting this board often as soon as I had discovered it.  When posts and threads about articles and commercials kept disappearing, I understood that it was a matter of respect to the band, a band that I love.

When someone complains about no release date or that Axl owes us an album, there seems to be a (somewhat unwarranted) vehement backlash at them.  I see nothing wrong with demanding a release date: as we the fans respect the band, so they should also show respect to us and let us know what is going on, or at least a vague timeline.  It wasn't unreasonable to censor certain information on this board, and neither is it unreasonable for management to at least give us some updated information on CD, being as we are all hardcore fans and love the band, even when criticizing it or the methods by which it seems to give out information (press releases, website, etc.)

Simply put, as a matter of respect, if the album is coming out this year it would be nice to be told.  On the same token, if 2007 is the year of CD, we should be told that.  I'm glad the shows are going well and people are having fun, and I'm sorry for many people becoming disillusioned with the way things are happening lately.  I apologize if it seems like I'm arguing the same points many other people do, but I see why they do, and I feel how they feel.  I have no idea whether they'll get the album out in 2006, 07, 08... but I hope we learn something about the album soon through official channels.

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4129 on: November 26, 2006, 11:48:01 PM »

I have supported this band for many years and have been visiting this board often as soon as I had discovered it.? When posts and threads about articles and commercials kept disappearing, I understood that it was a matter of respect to the band, a band that I love.

When someone complains about no release date or that Axl owes us an album, there seems to be a (somewhat unwarranted) vehement backlash at them.? I see nothing wrong with demanding a release date: as we the fans respect the band, so they should also show respect to us and let us know what is going on, or at least a vague timeline.? It wasn't unreasonable to censor certain information on this board, and neither is it unreasonable for management to at least give us some updated information on CD, being as we are all hardcore fans and love the band, even when criticizing it or the methods by which it seems to give out information (press releases, website, etc.)

Simply put, as a matter of respect, if the album is coming out this year it would be nice to be told.? On the same token, if 2007 is the year of CD, we should be told that.? I'm glad the shows are going well and people are having fun, and I'm sorry for many people becoming disillusioned with the way things are happening lately.? I apologize if it seems like I'm arguing the same points many other people do, but I see why they do, and I feel how they feel.? I have no idea whether they'll get the album out in 2006, 07, 08... but I hope we learn something about the album soon through official channels.

that's a very well written post! That's all we want, some info as to when we should expect the cd.I'm tired of people saying that we don't deserve any statement and we should shut up, because this was caused directly by the band. If they didn't state that it was coming out in 2006, and then follow that up with absolutely no promotion or further comment as 2006 runs out, then people wouldn't be asking for any statements, period!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #4130 on: November 26, 2006, 11:58:28 PM »

speaking of Mysteron, what happened to his latest posts from a few days ago? ?

Deleted.

One of them did say that he has no idea on the status of the album but assumes it shouldn't be too far away from being released.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #4131 on: November 27, 2006, 12:09:07 AM »

speaking of Mysteron, what happened to his latest posts from a few days ago? ?

Deleted.

One of them did say that he has no idea on the status of the album but assumes it shouldn't be too far away from being released.

In what, real time or Guns N' Roses years Roll Eyes...By the way, I heard the sun is going to burn itself out in the "near" future!
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4132 on: November 27, 2006, 12:47:36 AM »

I have supported this band for many years and have been visiting this board often as soon as I had discovered it.  When posts and threads about articles and commercials kept disappearing, I understood that it was a matter of respect to the band, a band that I love.

When someone complains about no release date or that Axl owes us an album, there seems to be a (somewhat unwarranted) vehement backlash at them.  I see nothing wrong with demanding a release date: as we the fans respect the band, so they should also show respect to us and let us know what is going on, or at least a vague timeline.  It wasn't unreasonable to censor certain information on this board, and neither is it unreasonable for management to at least give us some updated information on CD, being as we are all hardcore fans and love the band, even when criticizing it or the methods by which it seems to give out information (press releases, website, etc.)

Simply put, as a matter of respect, if the album is coming out this year it would be nice to be told.  On the same token, if 2007 is the year of CD, we should be told that.  I'm glad the shows are going well and people are having fun, and I'm sorry for many people becoming disillusioned with the way things are happening lately.  I apologize if it seems like I'm arguing the same points many other people do, but I see why they do, and I feel how they feel.  I have no idea whether they'll get the album out in 2006, 07, 08... but I hope we learn something about the album soon through official channels.

Well... looks like this covered my point.  However, I'd like to mention that people need to realize that we're all looking for CD to come out, and don't take this the wrong way, but look how much he had to "cover his bases" in order to hopefully avoid the same backlash he's talking about.

CD is people's hopes.  I know it's tough when someone messes with your hopes and has speculation, and I know some "hard core" fans want to always support the band no matter what the statement, but please know that GNR is a band of PEOPLE and those people can make mistakes and can use some criticism. 

I agree in that we shouldn't be left in the dark.  We were all told that the album is coming out this year and with the way things are unfolding we should expect to be given some sort of statement.
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #4133 on: November 27, 2006, 01:05:20 AM »

I want to rub it in people's faces who are all, "Its not this year, so now what" when the album does come out in December. Odds are, I won't get that chance, but I hope I do.

Trust me.  I HOPE you get the chance to rub it in my face as far as CD being released this year.  But as of now.  All signs are pointing to you being on the same boat that we will.  Being disappointed.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #4134 on: November 27, 2006, 01:28:39 AM »

I think in the next couple of weeks management has got to throw us a bone and let us know something.? I'm pretty sure that they have aquired some new fans along the way whose interest in the release of this album is high.? 2006 has been a VERY suspenseful year, I'd like it to end on a high note.? Also, it was mentioned in an earlier post, the first couple of months of the new year is a shitty time to put out a record...no one has the money after the holidays!!!

Think of how many Tuesdays there are in 2007!? crying confused nervous Huh

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
TheMole
« Reply #4135 on: November 27, 2006, 02:49:15 AM »

What I don't get is why they don't just put out a tide-me-over single. Like they did in the Illusion days with YCBM. I mean, that was pretty big on MTV and worked out great. Throw us a bone indeed, throw us IRS or something.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #4136 on: November 27, 2006, 03:11:36 AM »

What I don't get is why they don't just put out a tide-me-over single. Like they did in the Illusion days with YCBM. I mean, that was pretty big on MTV and worked out great. Throw us a bone indeed, throw us IRS or something.

A new single with two NEW b-sides would tide me over for a couple of months.  I could probably even live with one new song as a b-side and a live song from the '06 tour...

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #4137 on: November 27, 2006, 04:03:42 AM »

[quote
Think of how many Tuesdays there are in 2007!? crying confused nervous Huh

Not enough I'm guessing!
Saboteur
« Reply #4138 on: November 27, 2006, 04:52:52 AM »

I want to rub it in people's faces who are all, "Its not this year, so now what" when the album does come out in December. Odds are, I won't get that chance, but I hope I do.

Trust me.? I HOPE you get the chance to rub it in my face as far as CD being released this year.? But as of now.? All signs are pointing to you being on the same boat that we will.? Being disappointed.

Cd will not be realeased this year. It's confirmed by Universal.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #4139 on: November 27, 2006, 04:54:24 AM »

Trust me.? I HOPE you get the chance to rub it in my face as far as CD being released this year.? But as of now.? All signs are pointing to you being on the same boat that we will.? Being disappointed.

Cd will not be realeased this year. It's confirmed by Universal.

noone confirmed anything.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: