Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 639951 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2004, 04:58:25 PM »

Some of you are just whiny idiots believing anything you read.

denials are normal. (IE  Sammy Hagar denying working with Van Halen in january, then 2 months later being announced back and saying he'd been working with them since december)

Will Chinese Democracy come out in nov? I don't know.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Death Cube K
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2004, 04:58:54 PM »

I think we'll be surprised at how many rumours more official sites like VH1, Blabbermouth or whatever picks up from bullshit that gets posted at different GNR message boards.

They come here to find information, coz they dont know shit.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 05:01:14 PM by Death Cube K » Logged
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2004, 04:59:40 PM »

I think that they are actually pretty close to recouping all of the money they lost. 2 million copies at least worldwide, figure out how much of a profit they make on each cd and you see that it's probably more than 13 million, I think axl has put in alot of his own money into the cd too.

What Goes around comes around!
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2004, 05:05:13 PM »

I think GNR management know the material that  Axl has ready for release ( 3 albums worth at least) and are not worried about their investment at all because they know what they have invested in....therefore sitting on their investment while it continues to gain interest(axl perfecting it) the payback will be worth the wait in the end.  

Question to Mysteron....can you give us some usefull unofficial info. like what year will new GNR material be ready for the public?early/late next year?...this year?...unforseeable future? whats been the hold up since 2002 tour? finishing touches were being put on CD before that tour i thought?  
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2004, 05:05:38 PM »

Well, I'm sure some of us saw this coming, and some people like me held out hope that this was finally 'it'. (Hell, I still think this could be it and management is just downplaying it until they're ready - the wedding analogy was dead-on.)

I do this its a bit hypocritical however that when Mysteron comes around and says something, that its taken as gospel truth, and everyone just automatically agrees with him no matter what (for the most part, anyway.) (I'm not calling you a liar, Mysteron, this is just what I've noticed.)

BUT..it seems as though everyone has forgotten that darknemus made a post saying that he heard from a source to look for an announcement made over the 4th of July weekend. Sure enough, we got an early premiere of GN'R:BTM and it said that CD is slated for a November release.

Now, I'm not saying that darknemus has all of the answers to all of our problems dealing with Guns, BUT, I think credit should be given where its deserved. Again, the point of this post isn't to call Mysteron a liar, but come on - ANYONE of us could call Sanctuary and be told the EXACT same thing that Mysteron was told. Sure, he could be talking to management, but then again, we all could if we want. Their phone number isn't exactly a secret. If they won't tell the press any info about a release date, then I sure as hell doubt that Mysteron has any "inside info" either.

Basically, all I'm trying to say is don't be hyprocritcal, give credit where its due, and take everything here with a grain of salt.

-Jeff

You are right with your thoughts

I would never suggest to people to believe everything I say, or to believe everything anyone else says. All I do is let you know what management have to say, and leave you to decide what you want to believe.

I do hope though that CD is release before Xmas. It still could be
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2004, 05:09:45 PM »

I think GNR management know the material that  Axl has ready for release ( 3 albums worth at least) and are not worried about their investment at all because they know what they have invested in....therefore sitting on their investment while it continues to gain interest(axl perfecting it) the payback will be worth the wait in the end.  

Question to Mysteron....can you give us some usefull unofficial info. like what year will new GNR material be ready for the public?early/late next year?...this year?...unforseeable future? whats been the hold up since 2002 tour? finishing touches were being put on CD before that tour i thought?  

No information is available and, as was said previously, the current situation is changeable, which in itself means you shouldn't take any rumors too seriously

Official news will normally come from Sanctuary and maybe sometimes from the record label too. Anything outside of this is rumor and nothing more
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2004, 05:22:10 PM »

the source probably came from one of the bandmates, most likely Dizzy or Tommy but I'm sorry what the fuck do they know?  They don't know jack shit, personally I believe we know as much as they know.  I guess we'll see by the end of the week.   ok

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2004, 05:45:37 PM »

This also meens that Axls statement about givin a release date soon was pure bullshit.

Yeah I forgot about that release date coming next few months thing. When did he say that again, a few months ago? Another statement so vague that it means nothing.

I've seen enough.
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2004, 05:53:13 PM »

Another hopeful sign that has totally soured.  It happened in March when they announced they won't be at Rio (I was holding my breath hoping they would actually show up).  Now, my hopes were somewhat high after a reliable source like VH1 says CD is slated to be out in November.  Unfortunately, at least for now, it seems this rumor is BS as well.  I have almost completely stopped thinking about CD and if it will ever be released.  The best thing to do is simply act as if it will never come out, because it probably never will.  Then if it does come out, we'll all be really happy.  If you rely on it being released and then it never does actually get released or at least is delayed for even longer (like the current situation), it's very disappointing.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2004, 06:10:53 PM »

I agree with the people who say it might be management trying to leak information in pressuring Axl for a release date.

Why not release it now? GH is still seeling good worldwide. VR is doing their own good thing. GnR seems to be "cool" why not release it this year with all the hype and Free Publicity they have gotten.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2004, 06:20:35 PM »

I've been away a couple of days and I've just read all the VH1 thread and this one.

I've got one question - Does anyone think that management would confirm this as true, even if it was?

Not a chance in hell. Like they're gonna say "yes, it's true. That's our plan, etc". It just would never happen. Denying it is what would happen true or not. Default response.

Of course, just as this doesn't mean shit, neither does VH1 without a source.

@#$%Muther

I agree completely...we're really not going to know one way or the other until a press release from Axl comes out with those little digits on it. And there's no way managment would give away their whole marketing strategy and itinerary (neither will Dizzy or Tommy, I bet) based off Vh1's comment.  One theory I have is that Vh1 got this from Geffen, who want this out in time for the holidays, and by 'leaking' this 'news' will put more heat on Mr. Rose to get it out by November or risk yet another wave of negativity in the music press.It's important to note that not even the VH1 comment gave a specific date, just a month.

Incidentally, why all the visceral anger? Shouldn't we all be used to it by now? This whole mess is a perennial guessing game and will always be until something concrete happens from AXL. Living and dying with every rumor (even from Vh1) is pretty pointless.

great point nick

i dont or would ever call mysteron a liar, i know he doesnt say stuff to be sayin it

im just sayin management may not disclose that type of info to anyone until they are 100 percent positive axl isnt gonna balk and delay it anymore
once they know axl is 100 percent committed they will make it official but will deny it till then

my argument is VH1 have no reason to just make up outlandish lies, whats their incentive?

i like nicks theory of Geffen givin them that date to put pressure and heat on axl, that makes alot of sense

i never said we will 100 percent for sure get CD in Nov im just sayin as of july thats the plan and im not gonna be disappointed or pissed if that changes, i expect it to change

but i think its crazy to assume Vh1 have some alterior motive or conspiracy theory workin to spread rumors just to be spreadin rumors
if the velvet rope said that id dismiss it, but VH1 is fuckin as credible as it gets

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2004, 06:21:14 PM »

Why not release it now?

The same unfortunate reason that it wasn't released five years ago: Axl hasn't finished it. If he has finished it I'm sure they'll release it asap. I promise you they haven't been sitting around all these years waiting for the perfect moment to release this thing. It's been more of a lack of anything to release.  

I've seen enough.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2004, 06:40:34 PM »

It doesn't surprise me. GNR fans have gone down this same road many times and will go again. I was pretty fucking excited, cautious, but really looking forward the upcoming events.

CD won't ever come out now because Axl has a girlfriend and is in love, hence he might wanna re-record all the bitter lyrics he's recorded for this album to replace them for something more optimistic. In Two years from now, Vera will dump his ass and Axl will sink in depression and law suits again...Yeah, 2014 looks like the year Chinese Democracy will see the light.  ok
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 06:41:30 PM by Chinasky » Logged
Layko
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2004, 07:32:39 PM »

Hey, I'm kind of new here but please don't get mad at me I got a simple question.

How would you know about Axl's management?
GnFnRs2016
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

The best thing that you never had

« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2004, 10:34:46 PM »

Hey Mysteron, can you ask management something?

"Why do they only open their mouth for bad news? Why can?t they say something deeper in respect for the fans that have been with them for years?"  

Thanks man peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2004, 10:57:12 PM »

being in a new relationship has nothing to do with a song or whatever'

axl had his new love stephanie seymour in november rain and dont cry 2 songs clearly not about her

i have songs about ex's and the new girl im talkin to doesnt mind cause art is art, songs are songs

if anything a woman will inspire him to finish and release chinese democracy

Prince fell in love and released a 3cd 36 brand new song box set

so love wont delay axl

but u want the truth

if axl is in love and has found happiness and doesnt want to do music anymore

i hope he never releases chinese democracy, id rather axl be happy and content than be miserable and release CD

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #196 on: July 05, 2004, 11:09:14 PM »

This Sucks...i just wanna hear where VH1 got there sources....and whats gonna happen now.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Layko
« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2004, 11:30:35 PM »

How does that guy know who Axl's manager is?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2004, 11:42:46 PM »

How does that guy know who Axl's manager is?
http://www.sanctuarygroup.com/index.php?l1=8&l2=1&l3=0&rt=AS

Anyone can find it out pretty easily, and contact them. Mysteron just happens to get responses with a tad more detail  Wink

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2004, 11:43:22 PM »

I'm still optimistic. It doesn't make sense for VH1 to throw out a random date. If they hadn't had a credible source of info, they would have simply said "'Chinese Democracy' still has no release in sight...". That's BTM's style. I also agree that Sanctuary would most likely not admit to an outright date. Obviously, they're not gonna tell Joe Schmo on a message board, "Yes, that's our current plan." They will deny stuff 'til the cows come home, they want to let the news out themselves. Not that I don't trust Mysteron, I trust him a lot, but I wouldn't expect anyone to confirm a rumor.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: