Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2024, 07:25:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228515 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 645406 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2520 on: October 03, 2006, 09:37:59 AM »

The week after christmas, and the months following is historically the lowest point of the year for music sales.  If it's not released by christmas, we'll have to wait until at least spring 2007.
fixintodie
« Reply #2521 on: October 03, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »

Mark my words, Chinese Democracy will get to number one regardless of whatever else is released. This is one of the most anticipated releases of all time. Any devoted rock fan will be picking it up out of curiosity.

Besides, previous GNR albums have been steady sellers over a long period of time. I don't think first week sales will matter too much.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #2522 on: October 03, 2006, 10:47:22 AM »

I don't really care how much it sells, just as long as in Axl's mind it's good enough. Cause I know I am going to be happy with this album anyways. Man... what if it did come out in November, that's a month away, it's just insane.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #2523 on: October 03, 2006, 10:49:41 AM »

Mark my words, Chinese Democracy will get to number one regardless of whatever else is released. This is one of the most anticipated releases of all time. Any devoted rock fan will be picking it up out of curiosity.

Besides, previous GNR albums have been steady sellers over a long period of time. I don't think first week sales will matter too much.

i still think its too popular to hate axl. i say this album could go to number one, but it would take a few weeks to catch on. if it does go against jay-z it wont be number one, rap is way more popular right now than rock music. has been for atleast the past 6 years.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2524 on: October 03, 2006, 11:00:11 AM »

Let's try this...eventhough I merged the "election day" here (now I regret), let's try and post rumors from now on, not guessing nor speculation.

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2525 on: October 03, 2006, 11:39:39 AM »

Sorry igantius, just one more speculation here, I believe if they dont announce something in this first break here(10-5 to 10-20), then it must be the next big break(dec 19 to jan 13th).
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2526 on: October 03, 2006, 11:49:45 AM »

Just a couple quick tidbits. I've said in previous posts (usually this time of year) that I work in advertising for a major U.S. retailer, and work closely with the sunday circular ad. So far, I've seen nothing on GnR, but this time of year, CDs get placed and taken out of ads with great regularly. As far as layouts and deadlines to get the ad to the printers, nothing in November in December is set in stone yet (so there's still plenty of time to make room for GnR , if needed).

Also, as far as releasing the CD in December, remember this. Anyone who has worked in a record store knows that all the endcaps, promo material and shelf space is allocated for the holiday season by mid-november. With all the Christmas CDs, value CDs and other crap that's sold during this time period, record companies will buy up advertising space in these stores (at least with the major chains) to ensure their promo materials are hung up, and their new releases will get a prime spot. Having a major CD come out in mid- to late december just doesn't happen.
GeraldFord
« Reply #2527 on: October 03, 2006, 11:52:47 AM »

Just a couple quick tidbits. I've said in previous posts (usually this time of year) that I work in advertising for a major U.S. retailer, and work closely with the sunday circular ad. So far, I've seen nothing on GnR, but this time of year, CDs get placed and taken out of ads with great regularly. As far as layouts and deadlines to get the ad to the printers, nothing in November in December is set in stone yet (so there's still plenty of time to make room for GnR , if needed).

Also, as far as releasing the CD in December, remember this. Anyone who has worked in a record store knows that all the endcaps, promo material and shelf space is allocated for the holiday season by mid-november. With all the Christmas CDs, value CDs and other crap that's sold during this time period, record companies will buy up advertising space in these stores (at least with the major chains) to ensure their promo materials are hung up, and their new releases will get a prime spot. Having a major CD come out in mid- to late december just doesn't happen.

But Axl said "this year." Ax can move mountins.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2528 on: October 03, 2006, 11:53:53 AM »

From my experience in retail I know everything you said is true, but my question is this:

Why does everyone think that this band (of all bands) would do or care how things are normally done?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2529 on: October 03, 2006, 12:53:43 PM »

From my experience in retail I know everything you said is true, but my question is this:

Why does everyone think that this band (of all bands) would do or care how things are normally done?

Because it's not up to Axl how to promote this record. It's up to the marketing staff at Interscope. Do you really think they would NOT put Chinese Democracy in all the sunday ads the Tuesday before it's released? Or do you think they would be OK with just dropping the new CD into the Guns N Roses section of your local music store, without having it in the new release section and without posters or promo material?

Despite the band's history of unpredictability, the record company wouldn't ignore the best and most common practices to ensure strong CD sales the week of it's release.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2530 on: October 03, 2006, 01:26:22 PM »

That's fantastic and informative...thanks a bunch!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2531 on: October 03, 2006, 01:56:43 PM »

Because it's not up to Axl how to promote this record. It's up to the marketing staff at Interscope. Do you really think they would NOT put Chinese Democracy in all the sunday ads the Tuesday before it's released? Or do you think they would be OK with just dropping the new CD into the Guns N Roses section of your local music store, without having it in the new release section and without posters or promo material?

Despite the band's history of unpredictability, the record company wouldn't ignore the best and most common practices to ensure strong CD sales the week of it's release.

Particularly if it is to be during the holiday season, of all times.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2532 on: October 03, 2006, 08:33:13 PM »

Just a rumour.... a mygnr rumour.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=80614

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #2533 on: October 03, 2006, 08:55:27 PM »

hot damn, that's got me thinking its true... Hope she makes a copy of the sales sheet if she sees it in a few days.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2534 on: October 03, 2006, 11:05:17 PM »

only 12 tuesdays left now.............
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #2535 on: October 04, 2006, 12:41:49 AM »

cmon guys, we have been saying that CD is coming for ages. im fukin sick of waiting hey but at the end of the day i have no choice  Cry

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #2536 on: October 04, 2006, 03:09:24 AM »

Okay, should be between 2 and 7 tuesdays (oct 17 - nov 28) left to release  ok

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #2537 on: October 04, 2006, 03:22:58 AM »

we all love gunsroses too much,but we have to know,album will be realize 4-6 wekks after single

so it won't be a first part of november for a sure

I have never seen so many tree
fixintodie
« Reply #2538 on: October 04, 2006, 03:32:23 AM »

we all love gunsroses too much,but we have to know,album will be realize 4-6 wekks after single

so it won't be a first part of november for a sure

Singles are frequently released 1-2 weeks before album, and occasionally on the same day. In C.D.'s case I wouldn't be surprised if the album comes first, singles later.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2539 on: October 04, 2006, 05:22:34 AM »

If that's true, I think we'll have the announcement in two saturdays time with the first single being premiered sometime in the week following. Grin
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: