Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 07:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228461 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl needs to be on the cover of ROLLING STONE to get back to the spotlight
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl needs to be on the cover of ROLLING STONE to get back to the spotlight  (Read 9577 times)
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 07:41:39 PM »

I'm sure GnR will be on Rolling Stone when the time comes.  The question is, how much will Axl cooperate with the magazine?  After the whole "Nov. 21" story that ran, it sounds as if the magazine didn't exactly do the Guns camp any favors...

good point about rs.  but don't forget, the opportunity to sell mags will undoubtedly overcome any ill feelings they may have toward axl.  if the public interest is big enough, they'll put him/them on their cover.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 08:39:54 PM »

I'm sure GnR will be on Rolling Stone when the time comes.? The question is, how much will Axl cooperate with the magazine?? After the whole "Nov. 21" story that ran, it sounds as if the magazine didn't exactly do the Guns camp any favors...

good point about rs.? but don't forget, the opportunity to sell mags will undoubtedly overcome any ill feelings they may have toward axl.? if the public interest is big enough, they'll put him/them on their cover.

Oh, I agree that they'll put him on the cover...I was actually referring to ill will that Axl may have towards RS.  If nothing else, Axl has proved that he has no need to acquiesce to anyone at this point...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 09:16:58 PM »

No Need...

hbk *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 12:53:26 AM »

i agree. rolling stone still has a big fan base of dedicated readers. A lot of readers are in their 50s to 30s and i think that a good review would sell a lot of CDs to people who wouldnt normally buy a GNR record. I guess that kind of goes without saying. Anyway, rolling stone sells posters of their magazine covers so it would also be a cool poster to have.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 02:24:06 AM »

Axl needs no one (just a single with a video  ok)

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 02:32:32 AM »

axl needs to do something because i just got back from the states (LA and the west coast area) and there was absolutely no one interested in the new gn'r. for example: i had a nice dinner at the rainbow restaurant in hollywood and asked the waitress if there was a picture of axl rose (axl raaaowse is how she pronounced it) somewhere on their wall. she said "i don't know, but slash is everywhere, he comes here all the time"(who cares?) . then she asked another girl who worked there. she said that axl wasn't coming today (i didn't ask for that, but thanks for sharing), and that it was a while ago that he last visited the rainbow. than she said that axl's face is weird and that he is nasty. sounded funny to me, but disrespectful. after that, i talked with the manager of the rainbow about led zeppelin (cuz i was wearing a zep shirt) and then went on talking about axl again. he showed me a pic of axl from 2002-2003 with his new hairstyle and he made fun of it. now that's how much people still care about axl. he seems nothing more then a fun spot.

Nice unnecessary dig at Slash there, pal.

go to the fucking VR section and whine about him, pal.

I think once CD is released, Axl will definitely get the cover.
rwm172
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 03:45:13 PM »

I remember a rumour that there was going to be a cover with Axl and Zach de la Rocha both because they were both finally putting out albums.  I was a while back though would be cool if it happened. beer I won't be holding my breath
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 04:14:11 PM »

Does anybody even read Rolling Stone anymore?  Its barely a rock magazine. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »

That's what I was thinking. Who even reads that fuckin' rag anymore?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 06:45:11 PM »

Wasn' there talk in 2006 of Axl being on the December issue of RS Magazine with the caption : " What the World Needs Now Is Axl Rose ." I could of swore that I read that or heard it somewhere. Can anyone back me up ?

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 06:47:36 PM »

I think it was LA Weekly.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007, 09:05:05 PM »

I think it was LA Weekly.

Thanks Garry. I knew I heard that and wasn't going that nuts just yet.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 10:08:40 PM »

actually, spin's july 1999 issue had axl on the cover with the caption "what the world needs now is axl rose"

as for axl on rs now.  it would sell copies for rs, so no doubt they would like to put him on the cover, but after their whole nov 21 thing, one would wonder if axl would be cooperative at all, or if he would even want to fuck with them.  after they kinda made him look like an ass, chances are he'd do a cover for one of their rival publications.

and someone said who even reads rs?  I DO!  i've had a lifetime subscription for at least 15 years.  it's no where near the mag it once was,  it's kinda went mainstream, whatever is popular is what they are writing about.  which from a business standpoint is a good thing, but the mag was founded as a ROCK publication, not worrying about what was popular, often going against manistream ideas.  they do the opposite of that alot now, and that is why RS sucks.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 12:53:53 PM »

actually, spin's july 1999 issue had axl on the cover with the caption "what the world needs now is axl rose"

the mag was founded as a ROCK publication, not worrying about what was popular, often going against manistream ideas.  they do the opposite of that alot now, and that is why RS sucks.

That Spin article was actually pretty cool and I wish I still had it. Cry

As far as RS goes, why don't you cancel your subscription and teach them a lesson??? rant Huh Shocked
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 01:59:12 PM »

Im sure Axl is putting all of his time and effort into getting the album released. After the release he'll start promotion.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »

Im sure Axl is putting all of his time and effort into getting the album released. After the release he'll start promotion.

What sense does that make? The album needs promotion before its released.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »

the mag was founded as a ROCK publication, not worrying about what was popular, often going against manistream ideas.  they do the opposite of that alot now, and that is why RS sucks.

That Spin article was actually pretty cool and I wish I still had it. Cry

As far as RS goes, why don't you cancel your subscription and teach them a lesson??? rant Huh Shocked

i do still have that mag in full, same with guns first rolling stone cover, i'm a freak, i keep  that stuff.  I have years and yars of spin and r/s boxed up and stored away.

I do honestly like some of the news and national affairs articles in r/s.  and every once in a really great while they do have some thing that is actually good music.

Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 06:02:30 AM »

Does anybody even read Rolling Stone anymore?  Its barely a rock magazine. 

Couldn't agree more.  This whole Rn'B, Fergie, gangsta wannabee's retards thingy going on is just to damn annoying.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »

What sense does that make? The album needs promotion before its released.

I think you're both right....

You'd want people to know the album is coming and then you'd want people to know it's out.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 08:29:54 AM »

He doesnt need to be but of course he will be.

this kind of album, all the intrigue that has went on over the years.

Hell I am looking forward to the first Exclusive Tell all interview just as much as the damn Album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: