Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Fascinating Womanhood or The Feminine Mystique?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fascinating Womanhood or The Feminine Mystique?  (Read 2141 times)
sisterofyu
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:55:55 PM »

If you had to choose a viewpoint you agree with more out of those two books which one would you choose?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »

**Reported**

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 02:32:03 PM »

Never even heard of either of them.  Explain?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:33:58 PM »

If you had to choose a viewpoint you agree with more out of those two books which one would you choose?

Good topic, should be moved to the Jungle.

I would choose Feminine Mystique, not that I wholly agree with it.  I think it presents a false choice; just because a woman does not want the meaning of her existence to center around child-rearing and her husband's happiness does not mean she needs to be an armpit hair-growing feminist.  The main problem with both books is the assumption that there is an ideal model of existence.  The ideal should be the freedom to choose to do whatever it is that makes them happy, whether they want to be Jill Cleaver, Gloria Steinem, or anything in-between.
sisterofyu
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »

Good topic, should be moved to the Jungle.

I would choose Feminine Mystique, not that I wholly agree with it.? I think it presents a false choice; just because a woman does not want the meaning of her existence to center around child-rearing and her husband's happiness does not mean she needs to be an armpit hair-growing feminist.? The main problem with both books is the assumption that there is an ideal model of existence.? The ideal should be the freedom to choose to do whatever it is that makes them happy, whether they want to be Jill Cleaver, Gloria Steinem, or anything in-between.

Thanks for your serious opinion and input George Steele Cheesy, Yes I just found a copy of this Fascinating Womanhood Book at? a thrift store and I was very shocked by its advice to me and other females on how to behave. It got me to wonder is this what most of the world really believes or has the bra burning protests made some difference?....

msaxl43? if here are to links on the two different books I mention, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, I was not intending to make a problem like that Embarrassed

http://www.switzerblog.com/2006/01/be-fascinating-woman-in-three-easy.html

http://web.mala.bc.ca/davies/H323Vietnam/Friedan_FeminineMystique.1963.htm Cheesy
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:06:24 PM »

I agree with GeorgeSteele.  Here's the deal.  If you are female, get your education and give yourself the choice.  That way, you can choose your own destiny.  It's all about education.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: