Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:37:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  THOUGHT - SINGLE OUT SOON!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: THOUGHT - SINGLE OUT SOON!  (Read 7645 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« on: December 30, 2006, 11:40:39 PM »

I believe in a single, most of you also......but wouldn't it be a surprise like on 1/01/02007?Huh? The album isn't far away ...hopefully before 04' 2007

THE NEW SINGLE WITHIN A WEEK?Huh

what's your hopes? cool wouldn't it?Huh!!!!!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 11:48:54 PM »

no, theres been no announcement, its a stupid move, Axl wouldn't approve of it, he made that clear in his letter.
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:53:34 PM »

well, if march 6 is the target release date, then i'm sure we'll hear something soon as far as a single or whatever

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 11:54:35 PM »

yeah correct, but anyway, it's the time ?for...and anybody like surprises...especially these days

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:58:25 PM »

No.

Although releasing Madagascar as a single around MLK day would be cool seeing how his legendary "I Have A Dream" speech is in the song.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 12:15:23 AM »

I love that song , after having the chance of seeing it live ,
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 12:47:24 AM »

I wasn't as lucky.  Undecided

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 01:05:38 AM »

I believe in a single, most of you also......but wouldn't it be a surprise like on 1/01/02007?Huh? The album isn't far away ...hopefully before 04' 2007

THE NEW SINGLE WITHIN A WEEK?Huh

what's your hopes? cool wouldn't it?Huh!!!!!

It would be very cool, but I don't think it's going down just yet.  I'm hopeful for something within the first 5 weeks of the new year.  If the album is on schedule for early March, mid-January through mid-February is prime single time.  Keep those fingers crossed.

Also, I think Madagascar is a great track and would make a very good single...just not a good FIRST single.  Something harder, followed by Maddy or The Blues as a second single.  If there's one thing we know, it's that GNR can get a LOT of singles off the albums.  The Illusions had around 8, by my count, not to mention songs that GNR is famous for that weren't singles (KOHD...wasn't a single, was it?).  I'd count on four to five good singles from this album. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 01:14:18 AM »

I wasn't as lucky.  Undecided

Don't worry you will get your chance in the future , the mlk interlude is very powerful.
littlefallsmets
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 02:26:03 AM »

Are singles even... that much of the musical business model anymore? Especially in harder rock?

MTV doesn't play videos anymore... MTV-TWO doesn't play videos anymore... you go to a record store, the singles section is shrinking and mostly just dance music and some rap... I mean, does it even make sense? While the album is still viable, if you want just the one song, you just download the song.

You can even do that LEGALLY, these days, if you're one of the ten Boy Scouts out there who does it that way.

"Chinese Democracy" is gonna sell or not sell on the strength of how many people still believe in Axl Rose's ability to make a good album... not on a single or a video or over-the-air radio play or anything like that.  It'd be the first GNR album in fifteen years, that'll make its own press once it's actually on its way to stores...

Press, word of mouth, touring and pent-up desire for a new album'll be what sells or doesn't sell the album.

As much as I'd like to drop six bucks at a record shop for a new GNR single, too, for the purposes of that album in this media climate, it'd be largely a vanity thing on the memory of getting the UYI singles back when the single still made sense as a marketing tool that could also turn a buck.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 02:44:25 AM »

Are singles even... that much of the musical business model anymore? Especially in harder rock?

MTV doesn't play videos anymore... MTV-TWO doesn't play videos anymore... you go to a record store, the singles section is shrinking and mostly just dance music and some rap... I mean, does it even make sense? While the album is still viable, if you want just the one song, you just download the song.

You can even do that LEGALLY, these days, if you're one of the ten Boy Scouts out there who does it that way.

"Chinese Democracy" is gonna sell or not sell on the strength of how many people still believe in Axl Rose's ability to make a good album... not on a single or a video or over-the-air radio play or anything like that.  It'd be the first GNR album in fifteen years, that'll make its own press once it's actually on its way to stores...

Press, word of mouth, touring and pent-up desire for a new album'll be what sells or doesn't sell the album.

As much as I'd like to drop six bucks at a record shop for a new GNR single, too, for the purposes of that album in this media climate, it'd be largely a vanity thing on the memory of getting the UYI singles back when the single still made sense as a marketing tool that could also turn a buck.

You make some good points.  When I say "single," I don't necessarily mean something you go out and buy, as much as an early song released to radio and/or tv.  I DO think a strong single is a good marketing tool.  It reinforces the belief in Axl's ability to make a good album.  A shitty first single and we all say, "I waited a decade for THIS!" 

I wouldn't buy a single, either.  I'll buy the album, so have no need for a single on disc, unless it had a REALLY cool b-side.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
14 Years Estranged
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 02:52:46 AM »

To be highly optimistic... I would say that the single should come out no earlier than January 15th, and no later than February 7th.

DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 05:26:00 AM »

the single will probably be released either 1 week or 2 weeks before the album is released, to generate hype for the album.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 05:44:24 AM »

the world is not limited only to intetrnet...
it takes more than a week to make the news go around the world, especially when diferent broadcasting stations need to get the audio/video.
single cant be released only 1-2 weeks before the album.
bands usually release it months in advance...
Depeche mode released their single 3 months before "playing the angel"...

so we should get the single no later than feb.6th if the march 6th date is still standing.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 05:52:55 AM »

There are Many ways to promote a release, Magazine Interviews, Paid for adverts, Radio Stations playing the forthcoming single. IMO releasing a single to the public 5 weeks before the album is actually released is not a good idea.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 06:49:56 AM »

(KOHD...wasn't a single, was it?).

it was  Smiley

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Death Cube K
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 07:00:40 AM »

Just put it up online, either for free or for a fair prize. One song. Everyone gets to it easily. Who the fuck goes to a record store anymore anyway.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 07:47:16 AM »

And there I was thinking you meant a single of a new song called Thought!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »

If it's honestly March 6th, 2007...than I would anticipate a single around the last week of January, or by the first week of February at the latest.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 09:49:18 AM »

I personally think the best move that could be made is to just post a song and then a live performance of the same song on their website.  Then send it out to all the good online mags.  But I would just be happy with a song showin up on their website with an official release date for the album.

--Tommie

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: