Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 07:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228461 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl needs to be on the cover of ROLLING STONE to get back to the spotlight
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl needs to be on the cover of ROLLING STONE to get back to the spotlight  (Read 9589 times)
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2007, 10:32:22 AM »

(axl needs to do something because i just got back from the states (LA and the west coast area) and there was absolutely no one interested in the new gn'r. for example: i had a nice dinner at the rainbow restaurant in hollywood and asked the waitress if there was a picture of axl rose (axl raaaowse is how she pronounced it) somewhere on their wall. she said "i don't know, but slash is everywhere, he comes here all the time"(who cares?) . then she asked another girl who worked there. she said that axl wasn't coming today (i didn't ask for that, but thanks for sharing), and that it was a while ago that he last visited the rainbow. than she said that axl's face is weird and that he is nasty. sounded funny to me, but disrespectful. after that, i talked with the manager of the rainbow about led zeppelin (cuz i was wearing a zep shirt) and then went on talking about axl again. he showed me a pic of axl from 2002-2003 with his new hairstyle and he made fun of it. now that's how much people still care about axl. he seems nothing more then a fun spot.)

SO TRUE!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »

If Axl gets on the cover and gives them an exclusive interview,

actually he has been on the covers and given exclusice interviest years ago, what he needs to do is just to get CD ready, and then the record will itself get him and gn'r back in the spotlight headbanger
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2007, 06:07:02 PM »

(axl needs to do something because i just got back from the states (LA and the west coast area) and there was absolutely no one interested in the new gn'r.
SO TRUE!

That must've been why every GN'R show in the LA area was COMPLETE SUCCESS.

Okay...  Roll Eyes

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »

I dont want CD in RS. WHY? THEY TRASHED LED ZEPPELIN FOR THEMSELVES!!! They wanted to be controversial, to get their magazine sold, so they trashed the biggest band at the time. So what if they completly trash CD, JUST FOR RATINGS!!! This would cause Axl to never do anything again! Cry
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 11:44:49 AM »

The cover of Rolling Stone would be great promotion. But, depending on who writes the article will determine if it helps or hurts Axl. Lately the stories are editorials dressed up as news stories. Too much opinion and bias from the writer, which tends to be negative. As Gonzo Axl mentioned, RS trashing Zeppelin is a great example of this.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2007, 01:07:08 PM »

All I want is a big interview... that would be ace!  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2007, 01:16:47 PM »

Is a bad review in RS or anything printed for sale sill that influential for the actual record buying public? Whatever they say zep records sell massively.
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »

If you all measure success in popularity and sales numbers, If that?s what your concerned about, I suggest you go buy some J.T. albums of check out some J-Lo. Don?t you understand that being a mainstream hit means nothing these days because the majority of the mainstream, which are the people you think GnR needs to be successful with are fucking idiots. Just turn on MTV and find out.......I hate to break it to you but the spotlight is a joke.
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2007, 01:53:21 PM »

The way RS is now, it seems like you have to be in the spotlight first.  THEN you get the cover
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »

I think it would be great if Axl did an exclusive interview with either MTV (like the one with Kurt Loder in early 90's) or some other "serious" news-program (like 60 Minutes). Where he could tell his side of the story, where he's been and done, show some new videos from the recent gigs and play some of the new music. I think that would make a lot of 'avarage people' go: "yeah, what happened to that guy, that's an amazing tale of struggle/comeback, this music is off the hook!!" Or something like that... Smiley

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »

If you all measure success in popularity and sales numbers, If that?s what your concerned about, I suggest you go buy some J.T. albums of check out some J-Lo. Don?t you understand that being a mainstream hit means nothing these days because the majority of the mainstream, which are the people you think GnR needs to be successful with are fucking idiots. Just turn on MTV and find out.......I hate to break it to you but the spotlight is a joke.

sales numbers is one measure of success. Popularity, which would reflect in the sales numbers is the same thing. If its a critically acclaimed album & hardcore GNR fans like us love it, but no one else buys it, then GNR are gonna have a problem from their label about the next album, whether it be about recording money, creative control, marketing dollars or other things. While sales is not the one measure of success, it certainly is an important factor.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2007, 05:18:39 PM »

one step at at time who cares about the next album i just want chinese democtracy!

will probablys all be dead before axls second album comes out lol

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »

sales numbers is one measure of success. Popularity, which would reflect in the sales numbers is the same thing. If its a critically acclaimed album & hardcore GNR fans like us love it, but no one else buys it, then GNR are gonna have a problem from their label about the next album, whether it be about recording money, creative control, marketing dollars or other things. While sales is not the one measure of success, it certainly is an important factor.

sorry dude but at this point Axl can do whatever he wants whenever he wants in the music industry. Not too many people are given 13 years to make a record. And guess what if he wanted to take another 13 to make the next he could.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »

sorry dude but at this point Axl can do whatever he wants whenever he wants in the music industry. Not too many people are given 13 years to make a record. And guess what if he wanted to take another 13 to make the next he could.

I think at this point Axl has to spend his own money to finish up CD, if I remember correctly, Geffen cut him off somewhere around 2005, they figured 13 million and several years was enough. Im sure Axl does not want to finance future records out of his own pocket, so hes got to sell a good few million of CD to get something fronted to him for the follow up. Axl is a legend, but the record industry has limits even with him. However, when CD comes out, I dont think he, the band or the label will have any issue when it goes to #1 ( my prediction)

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axlzroxchic
Opening Act

"I Think About You"......

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2007, 12:13:45 AM »

axl needs to do something because i just got back from the states (LA and the west coast area) and there was absolutely no one interested in the new gn'r. for example: i had a nice dinner at the rainbow restaurant in hollywood and asked the waitress if there was a picture of axl rose (axl raaaowse is how she pronounced it) somewhere on their wall. she said "i don't know, but slash is everywhere, he comes here all the time"(who cares?) . then she asked another girl who worked there. she said that axl wasn't coming today (i didn't ask for that, but thanks for sharing), and that it was a while ago that he last visited the rainbow. than she said that axl's face is weird and that he is nasty. sounded funny to me, but disrespectful. after that, i talked with the manager of the rainbow about led zeppelin (cuz i was wearing a zep shirt) and then went on talking about axl again. he showed me a pic of axl from 2002-2003 with his new hairstyle and he made fun of it. now that's how much people still care about axl. he seems nothing more then a fun spot.

Well i guess it just goes to show what morons are working there..... no such a shame, they obviously dont know FAME... peace uhhmm maybe Axle knows this, which is why he doesnt hang out there anymore...its just not the same anymore.

"This Melody Inside of Me, Still Searches For Solution"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2007, 02:45:46 PM »

Guess there's the delicate psychology of fans going.
Maybe you should have read the thread title for "I want to see Axl on the cover of ROLLING STONE and in the spotlight again" before calling people names.

Anyway, yeah popularity and sales numbers should be of secondary concern if read just as money and fame. But Listen mother fuckers those songs should be heard. Music is essentially a form of communication to convey some sentiment to others. by nature it aims to reach as many people as possible, methinks. When you don't want your music to amuse an unspecified number of people, you don't release it, do you?

Not too many people are given 13 years to make a record.

As far as I can gather those things were earned rather than given. Will prosper.
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2007, 06:15:55 PM »

the only people i called names are the people who make the crap music out there popular because they arnt smart enought to tell a good song from the crap thats popular today or a musical genius from a talentless joke who seem to be all over the place today.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: