Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:24:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 647045 times)
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #3460 on: November 21, 2006, 07:42:32 AM »

Axl is not a liar, so he would never consciously do that. If the year goes by without the album it doesn't make him a liar, but it makes him very unreliable.

How do you know he isn't a liar?

I don't know it as a fact, but I know alot about him and he's never struck me as a guy who lies. Distortion of truth, yes, but not conscious lies.

Same thing

Just because it's more implicit, doesn't make intentions any different (to mislead).

One is called "lying", the other "distortion of truth", but either way, the outcomes are the same, which are to lead people to believe what the ordinarily would not be inclined to.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3461 on: November 21, 2006, 07:45:14 AM »

It's not the same thing at all. They have similarities, like the result, but they are not the same.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3462 on: November 21, 2006, 07:48:11 AM »

It's not the same thing at all. They have similarities, like the result, but they are not the same.
By definition, no, but their intentions are both to mislead, therefore, why is one more acceptable than the other?

In my view, it is not.

I think that if he is doing this, and any truth emerges to suggest he has, he will sink, along with his album.

Again, just a guess as to why he said it's out this year.

Hopefully it will be!
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #3463 on: November 21, 2006, 07:48:25 AM »

Axl is not a liar, so he would never consciously do that. If the year goes by without the album it doesn't make him a liar, but it makes him very unreliable.
how does that not make him a fucking liar? he said the album would be out this year, many times. if it doesnt come out this year, then he lied. didnt you get through elementary school?
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3464 on: November 21, 2006, 07:49:46 AM »

how does that not make him a fucking liar? he said the album would be out this year, many times. if it doesnt come out this year, then he lied. didnt you get through elementary school?
Slightly more blunt way of saying what i was thinking...... Smiley
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3465 on: November 21, 2006, 07:57:47 AM »

Axl quote from GN'R Lies cover : Have you ever been banned or censored by a relatively small group of people claiming to be a majority with self-righteous and dangerous motives ?
 hihi

I'll download it !
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3466 on: November 21, 2006, 07:59:57 AM »

Axl quote from GN'R Lies cover : Have you ever been banned or censored by a relatively small group of people claiming to be a majority with self-righteous and dangerous motives ?
 hihi
Kind of ironic now...

Seeing that (apparently) his management communicate with the organisers of this forum and .er.. "monitor" it for "accuracy"
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3467 on: November 21, 2006, 08:02:36 AM »

How do you know he isn't a liar?

I don't know it as a fact, but I know alot about him and he's never struck me as a guy who lies. Distortion of truth, yes, but not conscious lies.

he has lied many times.... mostly about this stupid album.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3468 on: November 21, 2006, 08:03:05 AM »

By definition, no, but their intentions are both to mislead, therefore, why is one more acceptable than the other?

In my view, it is not.

I think that if he is doing this, and any truth emerges to suggest he has, he will sink, along with his album.

Again, just a guess as to why he said it's out this year.

Hopefully it will be!

Ok, I might have to detract my statement on "distortion". What I meant to say is that Axl could distort the truth, but not by intent. He himself probably thinks of it as true, an illusion one might say, but that doesn't mean he means to lie. One can even argue that the "lie" isn't even a lie depending on the view one posesses.

Example: Slash claims Axl destroyed the band, Axl claims the others were the reason.

Now, that doesn't nescessarely make any of them liars, does it?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3469 on: November 21, 2006, 08:05:29 AM »

I don't even want to answer such ignorant attacks, but I guess somebody has to.

If you promise to meet me at 6, but you get run down by a car on the way and you don't make it. You a liar then?

joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3470 on: November 21, 2006, 08:05:55 AM »

A lie is when the truth is intentionally distorted / reversed, in order to reach the desired outcome.

If Axl BELIEVED that the breakup was due to them, he was not lying, he percieved the situation in a different way than those that believe the opposite.

madagas
« Reply #3471 on: November 21, 2006, 08:06:01 AM »

Axl has always been unreliable. Period. End of discussion. If the album doesn't come out this year, it is just another example of this. As far as the censorship thing, it is obvious management does NOT want anyone to have any idea about the record release plans. I am sure this is to help with leaks. They are censoring this board because other parties come here to pick up rumors and tidbits of info. They don't want any unsubstantiated rumors spread. Simple as that. I guess we are at a critical juncture-otherwise, they wouldn't give a shit. Calm down. Cool
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3472 on: November 21, 2006, 08:07:26 AM »

A lie is when the truth is intentionally distorted / reversed, in order to reach the desired outcome.

If Axl BELIEVED that the breakup was due to them, he was not lying, he percieved the situation in a different way than those that believe the opposite.

Exactly, so why does CD not out in 06 equal Axl is a liar?

TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3473 on: November 21, 2006, 08:07:35 AM »

hihi
Kind of ironic now...

Seeing that (apparently) his management communicate with the organisers of this forum and .er.. "monitor" it for "accuracy"

The management should stop spending their time worrying about the 'inaccurate' things people are saying on message boards and give the users some 'accurate' information to discuss instead.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3474 on: November 21, 2006, 08:08:48 AM »

hihi
Kind of ironic now...

The management should stop spending their time worrying about the 'inaccurate' things people are saying on message boards and give the users some 'accurate' information to discuss instead.

very true....   Looked like they had the idea when the webpage was starting to take shape...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #3475 on: November 21, 2006, 08:09:57 AM »

i really wonder why the big announcement/surprise of today was pushed back. ?If it was because today was the original album release date and their plans were thwarted - then it must have been something quite big. ?I dont see how the Harley Ad or Rolling stone article would have been previewed by the majority of regular people. ?Surely only those who regularly read/post at GnR sites would have seen these and thats not enough to stop an album momentum, surely??
i believe its all in hand and all will become clear.
I do not believe axl is a liar, at all. ?even if it doesnt come out this year, sometimes things are out of a person's control, shit does happen.

stay positive. ?ok
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3476 on: November 21, 2006, 08:11:56 AM »

Exactly, so why does CD not out in 06 equal Axl is a liar?

Because unlike the perception of circumstances, which are open to opinion, the release date of an album (HIS album), for which he has total control, is not a matter of two parties' opinions, it's just his decision.

Therefore, i am more inclined to believe that he may have been lieing for corporate gain if it doesn't come out this year.

Although you could be right in suggesting that there could be pitfalls out of his control, but seeing he can get away with wasting millions of pounds (dollars, even) on the album, i seriously doubt that he can viably plead that he had "no control" over why it didn't / doesn't release
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #3477 on: November 21, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »

I don't even want to answer such ignorant attacks, but I guess somebody has to.

If you promise to meet me at 6, but you get run down by a car on the way and you don't make it. You a liar then?

ok, if axl fucking dies today, and doesn't release the album in 2006, then id say he has a good fucking reason why the album isn't out. but as of right now, he is alive and well, and if he still is on jan 1st 2007, and the album is not in my hands, then he has some serious explaining to do.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3478 on: November 21, 2006, 08:16:16 AM »

It didn't say it was any good reason, but it's not a lie either. Axl is in many ways a sick human being, and they tend to do things normal persons have a hard time comprehending.

joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3479 on: November 21, 2006, 08:19:24 AM »

It didn't say it was any good reason, but it's not a lie either. Axl is in many ways a sick human being, and they tend to do things normal persons have a hard time comprehending.

Is there ANY situation where you won't try to blindly defend or justify his actions?

You know, he could just be trying to make some money, with little consideration to anybody....

I'm not saying he is trying to do this, but come on, do you really have to try to interpret his actions on some 'higher level' like "he is a sick human being". 'we don't understand him' blah blah blah.

Could it just be that he is lieing? (or "distorting the truth", which seems to be a lot more acceptable to you...)
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: