Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  From Rolling Stone: Suicide Girl tells us what happened between EODM and Axl
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: From Rolling Stone: Suicide Girl tells us what happened between EODM and Axl  (Read 9789 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« on: December 29, 2006, 05:17:56 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/12/29/exclusive-what-really-happened-between-axl-eomd/#more-1678

If it has already been posted, feel free to delete...or whatever needs to be done.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 05:22:53 PM »

I never read it so thanks for posting..

not much of any news though

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 05:38:35 PM »

Rolling Stone has turned into a bunch of smart asses with an axe to grind. I'm not responding to this story in particular, but you can see aspects of it here too. Story's OK. She kind of supports Axl's side and not the other band's side, which is cool. Of course, we know from people who were there that they were booed and left early.

Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 06:03:44 PM »

the guy that wrote thats a dickhead,..."way to secure a spot for the chinese democracy tou in 2017..hope your boobs are still perky in 10 years"...what a fuckin prick

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 06:57:39 PM »

This is what Tommy and Merck said before.  EODM was fired for cutting their set short, among other things.  Nice to hear that the Suicide Girls and Axl are cool though.  I don't think the Suicide Girl was saying those things to kiss ass for a future tour like that writer implied.

Ali
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »

Baz is a pimp  smoking
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 07:46:15 PM »

Jason Gordon, I hope you are ran over by a bus.

The last comment basically implied that anyone with anything positive to say about Axl are just sucking up to get somewhere. The girl gave him an honest response, much in line with what Baz said about the ordeal, and because it's pro-Axl, she's sucking up. So if she'd said, "Axl that asshole, he fired them for no reason", she would've been truthful and it made the front page of RS?

Ripping off the kids while they be payin' their hard-earned money to read about the bands they want to know about... RS - suck my fucking dick.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 08:12:41 PM »

Of course everyone is going to get a shot in at Axl since the album REALLY is coming out soon. They have to get all there "Democracy will come to China before it comes from Axl" jokes now before they have nothing to say after the albums release.

Oh she's a cornshucker!
Barney Fife
Opening Act

"Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!"

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 08:16:25 PM »

I was at the concert. ?Part of it was the crowd was anxious to see GnR. ?Part of it was the sound wasn't very good. ?I could hear the music good, but when it came to the lyrics you couldn't understand a word the singer of POSM was singing. ?It was like he was mumbling into the mic. ?You could tell that they didn't know how to handle the crowd response as they kept looking at each other with a grin like What should we do now?

The crowd was not near as mean as the crowd when I seen GnR in the early 90's in Dayton at the Nutter Center. ?Soundgarden was the opening act, and a majority of the crowd was out by the concessions. ?The fans that remained to listen were booing non-stop. ?The lead singer for Soundgarden got mad and started yelling at the fans that they sucked. ?But at least they finished their time. ?That night GnR didn't take the stage until 1 AM, and played until 3 AM. ?Great time. ?Remember going to class the next day at Miami U. The professor was talking but I didn't hear a thing. ?My ears had a ringing sound for 3 days. ?I didn't talk to anybody unless somebody talked to me, because it was too frustrating trying to listen.

Another thing about the POSM. ?When Axl called them the Pigeons of Shit Metal. ?He was standing on the upper part of the stage in front of Frank and the drums. ?Tommy was on the lower part of the stage. ?In order for Axl to throw Tommy's guitar like the lead Pigeon said. ?Tommy would had to have thrown it up at Axl and would have took out the drums and everything else close by. ?And for Axl to throw it back down it would have definitly broke and everybody would have seen it. ?Total lie by the lead Pigeon.

Too bad there isn't video of it.

"There once was a deputy called Fife,
Who carried a gun and a knife.
The gun was all dusty,
And his knife was all rusty,
Because he never caught a crook in his life."
guns_n_motley
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 08:41:33 PM »

Baz is a pimp? smoking

wait, which one is the suicide girl?? Grin
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 08:42:55 PM »

This writer is a hack. Jason thinks we really give a shit about his personal opinion.RS should stop letting interns write for them.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Annie
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 09:03:06 PM »

Cool read, thanks for posting!
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »

Why would you boo a band thats trying to entertain you? Seems GNR fans can be very closed minded to any of type of music. I know I was back in 91, it was GNR or nothing, I have grown up since.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 09:57:08 PM »

Rolling Stone has turned into a bunch of smart asses with an axe to grind. I'm not responding to this story in particular, but you can see aspects of it here too.

True.

I'll add to say it was a rapid decline; In January they were all over the place because of Axl's exclusive comments in the Korn party. After that, RS just had to   go for the big one: The CD release date. Changing your stand over getting it wrong is not very professional.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 10:00:04 PM »

What the hell is up with RS?  They used to be so nice about Axl and stuff.  They praised the demos, and now they are totally changing, almost 180 degree turn.  Maybe its because when the album didn't come out on the 21st it gave them a bad reputation?  probably.  I might have to cancel my subscription.  Roll Eyes
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »

Maybe its because when the album didn't come out on the 21st it gave them a bad reputation?  probably.

With Axl's letter out, RS shouldn't need to worry about a 'bad rep'. Sometimes magazines get their news wrong. Shit happens. They screw up the CD release date? Well, that's a first.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
EstrangedReality
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 10:30:56 PM »

This writer is a hack. Jason thinks we really give a shit about his personal opinion.RS should stop letting interns write for them.

Rolling Stone articles have always been opinionated. It's nothing new. It's what gave the magazine its edge.

If they had written about the Scott/Axl feud and said something derogatory about Scott, everyone would be saying "Ha that was so funny, that writer is really cool and obviously is a fan of Axl's."
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 10:36:38 PM »

Well, it is cool to be a fan of Axl.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 11:03:57 PM »

Baz is a pimp? smoking

wait, which one is the suicide girl?? Grin

The suicide Girl is the one on the....insert Jack Sparrow's compus..... one on the right hihi

I didn't get to see the Suicide Girl's and I never heard any EODM material to judge them.. Guns fans are a tough crowd I know that much.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 12:18:06 AM »

You know, I don't understand assholes booing the opening act.

I mean sure, if you're in New York and someone comes out and says "Fuck New York and everyone in it!!" or something then there will be booing, but it sucks ass when people just start booing a band they don't like. I mean they'll only be on for 45 minutes, why not just deal with it? If you can't do that, why not go grab a beer and chat to some people? Or, you know, open your mind and give them a fair chance.

But no, there's got to be some assholes ruining the show for whoever in attendance likes that band (and I don't care if that's only one person) and giving shit to a band that have busted their ass to get where they are and are just up there doing their thing (sometimes at the personal invitation of the act they're there to see).

Now, of course a band facing that should suck it up and play on for sure, but that doesn't excuse the people in the crowd from being dickheads.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: