Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 647033 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3440 on: November 21, 2006, 06:48:51 AM »

We'll find out on this forum for sure. ?

It'll be at least 2 seconds before it gets replicated to another forum. ? ?

November 28th 09:00 vs Novmber 28th 09:02.
THAT's gotta make all the censorship worthwhile.

Kudos to Brett for putting his arse on the line. ?I hope he's right (28th) but I'd almost be willing to make the same bet that he's wrong.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3441 on: November 21, 2006, 06:53:49 AM »

Probabilities of CD being released :

Nov 28th : 20 %

Dec 5th : 20 %

Dec 12th : 15 %

Dec 19th : 5 %

Dec 26th : 1 %

Not being released this year : 39 %

Haha, that's funny. What do you base the numbers on?
I've got a friend who is Professor at Massachussetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He entered all the datums in his computer and that's the result. Grin

I'll download it !
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #3442 on: November 21, 2006, 06:57:25 AM »

Well, I'm just relieved that some of you poor things can finally be put out of your misery now, knowing what the rest of us knew weeks ago: that Chinese Democracy isn't coming out today.

Welcome to the club. We've been expecting you!? ok

You didn't know weeks ago that CD wasn't coming out today.

yes we did.... just coz you didnt doesnt mean the rest of the board didnt...

bullsh*t, you didn't know sh*t, none of us know when it is or isn't coming out - it's stupid speculating
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3443 on: November 21, 2006, 07:00:07 AM »

Jesus, when it's gonna stop?

"...It don't really matter..."
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #3444 on: November 21, 2006, 07:02:43 AM »

Well, I'm just relieved that some of you poor things can finally be put out of your misery now, knowing what the rest of us knew weeks ago: that Chinese Democracy isn't coming out today.

bullsh*t, you didn't know sh*t, none of us know when it is or isn't coming out - it's stupid speculating

Merck already said that the 21st was the wrong tuesday

just stop now.....
ben9785
« Reply #3445 on: November 21, 2006, 07:05:42 AM »

please guys come on stop.
we don't have any idea when it's coming out
nothing has been confirmed by the band. we've heard contrary reports in rolling stone, other online publications, sirius radio or whatever, but ultimately, only GNR and their extremely inner circle have any idea whats going on with the cd. there's no need to blast another person unless of course they are a bit too unreasonable or just..yeah..stupid. but nobody knows. theres a chance of the dates read around might be right, but it may end up being more coincidence, well there aren't that many possible 'tuesdays' left in the year anyway. unless they've taken somebody in GNR's circle hostage and demanded info, or paid ridiculous amounts of money for exclusive details, i don't think they'd get any more credible information than we would. i really think if anybody was going to find out details of the release of the album, it would probably be us first, whether that is a direct statement from Merck, or information leaked out, etc

well that's all for another day for me. i'm sure ill be back at some point tomorrow to follow this up again. hopefully some better news then hey. for now, goodbye
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:09:22 AM by ben114 » Logged
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #3446 on: November 21, 2006, 07:12:32 AM »

It's obvious at some point that yes something was to happen today but it has been pushed back such as the album being released. Probably the same goes for the 28th after today's release date was pushed back. They'll tell us when it's coming, until then we have to wade through all the bullshit that gets pushed on here.

Oh she's a cornshucker!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3447 on: November 21, 2006, 07:12:47 AM »

Of course we do. ?We KNOW it's not coming out today. ? Most of us knew the 21st wasn't the date a while ago. ? Some were blinded by "surprise release" theories or "my gf's uncle-dad works at a record store" rumours etc.

But critical analysis of the information show's that it's (obviously) not coming out on the 21st and it's exceptionally unlikely to hit the stores on the 28th. ? ?Or any day this year for that matter. ?

What leaks??
TheMole
« Reply #3448 on: November 21, 2006, 07:12:53 AM »

only GNR and their extremely inner circle have any idea whats going on with the cd

Well, no, not really. If CD is comming out this year, it has to be manufactured. You don't make 500k discs in a day you know. There has to be an order for the printing the artwork, etc... Maybe the stores don't know yet, but at least some people involved in production need to know more by now.
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #3449 on: November 21, 2006, 07:17:41 AM »

only GNR and their extremely inner circle have any idea whats going on with the cd

Well, no, not really. If CD is comming out this year, it has to be manufactured. You don't make 500k discs in a day you know. There has to be an order for the printing the artwork, etc... Maybe the stores don't know yet, but at least some people involved in production need to know more by now.

Very true..

Didn't someguy post something about likely manufacture locations?

Like, i think he worked in the industry (or claimed to), so had some good educated guesses..
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #3450 on: November 21, 2006, 07:20:37 AM »

Of course we do. ?We KNOW it's not coming out today. ? Most of us knew the 21st wasn't the date a while ago. ? Some were blinded by "surprise release" theories or "my gf's uncle-dad works at a record store" rumours etc.

But critical analysis of the information show's that it's (obviously) not coming out on the 21st and it's exceptionally unlikely to hit the stores on the 28th. ? ?Or any day this year for that matter. ?

do you KNOW that it's not coming out on the 28th, like you KNEW it wasn't coming out on the 21st?

can you tell us what day it is coming out so we don't have to have all these posts?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3451 on: November 21, 2006, 07:22:15 AM »

Very true..

Like, i think he worked in the industry (or claimed to), so had some good educated guesses..

The irony is that a post like that would likely get removed.

These days CD production is not as limited as it was maybe 2 years ago. ?But still - with VISTA being manufactured as we speak there would probably still be the need to get things moving earlier rather than later.

And as has been mentioned time and time again. ? A CD will also require artwork and a track listing. ? Right now we're at 0/3.

Unless Brett is right but the 28th is an iTunes release. ? But everything points to this not being the case either.

What leaks??
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3452 on: November 21, 2006, 07:24:03 AM »

Very true..

The irony is that a post like that would likely get removed.

These days CD production is not as limited as it was maybe 2 years ago. ?But still - with VISTA being manufactured as we speak there would probably still be the need to get things moving earlier rather than later.

And as has been mentioned time and time again. ? A CD will also require artwork and a track listing. ? Right now we're at 0/3.

Unless Brett is right but the 28th is an iTunes release. ? But everything points to this not being the case either.

Cheers

Yeah. Some Nazi minion will probably remove it round about now....
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3453 on: November 21, 2006, 07:24:08 AM »

do you KNOW that it's not coming out on the 28th, like you KNEW it wasn't coming out on the 21st?

can you tell us what day it is coming out so we don't have to have all these posts?

Nope, I don't know the date. ? I had my hopes high for the 21st after some of the rumours looked credible (Rolling Stone etc.) but what is there that's credible for the 28th? ? All the odds are against the 28th. ?

What leaks??
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3454 on: November 21, 2006, 07:26:51 AM »

I think Axl and all the people involved in Guns (management, discography ...) must show more respect for the fans. Don't get me wrong, I love Axl Rose , he's my fauvorite frontman ever but after all this fuckin' years waitin' for something to happen he should clarify if the ambum is really comin' this year or not. There was a time when he had credibility but after all the wasted years believin' all the bullshit about this album I can't understand how he expect to have more respect from the media if he don't respect us
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3455 on: November 21, 2006, 07:33:12 AM »

Yeah

I just think that for him to make (numerous) claims that C.D. will be out in 2006, yet we have no promotion (for the album, not the tour) or any (real) studio tracks airing on radio / TV, OR any news from record stores, he must be full of shit, delusional or really not care about what he makes claims about.

Alternativley, he may have fully known all along that it was not going to come out this year, but decided to state the contrary as a catalyst for higher turnouts at their concerts (like, so everyday fans will saying "CD is out this year, i'm seeing them so i know what the songs will sound like")

I may be (and hope i am) wrong on all of this. We still have plenty of Tuesdays!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3456 on: November 21, 2006, 07:35:22 AM »

Axl is not a liar, so he would never consciously do that. If the year goes by without the album it doesn't make him a liar, but it makes him very unreliable.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3457 on: November 21, 2006, 07:36:28 AM »

Axl is not a liar, so he would never consciously do that. If the year goes by without the album it doesn't make him a liar, but it makes him very unreliable.

How do you know he isn't a liar?
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #3458 on: November 21, 2006, 07:36:42 AM »

Probabilities of CD being released :

Nov 28th : 20 %

Dec 5th : 20 %

Dec 12th : 15 %

Dec 19th : 5 %

Dec 26th : 1 %

Not being released this year : 39 %

I have it down as:

Nov 28th: 0%

December 5th: 0.9%

December 12th: 5%

December 19th: 7.45765%

December 26th: 0%

December 31st: 0%

2007: 45%

2008 or after: 41.64325%

With what we've had to put up with since 2002, I'm being very generous with that 2007 figure.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3459 on: November 21, 2006, 07:38:33 AM »

How do you know he isn't a liar?

I don't know it as a fact, but I know alot about him and he's never struck me as a guy who lies. Distortion of truth, yes, but not conscious lies.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: