Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:22:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  From Rolling Stone: Suicide Girl tells us what happened between EODM and Axl
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: From Rolling Stone: Suicide Girl tells us what happened between EODM and Axl  (Read 9787 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 12:46:55 AM »

You know, I don't understand assholes booing the opening act.

I mean sure, if you're in New York and someone comes out and says "Fuck New York and everyone in it!!" or something then there will be booing, but it sucks ass when people just start booing a band they don't like. I mean they'll only be on for 45 minutes, why not just deal with it? If you can't do that, why not go grab a beer and chat to some people? Or, you know, open your mind and give them a fair chance.

But no, there's got to be some assholes ruining the show for whoever in attendance likes that band (and I don't care if that's only one person) and giving shit to a band that have busted their ass to get where they are and are just up there doing their thing (sometimes at the personal invitation of the act they're there to see).

Now, of course a band facing that should suck it up and play on for sure, but that doesn't excuse the people in the crowd from being dickheads.

grab a beer? and lose a good spot? as if.  hihi
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 01:50:31 AM »

I mean sure, if you're in New York and someone comes out and says "Fuck New York and everyone in it!!" or something then there will be booing, but it sucks ass when people just start booing a band they don't like. I mean they'll only be on for 45 minutes, why not just deal with it? If you can't do that, why not go grab a beer and chat to some people? Or, you know, open your mind and give them a fair chance.

But no, there's got to be some assholes ruining the show for whoever in attendance likes that band (and I don't care if that's only one person) and giving shit to a band that have busted their ass to get where they are and are just up there doing their thing (sometimes at the personal invitation of the act they're there to see).

Now, of course a band facing that should suck it up and play on for sure, but that doesn't excuse the people in the crowd from being dickheads.

Everyone booed. It wasn't "some assholes" it was the majority of the place.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
axleu
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 02:59:10 AM »

Rolling stones sucks. yes

It's not a personal opinion. It's a fact. Let's prove it: they really want to hear the new Britney Spears CD.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 03:19:23 AM »

Me either. I didn't care for Papa Roach. Not a fan of their music/sound, and simply aren't crazy about their songs. Did I leave? No. Did I boo? No. Did I throw stuff at them? No. I applauded them after every single song.

I don't have to like them, to acknowledge that they are out there trying 110% to entertain me and give me my money's worth, and I respect that. They were talented musicians (obviously) to be out there doing that.

I applauded them because of their effort & ability. Did I like it? No. But i'm glad they came out, had fun, and tried to entertain me.

I don't understand, nor will I ever, why some people want to be absolute assholes to the opening acts. Grow the fuck up!

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
EstrangedReality
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 03:59:05 AM »

Well, it is cool to be a fan of Axl.

Yes, but my point was that there's a double standard. It was a one-sentence dig at the end of his article - and barely a dig, even - and people are acting like the guy is the worst writer in the world. Rolling Stone has always been opinionated journalism; they are hardly fair and balanced. I just think it's not worth fussing over, because it doesn't mean the writer has an agenda to knock Axl just because he closes his article with something like that.
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 05:06:41 AM »

It's not a personal opinion. It's a fact. Let's prove it: they really want to hear the new Britney Spears CD.

hey now, watch your typos. Rolling Stone sucks. Rolling Stones are quite swell.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 06:06:53 AM »

hey now, watch your typos. Rolling Stone sucks. Rolling Stones are quite swell.
nope they both suck

Rolling Stones USED to be cool....couple of decades ago.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 07:14:16 AM »

What I was saying is that at many shows there is some assholes booing the opening act... I wasn't talking so much about the EODM situation... It just triggered the post.

That said, even if it was the majority of the place, it's still bullshit behaviour IMO.
I mean, you don't like them? So what? Someone might... Even if there was only 100 people digging EODM, why ruin it for them and give shit to a band that are at least out their trying to make a go of it while most of the crowd booing jsut wish they were?

I will never, ever boo a band unless they antagonise the crowd.
That said, I think EODM were foolish to storm of stage, they should have handled it far better. Performers have to be able to deal with adverse situations, and they must have known that opening for GnR would be tough from a crowd acceptance perspective.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 07:34:39 AM »

What I was saying is that at many shows there is some assholes booing the opening act... I wasn't talking so much about the EODM situation... It just triggered the post.

That said, even if it was the majority of the place, it's still bullshit behaviour IMO.
I mean, you don't like them? So what? Someone might... Even if there was only 100 people digging EODM, why ruin it for them and give shit to a band that are at least out their trying to make a go of it while most of the crowd booing jsut wish they were?

I will never, ever boo a band unless they really antagonise the crowd without provocation.
That said, I think EODM were foolish to storm of stage, they should have handled it far better. Performers have to be able to deal with adverse situations, and they must have known that opening for GnR would be tough from a crowd acceptance perspective.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 07:56:41 AM »

Fans of Kiss and the Rolling Stones are also tough on opening acts-way tougher than GNR fans, we're not the only ones-I think everyone after the Baz set thought GNR would come on-I was there-we wanted to see GNR-that's a chance you take when you open up for a big band-suck it up, life goes on-by the way, Tommy was there for November Rain, I'm sure of it-the line about him not around for 4 songs is bullshit, and I don't recall a bass thrown

libertad
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 08:20:47 AM »

I took the I am not going to the show until time for GNR approach.  I was not interested in seeing the opening acts with the exception of "Baz",so I avoided that part of the show and just stayed home.

I would think that after arriving at a show as early as some fans do, waiting in line just to get the best seat, or the frontrow spot, getting buzzed up, and sitting through hours of "opening acts", 3 of them to be exact, well that is just a long boring time to be waiting for the real reason you came to the concert, it is no excuse for rudeness, but no wonder people get all shitty, that is a long wait, fans just get more irritable, drunk and rude over this amount of time, at least this is just my opinion.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2006, 08:30:04 AM »

Many reasons:

1) People think they are "cool." And don't even try to say people don't think that. People smoke because it's cool, wear leather because it's cool, dress like My Chemical Romance because it's cool, and like shitty music because it's cool. It works the other way, too. They like GNR, so they are assholes to people who aren't GNR-sounding.

2) Impatience - a huge flaw in today's society. "I want it now or I will throw a fit." We live in the time of Veruca Salt.

3) Mob mentality. If a few people are thinking it, then a few people do it, the people thinking it will join in.

There are other reasons, too. But as stupid as it is to boo them, they were stupid to leave the stage. That is what they were being paid for. A lot of people hate their jobs but they go to them because that is what they do. POSM have great jobs, and because one night went bad, they stormed off. Any other job: that would cause them to get fired, too. It was very unprofessional.

But that doesn't mean the crowd wasn't full of retards, too.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006, 10:14:21 AM »

I look forward to seeing the Suicide Girls in 2007 Grin

.....Axl.....prettttttty, prettttttttttttttty please..? Embarrassed... Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2006, 12:26:46 PM »

I think RS wants people to be pissed off.  cat stevens fans are really pissed at the review on the new cd and its amazing. we've been pissed a few times.  its not just axl.  they have their heads up their fuckin asses.                                   
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2006, 02:43:39 PM »

Many reasons:

1) People think they are "cool." And don't even try to say people don't think that. People smoke because it's cool, wear leather because it's cool, dress like My Chemical Romance because it's cool, and like shitty music because it's cool. It works the other way, too. They like GNR, so they are assholes to people who aren't GNR-sounding.

2) Impatience - a huge flaw in today's society. "I want it now or I will throw a fit." We live in the time of Veruca Salt.

3) Mob mentality. If a few people are thinking it, then a few people do it, the people thinking it will join in.

There are other reasons, too. But as stupid as it is to boo them, they were stupid to leave the stage. That is what they were being paid for. A lot of people hate their jobs but they go to them because that is what they do. POSM have great jobs, and because one night went bad, they stormed off. Any other job: that would cause them to get fired, too. It was very unprofessional.

But that doesn't mean the crowd wasn't full of retards, too.

Great point.

Well, it is cool to be a fan of Axl.

Yes, but my point was that there's a double standard. It was a one-sentence dig at the end of his article - and barely a dig, even - and people are acting like the guy is the worst writer in the world. Rolling Stone has always been opinionated journalism; they are hardly fair and balanced. I just think it's not worth fussing over, because it doesn't mean the writer has an agenda to knock Axl just because he closes his article with something like that.

Because that wasn't some sort of editorial for his opinion. That was an article, that was an interview for facts, and he ended the interview with his opinion. That's not how it works.

He probably is anti-new band, and he was forced to cover it by RS, and that was his way of getting his dig in.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2006, 11:22:28 PM »

Um..I think thats his wife Maria...

Baz is a pimp  smoking

wait, which one is the suicide girl?? Grin

The suicide Girl is the one on the....insert Jack Sparrow's compus..... one on the right hihi

I didn't get to see the Suicide Girl's and I never heard any EODM material to judge them.. Guns fans are a tough crowd I know that much.

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2006, 11:49:49 PM »

Um..I think thats his wife Maria...

Baz is a pimp  smoking

wait, which one is the suicide girl?? Grin

The suicide Girl is the one on the....insert Jack Sparrow's compus..... one on the right hihi

I didn't get to see the Suicide Girl's and I never heard any EODM material to judge them.. Guns fans are a tough crowd I know that much.

thats not maria. she has brown hair - thats Reagan
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2006, 11:55:41 PM »

Yep, that's not Maria.

Here's Maria, she's the one on the right.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2007, 07:31:15 AM »

Agree 100 percent.

I mean boo all u want, Axl isnt comin on any faster.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rosettta7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2007, 06:37:19 PM »

Baz is a pimp? smoking

Isn't that Sebastian's wife, Maria?  Perhaps she lightened her hair.  She's beautiful, whoever she is.  I love the fact that she does not have a flat stomach!  She's gorgeous for showing it as it is!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: