Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:16:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I'd Love To See Bill O'Reilly Cover This...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'd Love To See Bill O'Reilly Cover This...  (Read 4303 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« on: January 03, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »

A radio talk-show entertainer whose earlier statements that he "may" have to assassinate members of Congress if the wrong people were elected Nov. 7 now has set a timetable for those killings.

In a statement on his website, Hal Turner noted that a newspaper has reported that a bill granting amnesty to illegal aliens is expected to be enacted in January, when the Democratic Party takes control of the U.S. Senate and House.

"ANY MEMBER OF CONGRESS WHO INTRODUCES, CO-SPONSORS OR VOTES IN FAVOR OF ANY SUCH AMNESTY WILL BE DECLARED A DOMESTIC ENEMY AND WILL BE CONSIDERED A LEGITIMATE TARGET FOR ASSASSINATION," Turner posted on his website.

"Members of Congress and the Senate will NOT be permitted to BETRAY our nation by simply GIVING AWAY the most cherished aspect of America, Citizenship, to millions of people who cared so little for what Citizenship means that they came here against our law," he continued.

Several weeks ago, Turner incited much discussion when he posted the following:

"We may have to ASSASSINATE some of the people you elect on Nov. 7! This could be your LAST ELECTION CHANCE, to save this Republic?

"Sorry to have to be so blunt, but the country is in mortal danger from our present government and our liberty is already near dead because of this government. If you are too stupid to turn things around with your vote, there are people out here like me who are willing to turn things around with guns, force and violence. We hope our method does not become necessary," he wrote.

But he defined his position as commentary instead of advocacy when one supporter wrote to Turner's website, "Hey Hal instead of saying 'may' SAY you WILL KILL THEM!!!"

"No no no no no. Words mean things," Turner wrote at the time. The difference between 'may' and 'will' is the difference between an opinion and a threat," he concluded. "One is lawful, the other is not!"

In the current posting, Turner has taken an aggressive stance against any effort by Congress to legalize or provide a "path to citizenship" for the millions of aliens who are in the United States illegally.

"Congress will not be permitted to BETRAY our nation by giving Citizenship to tens of thousands who didn't give a s--- about our other laws as they murdered, raped, robbed, dealt illegal drugs, drove without licenses or insurance, stole the social security numbers and/or identities of millions of lawful citizens and most of whom don't give a s--- enough about our country to even learn our language!"

Asked about procedures involving suspected threats to members of Congress, the U.S. Secret Service told WND that it would be interested only if the threat involved someone the Service protects. All other cases would be referred to local police jurisdictions.

When WND's question specifically referred to a website statement, Secret Service spokesman Darrin Blackford told WND: "We have no comment on that statement."

Paul Bresson, a spokesman for the FBI, said he couldn't confirm what investigations are being pursued.

"The Internet does not give anyone a license to espouse violence, but there is a certain amount of protection, First Amendment protections, that are built in and we're mindful of those," he said.

He called it a "fine line," and said what the agency would do is look at all the information available and "make a determination" whether any crime might have been committed.

In the earlier situation FBI spokeswoman Debbie Weierman said such circumstances generally are turned over to a "duty agent" to review, but she couldn't provide other information until and unless a charge would be filed in any case.

In the current rant, Turner calls it a "right" for Americans to act in self-defense of their nation.

"Members of The United States House of Representatives or United States Senate who try to grant any form of Amnesty to millions of illegal aliens are hereby notified they may as well paint a bulls-eye target on themselves. Our Bullets don't care about their sovereign power," he wrote.

"This seems to be 'it' folks. I'm going to do what I have to do to protect my nation from its government. I know where all of my New Jersey Congressmen and Senators live. Do you know where yours live? If not, you better find out before January so you can scope out their neighborhoods and prepare yourselves," he said.

"Those of you who, for years, have said you're 'gonna do this' or 'gonna do that' when the time comes; are about to face ugly reality. In January, 'the time' will come. In January the entire world will find out if you're real or just a bigmouth coward," he said.

One reader who responded on his comment sheet asked Turner, "who's gonna pick up the fruits and clean your toilet?" To which Turner said, "Machinery can pick the crops; I clean my own toilet."

Turner also declined a suggestion to post a list of addresses and provide maps "so people can protest at their homes" by saying, "Once I publish such a list, they would undoubtedly feel the need and take steps to secure themselves. If we forewarn them by publicly publishing a list, we lose the element of surprise."

One other reader said, "I'm sitting here now with my 30.06 stripped down. Can do this in the dark. Don't want any grains of sand in the mechanism," he wrote.

Still another said he'd forwarded Turner's comments to the FBI, to which Turner responded with a laugh.

"You called the FBI about me? BIG DEAL! One can only illegally 'incite' violence when what is said is uttered in a context which lends itself to IMMINENT lawlessness. I will not be arrested because I have thus far committed no crime. Just because you don't understand the subtle delineations of the law does not mean I have broken the law. The FBI has been receiving reports about me from morons like you for six years. I'm still here. Your posting did, however, give me a chuckle!"

But his posting also continued further into his plans, and his expectations for the consequences.

"The pro-white movement has a habit of making martyrs of folks who take action. They hold rallies for them. They put up web sites about them. Just so we're clear, the only people authorized to do that for me after I become a martyr (alive or dead) are those who stand with me when the fight takes place. Because if you are, TODAY, 'pro-white' and you fail to stand with me in confronting our renegade government, then I say you are a coward and I don't want my name being uttered by cowards," he wrote.

He said the "amnesty" would mark "the actual end of our nation."

"That will erase us as a nation and I will not permit it. What about you?" he asked.

One reader was quick with his response: "Where can we get some polonium-210?" he asked.

Turner also carries on his website a disclaimer noting that he is considered a "public figure" which means a lot of places carry of lot of comments about him over which he has no control, including some with "virulent" perspectives.

"This being the case, Mr. Turner feels it necessary to ? and hereby does ? DISCLAIM AND REPUDIATE any affiliation with or support of such groups."

Even he didn't take his earlier statements that he may have to assassinate about half of the members of Congress and three members of the U.S. Supreme court seriously. He told WND he never bothered to make a hit list because he never planned to kill anyone.

Turner also told WND earlier he'd been investigated by the Secret Service, the U.S. Marshals Service and others in the past, without results.

He said that's because he's very careful to "use words such as 'may have' (or) 'might' which are opinions/observations rather than threats."

"I am totally familiar with three specific U.S. Supreme Court decisions and those parameters govern what I say and write," he said. He said his comments are "uttered in a context which does not lend itself to imminent lawlessness," do not constitute a "true threat," and could be considered "political hyperbole."
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:21:56 PM »

Very interesting.

I can imagine Bill and Lou Dobbs covering this  hihi
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 03:28:39 PM »

Bill O'Reilly, due in large-part to his shrill self-obsession and in small-part to his own conservative ideology, spends a considerable amount of airtime obsessing over the far-lefts "hatred" for conservatives.  Any fair-minded person knows that most of what he spews is poorly-researched and ridiculously biased; his idea of left-wing hate speech is a site like MediaMatters.com, a liberal media-watchdog site that simply notes O'Reillys own outrageous statements with little commentary, nothing hateful at all.  So heres an opportunity to show how fair and balanced he is.  He can shine a light on real hatred and real danger in the media.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »

The article does being up a point I agree with - people who support amnesty are enemies of the state.  These border jumpers have no respect or love for this nation and view America as an easy ticket.  If given citizenship, they will still work illegally but claim welfare and other social "rights" as well.  They will not assimilate.  The funny thing is that if the Mexicans did regain control of the south west, it would immediately become a huge shithole like the rest of Mexico.  Nothing they have done has contributed to the status of wealth out there.  They come in and do shit jobs, which is fine in and of itself.  But I'll be damned if I'll give them citizenship while they chant Ceasar Chavez and shit.  I support the minute-men and I support calling Democrats or any member of congress that supports Amnesty a traitor and enemy of the state.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 05:49:18 PM »

and I support calling Democrats or any member of congress that supports Amnesty a traitor and enemy of the state.

No offense, and i don't care if i get negative karma, but dude, you're a fucking idiot.

so anyone with an opinion different then yours is a traitor and an enemy of the state?

again, fucking idiot.

your post is so blatantly racist and patently offensive with mass generalizations.  With a thought process like that you're a bigger threat to true democracy then any "border jumper" or terrorist.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 06:24:58 PM »

Chill out HannaHat, u are gonna get politics banned from this forum....................................
 rant

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:31:09 PM »

and I support calling Democrats or any member of congress that supports Amnesty a traitor and enemy of the state.

No offense, and i don't care if i get negative karma, but dude, you're a fucking idiot.

so anyone with an opinion different then yours is a traitor and an enemy of the state?

again, fucking idiot.

your post is so blatantly racist and patently offensive with mass generalizations.? With a thought process like that you're a bigger threat to true democracy then any "border jumper" or terrorist.

That's not what I said Hanna.? Plenty of people disagree with me on numerous issues and are no threat to the state.? People who welcome illegal aliens into the country with no repercussions are not interested in what's best for national security or America's longevity.? Nothing is racist about my comment.? There aren't Doctors, Lawyers or Scientist working in LA that are illegal aliens.?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:31:26 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 07:01:53 PM »

again, fucking idiot.

your post is so blatantly racist and patently offensive with mass generalizations.  With a thought process like that you're a bigger threat to true democracy then any "border jumper" or terrorist.

That's not what I said Hanna.  Plenty of people disagree with men on numerous issues and are no threat to the state.  People who welcome illegal aliens into the country with no repercussions are not interested in what's best for national security or America's longevity.  Nothing is racist about my comment.  There are Doctors, Lawyers or Scientist working in LA that are illegal aliens. 

It's not what you said???  Let me quote some of the gems in your post:

These border jumpers have no respect or love for this nation
idiotic - have you talked to all 10 million plus of them?  What about their kids who were raised here, who have never even been to Mexico?

If given citizenship, they will still work illegally but claim welfare and other social "rights" as well.
Not racist? 

But I'll be damned if I'll give them citizenship while they chant Ceasar Chavez and shit.
Because "all of them" do that right?

Your ignorance is mind blowing. 

And I can't begin to laugh at your rationale behind someone being a traitor....someone who is against "what's best for national security or America's longevity"....oh the irony.  Where to begin!?!?!?

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 08:45:37 PM »

But who will cut my lawn if Flagg gets his way???    hihi

Just kidding.  I agree with you Flagg in principal, but you may have a bit of O'Reilly in you with the overly dramatic approach.  Take it as a compliment because I actually love to watch O'reilly.  Definately the most entertaining News Commentary on at 8 PM in my timezone.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 05:24:07 AM »

hearing Flagg just makes me wish that globalization just goes faster and faster
and that borders mean nothing anymore
i just wish that flagg's city becomes surrounded by chinese and africans, that he will be flooded by other languages, that when he wakes up he just hear chinese, spanish, malawi ...

i want him to stay like that, i want him not to realize that his country is over, that his flag means nothing anymore, and that the word "american" means nothing anymore.

Smiley

it's over man, get over it, you're a world citizen now.

everything has gone global Smiley

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 05:24:56 AM »

i just wish that flagg's city becomes surrounded by chinese and africans, that he will be flooded by other languages, that when he wakes up he just hear chinese, spanish, malawi ...

oh wait  ..... Smiley

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »

The answer to Booker's question in the thread title is..."his mouth."  Wink

Seriously though, what an a-hole talking about assassination like that.  He should be fired.

When it comes to the illegal immigration issue, there is no easy answer.  Perhaps we could try something that used to exist here in the U.S.  Negotiation, diplomacy, something that will satisfy each side somewhat but not 100% for either side.  Just an idea, but why don't we grant citizenship to those who have been peaceful, law-abiding, and hard-working members of our society and embrace them as fellow citizens?  Now, folks who have committed crimes up here or had criminal histories in their homelands should be dealt with rather severely.  As I am someone who'd be considered a tad left of center, I'd gladly allow the right to determine the fates of illegals with criminal backgrounds.  Can this be a start???

Now, I'm not naive enough to think that if we open the doors for good, it won't cost Joe Tax-payer alot for the system to pay for these peoples' medical bills and food stamps if in fact they are dirt poor.  That's why it would have to be a one-time amnesty deal followed-up by greater security at the borders and most of all, I repeat most of all...harsh penalties for the people most responsible for the problem...the greedy business owners who knowingly hire illegal aliens.  Don't blame the poor Mexican trying to live a better life...blame the business owners who look the other way when hiring these illegal aliens.  I think part of the difficulty for Mr. Bush on this issue is his allegiance to big business.  Illegal aliens are a good % of the muscle behind their economic engine.  As evidenced by his atrocious, look-the-other-way, "lower those standards" approach to emissions and pollution laws, he's not one for crippling big business as a "round 'em up and ship 'em back" stance would surely do.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 08:31:20 AM »

It's not big business that is hiring the majority of the border jumpers. It's mom and pop shops, farmers and the everyday Joe who needs some temporary physical labor.? I don't have a problem with the idea of people coming to America willing to work.? That is great, fine and dandy and I wish more Americans had their drive.? My problem is that most of the illegals don't want to assimilate into American culture.? I'm not saying abandon who you are and your former country, but learn English for fucks sakes.? So many of these Mexicans believe they're enititled to the luxuries of American citizenship even though they have not met the requirenments to warrant it.? Rather than fix Mexico, they come to America and make money and ship their winnings back home.?

What I hate about this amnesty bill is that we're essentially saying if you break our laws long enough and don't get caught, you get rewarded.? Not to mention that giving citizenship to millions of illegals is going to make drug trafficing much more easier across the mexican border.? To become an American citizen, you have to earn it.? Learn a thing or two before we welcome you in.? Hell, many argue that naturalized citizens are more informed and educated than the average native citizen.? If we pass the amnesty bill, we are essentially giving the south-west back to mexico.? Once it becomes fucked up like Mexico, they'll just legally relocate.? If that parade and "strike" mid last year didn't show you that the majority of these aliens harbor allegiance to Mexico above all, I don't know what will.

The answer to the problem is tougher security at the border, harsh enforcement on any business caught hiring illegal workers, and patrolling of known hangouts where illegals seek temporary employment.? If they want the "American Dream", learn English and go through the legal channels.

And to make it clear, the author of the article Booker posted is a fucking moron.? I don't condone the physical harm of legislatures who vote for the bill or the harm of those who cross our borders.? However, I believe that those who support the amnesty bill aren't interested in what's best for America but what's best for votes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 09:24:22 AM by Randall Flagg » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 10:10:33 AM »

This issue cracks me up, its not as if all off a sudden there were 10 million plus illegals in the US.  This has been going on for DECADES!  Now all of a sudden its a problem?  If you want to come down hard on the illegals in this country then you should be even harder on the legal citizens of this country who can speak english, who know the law and completely ignore it.  mom and pops and big business - they are all breaking the law by hiring illegals in the first place.

and what about all the politicians who for YEARS ignored this problem (on the left and right and in the middle). 

I don't see any other solution other then amnesty.  is it the ideal one, no. but what are you going to do, deport millions of people.  thats insane.   what about illegals who have made the US their home, and their kids who DO speak english, who are products of US education systems, who have a vested interest and love for this country.

this is a problem that US employers and politicians allowed to get out of hand.  I agree with Axl4prez (what a surprise! haha), don't blame the mexicans looking to make a better life - any one of us would do the same thing if our country sucked ass, blame the US people who looked the other way all in the name of $$$.

Flagg, don't be so naive, its not about votes, just like every other thing in this country its all about $$$$$.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 10:52:53 AM »

Hanna it will cost us more to legalize the illegals than it will to export them.  The cost of social services and education will well exceed the taxes they provide.  Not to mention they're already in debt to this country for all the services they have illegally used already.

Don't place the blame solely on business here.  A lot of blame needs to be placed on Union and Democrats who believe every construction worker should only build one story buildings surrounded by giant pillows incase anyone slips and falls.  It's even worse in California where anyone who works a full day is given a paid hour long lunch break.  The cost of legal workers and obsurd minimum wage laws creates a market for Mexican labor.  Unskilled Americans have fooled themselves and ben led by liberals to believe that they are entitled to good paying jobs just because they're Americans. 

I know it's taboo, but if you don't goto college or get a skill, don't expect to be well off.  No where in any American legal document does it proclaim we have a right to economic equality.  Yes, you have a right to be stupid and lazy, but you don't have the right to live well.

Many of you want to point the finger at corporations, which is innacurate.  It's innacurate because corporations play a very small part in any of this, and if it weren't for inane laws passed by quasi-marxists, the problem wouldn't exist.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 11:47:28 AM »

Many of you want to point the finger at corporations, which is innacurate.  It's innacurate because corporations play a very small part in any of this, and if it weren't for inane laws passed by quasi-marxists, the problem wouldn't exist.

You have said this twice now. Where is the data to back it up?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 11:58:23 AM »

randall, who says a culture is fixed for ever ?
do you live like your grandparents ?
did they use to listen to eminem ?
Things are evolving everyday.
your country is young, immature and built on diversity.

if you were french / english / indian / chinese ... etc .... ?i would understand, there are history there.

but america? what is the american culture ? pop music ? micheal jackson ?

You're talking about freedom of speech and capitalism ? well that ain't a problem for these people.

what exactly do these people avoid of the american culture ?
white skin ?
christian belief ?
i dont understand
your country is 300 years old, maximum. it's nothing.

it would be like creating a Private Club,
and then, 2 weeks later getting new members

and then talking about - high snobby french voice " these new members are so no respecting our traditions !! "

so yeah i'm sorry, i love you guys, but you gotta stop with culture and american values
you're country is a 14 years old kid Smiley

PEACE

now about the "they're using social welfare" ... that's another issue that many countries are facing now, but i feel it's quite fair that we have to support that considering the fact that we're making billions in africa with their ressources.

PEACE again

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »

Many of you want to point the finger at corporations, which is innacurate.? It's innacurate because corporations play a very small part in any of this, and if it weren't for inane laws passed by quasi-marxists, the problem wouldn't exist.

You have said this twice now. Where is the data to back it up?

Since the vast majority of "corporations" are mom and pop shops that should qualify it.  Not to mention the nature of the beast would prohibit a high volume, media centered organization from pulling up in front of Home Depot every day and getting the 9-5 shift.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »

I still don't see any data, perhaps you could provide us with an Ann Coulter article to back you up?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 12:48:30 PM »

Don't place the blame solely on business here.  A lot of blame needs to be placed on Union and Democrats who believe every construction worker should only build one story buildings surrounded by giant pillows incase anyone slips and falls.  It's even worse in California where anyone who works a full day is given a paid hour long lunch break.  The cost of legal workers and obsurd minimum wage laws creates a market for Mexican labor.  Unskilled Americans have fooled themselves and ben led by liberals to believe that they are entitled to good paying jobs just because they're Americans. 

I know it's taboo, but if you don't goto college or get a skill, don't expect to be well off.  No where in any American legal document does it proclaim we have a right to economic equality.  Yes, you have a right to be stupid and lazy, but you don't have the right to live well.

if you read my post  I said mom and pop AND big business...BOTH should be held accountable, both are to blame and both are breaking the law.  Its not important who is hiring illegals more.

as for your assessment of the "stupid and lazy" americans... Roll Eyes   how is the view from your ivory tower?  I doubt blue collar workers think they have the "right" to be living in playboy like mansions, but they are entitled to a fair wage.  The wage being paid to illegal immigrants is not one where, as a legal citizen paying taxes, you are able to survive.  But if you had your way, you'd do away with workers rights and protection so that when a construction worker maims himself on a job he'll have no money at all to pay for the sky rocketing cost of his medical treatment and therapy.  And you're against a lunch hour?  I guess people shouldn't be eating? 

Seriously, do you hear yourself? 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:50:04 PM by HannaHat » Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: