Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Axl's voice/music/words inspire you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Axl's voice/music/words inspire you?  (Read 5850 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 01:27:44 PM »

It does for me. I sometimes feel like shit and Axl's voice makes life a little less sucky.

There's a ton of shit he's written that really moves me. The most recent of which is easily:

"A broken heart to provide the spark for my determination"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Red_Locks
Headliner

...you can't put your hands around a memory...

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 02:00:42 PM »

I have to say that not only the music inspires me, but also some of the rants..this one for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDC2J_E0rY really inspired me to tell some *certain people* what I thought of them. It gave me the courage to stand up for myself and "not let them get away with the crap they've done to me".

Off course..the music has always been inspirational. "Yesterday" and "estranged" have always touched me in some way or the other..and "get in the ring" too..

Fuck the poets of the past, my friends..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862JtVBBv78? ..GNR during their free time
aimz
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 03:37:53 PM »

i do find alot of songs...(like yesterdays,and all that) really inspiring...but i actually find his actual life..(his childhood life that is) really inspiring,cos i find myself relating some of the stuff that happens in my life to the way he was as a kid...yeah weired but hey...why not?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 04:05:22 PM by aimz » Logged
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 05:30:57 PM »

It does for me. I sometimes feel like shit and Axl's voice makes life a little less sucky.

No, not really. I usually want to laugh when i'm down.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Rosettta7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 07:28:10 PM »

Music can be so powerful, and Guns N' Roses is particularly so!  I like to listen to the Appetite for Destruction album from start to finish.  It always makes me feel like I can do anything I set my mind to do.  It's an amazing album in that I like every song on it, and I can just play it and it's like being blasted out of a cannon right till the last song.

Don't Cry, November Rain, and Estranged are also my favorites.  I love to skate to those songs cranked loud on the rink's speakers!  It inspires my blades to glide across the ice whenever I hear a GNR song!

I also really like Madagascar and can't wait to have it on CD!
GeraldFord
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »

There's a ton of shit he's written that really moves me. The most recent of which is easily:

"A broken heart to provide the spark for my determination"

love that line
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 09:03:16 PM »

Definently.  His voice, his lyrics, they heal the soul.  That's one of the few voices that you can listen to over and over and it will never get old.  Songs like Estranged, November Rain, Better, Yesterdays, Don't Cry, Sweet Child O' Mine, The Blues, TWAT, IRS, Catcher in the Rye, Coma- those songs are pure gold, and have definently helped me through rough nights, and inspired me to write some stuff of my own. 

Some say it's hairy, others say it's scary
I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »

LOL this thread is starting to sound like a Bono-convention, in my opinion. Praising Axl like he's a deity, :lol: ! But yeah, some of the lyrics are pretty good. They just don't really move me when I'm down shit's creek unless it's a really special condition.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GeraldFord
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 11:14:13 PM »

LOL this thread is starting to sound like a Bono-convention, in my opinion. Praising Axl like he's a deity, :lol: ! But yeah, some of the lyrics are pretty good. They just don't really move me when I'm down shit's creek unless it's a really special condition.

I like Bono and all....

But there is ONLY ONE W. AXL ROSE...

Jr. High and High School would have sucked without:

Breakdown
Dead Horse
Estranged
SCOM
PC
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 12:00:39 AM »

Catcher in the Rye definatly has something different. At least I feel something different when I listen that. And I want to listen the song every second. November Rain and Estranged also make me feel something different. Like I'm close to the heaven ;p dunno how to explain.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 01:33:45 AM »

Axl is a great artist, the songs are very relaxing

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 01:26:34 AM »

his songs and lyrics have helped me through some tough times. i respect him and love him for helping me. i only listen to artists/songs that really move me and axl takes the cake. thats why me and most of u guys are here in the first place lol.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 09:42:26 AM »

Even in the darkest days, Axl can make me see some light. I know it sounds weird, but some songs really makes me thing of all the good things and I can sit here for myself in front of the computer, smiling. Just because I heard a Guns N' Roses song. I don't know why, but even though we all know Axl's an asshole, he is the only person that I don't know personally, that can make me happy and see the light in the darkest days.

(I feel like a gay saying this)
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 02:28:22 PM »

The songs hit home for me because I've faced many addiction problems (still have some), a bit of trouble with the law, and depression over my life/world in general. I love his voice! The words probably can't be considered poetry like some of Sting's stuff but they do hit home. And Axl never fails to fire me up when I want to have a good time or need inspiration to work out! LOL Plus the music invokes memories of a time that I would love to return to. I think it's more that I can relate to him and expressing himself through music versus a come to jesus I'm going to change the world lyrics of Bono.

Does anyone here think Axl's voice sort of sounds like Ethel Merman? Cats on this site probably do not know who that is. She was a big Broadway star and movie star from a long time ago. Wonder if he found any inspiration from her in developing his sound? Don't laugh either, this is a legit question. Does anyone else think this?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Polly Parrot
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »

Prevents me from throwing things at people when I get angry ok
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 05:12:18 PM »

Yes. He's one of the reasons that I am still alive today. Sure, I may only be 17, but I've had my share of problems, issues, chemical dependancys (sp?), etc. There's always a song out there for me, that'll 'put me back into place' sort of speak, get me back on the same level as I was when I started the day. He's one of the very few musicans that I can listen to day in and day out and not get tired of him, his lyrics, music, etc.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »

Yes. He's one of the reasons that I am still alive today. Sure, I may only be 17, but I've had my share of problems, issues, chemical dependancys (sp?), etc. There's always a song out there for me, that'll 'put me back into place' sort of speak, get me back on the same level as I was when I started the day. He's one of the very few musicans that I can listen to day in and day out and not get tired of him, his lyrics, music, etc.

i second everything you just said, i'm only fucking 16 but have also been down some deep shit,

and also when i'm havin' problems with the love, there's songs for that, fights with people there are songs for that, and other stuff that i don't wanna go into, there's songs for that
his voice can sound like he feels my pain you get what i mean, and he can calm me down when i need it, if i would listen to don't cry yeah this sounds gay but i don't fuckin' care, but i can get like tears in my eyes just because that it feels  like he cares about me and don't want me to feel the way i do

damn it even silkworms have helped me
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 11:21:43 PM »

Surprisingly, only a few GNR songs are "good enough" for me to run to on the tread mill.

you can be mine
its so easy (RIR - "get that guy outta here" - version)
down on the farm
jungle

The garden used to be on that list but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I find Buckcherry has more songs that get me motivated/pumped up.  I think its b/c Josh Todd is always yelling "come on" or "yeah", or "oh yeah" or something like that - its like i have a personal trainer hahah.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Malkav
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »

Definitely, Axl can express the most deepest feelings with his lyrics and voice
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 03:29:49 PM »

There was literally a point in my life where I was depressed and isolated from everyone because nothing seemed to be going right or making much sense. I had an awakening which was 100% due to the power of SCOM. It was the one thing that found all of the emotions I was feeling at the time, reached in, grabbed them by the throat, shook them senseless, and left me changed forever.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: