Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 07:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228497 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 642733 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1520 on: February 23, 2005, 02:44:35 PM »

maybe we should contact blabbermouth and tell them that they should stop posting the "news" from S1at! Coz it is a bad GNR forum. Who thinks they are a something more then a rumourboard...

And what evidence would you give that it's "bad"? Your own opinion? I'm sure they'd value that... rofl

Evidence! Nothing personal gigger, but they are making "news" out of rumours that may have been started over some speculations on mygnr, htgth.. or whatever, i really dont think that a pro way to work! Do u see mtv or any "real" music site doing that!? except s1at and blabbermouth...!

Here are links to the 3 posts on it:
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=462
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=464
http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=483

Not one of those posts portrays the release date as fact. It merely states the current rumour and then has quotes from one or two industry people that suggest it is false. It's not Sp1at's fault that Blabbermouth re-wrote the info we posted and then cited us as the source!

I also know that Blabbermouth picked up on it via a Metallica forum rather than through the Sp1at site.

so it has nothing to with sp1at then ?ok

Isn't there enough BULLSHIT threads in this forum, why would anyone want a whole board filled with it???

On the other hand, i can see the excitement it gives when a half serious site post something you made up, it kind of lets you know you had something going lol.... it makes blabber look like pure shit tho...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #1521 on: February 23, 2005, 04:05:49 PM »

Enough with the splat discussion now. This thread is neither dedicated to publicize it nor to let people know you don't like it.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #1522 on: February 23, 2005, 04:39:37 PM »

Mysteron,

I understand you don't get a lot of gnr info anymore (Tommy tourdates not included :-)?
Tommy said they are lookin' to do some EU tourdates this summer. 'Normally' you would know about these things.
Is the gnr camp/your contacts exceptionally quite about things at the moment?

Thanks for your reply!

N ! 3 |(

There's no point commentating on an ever changing situation.

The main thing I wanted to achieve was for people to challenge bad information about gnr, and to question things alot more. You all do that now, so that's job done for me. When gnr are go, we will then look at doing the street team thing and ensure that guns get a fair crack of the whip

This answer dissapoints me. It isn't even an answer to my question really. Are you sure you this is the reply to my questions? I never mentioned anything about the street team thing...

You say: "The main thing I wanted to achieve was for people to challenge bad information about gnr, and to question things alot more. You all do that now, so that's job done for me."
Don't get me wrong: I always enjoyed the info you provided, like everybody else here.. But saying things like this; it makes me want throw up really.
Are you alright?

Bests,

N ! 3 |(
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1523 on: February 23, 2005, 04:49:39 PM »

i can see the excitement it gives when a half serious site post something you made up, it kind of lets you know you had something going lol.... it makes blabber look like pure shit tho...

Blabbermouth half serious site? Please...  hihi

Blabbermouth post as much if not more crap than any site... The only difference is that they make out they heard it first hand when they just took it off some message board!  rofl

But, what rumours have I made up? I'm intrigued...  Grin
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1524 on: February 23, 2005, 06:29:54 PM »

i can see the excitement it gives when a half serious site post something you made up, it kind of lets you know you had something going lol.... it makes blabber look like pure shit tho...

Blabbermouth half serious site? Please...? hihi

Blabbermouth post as much if not more crap than any site... The only difference is that they make out they heard it first hand when they just took it off some message board!? rofl

But, what rumours have I made up? I'm intrigued...? Grin

hey man i don't know who you are, but since you take my post personally i'm guessing you run the rumor sp1t site!

first, i don't know who actually makes the rumors, but there's no doubht that you poor gas on the fire and i thinks thats short minded...

so blabber is not even half serious, fine, glad you agree.... ok

btw, don't tell me you didn't get a kick out the fact that blabber wrote about this fuckin' shit alright, i just won't believe you... although i can through out a rumor saying you're doing this for the fans er... ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
estranged.1098
« Reply #1525 on: February 24, 2005, 04:10:00 AM »

Although Blabbermouth is usually full of BS, what are you talking about in this case specifically?

It's a fact that CD was listed by HMV for an April release. Sp1at contacted Geffen and HMV and both replied to them that list was bogus. They posted the information to us. What exactly is wrong in this picture?

Unless you think Sp1at just made up that they contacted Geffen and HMV (and there's no evidence of that) I don't see why you're attacking it. If you're frustrated with them because of other things they may have posted in their "Active Rumours" section I don't think this is the thread you should use to talk about them.
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #1526 on: February 24, 2005, 10:32:05 AM »

For all those who are so sure about chinese democracy being released in april 2005 (whatever month of 2005 qualifies), check geffen.com.  There are some albums listed as new releases for 2005, without even giving an exact month.

Sure, we've had these tommy and dizzy interviews. It looks as the release is as close as it has ever been. But don't bet your life on it, if the release was  to be a sure thing for this year, it would be listed in geffen's web as a 2005 release, regardless the month.

Maybe the last finishing touches or some legal issues prevent Geffen from taking a "risk" and giving a 2005 release announcement on their web site???. It wouldn't be much of a risk if the release was to happen in a 100% of the cases. Even announcing the release  just for 2005 would create a very big buzz.

Still, I always remain optimistic. cheers beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1527 on: February 24, 2005, 10:44:48 AM »

well, if the album will be released by geffen.. I remember Tommy said that they used Sanctuary.. but then i guess it would be listed on www.sanctuaryrecords.com

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #1528 on: February 24, 2005, 10:49:47 AM »

I think tommy was referring to his own music, not gnr's music.  Guns n roses, until something else is said and a press release is given, is signed to geffen records.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1529 on: February 24, 2005, 11:04:49 AM »

I think tommy was referring to his own music, not gnr's music.? Guns n roses, until something else is said and a press release is given, is signed to geffen records.

Well, yeah, he could have misheard the question... So i guess ur right Cocaine

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1530 on: February 24, 2005, 11:15:28 AM »

The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1531 on: February 24, 2005, 03:33:24 PM »

but it might still have the geffen logo on the disc right? or is there no geffen anymore at all? confused

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #1532 on: February 24, 2005, 04:22:09 PM »

but it might still have the geffen logo on the disc right? or is there no geffen anymore at all? confused

yes, Geffen is part of Universal Music, and Guns N Roses discs are labeled Geffen

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1533 on: February 24, 2005, 05:19:09 PM »

yes, Geffen is part of Universal Music, and Guns N Roses discs are labeled Geffen

Please everyone stop this 'where is GN'R, who will release the album?' shit. It's been discussed for a dozen times in the last few weeks.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #1534 on: February 25, 2005, 05:15:37 AM »

Please everyone stop this 'where is GN'R, who will release the album?' shit. It's been discussed for a dozen times in the last few weeks.

I agree on that..

but unfortunately in every board there are some kids who still not understand

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Warren
« Reply #1535 on: February 25, 2005, 08:30:35 AM »

I don't know if Geffen still exists, but I know for sure that Guns N'Roses is over since 1996. Cry
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1536 on: February 25, 2005, 08:49:18 AM »

I don't know if Geffen still exists, but I know for sure that Guns N'Roses is over since 1996. Cry

Another useful post. We don't care what you know for sure. Go to the VR section and post only there if you don't like the new band...

Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #1537 on: February 25, 2005, 09:46:20 AM »

OK. I think it's time to begin with something like this:

CD is slated for nov 2005 release and then February 2006. Chinese Democracy Starts now!!! rofl rofl rofl
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 10:05:23 AM by Saboteur Cyb. Punk » Logged

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #1538 on: February 25, 2005, 10:00:45 AM »

Funny !!  confused
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #1539 on: February 25, 2005, 01:42:18 PM »

OK. I think it's time to begin with something like this:

CD is slated for nov 2005 release and then February 2006. Chinese Democracy Starts now!!! rofl rofl rofl

Shut up! Yet another person on this site who cant be a proper fan! Cos if you were you wouldnt spout out shit like that!!

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: