Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:21:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Was Axl ever sued over "Get In The Ring" and the people mentioned?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was Axl ever sued over "Get In The Ring" and the people mentioned?  (Read 8507 times)
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2007, 05:42:19 PM »

How did they get that "get in the ring" chant then? You cant just let the crowd yell that for no reason..

saratoga springs (SPAC) ny, 1991...i was there....we had to do it twice!!!

I have the show on dvd and on that it's only done once, when was it done the second time?
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »

To Ibelieveinaxl.......What was it like???   I mean who asked the crowd to chant???   were you told you were going to be on a recording??? does it sound the same in the recording...... were you told what the chanting was for???

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »

To Ibelieveinaxl.......What was it like?Huh ?I mean who asked the crowd to chant?Huh ?were you told you were going to be on a recording??? does it sound the same in the recording...... were you told what the chanting was for???

it was fun. axl told us to say it. i can't remember if he said if it was gonna be on the cd. that show was great btw....spac is a great outdoor/partly covered venue....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 06:12:53 PM »

How did they get that "get in the ring" chant then? You cant just let the crowd yell that for no reason..

saratoga springs (SPAC) ny, 1991...i was there....we had to do it twice!!!

I have the show on dvd and on that it's only done once, when was it done the second time?

axl stopped the show and asked us to say it. i remember us chanting it several times, but it was only at one point in the show...it was mid-show about...

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »

The thought of Axl being sued because of this song never crossed my mind before seeing this thread.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »

I have the show on video.

Axl tells the crowd that they recorded a new song the night before and that they want the crowd to chant "Get in the Ring" so it can be on the record. Axl thought they didnt get it on tape so they were gonna do it again, but they got it.

Then he goes on to joke a little bit saying something along the lines of "If you didnt chant dont go around telling your friends your on the Guns N' Roses record."

Something like that happened. I havent watched the show in a while, so I dont remember it exactly.

That was a good show, great setlist. Dead Horse was played.
Axl also joked about Poison breaking up that day, saying it was a sad day. But really sarcastically with a huge smile.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »

Axl tells the crowd that they recorded a new song the night before and that they want the crowd to chant "Get in the Ring" so it can be on the record. Axl thought they didnt get it on tape so they were gonna do it again, but they got it.

Then he goes on to joke a little bit saying something along the lines of "If you didnt chant dont go around telling your friends your on the Guns N' Roses record."

Something like that happened. I havent watched the show in a while, so I dont remember it exactly.

Axl also joked about Poison breaking up that day, saying it was a sad day. But really sarcastically with a huge smile.

that is how it went. thats why i asked when the second time the did they chant. since on the dvd its only done once.
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 09:31:40 PM »

To Ibelieveinaxl.......What was it like?Huh ?I mean who asked the crowd to chant?Huh ?were you told you were going to be on a recording??? does it sound the same in the recording...... were you told what the chanting was for???

don't you remember how

GUNS

N

ROSES

used to flash in the lights or in the screens at their shows?
The crowd would chant along easily every time.

!go Jets go!
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 09:38:51 PM »

To Ibelieveinaxl.......What was it like???   I mean who asked the crowd to chant???   were you told you were going to be on a recording??? does it sound the same in the recording...... were you told what the chanting was for???

don't you remember how

GUNS

N

ROSES

It wasnt Guns N' Roses they were chanting, it was Get in the Ring.
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »

don't you remember how

GUNS

N

ROSES

It wasnt Guns N' Roses they were chanting, it was Get in the Ring.

yes,yes i'm fully aware of that.
I'm just reminding everyone of how the band would get people to chant together

!go Jets go!
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 10:56:47 PM »

I believe the song was recorded in Toronto, and the chanting part was mixed during at a later date.  I always get confused between Get and the Ring and Back off Bitch, as I know Toronto was the only time they performed Back off Bitch and it was in Toronto they recoreded Get in The Ring.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 11:22:23 PM »

And if not, why didn't they ever sue?? Axl mentions people by name, magazines by name.....

Uuuhhh, freedom of speech? Just  because  one  says something negative does not mean one will be sued. Not yet anyway.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 11:28:34 PM »

I believe the song was recorded in Toronto, and the chanting part was mixed during at a later date.? I always get confused between Get and the Ring and Back off Bitch, as I know Toronto was the only time they performed Back off Bitch and it was in Toronto they recoreded Get in The Ring.

Cheers,

Andrew

they played back of bitch many, many times in mid-late 80's...

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 02:29:41 AM »

I believe the song was recorded in Toronto, and the chanting part was mixed during at a later date.? I always get confused between Get and the Ring and Back off Bitch, as I know Toronto was the only time they performed Back off Bitch and it was in Toronto they recoreded Get in The Ring.

Cheers,

Andrew

It was played a handful of times, but was typically a rare song. Many, many... no.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 02:31:53 AM »

Cheers,

Andrew

It was played a handful of times, but was typically a rare song. Many, many... no.

6 times in 86 and 1 time in 91 to be exact.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Red_Locks
Headliner

...you can't put your hands around a memory...

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »

Posted by: tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr?

hahahaha..i thought something like that would have happened:)

Fuck the poets of the past, my friends..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862JtVBBv78? ..GNR during their free time
moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 02:51:53 PM »

yes slander and defamation charges are very hard to prove in the US. easier to sue over them in the UK and Europe. so if they wanted to they could try to take them to court there with better chances of success, but i guess they never bothered.

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
huntermc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »

funny fact:

Guccione (a nine year karate student) actually responded in a letter to Axl Rose, saying that he accepted the challenge. However, no fight ever occurred.

(haha..so it wasn't THAT serious Wink)

I remember reading in an interview somewhere where Axl explained the song, saying that it wasn't about a physical fight (such as a boxing match). It was a challenge to their critics to "get in the ring" with GNR so to speak, and start their own band, make their own album, and prove that they could do better than them.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2007, 04:47:24 PM »

funny fact:

Guccione (a nine year karate student) actually responded in a letter to Axl Rose, saying that he accepted the challenge. However, no fight ever occurred.

(haha..so it wasn't THAT serious Wink)

I remember reading in an interview somewhere where Axl explained the song, saying that it wasn't about a physical fight (such as a boxing match). It was a challenge to their critics to "get in the ring" with GNR so to speak, and start their own band, make their own album, and prove that they could do better than them.

Sure it was.  Wink

Make love not war... I guess.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: