Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER Frontman Issues 'Open Letter' To UNIV. OF NOTRE DAME Head Coach
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER Frontman Issues 'Open Letter' To UNIV. OF NOTRE DAME Head Coach  (Read 8162 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 08, 2007, 06:42:13 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland (ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS) has released the following "open letter" to Charlie Weis, the current head coach of the University of Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team:

"Okay Charlie, at this point I am going to assume that you haven't spoken to the Giants' organization about their 'potential coaching job.' But LEAVING NOTRE DAME, your alma mater, without having achieved really anything of monolithic proportions like you've promised us, is absurd and unfair. So at this point, I will get on my knees and beg. Don't do it, coach. Don't do it! Stay and do what you promised; your team, your school, the fans, the legacy deserves to be taken to the promised land. Your recruits, Charlie, who are just beginning to trickle in, came to play for you. You! Not someone else and they are coming to South Bend to those brutal winters from places all over the country ? from the South to Southern Cal, just to be led to the promised land. Jimmy Clausen, the most highly recruited player in high school football, committed to Notre Dame. When asked why in a recent interview, he said to play for coach Weis and get a new environment. Why? The promised land, the crown jewel, the national championship. But we can't start talking about Notre Dame in the same breath as a national championship yet. You've gotta win one. The team's gotta go out there and get one. We, the Irish nation, fight for it with you together and we will all win one together and walk away to the promised land together.

"Yours truly, Scott Weiland, rock n' roll singer, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, VELVET REVOLVER, legacy and Notre Dame football fan."

Source: Blabbermouth.net

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 07:30:19 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:09:14 PM »

ok....wtf what that i just read?

html sucks
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »

What the.....Scott on drugs again?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 07:32:24 PM »

What the hell was he smoking or shooting up when he decided to write this?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 07:34:07 PM »

good, it's not only me not understanding hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 07:36:11 PM »

From an interview with Scott Weiland from 2005

Rumor has it you like Notre Dame. Is that true?

Oh yeah, that's true. I love Notre Dame. Notre Dame runs deep in my family. My dad went there and played football [there] actually. I grew up in Cleveland and I remember going to my great aunt's for Thanksgiving. She lived in Evanston, Ill., so when we were in the area, we would all go over to South Bend for Notre Dame football. Now I sit on my couch every Saturday during the season and watch them. I sit there with my fingers crossed and I sweat and say my Hail Mary's. When they lose, I'm depressed for like three days!

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3/story?page=buckheit/weiland

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 07:40:02 PM »

He's a Notre Dame fan, and is disappointed in the recent turn of events.  Compared to past rants and actions, I'm not sure why this is so perplexing to everyone...   hihi
darkmonth
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 08:24:32 PM »

What is fucking shit ...

is that when did Slash last introduce himself as Slash, GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER etc ...

It's Slash of Velvet Revolver ...

So it's Scott of Velvet Revolver.

To say Scott of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver ... that's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the rest of the band surely?

He's in VR, not STP.  Gah... I LOVE VR, but that's annoyed me.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 09:00:13 PM »

He's a Notre Dame fan, and is disappointed in the recent turn of events.? Compared to past rants and actions, I'm not sure why this is so perplexing to everyone...? ?hihi

Exactly.

Just a fan with a message and a forum to do it in.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GNRslaxl
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 09:55:49 PM »

What is fucking shit ...

is that when did Slash last introduce himself as Slash, GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER etc ...

It's Slash of Velvet Revolver ...

So it's Scott of Velvet Revolver.

To say Scott of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver ... that's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the rest of the band surely?

He's in VR, not STP.? Gah... I LOVE VR, but that's annoyed me.

I agree with you, is there a need to put STP? from what i know he's not in STP anymore... and just like you said, Slash introduce himself as Slash from VR... not from GNR AND VR ... no
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:59:16 PM by GNRslaxl » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 10:19:28 PM »

I'm sure Charlie Weis could give two shits what Scott Weiland thinks he should do.  Although I do agree with him, he should stay at ND.  Better things are to come, he's got a lifetime contract with plenty of cash.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »

He's a Notre Dame fan, and is disappointed in the recent turn of events.  Compared to past rants and actions, I'm not sure why this is so perplexing to everyone...   hihi

Exactly.

Ok, but why an open letter?

Fuck 'Em All.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 11:19:41 PM »

He's a Notre Dame fan, and is disappointed in the recent turn of events.? Compared to past rants and actions, I'm not sure why this is so perplexing to everyone...? ?hihi

Exactly.

Ok, but why an open letter?

Why not?

It really no more than a blog entry on his own personal myspace page.. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »

Who gives a fuck if he wants to post this?  People around here rip Scott for the fucking stupidest things. Also Scott should be proud of his accomplishments with STP. 

darkmonth
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »

Also Scott should be proud of his accomplishments with STP. 

Dude... I think you just missed the entire point.

I didn't say he shouldn't be proud of his achievements .... 
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 11:38:31 AM »

Also Scott should be proud of his accomplishments with STP.?

Dude... I think you just missed the entire point.

I didn't say he shouldn't be proud of his achievements ....?

I just don't see it as disrespectful to anyone.. There was never an STP without Scott so why not say he is from STP too.  Axl is still running around with a band called Guns N'Roses. That is one reason Slash and those guys don't say they are from Guns.. Either way I don't see the big deal...

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 10:04:15 PM »

I think that's awsome.  I am also a big Notre Dame fan and did not expect Scott to be one. 
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 12:25:55 AM »

When I read the title of this thread, I thought maybe this was going to be about Scott issuing a letter in mockery of Axl's letter...but this is just strange.  At least he's not for USC.   ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »

College football is so overrated, and college basketball for that matter. 

I mean seriously, what's the big idea? Half of those players wouldn't even be attending university if it wasn't for these sports.

Either way this is a huge pile of crap, I'm only interested in hearing things musically related.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 02:22:52 PM »

College football is so overrated, and college basketball for that matter.?

I mean seriously, what's the big idea? Half of those players wouldn't even be attending university if it wasn't for these sports.

Either way this is a huge pile of crap, I'm only interested in hearing things musically related.

Of course, because musicians shouldn't have any interests outside of music, right? Roll Eyes

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: