Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 07:15:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228504 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 643406 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #2000 on: July 21, 2005, 05:59:47 AM »

A decent timespan for a video is anything between 4-8 weeks for the production. This naturally excludes pre-production such as scripting and creative brainstorming.

There are videos which were executed in a shorter time period, but to get perfect results, budget roughly for that time. November Rain took weeks to just film, then the studio part took ages to complete as well.

The result was pretty awesome though. I'm sure Axl would want nothing short of brilliant for the first video, so if they're planning it, now is the time to start filming and recording.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2001 on: July 21, 2005, 07:55:02 AM »

The deadline for Thanksgiving (ie: Black Friday) flyer submissions, for many smaller retail stores (ie: music chains), is usually the last Friday in September.  This year, that date happens to be Sept 30th (The WalMarts/Targets/Best Buys of the world's deadline is closer to mid October, I think).  I would expect, if we are to see the album in November as has been long rumored, we would have to have an announcement by then.

The single wouldn't have to hit until Mid/End of October, in that case, and single distribution is relatively quick and easy as long as the label is ready.  The video could take anwhere from 1 to 8 weeks to produce, depending on what they decide to do.  The SCOM video took, if I'm remebering the reports correctly (and it's been so long, I may not be), about 3 weeks to do (a week of pre-production, a week of filming, and a week of post production)....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2002 on: July 21, 2005, 08:05:44 AM »

Dunno if anyone already noticed but MTV Germany is also jumping on the train for a November release, even they commit that it is just internet sources:
http://www.mtv.de/news/news.php?id=19063

gnronline.com
also speaks of a november 2005 release (google)

I guess that everybody is reffering to pauseandplay though; so maybe we just have to wait and see!
Thanks to everybody on the forum to keep the waiting time entertaining Wink

On the google gnronline search thing...check the Dead Horse section.  There's a whole thread discussing this.  To sum up, the description comes from DMOZ, a user submitted search engine (as in, users can enter descroptions).  It's not remotely reliable.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2003 on: July 21, 2005, 09:35:56 AM »

Thorazine, you got that right. I would even take it a step further and say 30 days. A video needs to be recorded, and you want a single/video out long before the actual album comes out. Even though GNR is a well known name, they need to build some interest with this new generation. Something that gets massive radio and tv play a few months before CD is released. Wasn't 'You Could Be Mine' released about 3 months before UYI?

"Don't Cry" was the first
Official single released
Back in '91.

"YCBM" was
Officially from T2,
Not from UYI.

"Don't Cry" was released
Only about 30 days
From album street date.

Splash

/Mike

Actually wasn't Civil War released as a radio single before Sorum Joined the band? but there was no news of a Album anywhere at the time it was on the radio, from what I can recall anyway. does anyone else remeber this? I listened to WRIF and WLLZ, both out of Detroit, MI, while growing up. I remember cause I thought that song was their best tune (I still do) and was afraid it wasn't going to be included on the album. Same goes with KOHD, it was actually a track from Days of Thunder and was tweaked for the UYI albums. I It wasn't clear whether or not it was going to be on the UYI's.

But, Don't Cry, came out very close to the release day of UYI as an official track from those albums, but most people here aren't old enough to remember or have forgotten.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2004 on: July 21, 2005, 09:44:57 AM »

Don't cry came out Sept. 2nd, 1991, that is exactly 15 days before the album.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2005 on: July 21, 2005, 04:24:29 PM »

Neemo, Civil War was never released as a single. It was on that album to benefit Romanian orphans. Radio stations played it constantly. I thought GNR used a shitty marketing strategy with this song. There was GREAT potential for Civil War. The U.S. was about to go to war with Iraq, and this song could have made an impact at that time. But since no video/single happened, it was pretty much old news by the time the war happened. But when you consider all the turmoil in the band at the time, you can understand why they didn't promote the song.

Surfrider
« Reply #2006 on: July 21, 2005, 06:53:04 PM »

Without reading this entire thread, is there any credible information that we will see Chinese Democracy anytime soon?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2007 on: July 21, 2005, 07:06:09 PM »

Without reading this entire thread, is there any credible information that we will see Chinese Democracy anytime soon?

No, sorry...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #2008 on: July 21, 2005, 07:42:30 PM »

we have only some hints

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Deathdealer
« Reply #2009 on: July 21, 2005, 09:19:20 PM »

Civel war was released as an single.......it also was in Europe in the top 40 several contries.

Is there any proof that are gonna shoot a video!!!
sergitou
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2010 on: July 21, 2005, 11:18:35 PM »

we have only some hints

What kind of hints?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2011 on: July 21, 2005, 11:35:00 PM »

Nov.29th is the only hint. Its gonna be a very sad day if November goes by and we still dont have CD. There's gonna be some sort of major backlash. Merck's credibility will also be thrown out the window. Let's pray its for real this time.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2012 on: July 22, 2005, 03:24:32 AM »

There's gonna be some sort of major backlash. Merck's credibility will also be thrown out the window. Let's pray its for real this time.

I guess Merck's credibility will join Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, and Axl's credibilty on the pavement.

Major backlash?  From who?  No one who's been waiting since the '02 VMAs will give more than a shrug if the album isn't released in November.  We go through this every year... If it comes out, great, we will all celebrate.  If it doesn't, no one will be suprised and there certainly won't be any "major backlash".
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2013 on: July 22, 2005, 10:55:53 AM »

Bach, if you have something to say, say it, but stop talking in charades. This is going to be deleted.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #2014 on: July 22, 2005, 04:03:33 PM »

I'm leaning towards this album never coming out. What really sucks is that there hasn't even been a good rumor lately. I for some dumb ass reason still come to this site ever day with a small amount of fading hope. It's pretty sad when all you can look forward to is a rumor that will almost certainly be false, even when it comes from the mouth of a GnR member or piece of shit manager.

I hope Axl can conquer his demons if nothing else. Even if the album doesn't come out I wish him the best in life. The only thing I want from Axl is an update, a statement, a public appearance, something. Maybe I'm selfish. I guess he doesn't think his fans deserve an update let alone an album. This is why I am ready to accept this thing never seeing the light of day.

BTW, where is Jarmo?

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #2015 on: July 22, 2005, 04:24:16 PM »

I'm leaning towards this album never coming out. What really sucks is that there hasn't even been a good rumor lately. I for some dumb ass reason still come to this site ever day with a small amount of fading hope. It's pretty sad when all you can look forward to is a rumor that will almost certainly be false, even when it comes from the mouth of a GnR member or piece of shit manager.

I hope Axl can conquer his demons if nothing else. Even if the album doesn't come out I wish him the best in life. The only thing I want from Axl is an update, a statement, a public appearance, something. Maybe I'm selfish. I guess he doesn't think his fans deserve an update let alone an album. This is why I am ready to accept this thing never seeing the light of day.

BTW, where is Jarmo?

CD or no CD we are going to see and probably hear alot from Axl in November because of the Slash/Duff court case. The fact that we arent hearing anything may be because things are really starting to happen with Axl and the powers that be at Universal and everyone that is involved is being forced to sign a confidentiality agreement or something that prohibits them from discussing anything about Guns with anybody.

Jonx
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2016 on: July 22, 2005, 04:46:59 PM »

BTW, where is Jarmo?

I'm gonna remain optimistic and say, that we'll hear something soon, I got another question, Where's mysteron, we haven't seen him since mid-june. Remember people the announcement for UYI's was like 30 days before the release, if, on the off chance that Nov rumor is true, we may not hear anything til late october.

I do feel kinda silly to though, coming hear everyday, hoping to hear the slightest hint of a release rumor. oh well, it's not like I have anything better to do, it only takes a couple minutes to read new posts for the day. Smiley

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2017 on: July 22, 2005, 05:07:42 PM »

Yeah, the disappearance of mysteron is very strange. When that Nov.29th rumor started, everyone was asking for him, but he never came here. That made me think nov. could be true this time. Doesn't he usually confirm when rumors are bullshit? Is it possible he's out of the loop now so he no longer visits the forums?

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #2018 on: July 23, 2005, 05:49:22 AM »

Yeah, the disappearance of mysteron is very strange. When that Nov.29th rumor started, everyone was asking for him, but he never came here. That made me think nov. could be true this time. Doesn't he usually confirm when rumors are bullshit? Is it possible he's out of the loop now so he no longer visits the forums?

Its possible, correct me if im wrong but i dont think Mysteron was ever in the loop, he/she was just able to get a decent response from Merck whenever an email was rattled off. The guy is probably on holiday or something, its that time of year. Bigboss from Sp1at is away so there wont be many rumours coming our way from there for a few weeks, that may have something to do with the lack of rumors. Im hoping that we have come to the end of the a friend of a friend who has a friend who works in geffen who knows someone in universal heard that CD was coming out next month, these types of rumors just cause problems and very rarely turn out to be true and not to mention they are now easy to disregard thanks to the work of Mysteron, a certain individual at another big board and the certain few at Sp1at. Im sure Jarmo has some backchannel that can be opened every now and then Smiley

If preparations are going on at a very very very high level it will still be ages, until more people, promoters, CD houses etc get bought into the loop.... only after this happens will more information and maybe even some leaks start to emerge.

Patience people, things apparantly start to happen in the next 6 to 8 weeks, they have to let it out before 05 is over, the court case in November is way to much free press and promotion for Axl especially if he wins.

Jonx
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 07:53:18 AM by Jonx » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2019 on: July 23, 2005, 06:35:54 AM »

Great post, Jonx. We need more posters like you around here. Too many insults and rude shit around here lately. I guess this long wait is just frustrating everybody and they have to take their agressions out on other people. I agree with your 6-8 week time frame. If things dont start happening in August/September, 2005 is not the year.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: