Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash to be Inducted into Hollywood's RockWalk: Update Photos Available
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash to be Inducted into Hollywood's RockWalk: Update Photos Available  (Read 15402 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 11, 2007, 08:10:37 PM »

January 11, 2007

Slash, Ronnie James Dio, and Terry Bozzio to be Inducted into Hollywood's RockWalk

Slash, Ronnie James Dio and Terry Bozzio will be inducted into Hollywood?s RockWalk the only sidewalk gallery dedicated to honoring those artists who have made a significant impact and lasting contribution to the growth and evolution Rock ?n? Roll, Blues and R&B. Their handprints and signatures will reside alongside other equally accomplished musicians and innovators such asEric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Bonnie Raitt, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins,Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Brian Wilson, Stevie Wonder,John Lee Hooker and Earth Wind & Fire among numerous others.

The induction will take place Wednesday, January 17, 2007, at 7 p.m. at 7425 Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, California. The event is free and open to the public.

Slash
With his trademark Les Paul, top hat and omnipresent cigarette Slash is a guitar icon of a generation.  After picking up a guitar for the first time at 15, Slash challenged and destroyed the stagnant musical scene in 1986 when he helped to found one of the biggest bands rock n? roll has ever known, Guns N? Roses. After leaving G?n R? Slash recorded and toured with his band Slash?s Snakepit as well as recorded and performed with a multitude of artists including Michael Jackson, Iggy Pop, Eric Clapton, Carole King, and Diddy to name a few.  In 2004 along with former G?n R member Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, guitarist Dave Kushner (Wasted Youth) and lead singer Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots) Slash formed his current band Velvet Revolver who?s debut album Contraband garnered raved reviews and received a GRAMMY in 2004 for Best Hard Rock Performance for the song ?Slither?.

Complete Story: http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/002729.html

Edit:

Photos here:

http://filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?cgl=253804

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====254299

http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/newshow?item=633234&section=S

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 10:27:56 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:02:01 PM »

I'll be there.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 10:09:57 PM »

Congratulations, Slash!  This has been a long time coming!  Well deserved!   
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 02:46:00 AM »

I'll be there.

ill see you there if i can make it
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 04:17:54 AM »

I'll be there.
you think it's just some honorary thing like they do, or do you think slash will actually be there for it? Because if he's gunna be there, I'm calling in sick to work and dustin off the ol' tophat.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 05:35:24 AM »

how cool!  wish I could go along to this.  Give the man a huge cheer anyone whose going!

peace
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 08:44:14 AM »

Congrats to Slash!  ok

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 09:36:55 AM »

thats great! well done slash

html sucks
slash sture
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 10:23:14 AM »

cool
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 10:46:30 AM »

WOOOO! Go slash  beer
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 10:58:29 AM »

well done slash  peace
but who's terry bozzio? Huh
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 11:06:21 AM »

I'll be there.
you think it's just some honorary thing like they do, or do you think slash will actually be there for it? Because if he's gunna be there, I'm calling in sick to work and dustin off the ol' tophat.

Here is their website that has contact info...maybe they can tell you.

http://www.rockwalk.com/HomePage.cfm

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:08:49 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:36 AM »

well done slash  peace

some guy who drums for korn

html sucks
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 11:39:58 AM »

I'll be there.

Of course he'll be there - he has to put his handprint into the cement.  He has to be there!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 04:09:41 PM »

well done slash? peace

He's a little bit more than just a Korn drummer.

He made his name recording and touring with Frank Zappa (and appearing in the concert movie Baby Snakes), and then the band UK. After his audition for Zappa, all the drummers behind him in the line left, and he was accepted. He was particularly famous for performing Zappa's "The Black Page", a piece of music designed to be a "musician's nightmare" a page so filled with notes as to be almost black. He currently resides in Austin, Texas.

Bozzio went on to form Missing Persons with his then-wife and lead vocalist Dale Bozzio, ex-Zappa guitarist Warren Cuccurullo, ex-Zappa bassist Patrick O'Hearn and keyboard player Chuck Wild.

[edit] Collaborations
Bozzio has recorded with numerous musicians on hundreds of albums across the musical spectrum, including Duran Duran, Jeff Beck, Chad Wackerman, Steve Vai, Steve Stevens, Tony Levin, Andy Taylor, Robbie Robertson, Gary Wright, Don Dokken, Paul Hyde, Herbie Hancock, Dweezil Zappa, Billy Sheehan, Richard Marx, Matsumoto Hideto, and Fant?mas.

As of 2005, he was working on a new album called Playing in Tongues with former Missing Persons and Frank Zappa guitarist Warren Cuccurullo.

He has recently been on a tour of Europe with Mike Patton's post Faith No More and Mr. Bungle band Fant?mas. In May and June 2006, Terry Bozzio toured with Dweezil Zappa's "Zappa Plays Zappa" tour.

Presently, Bozzio is performing and recording with Californian alternative metal band Korn in preparation for their untitled eighth studio album in place of regular band drummer David Silveria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bozzio

BTW congratulations Slash!  beer

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »

well done slash? peace

He's a little bit more than just a Korn drummer.

He made his name recording and touring with Frank Zappa (and appearing in the concert movie Baby Snakes), and then the band UK. After his audition for Zappa, all the drummers behind him in the line left, and he was accepted. He was particularly famous for performing Zappa's "The Black Page", a piece of music designed to be a "musician's nightmare" a page so filled with notes as to be almost black. He currently resides in Austin, Texas.

Bozzio went on to form Missing Persons with his then-wife and lead vocalist Dale Bozzio, ex-Zappa guitarist Warren Cuccurullo, ex-Zappa bassist Patrick O'Hearn and keyboard player Chuck Wild.

[edit] Collaborations
Bozzio has recorded with numerous musicians on hundreds of albums across the musical spectrum, including Duran Duran, Jeff Beck, Chad Wackerman, Steve Vai, Steve Stevens, Tony Levin, Andy Taylor, Robbie Robertson, Gary Wright, Don Dokken, Paul Hyde, Herbie Hancock, Dweezil Zappa, Billy Sheehan, Richard Marx, Matsumoto Hideto, and Fant?mas.

As of 2005, he was working on a new album called Playing in Tongues with former Missing Persons and Frank Zappa guitarist Warren Cuccurullo.

He has recently been on a tour of Europe with Mike Patton's post Faith No More and Mr. Bungle band Fant?mas. In May and June 2006, Terry Bozzio toured with Dweezil Zappa's "Zappa Plays Zappa" tour.

Presently, Bozzio is performing and recording with Californian alternative metal band Korn in preparation for their untitled eighth studio album in place of regular band drummer David Silveria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bozzio

BTW congratulations Slash!? beer

Good work Slash - if theres anyone who deserves it its him. Cue another year delay for Chinese Democracy whilst Axl has a tantrum.

And a special round of applause to Terry Bozzio for adding the appallingly bad Korn to an already stellar cv. He cant be that skint surely. Hope they fit him out with a nice tracksuit.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 07:29:34 PM »

cool!
how i wish i could be there Cry

hoping that we'll see some pics peace

shit happens when you party naked
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »

cool for slash headbanger

and about bozzio, he's only one of the best drummers ever
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 10:56:33 PM »

I'll be there.

He'll be there for it, I saw Iron Maiden do the same thing in summer 05' and it was pretty cool. Like someone said above durring the process the person being inducted in the end puts their hands in wet cement for it to be added to the "rock walk" at the entrance of guitar center.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 12:48:35 AM »

I'll be there.

He'll be there for it, I saw Iron Maiden do the same thing in summer 05' and it was pretty cool. Like someone said above durring the process the person being inducted in the end puts their hands in wet cement for it to be added to the "rock walk" at the entrance of guitar center.

yeah, i've seen pics of Ozzy doing it, its pretty cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: