Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 07:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228461 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl needs to be on the cover of ROLLING STONE to get back to the spotlight
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl needs to be on the cover of ROLLING STONE to get back to the spotlight  (Read 9580 times)
GeraldFord
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:08:10 AM »

If Axl gets on the cover and gives them an exclusive interview, his credibility and relevance will be turned up a few notches. And if CD can get a 4 star review, a successful relaunching of GN'R will have a solid foundation.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:11:35 AM by GeraldFord » Logged
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »

If Axl gets on the cover and gives them an exclusive interview, his credibility and relevance will be turned up a few notches. And if CD can get a 4 star review, a successful relaunching of GN'R will have a solid foundation.

I'm not sure about that, I heard a 4 star review from Rolling Stone can cost hunders and hundreds of dollars.

A 5 star review on iTunes is the way to go and we all need to write reviews when the single becomes available. Reviews from the people have much more weight. The weight can be our gift.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:21:34 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

madagas
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:24:06 AM »

Axl needs to do this Axl needs to do that.....blah blah blah.... Roll Eyes
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:43:48 AM »

Axl will be on the cover of RS when CD is released!
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 10:52:35 AM »

axl needs to do something because i just got back from the states (LA and the west coast area) and there was absolutely no one interested in the new gn'r. for example: i had a nice dinner at the rainbow restaurant in hollywood and asked the waitress if there was a picture of axl rose (axl raaaowse is how she pronounced it) somewhere on their wall. she said "i don't know, but slash is everywhere, he comes here all the time"(who cares?) . then she asked another girl who worked there. she said that axl wasn't coming today (i didn't ask for that, but thanks for sharing), and that it was a while ago that he last visited the rainbow. than she said that axl's face is weird and that he is nasty. sounded funny to me, but disrespectful. after that, i talked with the manager of the rainbow about led zeppelin (cuz i was wearing a zep shirt) and then went on talking about axl again. he showed me a pic of axl from 2002-2003 with his new hairstyle and he made fun of it. now that's how much people still care about axl. he seems nothing more then a fun spot.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »

I'm sure there will be some press at release time but......I'm actually more excited at the prospect of just letting the music speak for itself.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »

He doesn't NEED to do anything, but some interviews to some publications or TV shows, radio shows should follow, I'd guess. RS, though, they have kind of lost their place in the rock journalism world since they were sold.

GeraldFord
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »

axl needs to do something because i just got back from the states (LA and the west coast area) and there was absolutely no one interested in the new gn'r. for example: i had a nice dinner at the rainbow restaurant in hollywood and asked the waitress if there was a picture of axl rose (axl raaaowse is how she pronounced it) somewhere on their wall. she said "i don't know, but slash is everywhere, he comes here all the time"(who cares?) . then she asked another girl who worked there. she said that axl wasn't coming today (i didn't ask for that, but thanks for sharing), and that it was a while ago that he last visited the rainbow. than she said that axl's face is weird and that he is nasty. sounded funny to me, but disrespectful. after that, i talked with the manager of the rainbow about led zeppelin (cuz i was wearing a zep shirt) and then went on talking about axl again. he showed me a pic of axl from 2002-2003 with his new hairstyle and he made fun of it. now that's how much people still care about axl. he seems nothing more then a fun spot.

Well that just proves no one cares!  hihi Roll Eyes
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 11:51:46 AM »

i'm sure axl knows what he needs to do, but i doubt rolling stone will get an interview from him.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 12:40:35 PM »

Well that just proves no one cares!  hihi Roll Eyes

really!!! hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 02:11:25 PM »

Nice unnecessary dig at Slash there, pal. And you're saying the waitresses were disrespectful towards Axl. Interesting. I understand Mr. Hudson hasn't been in the band for 10 years, but must we pick favorites?

Rolling Stone cover - that is obviously going to happen. They've been writing about this album almost every issue for the last year.

The record will get a 4 star review...if it is worthy of a 4 star review.

Then again, St. Anger got 3.5 stars, so I guess anything is possible.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 03:01:49 PM »

It can't hurt and I'm sure it's already in the works. beer
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 03:19:56 PM »

No.Axl needs Chinese Democracy....and a manager Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 03:42:55 PM »

I'm not sure about that, I heard a 4 star review from Rolling Stone can cost hunders and hundreds of dollars.

Coming up with hudreds and hundreds of dollars is no problem for Axl. I do believe you about paying off the mag for a good review. That would explain some of those awful albums that get 4 stars.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 03:48:37 PM »

A 5 star review on iTunes is the way to go and we all need to write reviews when the single becomes available. Reviews from the people have much more weight. The weight can be our gift.

u dont think Axl has a couple hundred bucks on hand?
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 03:56:55 PM »

Nice unnecessary dig at Slash there, pal. And you're saying the waitresses were disrespectful towards Axl. Interesting. I understand Mr. Hudson hasn't been in the band for 10 years, but must we pick favorites?

Rolling Stone cover - that is obviously going to happen. They've been writing about this album almost every issue for the last year.

The record will get a 4 star review...if it is worthy of a 4 star review.

Then again, St. Anger got 3.5 stars, so I guess anything is possible.

i don't dig slash, i like him alot. but in the context of what i was talking about, slash didn't matter. i mean, the lady didn't even now that slash was out of guns.
Annie
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 06:25:14 PM »

A new AXL cover would totally rock! hihi
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »

Getting on the cover of RS isn't what's going to give Axl credibility. Releasing CD is what's going to give him credibility.

King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 07:16:42 PM »

I think all record reviews from Rolling Stone are based on a five-star system, at least they used to be.

Without guaranteeing it, I'd say it is a safe bet that Axl, or perhaps the entire band, will be on Rolling Stone's cover prior to the release date.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 07:29:52 PM »

I'm sure GnR will be on Rolling Stone when the time comes.  The question is, how much will Axl cooperate with the magazine?  After the whole "Nov. 21" story that ran, it sounds as if the magazine didn't exactly do the Guns camp any favors...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: