Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:09:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  THOUGHT - SINGLE OUT SOON!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: THOUGHT - SINGLE OUT SOON!  (Read 7647 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 09:54:22 AM »

Im hoping the first single is launched with a music video, whether live, or studio recorded.

As horrendous as the bulk of modern music videos are, a brand new Gn'R music video with all 8 members featured would kick so much ass ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006, 09:57:38 AM »

Im hoping the first single is launched with a music video, whether live, or studio recorded.

As horrendous as the bulk of modern music videos are, a brand new Gn'R music video with all 8 members featured would kick so much ass ok

A music video would rock, I can't even imagine what the video will be like. I can't even imagine what the album art and the singles are going to look like, I'm eager to find that out.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006, 10:13:59 AM »

I personally think the best move that could be made is to just post a song and then a live performance of the same song on their website.  Then send it out to all the good online mags.  But I would just be happy with a song showin up on their website with an official release date for the album.

--Tommie

thats a really great idea
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006, 10:17:09 AM »

A single should typically precede the album anywhere from two weeks to a month or so.  Until the album is finished - as in handed off to the label - I can't see a single being released.  When it is, though, make no mistake - the album is on its way...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2006, 10:21:44 AM »

A single should typically precede the album anywhere from two weeks to a month or so.  Until the album is finished - as in handed off to the label - I can't see a single being released.  When it is, though, make no mistake - the album is on its way...

2007 , in the digital age is a single even needed ?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

digital age or no, why wouldn't it be needed? its a source of promotion for the album.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2006, 10:24:20 AM »

A single should typically precede the album anywhere from two weeks to a month or so.? Until the album is finished - as in handed off to the label - I can't see a single being released.? When it is, though, make no mistake - the album is on its way...

I think so. ?Hell, the single is more important than the album these days. ?iTunes thrives on single song sales, and it's usually the "single" that has video/radio/satellite support that sells the most. ?As a result, album / CD sales are down, while single songs continue to rise...if anything, it's the single that will bring more people to the whole album.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2006, 10:49:10 AM »

I agree. A lot of kids and people in general would be attracted to buy the album from a single, and more so a video. Videos makes people excited about a band, so GNR needs one for sure.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

A music video would rock, I can't even imagine what the video will be like. I can't even imagine what the album art and the singles are going to look like, I'm eager to find that out.

Korn years and years ago had an amazing video for a single of their's called "Somebody Someone" where it was the band rocking out in an underground parking garage, while the whole video was filmed from the point of view of a fly buzzing around amongst the band members and their instruments.

As simplistic as that sounds, the closeups of the band shot from the point of view of the fly are really amazing, and the whole video is truly unique.

In any case, I think the first video in support of Chinese' will have the biggest budget, and therefore might be shot outside, on location somewhere, versus in a studio peace

Check out the video here and tell me Guns' doing something similar wouldn't kick serious ass:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0J3diJIteuo

A single should typically precede the album anywhere from two weeks to a month or so.? Until the album is finished - as in handed off to the label - I can't see a single being released.? When it is, though, make no mistake - the album is on its way...

Once the single has been released, we are truly a hair's breadth away from the album Wink
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 11:22:34 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2006, 11:59:13 AM »

Korn years and years ago had an amazing video for a single of their's called "Somebody Someone" where it was the band rocking out in an underground parking garage, while the whole video was filmed from the point of view of a fly buzzing around amongst the band members and their instruments.

As simplistic as that sounds, the closeups of the band shot from the point of view of the fly are really amazing, and the whole video is truly unique.

In any case, I think the first video in support of Chinese' will have the biggest budget, and therefore might be shot outside, on location somewhere, versus in a studio peace

Check out the video here and tell me Guns' doing something similar wouldn't kick serious ass:

Once the single has been released, we are truly a hair's breadth away from the album Wink

That video is exactly how i imagine a new Guns video, in that type of setting. I always imagine hearing the opening riff to better.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2006, 12:02:46 PM »

That video is exactly how i imagine a new Guns video, in that type of setting. I always imagine hearing the opening riff to better.

Thats amazing how you mention "Better" because I think that track would be ideal for a simplistic video like the one above ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2006, 12:05:35 PM »

I agree. A lot of kids and people in general would be attracted to buy the album from a single, and more so a video. Videos makes people excited about a band, so GNR needs one for sure.

And they'll have one, I'm sure, if not a full-fledged DVD release.  God knows they've been doing a tremendous amount of filming since the tour kicked off in NYC...
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2006, 01:08:14 PM »

theres going to be a video without a doubt, Axl said in his letter that filming a video is one of the reasons for cancelling the January dates. I predict a late january/early Febuary date for the single.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »

Yeah, a single should appear by late February, or we can start to worry again. And, before anyone gets their panties in a knot, I'm not talking about a traditional single. I'm talking about a song of any kind being released to radio.

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »

I think the single will come out on February 6th, Axl's birthday ok

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2006, 04:18:47 PM »

ya know.... i'm reading all this... and i'm just glad that we're not talking about a "surprise release" hihi.... i'm hoping mid to late january... but more likely early february.... peace
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2006, 04:31:53 PM »

ya know.... i'm reading all this... and i'm just glad that we're not talking about a "surprise release" hihi.... i'm hoping mid to late january... but more likely early february.... peace

Judging from Axl's letter, I don't forsee a whole lot of "mystery" or secrecy in regards to the album.  When it's done, there will be a single and the release will be heavily promoted.  No more guessing games (please, dear God...)
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

I don't think we'll see a single until around mid-February. The album is on a tight schedule, and they'll be pushing to get it out by March, 6. They probably won't be certain that it's actually going to come out until just a few weeks beforehand. There's no way there going to release a single when the album date is not set in stone. Weren't they still trying for a 2006 release as late as late November. Well, they didn't put a single out; so don't expect them to do it this time more than a month before release.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2006, 08:50:06 PM »

Judging from Axl's letter, I don't forsee a whole lot of "mystery" or secrecy in regards to the album.  When it's done, there will be a single and the release will be heavily promoted.  No more guessing games (please, dear God...)

I have to agree with you.  I hope it is not just wishful thinking. yes  Once things get started... it will be very exciting.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2006, 11:22:05 PM »

Judging from Axl's letter, I don't forsee a whole lot of "mystery" or secrecy in regards to the album.? When it's done, there will be a single and the release will be heavily promoted.? No more guessing games (please, dear God...)

I agree. The whole secrecy thing never made much sense. Why would the record company, whose sunk tons of money in this, let it have a limited-publicity release?

They won't, it'll be heavily marketed, and if you don't see the marketing train start, it means it isn't coming out soon.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: