Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 07:22:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228497 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642743 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1540 on: February 25, 2005, 02:30:58 PM »

OK. I think it's time to begin with something like this:

CD is slated for nov 2005 release and then February 2006. Chinese Democracy Starts now!!! rofl rofl rofl

Shut up! Yet another person on this site who cant be a proper fan! Cos if you were you wouldnt spout out shit like that!!

Please! We need to look on the funny side of this too! Com`on!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1541 on: February 25, 2005, 03:09:11 PM »

but it might still have the geffen logo on the disc right? or is there no geffen anymore at all? confused

I don't know if Geffen still exists, but I know for sure that Guns N'Roses is over since 1996. Cry

Another useful post. We don't care what you know for sure. Go to the VR section and post only there if you don't like the new band...

There is no new band. There is no band,  no matter how much you pretend there is. Slam Pepe Da Rosa all you want, he seems to be looking at the situation with a clear head & firm grasp of the obvious.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1542 on: February 25, 2005, 03:22:17 PM »

Slam Pepe Da Rosa all you want, he seems to be looking at the situation with a clear head & firm grasp of the obvious.

That's not called having a clear head, that's called having an opinion. And you know, opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and it's not necessarily interesting.
In this case, it's tired and irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1543 on: February 26, 2005, 03:38:48 AM »

and some assholes have dicks up them
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1544 on: February 26, 2005, 06:36:10 AM »

I have a question. Where is Robin Finck and what is he doing ? It is unusual for him not to update his site.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Izzys Amp
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1545 on: February 26, 2005, 07:43:19 AM »

i was watching BBC news 24 early this morning, it was a feature on the latest technology for mobile phones regarding, games, pictures, e.mail. downloads etc. What caught my eye was when the reporter was showing a selection of about 5 songs on the menu of the phone he was holding, no artist names, but one of the 5 songs was called "This i Love" which i recall seeing as a rumoured title for Chinese Democracy some time ago. I have no doubt this feature will be repeated a few times again over the next few days, could be any title that someone had programmed into the phone i guess. Although comfortably numb by Pink Floyd was another title on there, so they did seem genuine songs
CamelWides
What if Chinese Democracy is only released in China?
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1546 on: February 28, 2005, 12:39:12 AM »

Something occured to me...What if...this is Chinese Democracy? In other words, all the rumors, all the anger and impatience, the calls for patience, Velvet Revolver, the anger again, and the whole:  " drool " feelings, what if that is the album? And what I'm writing now, that's part of the album too. Do you know what I'm saying?
Everyone may ignore my theory, but then two years later Axl might announce publicly, "Yeah, this whole thing, this is Chinese Democracy. It's not an album, not a record, it's everything else... Thank you. Goodnite."

p.s. I'm serious. I haven't been smoking pot or anything.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #1547 on: February 28, 2005, 01:11:40 AM »

Something occured to me...What if...this is Chinese Democracy? In other words, all the rumors, all the anger and impatience, the calls for patience, Velvet Revolver, the anger again, and the whole:? " drool " feelings, what if that is the album? And what I'm writing now, that's part of the album too. Do you know what I'm saying?
Everyone may ignore my theory, but then two years later Axl might announce publicly, "Yeah, this whole thing, this is Chinese Democracy. It's not an album, not a record, it's everything else... Thank you. Goodnite."

p.s. I'm serious. I haven't been smoking pot or anything.

LOL thats a very zen-like observation...
are you sure you havent been smoking?? hihi

seriously, that reminds me somewhat of the concept behind the show Seinfeld. A show about nothing... So CD is nothing but a 'concept' a bizarre and cruel social experiment of Axls to test/gauge the level of interest/relevance of Guns?

It brings to mind a theory that Ive held for a while. Once CD is released, what then?

Sure, we'll all be able to discuss/ponder each song, the merits/shortcomings of the album, we'll be able to debate whether or not it was worth Axl dismantling the greatest rock n' roll band of all time for etc. etc..

But something will be missing. The fact that CD will become a tangible/physical thing will take away the mystery, the allure and the unknown that has made these boards and discussion so interesting.

There is never any information, so it is mainly mere speculation that fuels these never-ending discussions.

My point is, that is a large part of the appeal - the anticipation of the unknown - the 'thrill of the chase' if you will.

Don't get me wrong, I cant wait for CD to be released and furthermore I cant wait to discuss with people the merits etc...

So you could well be right - this is Chinese Democracy - it has started, its just the main course is taking a while to be served.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1548 on: February 28, 2005, 02:25:57 AM »

mh...  sure.....  Roll Eyes

I think when Chinese Democracy will come out we`ll have enough to discuss, for example a tour, videos, the songs, etc..
and there will be the question about the next album. So we have to enjoy CD, because we`ll might have to wait for another 5 years for the next album.... Wink

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1549 on: February 28, 2005, 01:41:48 PM »

From Gigger at Sp1at.com

This has come from the marketing department of UMG Canada...

Just in case anyone believed in the HMV rumours!

"...at the present time, we have no information as to the potential timing of a release date for a Guns N Roses album or possible tour dates..."

Undecided Tongue
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1550 on: February 28, 2005, 06:02:07 PM »

Interesting theory Camelwides. You should start your own thread about that theory instead of burying it in the rumour thread. I've kinda thought the same thing. That this is basically a fucked up game Axl is playing with us. It is a game that may never be over. If the album exists it could be the biggest selling album of all time but i'm starting to have my doubts. I believe if a full length cd existed, or if like some people on here say 200 songs exist, he would have played more than 5 new songs on the 2002 tour. So in my opinion, the setlist of the 2002 tour practically confirmed this CD as a joke. If he has such a masterpiece, why only preview 5 new songs? And then say none of those 5 will be singles? None of this bullshit makes any sense anymore.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1551 on: February 28, 2005, 09:36:50 PM »

Interesting theory Camelwides. You should start your own thread about that theory instead of burying it in the rumour thread. I've kinda thought the same thing. That this is basically a fucked up game Axl is playing with us. It is a game that may never be over. If the album exists it could be the biggest selling album of all time but i'm starting to have my doubts. I believe if a full length cd existed, or if like some people on here say 200 songs exist, he would have played more than 5 new songs on the 2002 tour. So in my opinion, the setlist of the 2002 tour practically confirmed this CD as a joke. If he has such a masterpiece, why only preview 5 new songs? And then say none of those 5 will be singles? None of this bullshit makes any sense anymore.

Everything you say is so true! 110%. I know this because Buckethead came to my house , took off his bucket and mask and told thats the reason why he quit. Slash confirmed it as truth.

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Seriously , you guys .. thats the most retarded thing I think I've ever read on any GNR board seeing as you seem to be serious.

I wonder if that press release was part of the big coverup game when they said they bought the publishing to the finished "dozens" of new songs axl has recorded?  hihi

rofl

CamelWides
What if Chinese Democracy is only released in China?
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1552 on: February 28, 2005, 11:19:03 PM »

Or is it so possible Saul, so likely, so logical, that it totally blows your mind?  nervous
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #1553 on: February 28, 2005, 11:36:49 PM »

Everything you say is so true! 110%. I know this because Buckethead came to my house , took off his bucket and mask and told thats the reason why he quit. Slash confirmed it as truth.

Roll Eyes? Roll Eyes? Roll Eyes? Roll Eyes

Seriously , you guys .. thats the most retarded thing I think I've ever read on any GNR board seeing as you seem to be serious.

I wonder if that press release was part of the big coverup game when they said they bought the publishing to the finished "dozens" of new songs axl has recorded?? hihi

rofl

Well, it is an interesting theory...

Another thing I find bizarre that could possibly lend weight to such a theory is that Axl  said something like "people have suggested that we cant have any songs seeing as we're only playing 4 new ones" or something like that, I think on the 2002 tour.

This is interesting as I don't recall anyone really saying or alluding to such a thing so therefor it seems a little 'on the defensive' to me. Like when someone denies guilt before being accused of something - immediatley suspicion is raised.

Why did Axl jump to make this claim when no one (to my knowledge) had even suggested that this was the case??

Is it possible that in 2002, Maddy, Silkworms, Rhiad, CD and Blues were the only new songs Axl had?

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1554 on: March 01, 2005, 02:35:18 AM »

how dumb can people be... yeah he should go out and play every new song they have so we can go on limewire and download it.   yeah he's playing a fucking game with us.  get a life.
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #1555 on: March 01, 2005, 04:38:55 AM »

[Is it possible that in 2002, Maddy, Silkworms, Rhiad, CD and Blues were the only new songs Axl had?

I'm sure that in 2005, Maddy, Silkworm,Rhiad, CD and Blues are the only new songs Axl has!!!

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1556 on: March 01, 2005, 04:47:38 AM »

Then who has dozens of new songs? Robin? Or Sanctuary?
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #1557 on: March 01, 2005, 04:57:44 AM »

how dumb can people be... yeah he should go out and play every new song they have so we can go on limewire and download it.? ?yeah he's playing a fucking game with us.? get a life.

thats true, but we're discussing a valid theory here - why did he jump to defend an accusation that hadn't been made?

personally i believe that Axl has hundreds of unreleased songs/ideas, however i have a sneaking suspicion that much of what we will eventually here on CD was recorded in 2003 and that in 2002 Axl didnt really have a cohesive album near to release (contrary to what may have been stated at the time)

Warren
« Reply #1558 on: March 01, 2005, 05:40:50 AM »

but it might still have the geffen logo on the disc right? or is there no geffen anymore at all? confused

I don't know if Geffen still exists, but I know for sure that Guns N'Roses is over since 1996. Cry

Another useful post. We don't care what you know for sure. Go to the VR section and post only there if you don't like the new band...

I like the "new" band (almost 10 years old) a lot.

But it's not Guns N'Roses. It's just something else...
There's no link at all with the genuine GN'R.
estranged.1098
« Reply #1559 on: March 01, 2005, 07:01:43 AM »

That's fine and all that anyone can believe this "theory" but you should really do it in another thread so I can avoid reading about it.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: