Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 07:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228504 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643415 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2020 on: July 23, 2005, 11:07:46 AM »

Well! Its the same situation with Tool right now! Alt of silence, and they are finsishing up theyr new album now! So i hope its a simular situation in GNR! The silence of Mysteron is quite intresting, and what he said about things will soon start happening and about people start tinking about the streetteams! (Breath) So a 2005 release is still very likely!

Great Poems Back

What did you say Lech Walesa? What will happen to him! What about solidarity Pope Johannes Paul the fifth

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
DemocracyRose
« Reply #2021 on: July 24, 2005, 10:37:48 AM »

Great post, Jonx. We need more posters like you around here. Too many insults and rude shit around here lately. I guess this long wait is just frustrating everybody and they have to take their agressions out on other people. I agree with your 6-8 week time frame. If things dont start happening in August/September, 2005 is not the year.

It seems realistic with the 6-8 weeks time frame. Rolling Stones has just announced, that there new album will be released in sept.(i dont remember the date). So 6-8 weeks could fit.

But I dont think 2005 is the year. All the silence is a bad sign. My bet is, spring or summer next year. I think we will get an announcement about RIR5 in the fall. And then a release date from Axl in the begining of next year...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #2022 on: July 24, 2005, 05:07:19 PM »

Im still confident of a release this year, there is too much to lose

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2023 on: July 24, 2005, 07:11:26 PM »

Jimmy, you're right. There's a lot to lose. Some fans are starting to give up, and when 2006 comes, even more will do so. Merck's credibility is at stake. If Jan. 2006 comes with no CD, No one will ever believe anything Merck has to say.Mygnr will take a huge blow, because the mods over there use him as their source, and if the mygnr members no longer believe him, the mygnr mods have some serious dead webspace on their hands.

sergitou
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2024 on: July 24, 2005, 07:59:35 PM »

Jimmy, you're right. There's a lot to lose. Some fans are starting to give up, and when 2006 comes, even more will do so. Merck's credibility is at stake. If Jan. 2006 comes with no CD, No one will ever believe anything Merck has to say.Mygnr will take a huge blow, because the mods over there use him as their source, and if the mygnr members no longer believe him, the mygnr mods have some serious dead webspace on their hands.

Mygnr mods know nothing....

DemocracyRose
« Reply #2025 on: July 25, 2005, 04:12:36 AM »

No, the rumors will continues, like the last 8 years....

Deathdealer
« Reply #2026 on: July 25, 2005, 06:20:30 AM »

ok,when the cd is not gonna come out this year.
They gonna lose some fans,but I think when the cd is finished the music is gonna speak for it self...and everbody still wanna check it out.
But still have the feeling that it will happen soon Smiley
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #2027 on: July 25, 2005, 02:05:06 PM »

i totally agree.

this year would have been perfect, because gnr still has its greatest hits audience. next year it will be two years since it came out, so most of those "fans" will have lost interest.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2028 on: July 25, 2005, 02:44:21 PM »

Yeah, the disappearance of mysteron is very strange. When that Nov.29th rumor started, everyone was asking for him, but he never came here. That made me think nov. could be true this time. Doesn't he usually confirm when rumors are bullshit? Is it possible he's out of the loop now so he no longer visits the forums?

I'm still around  peace  My life is more busy these days

As everyone knows, Sanctuary will announce CD when they are ready and we should hopefully hear something before the end of the year

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2029 on: July 25, 2005, 03:21:23 PM »

Mysteron, is that all you're going to tell us? WHAAAA! WHAAAAAA! (stomping like a baby) WHAAAAA! WHAAAAA!  I was hoping you were gonna turn the light on at the end of the tunnel. Oh well. I guess you wouldn't confirm it anyways, even if it was true.Good to see you back though. For a minute there, I thought Axl had dragged you into his cave.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2030 on: July 25, 2005, 04:28:36 PM »

there is no reason to belive anything untill we hear something official! Even if its Tommy Stinson, Mysteron, or Dizzy Reed who speak! Sanctuary and Axl knows, no one else.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2031 on: July 25, 2005, 05:51:42 PM »

All I am really concerned about now is that Axl receives an adult response when he returns

If people are going to judge his new album on something other than the music at hand, then I would like to think that you as fans will work hard to set the record straight and make things as fair as possible for him and for the other band members
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #2032 on: July 25, 2005, 06:18:07 PM »

All I am really concerned about now is that Axl receives an adult response when he returns

If people are going to judge his new album on something other than the music at hand, then I would like to think that you as fans will work hard to set the record straight and make things as fair as possible for him and for the other band members

are you alluding to anything specific? ie. another drastic appearance change?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2033 on: July 25, 2005, 07:43:28 PM »

Mysteron, we will stand behind Axl no matter what. Sure, I criticize some of the decisions he's made over the past 12 years, but when he comes back, I will defend him till the day I die. Axl is, and always will be, a very polarizing figure. He's worshipped by many, and hated by many, and there's not much middle ground. But the people who hate him are fascinated by him. His CD comeback is going to be special. It will be a once in a lifetime event and the whole world is gonna watch it. As I've said before, CD sales are going to shatter world records. Every single person who has ever been a fan will buy it, the haters will buy it, people interested in his story will buy it, and the millions of people who follow trends will buy it cause CD is the 'cool' thing of the moment. Axl has nothing to worry about. CD is going to be a huge phenomenon.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2034 on: July 25, 2005, 08:12:18 PM »

Well! I agree with you Mysteron!
I really hope that people will think for them self on this release! And dont just like it because they like the old stuff, and because its Axl Rose and GNR! If you dont like it, then u gotta stand behind your taste, and dont hide it! Im pretty sure its gonna be a great album, based on what iv heard on the new songs, but i will anyway think for myself and judge it fair! But i dont se any reason NOW, Why i shouldent like, because i adore everything else GNR has done throug the history! But in any etic way i will stand behind Axl and the new GNR, ANYWAY, if i like CD or not! Because i think this is a fucking brave thing to do! And because i think its a interesting prosject!
 Anyway, i dont know if you Myst. have listend to the new stuff or not! I dont know if u have anything with the music biz to do, or GNR camp. But i hope you are right and that we will see CD soon! And to all the people complaning about CD not be released! PLEASE try to see how big this GOD damn ting is!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #2035 on: July 25, 2005, 11:50:23 PM »

most of the fans will support axl
but a few won?t, even if the cd is brilliant, couse they will think axl is the only one guilty couse the others members formed a new band

what?ll scare me is if axl will release the album but not talk "much" with the press, and that its nothing to do with "let the music do the talking"... axl rose is away from years! people just have a image from the beggining of the 90 ! that 2002 tour just make us "hardcore fans" happy for a moment BUT make the "axl rose and his new GNR" look more like a joke than that empty years, couse they didn?t hear axl making interviews and stuff, just some shows that ended with no reason... and then... axl rose disapeared! why? couse he saw that his new band sucks and will never be GNR?? that?s what people around the world tho IMP
he will have to "bring back" the fans IMO again... the music itself will say about the name GUNS N ROSES, but the AXL ROSE feedback from the GUNS N ROSES FANS AROUND THE WORLD will depend from his "new" atitude in this new era...

i?m here since 94, living my life, getting drunk, playing with my band, with 23 years old now and in my bedroom, since 94, there?s a space in my wall waiting for a new GNR poster... THAT?S SUPPORTING TO ME
 peace
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 11:52:39 PM by RnT » Logged

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2036 on: July 26, 2005, 01:21:45 AM »

with all the changes that this band has undergone, Axl has to prove to alot of people that he is still relevant. I imagine that proposition is scary as hell.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2037 on: July 26, 2005, 09:17:39 AM »

with all the changes that this band has undergone, Axl has to prove to alot of people that he is still relevant. I imagine that proposition is scary as hell.

That is a scary proposition indeed, KV.  Just sitting and thinking about the enormity of the band's legacy and success, and the burden of carrying on in the absence of the original band is enough to make me nervous right now!  I just hope that if Axl Rose will realize, if he hasn't already, that it's impossible to make a perfect record, and that it's those imperfections that define a musical identity.

Ali
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2038 on: July 26, 2005, 11:42:59 AM »

There are a good handful of perfect albums. They are called masterpieces. That label should not be used lightly but it can be applied to a select few.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2039 on: July 26, 2005, 02:38:06 PM »

There are a good handful of perfect albums. They are called masterpieces. That label should not be used lightly but it can be applied to a select few.

I think that there are some masterpieces, but that doesn't mean they're perfect.  I consider a masterpiece to be a particular artist's most impressive or outstanding artistic effort.  To me, it's the imperfections and rawness of a record like Appetite that makes it so real and therefore so impactful.

I just think that if one gets carried away with the notion of making a perfect record, you risk rendering it inaccessible to the general rock audience, who like everyone else, is imperfect by nature.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: