Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:36:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy sales predictions & First week sales  (Read 37081 times)
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2006, 01:28:09 AM »

There are a lot of dormant GnR fans of old

There's a lot of dormant rock fans out there too who may not have bought a CD in years.  Chinese Democracy has the potential to catch those people and make them say, "hey, this could be interesting."

To not get a figure of at least 2 million, Axl would have to fuck something up royally.  The man has never put out subpar original product before, no reason to now.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2006, 01:32:06 AM »

That is contigent on a decent advertising campaign though.
I dont think it will even require alot of advertising. The release date announcement itself will cause major media attention. I think CD is the perfect example of an album that can sell itself.

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2006, 01:44:09 AM »

That is contigent on a decent advertising campaign though.
I dont think it will even require alot of advertising. The release date announcement itself will cause major media attention. I think CD is the perfect example of an album that can sell itself.

Agree with you there - when this comes out it will be mentioned in news bulletins and stuff. But everything helps.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2006, 02:08:35 AM »

It will sell a bit more than Contraband, because of the name "GNR"...

I'll download it !
EccoTides
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2006, 02:19:28 AM »

3-4 million, 5 at most. It's an incredibly different musical climate out there right now, but with strong singles and the right promotion, I think 3-4mil is very likely.

If Contraband can manage 2 million, then judging by what we've heard, CD should have no problem exceeding that album's sales.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2006, 02:36:01 AM »

My prediction from a few years ago stands for the most part.  I'd up the US sales though, I think it sells at least 3 million in the US.  The Blues is still a big hit song, Better is a hit too, and who knows what else they have up their sleeves
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2006, 03:33:05 AM »

I think it goes without saying there are all number of factors to take into consideration when attempting to predict how well Chinese Democracy will sell. Since Chinese Democracy has the name Guns & Roses attached to it, that in itself should help it sell a few million copies.

At the present moment in time only Guns & Roses fans will know about the album, have an interest and probably buy a copy. Although thanks to the internet, I should imagine for the first time ever Guns & Roses are faced with the threat of mass downloading, especially in poorer countries.

The biggest hope for Chinese Democracy is for the album to be genuinely great and open up the flood gates for a whole new wave of  followers. If this happens then sales of  their previous albums should also pick up.
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2006, 06:57:34 AM »

the day CD is released, will be the second happiest moment of my 15 year life.
 Cool

Was the most happy moment when you first realised it's not just for pissing?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2006, 07:21:20 AM »

It  will sell more than Contraband because it won't just be AFD with a crappy frontman

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2006, 07:46:44 AM »

It? will sell more than Contraband because it won't just be AFD with a crappy frontman
Axl isn't crappy.

I'll download it !
G N R PIMP
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2006, 07:51:03 AM »

It  will sell more than Contraband because it won't just be AFD with a crappy frontman
Axl isn't crappy.

That,       i believe is a dig at Scott Weiland.
debonbon27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2006, 08:04:31 AM »

I'd say around 200,000 first week. If it doesnt leak it will do better, but that isnt going to happen, it WILL leak, and all those "curious" semi-fans will just download it. Sad as it is. This will be a holy grail for internet pirate album release groups.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2006, 08:15:13 AM »

It? will sell more than Contraband because it won't just be AFD with a crappy frontman
Axl isn't crappy.

That,? ? ? ?i believe is a dig at Scott Weiland.

Indeed  Grin

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

you are reading this sentence.

« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2006, 10:06:36 AM »

the album will probably sell several million copies worldwide, even if it doesn't do well in the states.

internationally, people seem to be a lot more enthusiastic about iconic musicians, regardless of the aesthetic content of that musician's new product. (that's not saying anything about whether or not CD is great or not, many people will buy it no matter what, like me for instance)

for example, michael jackson can't even book a tour in the USA anymore, and his last few albums have been what can arguably be considered worthless shit, but he still sells millions of records and concert tickets.

I am not the devil; I only play His music.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2006, 10:11:26 AM »

Axl isn't crappy.

That,? ? ? ?i believe is a dig at Scott Weiland.

Indeed? Grin
Scott isn't crappy either. Contraband is great. If CD is as good as Contraband I will be satisfied, but it won't be easy. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:13:24 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2006, 10:19:10 AM »

Axl isn't crappy.

That,       i believe is a dig at Scott Weiland.

Indeed  Grin
Scott isn't crappy either. Contraband is great. If CD is as good as Contraband I will be satisfied, but it won't be easy. Smiley

ok first off, your right about Scott is not crappy but Axl has proven he is much better. Contraband is not GREAT, it is just ok, nothing special. And all Axl has to do is put the 4 leaks on CD and it will already be a better album than Contraband. thats my take.

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
pebbles
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2006, 10:29:52 AM »

never under estimate the power of axl rose- i think it will sell 10 million or more in usa. worldwide i dont have a guess probably a hell of a lot.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2006, 10:31:17 AM »

ok first off, your right about Scott is not crappy but Axl has proven he is much better. Contraband is not GREAT, it is just ok, nothing special. And all Axl has to do is put the 4 leaks on CD and it will already be a better album than Contraband. thats my take.
The funny thing with people like you is that when a newspaper says something wrong about Axl, you'll spend all your energy in undermining the credibility of that newspaper, and even of journalists in general.

But when another journalist says something nice, it becomes the only acceptable truth, those nice words are quoted 1000 times, people adopt them as their signature... Roll Eyes

The demos are OK, but saying they are better than Contraband is very exaggerated, and probably meant to get an interview or something...

I'll download it !
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2006, 11:53:32 AM »

I have just re-listened to the small studio extract of "the blues" (boston promo). The production really seems huge. if it is ever released as a single, the record sales could totally exploded...

Link?  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »

Oh jesus, not the boston promo again. Whatever it is you people think you are hearing in the roughly 1.5 second snippets of "new" material, I'd love to know. Or I'd at least like some of whatever you are smoking. There is nothing, I repeat nothing objective to be gained about Chinese Democracy from that promo. You are just drinking the kool aid.

Oh, and CD will do around 1 to 1.5 million, maybe 2 if a single catches on in the first year.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: