Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:47:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 413351 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4240 on: March 10, 2008, 04:14:04 PM »

Yeah on any other day Man Utd would have hammered Pompy, they should have done on Saturday, they had the chances but it wasn't to be, it happens to everyone. Good to see Ferguson and Quieroz so gracious in defeat after the game though  Roll Eyes Why bother bringing Taylor into it?

I still think the title will have Utd's name on it come May again, Arsenal look like they're going to bottle it.

I was cheering for all the under dogs this weekend in the FA cup but unfortunately with them all winning it leaves a fairly drab prospect for the final. It's a great story for the fans of the clubs involved but for the neutral come final day how many people are going to want to watch a potential Cardiff vs West Brom final for example as opposed to say a Man Utd vs Barnsley final? There's a story in a match like that, whereas Cardiff vs West Brom is uninteresting whatever they're playing for.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4241 on: March 10, 2008, 04:36:22 PM »

reports say the fa will be lowering ticket prices now because of the teams involved, they are a shower of bastards, my cup final ticket lasy year cost me ?60 for a ticket behind the goals, just showed how they milked us last year because of the teams involved, i hope they dont sell out the games and the FA get screwed
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4242 on: March 10, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »

I was cheering for all the under dogs this weekend in the FA cup but unfortunately with them all winning it leaves a fairly drab prospect for the final. It's a great story for the fans of the clubs involved but for the neutral come final day how many people are going to want to watch a potential Cardiff vs West Brom final for example as opposed to say a Man Utd vs Barnsley final? There's a story in a match like that, whereas Cardiff vs West Brom is uninteresting whatever they're playing for.

Nah mate. I'd take any of the four potential finals over a repeat of United Chelsea any day of the week. Now THAT would be a fairly drab final. And it was!

I think that we'd all agree that the Liverpool West Ham final of a couple of years back was the best final by miles in recent years. In a perfect world a dream final would include a Manchester United or an Arsenal against a Tottenham or an Aston Villa. Actually, screw that. You'd want two teams that would give it a real go, and I'd take Spurs Villa over a top four clash each and every time.

I cannot remember a top four tie in recent years that has in any way lived up to the hype.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4243 on: March 10, 2008, 04:51:31 PM »

i have to agree, it was actually painful to be at last years final, then it went to extra time, and then to top it all off we fecking lost!!!

its the first time since 1995 that one of the big4 wont have won the cup
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #4244 on: March 10, 2008, 06:40:13 PM »

Speaking of matches United should had won, remember the 05 final? I doubt even the most hardcore Arsenal fan can say that they shouldn't had lost that game...that's football, that's what happened at the United-Pompey game...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4245 on: March 10, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »

Alright, alright, how about we get on to matches that United should have lost, eh? 1999 against Bayern Munich anyone?  Tongue

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
MadmanDan
Legend

« Reply #4246 on: March 11, 2008, 07:30:23 AM »

Alright, alright, how about we get on to matches that United should have lost, eh? 1999 against Bayern Munich anyone?  Tongue

Nah, that was just football kicking Germans in the ass for not being real Germans...in the last minutes of the game they were smiling and cheering on the bench like it was 3-0...and they got it right up the arse.

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4247 on: March 11, 2008, 08:03:47 AM »

hey what about the day we were 3-0 down at half time at white hart lane!!!! im sure you remember that one  rofl
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4248 on: March 11, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »

Nah mate. I'd take any of the four potential finals over a repeat of United Chelsea any day of the week. Now THAT would be a fairly drab final. And it was!

I think that we'd all agree that the Liverpool West Ham final of a couple of years back was the best final by miles in recent years. In a perfect world a dream final would include a Manchester United or an Arsenal against a Tottenham or an Aston Villa. Actually, screw that. You'd want two teams that would give it a real go, and I'd take Spurs Villa over a top four clash each and every time.

True, but that's why I said Man Utd vs Barnsley rather than Utd vs Chelsea because like you said big 4 clashes rarely live up to the hype. They always cancel each other out, it happens in the league as well, both sides defences are usually so well drilled the game turns into a stalemate. Liverpool West Ham was by far the best final in recent times, a slight miss match in abilities usually produces a better final than two evenly matched big clubs, Pompy vs Chelsea could have been a good final had the weekends results worked out differently.

I cannot remember a top four tie in recent years that has in any way lived up to the hype.

Nah there hasn't been one, I seem to remember Arsenal vs Liverpool was pretty good but that was 7 or 8 years ago now.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
MadmanDan
Legend

« Reply #4249 on: March 11, 2008, 12:27:25 PM »

hey what about the day we were 3-0 down at half time at white hart lane!!!! im sure you remember that one  rofl

OOH, that must have hurt !  Grin

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #4250 on: March 12, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »

Damn, spurs just scored 0-1, really do NOT like that team
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4251 on: March 12, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »

bummer, spurs and everton out on penos, guess it not just the english national team that cant win shoot outs
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4252 on: March 12, 2008, 06:50:32 PM »

I am yet to see a team that I'm rooting for win on penalties. Though that's not strictly true (Spain in 96), it sure feels like it. Gutted. I HATE penalties. Not just the also losing, but I just feel sick the whole time.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
MadmanDan
Legend

« Reply #4253 on: March 13, 2008, 09:00:15 PM »

I don't know why you Englishmen watch penalty shootouts...I would just turn off the TV and start cursing...

I felt sorry for both Everton and Spurs, but a little more for Everton, they had a fantastic game, only Frey's brilliance kept them out of the next round

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4254 on: March 13, 2008, 10:04:30 PM »

I felt sorry for both Everton and Spurs, but a little more for Everton, they had a fantastic game, only Frey's brilliance kept them out of the next round

thats not true, there was two legs in the tie, everton were lucky to be only 2-0 down from the first leg
MadmanDan
Legend

« Reply #4255 on: March 14, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »

thats not true, there was two legs in the tie, everton were lucky to be only 2-0 down from the first leg

Got me there, haben't seen the first leg...

Roma again !! Everyone seems to be pretty happy and confident, but I'm not too pleased with the draw...++

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4256 on: March 14, 2008, 09:37:14 AM »

im happy enough with the draw, we have the 2nd leg at home, if win we will most likely play barca and we have the 2nd leg at home too, and if we get to the final wel play an english team and we will be the home team

wooo, getting a bit ahead of meself i think
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4257 on: March 14, 2008, 09:50:05 AM »

I wouldn't be suprised at all if you didn't get past Roma. You used to be bankers in the Champions League, for a performance at least, but in the last few years the matches you've gone out on have been poor or worse.

My money is on a Barcelona Liverpool final.

Jesus though. Imagine if it was a Manchester United Chelsea final. It doesn't bear thinking of...

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:53:04 AM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4258 on: March 14, 2008, 09:52:36 AM »

Oh, and I forgot,

, oi! How about when it was 0-0 on the brink of half time at the Lane, Ronaldo dived for the penalty and we ended up going down 0-4. Or Pedro Mendes, err, "goal." I hate Manchester United.

Though not as much as I used to!

Though, Fergie did show himself to be as bad a loser as Wenger after the Portsmouth match. Subsequently went down a few notches in my book.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #4259 on: March 14, 2008, 10:04:40 AM »

Oh, and I forgot,

, oi! How about when it was 0-0 on the brink of half time at the Lane, Ronaldo dived for the penalty and we ended up going down 0-4. Or Pedro Mendes, err, "goal." I hate Manchester United.

Though not as much as I used to!

Though, Fergie did show himself to be as bad a loser as Wenger after the Portsmouth match. Subsequently went down a few notches in my book.

or even this season with the injury time equaliser!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: