Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Friends calling me about a new gnr song on radio
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Friends calling me about a new gnr song on radio  (Read 5392 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 06:14:45 AM »

I'm still thinking the first radio single will show up around January 23rd or so. That would make the album's release date of March 6th still very possible.

All of the stations under our corporate umbrella are already airing singles from new albums set to hit stores in March. So, yes, its very likely and possible.

Not possible or likely, it's what needs to happen if it's to be released early March. Not looking too good though. Time's running out once again.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 06:29:42 AM »

You'll hear "Better" as the single around the Super Bowl. That's when the Harley ad will re-emerge, or possibly an album promo. Just my thinking.
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 07:27:44 AM »

Surely it'll be at least after Jan 16th, since we know they'll have done some studio time by that point. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 07:49:54 AM »

You'll hear "Better" as the single around the Super Bowl. That's when the Harley ad will re-emerge, or possibly an album promo. Just my thinking.

Not a bad idea. Makes sense!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 12:22:09 PM »

i just heard a song from a band that is releasing an album in march, so yeah, january is still looking good
ShortShit
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 09:50:26 PM »

Couldn't you just go to WIOT.com (104.7 website) and see their tracklist or e-mail the dj to ask them?
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 11:31:01 PM »

I showed a friend the demo version of Better and she said she loved it. She will even burn the demo and listen when she is working. She said that she really wants to listen the full studio version. I said "I think that in some weeks this music will be a single... we'll see".

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 01:40:00 AM »

yeah i agree that it's the demo but a single shouldn't be far off  Grin

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 01:43:48 AM »

i think before a single hits the radio we'll get to see the artwork for the album.
and the single might not be available for us to buy. it could be just a release for the radios with a video and the first pressed product available to people might be chinese democracy

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 02:02:42 AM »

i think before a single hits the radio we'll get to see the artwork for the album.
and the single might not be available for us to buy. it could be just a release for the radios with a video and the first pressed product available to people might be chinese democracy

I still have a hunch that we've SEEN the artwork...the black image of the Chinese man, in a boat, with a red background that's displayed during the playing of "Chinese Democracy."  I think it could be a cool, iconic album cover, because it's a simple image, and the color red is so connected with China/communism, etc.  Just a thought, but I wouldn't be surprised.  It would be cool if the stained glass shown during Maddy were in the booklet, too. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 02:18:48 AM »

i didn't say we haven't seen it, i'm just saying it will be made official.
so the first thing i'm expecting is not a single but a press release of some sorts presenting the artwork.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 02:35:23 AM »

so the first thing i'm expecting is not a single but a press release of some sorts presenting the artwork.

Sorry, wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.  Either way, I think good artwork will be important for this album.  All their previous covers have had bold colors, but simple art.  Striking, and easy to remember.  Especially the Illusions.  That's why I think the on screen imagery when they play Chinese Democracy might make for a good cover.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »

Sorry, wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.  Either way, I think good artwork will be important for this album.  All their previous covers have had bold colors, but simple art.  Striking, and easy to remember.  Especially the Illusions.  That's why I think the on screen imagery when they play Chinese Democracy might make for a good cover.

GN'R played "Chinese Democracy" neither of the times I've more recently been fortunate to see them. So, I'm in the dark on this image. Does anyone have a picture of it they could post or send me? It sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't remember it specifically and I've never seen that song performed live. Thanks.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 11:06:30 PM »

GN'R played "Chinese Democracy" neither of the times I've more recently been fortunate to see them. So, I'm in the dark on this image. Does anyone have a picture of it they could post or send me? It sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't remember it specifically and I've never seen that song performed live. Thanks.

Here's a pic that someone posted in another thread:

It's simple, but powerful and I think it would make a damned fine cover.  Just my opinion, though.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 11:12:44 PM »

Tis okay.  I'm hoping for something mind-blowing though.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 11:53:26 PM »

Here's a pic that someone posted in another thread:

It's simple, but powerful and I think it would make a damned fine cover.  Just my opinion, though.

Cool image. I agree. Thanks beer
GeraldFord
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 12:08:59 AM »

I kinda liked the naked chick w/the Devil myself.

If the album comes out in March, we will see something soon. If we are still in the dark by Feb, I think it's safe to rule a March date out.  nervous crying
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 03:37:36 AM »

Tis okay.? I'm hoping for something mind-blowing though.

I agree. It's okay, but not mind blowing.

Personally I liked the Warfield poster artwork. That'd make a great album cover. It's like Chinese Democracy meets Use Your Illusion.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: