Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:27:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  rumours of the bands whereabouts / Axl in Vegas
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rumours of the bands whereabouts / Axl in Vegas  (Read 22339 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2007, 08:17:20 PM »

also, i agree that it isn't just up to the band regarding a cd's release date. however, if a band gives a date for a release and then someone says that it isn't just up to the band regarding the release date, then giving a release date is meaningless unless the band knows that everything is done and ready to go. any business owner (in this case, axl) should be held accountable for the things he says about his company.

Obviously a band wants the album as soon as possible. But maybe the record company says "sorry, we need more time".

Are you gonna blame the band if that happened?

There's a lot of things that are outside the band's control. That's why there's record companies.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Casey Shelton
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »

On the bright side:

Axl is working and playing.  Health is important.  The "muse" must be sticking around.  All systems go. 
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »

also, i agree that it isn't just up to the band regarding a cd's release date. however, if a band gives a date for a release and then someone says that it isn't just up to the band regarding the release date, then giving a release date is meaningless unless the band knows that everything is done and ready to go. any business owner (in this case, axl) should be held accountable for the things he says about his company.

Obviously a band wants the album as soon as possible. But maybe the record company says "sorry, we need more time".

There's a lot of things that are outside the band's control. That's why there's record companies.? Wink

/jarmo

im not looking to blame anyone. my point just had to do with bands/people making statements about whats going on within their band/company. if a band/company comes out with a statement about when a product is coming out, it should be reliable so we can trust them and count on what they are saying. if they continually say something and nothing happens, we begin to lose faith and trust in what they have said. its sort of like the boy that cried wolf story...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2007, 08:44:16 PM »

Ten-ta-tive
Adjective
not certain or fixed; provisional
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2007, 08:52:06 PM »

i dont get why everone is so upset

- axl said the had finishing touches put on
- bumblefoot said there goin into studio on friday

and im just speculating but how would the newspaper know what they were doing in the studio unless axl was interviewed by them

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2007, 09:00:15 PM »

i dont get why everone is so upset

- axl said the had finishing touches put on
- bumblefoot said there goin into studio on friday

and im just speculating but how would the newspaper know what they were doing in the studio unless axl was interviewed by them

A friend talks to a friend

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2007, 03:27:49 AM »

There's a lot of things that are outside the band's control. That's why there's record companies.? Wink

/jarmo

The record company also wants CD out as soon as possible to start recouping some of that bread.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
guns_n_motley
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2007, 08:48:18 AM »

dont know why people are upset. this is the exact thing axl talked about in the letter they would do. do we really know if hes laying down vocals?? the article says so, but what do they know really.

March 6 was always sort of unrealistic. I always expected them to get in the studio last week/this week finish it up.

the release date will probably be around March 20 like merck said
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2007, 09:20:08 AM »

According to blabbermouth, the Las Vegas review is reporting Axl is in town laying down vocals at a local recording studio-maybe someone can provide the link here-I'm no computer person-sorry-good or bad news-he's still laying down vocals? More new songs?

libertad
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2007, 09:22:07 AM »

IF IT'S TRUE....

It's probably the "very minor additions" he talked about in his open letter.  The timeline would work out, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »

Agreed-I think it's the work Merk was talking about also-I think he said 3 days worth?

libertad
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2007, 09:28:57 AM »

If he's actually just now doing that, the album won't come out on March 6th.

After it is all recorded, they still have to mix the thing. Granted it is probably already pretty much mixed, but they will have to tweak the songs with the new vocals at least.

They will also need to master it.

That is unless the "muse" decides not to show up again as it didn't all last year when he was trying to make these "minor additions". Then mixing and mastering would be the least of their concerns.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2007, 09:37:36 AM »

do we really know if hes laying down vocals?? the article says so, but what do they know really.

This is absolutely right. Tell me, whats wrong with just waiting until the cd is released or until we hear otherwise?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2007, 09:40:29 AM »

do we really know if hes laying down vocals?? the article says so, but what do they know really.

This is absolutely right. Tell me, whats wrong with just waiting until the cd is released or until we hear otherwise?

Then why are you here?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2007, 09:41:15 AM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=64923
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2007, 09:52:25 AM »

After it is all recorded, they still have to mix the thing. Granted it is probably already pretty much mixed, but they will have to tweak the songs with the new vocals at least.

That is unless the "muse" decides not to show up again as it didn't all last year when he was trying to make these "minor additions". Then mixing and mastering would be the least of their concerns.

Mixing in backing vocals on a track can be VERY quickly done.  Mastering it, once it's mixed, can be pretty quick, too...

Given the dates in the letter, and the info we've gotten from "other" places (which can't be discussed here), it sounds, to me, like they're pretty much on schedule if the report is true.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2007, 10:19:47 AM »

Then why are you here?

To give you the benefit of my supreme calm.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2007, 10:20:34 AM »

Mixing in backing vocals on a track can be VERY quickly done.? Mastering it, once it's mixed, can be pretty quick, too...

Given the dates in the letter, and the info we've gotten from "other" places (which can't be discussed here), it sounds, to me, like they're pretty much on schedule if the report is true.

Agreed, this week and last was always going to be when he headed back to the studio if the March 6th target is to be reached. Right now I think were exactly at the stage we should be. We just have to hope it gets finished this time.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2007, 10:24:30 AM »

Right now I think were exactly at the stage we should be.

Agree.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2007, 12:20:38 PM »

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2007/Jan-07-Sun-2007/news/11834677.html

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is putting the final vocals down on a new album that he has been working on at the Palms recording studios. The new album is due out in March.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: