Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2024, 07:25:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228515 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 645408 times)
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #2540 on: October 04, 2006, 07:16:25 AM »

Hey, my connection here won't let me see the link for whatever reason.  Could you copy paste or give summary of the rumor?  Thanks.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2541 on: October 04, 2006, 10:29:48 AM »

Hey, my connection here won't let me see the link for whatever reason.? Could you copy paste or give summary of the rumor?? Thanks.

Chinese Democracy release date, Rumors at Universal Canada has it for November 14th 2006. The universal music rep where I work mentionned the date to us today but no sale sheet is out yet....so it aint 100% sure....

We will have to wait and see !

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2542 on: October 04, 2006, 10:31:56 AM »

Hey, my connection here won't let me see the link for whatever reason.? Could you copy paste or give summary of the rumor?? Thanks.

Chinese Democracy release date, Rumors at Universal Canada has it for November 14th 2006. The universal music rep where I work mentionned the date to us today but no sale sheet is out yet....so it aint 100% sure....

We will have to wait and see !

that would rule!!! the day before the toronto gig!!!!

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #2543 on: October 04, 2006, 11:46:42 AM »

here's what some guy said on metalsludge:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82227

"I saw the Toronto show back a few years ..... and it RIPPED!!

Axl Just belted Outta Get Me and You Could Be Mine, It was fuckin awesome dude.

I got my Tix Today for the Show on the 15th of November.

And hey get this, the crumb bum working @ HMV said they have a November 14th release date for Chinese Democracy.

BOO-YAH!!!!"
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #2544 on: October 04, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

And hey get this, the crumb bum working @ HMV said they have a November 14th release date for Chinese Democracy.

BOO-YAH!!!!"

I am known at a local record store "Slick Disc" as the "kid who has been asking about Guns N Roses new album for 15 years".. I was just in there and asked if they had heard anything official regarding the new release and the owner said nothing but what Axl said on Mtv. However, he did mention that if it is coming out in November, he wouldn't expect anything until the end of October. Im 27 mow, reason I am known as "the kid" is because I had been asking about it since I was like 12 or 13...lolz. yes
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2545 on: October 04, 2006, 02:51:37 PM »

BOO-YAH!!!!"

I am known at a local record store "Slick Disc" as the "kid who has been asking about Guns N Roses new album for 15 years".. I was just in there and asked if they had heard anything official regarding the new release and the owner said nothing but what Axl said on Mtv. However, he did mention that if it is coming out in November, he wouldn't expect anything until the end of October. Im 27 mow, reason I am known as "the kid" is because I had been asking about it since I was like 12 or 13...lolz. yes

And that, my friends, is intensity!
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #2546 on: October 04, 2006, 04:22:04 PM »

Well, November 14th is a Tuesday which would match what Axl said in the tour press release and is in the fall.  We'll see.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2547 on: October 05, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »

For those who say Universal will keep Chinese Democracy away from other big releases, perhaps you should look at the Just Released section in your local music shop.  Beck, Evanesence, Jet and The Killers all released new albums this week.  Those are four fairly big names.  Who's to say Universal won't put up Chinese Democracy against any new Jay-Z album (not that it will really matter, different markets).

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #2548 on: October 05, 2006, 12:44:48 AM »

They're not going to release CD the same week as Jay-Z's comeback album.

They want CD to be a clear cut #1 on the Billboard charts - Jay-Z will smoke it for the top spot. Sorry, I hate to admit it too, but its true.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Bono
« Reply #2549 on: October 05, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »

They want CD to be a clear cut #1 on the Billboard charts - Jay-Z will smoke it for the top spot. Sorry, I hate to admit it too, but its true.

How ironic that it's CD that they wont put up against a "Comeback album" The guy's been retired for what? The normal length of time between albums hihi What a  joke.

It's really odd that there's no new single yet. If and whe that comes out than we'd be able to make a better guess.  Huh
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2550 on: October 05, 2006, 02:13:23 AM »

Hey, I'm not saying the studio doesn't want a number #1 album with Chinese Democracy, I don't think that necessarily means they'll release it on a certain week just to avoid other big artists.? My point about this week proves this.? Look at the following 3 weeks of album releases.? Not a lot of big names in new music (a lot of best of compilations).? So why would the studios put up Beck, Jet, The Killers and Evanesence against each other?? I don't have that answer.? But it seems to tell me that they're not afraid to do so.?

Also, it's important to remember that with a band like Guns N' Roses, it's much more likely that the album with have more staying power on the charts.? Perhaps it may not sell the most copies in its first week, but that doesn't mean it won't stay on the charts for a long time.?

#1 is great, but it's not everything...? This isn't the movie business.? My thoughts are that the record company is more interested in releasing the album when more people are buying albums and not when big names are releasing them.? That means that if November 14th will give Chinese Democracy its best sales potential for the holiday season, they'll release it on that day regardless of who's it up against.

I've said this before, it doesn't matter to me whether the album is #1.? It won't reflect on my opinion of the album.

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 02:15:07 AM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2551 on: October 05, 2006, 02:22:19 AM »

I agree on that, its more the longecity factor, and well seems gnr have that, look at GNR, greatest hits, that wasnt even supposed to be , as far as members of the band are concerned(former) and present. Its like pink floyd.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2552 on: October 05, 2006, 08:08:11 AM »

Do you really think CD is comin' this year? I don't think so. Axl can say anything he want but I can't believe after 10 years of waitin!!!
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #2553 on: November 07, 2006, 08:25:32 AM »

From www.bravewords.com

GUNS N' ROSES - Chinese Democracy Release Date Leaked
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 07:09:49

Two different BW&BK sources have confirmed that Universal Records will release the long awaited new GUNS N' ROSES album, Chinese Democracy, on November 21st. Apparently, the label has put together a big surprise marketing campaign to promote the disc. Cover artwork and finalized tracklisting to follow.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/54453

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #2554 on: November 07, 2006, 08:28:15 AM »

From www.bravewords.com

GUNS N' ROSES - Chinese Democracy Release Date Leaked
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 07:09:49

Two different BW&BK sources have confirmed that Universal Records will release the long awaited new GUNS N' ROSES album, Chinese Democracy, on November 21st. Apparently, the label has put together a big surprise marketing campaign to promote the disc. Cover artwork and finalized tracklisting to follow.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/54453

Nice find. I only wonder how reliable that site is. A surprise, quick release is our only hope for this year.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #2555 on: November 07, 2006, 08:46:55 AM »

How is it that not one national chain has any promo info whatsoever?  We'll see
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2556 on: November 07, 2006, 08:51:45 AM »

Hey, I'm not saying the studio doesn't want a number #1 album with Chinese Democracy, I don't think that necessarily means they'll release it on a certain week just to avoid other big artists.? My point about this week proves this.? Look at the following 3 weeks of album releases.? Not a lot of big names in new music (a lot of best of compilations).? So why would the studios put up Beck, Jet, The Killers and Evanesence against each other?? I don't have that answer.? But it seems to tell me that they're not afraid to do so.?

Also, it's important to remember that with a band like Guns N' Roses, it's much more likely that the album with have more staying power on the charts.? Perhaps it may not sell the most copies in its first week, but that doesn't mean it won't stay on the charts for a long time.?

#1 is great, but it's not everything...? This isn't the movie business.? My thoughts are that the record company is more interested in releasing the album when more people are buying albums and not when big names are releasing them.? That means that if November 14th will give Chinese Democracy its best sales potential for the holiday season, they'll release it on that day regardless of who's it up against.

I've said this before, it doesn't matter to me whether the album is #1.? It won't reflect on my opinion of the album.

Cheers,

Andrew

I agree with the whole longevity thing. I mean, if they release it with minimal promotion, the hardcore fans will still buy it giving it a high place in the charts. This is likely to continue with more marketing and singles as the more casual fans start purchasing it, keeping a foot in the charts at all times.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #2557 on: November 07, 2006, 09:05:17 AM »

How is it that not one national chain has any promo info whatsoever?? We'll see

Promotional marketing could be done by many different forms and channels, not necessarily using significant in-store promotion.  Maybe the label will use viral marketing, hence people registering on the website and the link with MLB?  Emails can easily be forwarded by fans to promote awareness quickly amongst large numbers of people at much less of a cost than preparing traditional marketing material or trying to buy ad time on the major networks to advertise the album.  I am sure they have a myriad of options they could use to promote an album in a short space of time, it depends on how targeted they want to be......

One idea could be to do a limited number of discs in different style cover, or with additional sleeve notes from the band? If only a certain number of these are produced (e.g. enough to guarantee a Top 20 place in each key market in the first week?) before the normal disc is then intorduced to market.... just a thought like
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #2558 on: November 07, 2006, 09:19:27 AM »

How is it that not one national chain has any promo info whatsoever?  We'll see

Promotional marketing could be done by many different forms and channels, not necessarily using significant in-store promotion.  Maybe the label will use viral marketing, hence people registering on the website and the link with MLB?  Emails can easily be forwarded by fans to promote awareness quickly amongst large numbers of people at much less of a cost than preparing traditional marketing material or trying to buy ad time on the major networks to advertise the album.  I am sure they have a myriad of options they could use to promote an album in a short space of time, it depends on how targeted they want to be......

One idea could be to do a limited number of discs in different style cover, or with additional sleeve notes from the band? If only a certain number of these are produced (e.g. enough to guarantee a Top 20 place in each key market in the first week?) before the normal disc is then intorduced to market.... just a thought like

Multiple covers in limited quantities is a great idea.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2559 on: November 07, 2006, 09:42:28 AM »

what is "BW&BK"??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: