Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:27:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's new voice/sound will REACH MILLIONS...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's new voice/sound will REACH MILLIONS...  (Read 4191 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: January 07, 2007, 04:49:43 AM »

I've played several new songs to SEVERAL people, and all are in awe.  I'm not just saying this.  Even people that try to hate on Axl and the new GN'R to try and piss me off agree that the new sound is great.  BETTER seems to be a hit with everyone I've played it with.  I just got back from a party that absoulely fell in LOVE with better.  I didn't say anything to anyone and just looked at people to see what reaction they would give to the new track, and everyone in the room jammed out to this song more than any other played tongiht.  Just letting you know HARLEY DAVIDSON had the right idea, BETTER will hit it big.  CHINESE DEMOCRACY is something else, and it will affect many people when it hits in March.  This is big, and Axl's new swagger will show people he means business. beer
Damn what a good night, heres to drinking, driving hundreds of miles to see GN'R, and the potential of CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:28:16 AM »

Agreed. A lot of people are underestimating this album. The general public and media don't know what's about to hit them.
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 08:58:30 AM »

yeah, Better is DEFINITLY  a hit.

Back in fall I had a "20 min speaking of a famsoue Person speak" guess who....

And I showed them 2 clips, the first was the VMA's 88' wttj, and the second was Better from rock am ring. Guess what, people was really, raelly positiv about the Better performance, they really liked hes voice. And they thaught the band sounded better, louder and just better than at the VMA's in 88'.

And I TOTALLY agree.

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 09:04:46 AM »

i never why everyone think these songs are amazing and have mass appeal. i think they are average, nothing amazing, there good songs but i wouldnt go any further to say they were amazing like i would say older gnr songs were.

html sucks
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 09:04:59 AM »

I just played Better to a friend of mine, who hadn't seen or heard of GNR since RIR3. I showed the Rock Am Ring recording to demonstrate this band no longer looks like "a freak show", as he once put it. He said a song like that, he should hear a few times before having an opinion. Fair enough, I showed him the New Jersey 2-cam video, with Axl's significantly improved singing voice. After he asked do I have it on mp3. I play the mp3, during the first verse he reaches out for his mp3 player.  Grin

He found TWAT most promising overall on the studio cuts, yet said Better is probably the single that'll make GNR great again.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 09:12:13 AM »

agreed...I thing better will be another scom!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »

cut the annoying high pitched freak intro and it could be.

html sucks
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 09:23:02 AM »

I and many of my friends really like the intro it's great, nothing annoying in my opinion.

Better is  the perfect first single, because it's original and it should be followed by a more relaxed song like the blues or madagascar as a second single, or something we haven't heard untill now.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 09:30:44 AM »

Isn't it great when you find the music you love impresses your friends too? Like multiplying happiness.

Incidentally, My brother bought himself a pair of bettas after he heard better.

i think they are average, nothing amazing, there good songs but i wouldnt go any further to say they were amazing like i would say older gnr songs were.

But we know better  Grin

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 09:41:24 AM »

It's been said before, but those who have heard the demos/bootlegs will already be used to the song, and I think will not as impressed with the finished version as others. But at least we go to hear them first.? beer

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 09:54:29 AM »

I and many of my friends really like the intro it's great, nothing annoying in my opinion.

Better is  the perfect first single, because it's original and it should be followed by a more relaxed song like the blues or madagascar as a second single, or something we haven't heard untill now.

its like a sick clown type baby nignt tune they play above cots, ughh makes me shudder justthinking about it.

i like the chorus though, cool rock riffs.

html sucks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »

Better without the ebullition bit would be like decoked coke. Or Scom without the where-d-we-go-now bit.

Well maybe some people prefer their beer flat.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 10:45:39 AM »

I think some of the older fans dont understand that the old style is considered classic rock, still great but not acceptable. Better has the edginess for the new times. Infact to my ears, everything I have heard from the new material is better than most of the material on UYI I and stands toe to toe with UYI II. 
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »

Listening to Better or TWAT, and hearing those lyrics, its amazing how you can relate those to previous gf situations.

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 11:02:08 AM »

I can't understand why so many people complain about the intro to better. I f*cking love it, that guitar riff is so memorable and Axl's singing is nice.

Du-du-du-du-du-du-duuuuh, du-du-du-duuuh, du-du-du-di-du-di-du, du da.....  peace

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 12:20:56 PM »

I can't understand why so many people complain about the intro to better. I f*cking love it, that guitar riff is so memorable and Axl's singing is nice.

Du-du-du-du-du-du-duuuuh, du-du-du-duuuh, du-du-du-di-du-di-du, du da.....  peace

hihi

i agree.  the intro is completely original, so different from any of their other stuff and yet still with that axl-ness element.  it's the shit...i don't understand how some people find it grating.  plus it's good to see that material from new collaborations (go robin!) is causing such a positive buzz.  well, among our friends anyway.

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »

I think the intro to Better is one of my favorite parts of any Gn'R song.  Great, fantastic intro.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 05:29:03 PM »

I've played several new songs to SEVERAL people, and all are in awe.? I'm not just saying this.? Even people that try to hate on Axl and the new GN'R to try and piss me off agree that the new sound is great.? BETTER seems to be a hit with everyone I've played it with.? I just got back from a party that absoulely fell in LOVE with better.? I didn't say anything to anyone and just looked at people to see what reaction they would give to the new track, and everyone in the room jammed out to this song more than any other played tongiht.? Just letting you know HARLEY DAVIDSON had the right idea, BETTER will hit it big.? CHINESE DEMOCRACY is something else, and it will affect many people when it hits in March.? This is big, and Axl's new swagger will show people he means business. beer
Damn what a good night, heres to drinking, driving hundreds of miles to see GN'R, and the potential of CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!

I've played the leaked demos & some live cuts for some, and songs like Better, Catcher, TWAT, IRS, CD, The Blues, and Madagascar always get rave reviews.

This is good stuff folks.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 05:35:03 PM »

i`ve probably mentioned it before, but the people "around me" (18-20 years old) were all very, very surprised about the new guns and seriously LOVE better.

my friends alone will buy a combined 10 copies of chinese democracy, so i think it`ll be a success,

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 07:21:16 PM »

all my friends are idiots that suckle from the tit of MTV. i've tryed numerous times to get them to listen to some of the tracks, but i'm waiting for the day when it comes out and they hear that the band singing is G'n'R i garentee you all that there jaw will drop. I'm actually anxous to get into one of those fights that where people say "yeah its this new band that just came out called Guns'n'Roses" or they do that to a song that they dont know that its a cover......pfft dumb asses

CHINESE DEMOCRACY will be the start of good music once again beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: